Tales Of Syphona Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden ❯ A suprise visit ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dsiclaimer: I do not own Tales of Symphonia



Chapter 3

I heard a faint pounding sound. It seemed to becoming from a distant place, so I just ignored it. But it came again, a little louder this time. I couldn't seem to figure out what it was coming from. A third time, more persisitant.

I groaned as I opened my eyes, becoming fully awake. I sat up a bit and yawned. I looked at the clock to see it was 2:30A.M. The pounding came again. Now being awake I was able to tell it was someone knocking at the door. The urgent knock came once more. I got up and quickly headed for the door. Who the hell would come this late?

I unlocked the door and began to open it, but suddenly someone pushed their way in. Before I had time to react or even tell who it was they shut the door as fast as they could. They pressed their body against the door and I could hear a sigh of relief. They sagged down to the floor, breathing heavily.

By this time my eyes had fully adjusted to the dark and I recongized the form sitting on the ground.

"Yuan..?"

He looked up at me. "Sorry... For disturbing you so late... " His tone was a bit off.

I kneeled down next to him. "Don't worry about that. Are you alright? What happened?" I tried to keep the concern out of my voice but the way Yuan glanced up at me told me I failed.

I placed my hand under his arm to help him up until I heard him hiss in pain. I retreated me hand to find it wet. Wet with blood.

I looked at him, when he saw the concern on my face I heard him grunt.

"I'm fine. It's nothing serious."

He could be so aragont sometimes.

"I'll be the judge of that."

I wrapped an arm carefully around his waist and helped him up. I heard him growl quietly but didn't push my help away. I helped him to the couch. I turned the light on, squinting from the sudden painful light. As my eyes began to adjust I went back over to Yuan.

I gasped slightly when I saw him. He was covered in cuts and wounds. The worst looked to be on his right side, slightly under his arm. It was bleeding badly.

I sat down next to him and placed my hand on his arm. I casted 'First Aid', it seemed to slow the bleeding a bit. I casted it again and all the wounds had closed up. I was about to cast it a final time before he interupped me.

"That'll do," he growled.

I sighed and got up. I felt his eyes on me as I left the room. I came back a few minutes laster with a pair of clothes.

"Why don't you take a shower and get yourself cleaned up. Then you can tell me what the hell's going on."

He just grunted, so I took that for an 'okay'. I directed him to the bathroom. As he closed the door I sat on the couch and sighed. What kind of trouble has that man gotten himself into this time.

I rubbed my hand across my face, and yawned a bit, I looked out the window at the starry night sky. I faintly thought about what happened to the other Renegades. The question I wanted to know most was who had attacked Yuan, and why. Well okay, why was a stupid question. I'm sure Yuan has gotten on a lot of people's nerves.

I pondered on this till I heard the bathroom door open. I looked over to see Yuan walking in the room. He was pulling his pant legs up. I couldn't hold back a chuckle when he tripped over them. I was a bit bigger then Yuan was, so my clothes were a bit to big on him.

I heard him grumble under his breath as he finally made it to the couch. When he sat down he glanced up at me. I figured that look on his face meant he was ready for whatever questions I had.

"What happened?"

"Our base was invaded," he gave a tired sigh.

"By who?"

He glared at me slightly, "I don't know."

"Well what about the rest of the Renegades? You didn't just leave them there, did you? Not very leader-like." I grunted.

"I didn't abandon them!" I was a bit suprised that he shouted. I stayed silent, letting him continue. "We were taken by suprise when attacked. A good number of my men were lost. Although I made sure the rest were evacuated safely."

"So you ran just like that?" I raised an eyebrow.

"No!" he hissed, "We fought back for a while, but we weren't really prepared for battle," he admitted.

"A leader should always be ready for anything." I coldly stated.

"I know that!" he said irritated. "But I've been a bit busy with a dozen other things! Making a new government isn't exactly easy!"

I grunted in response, thinking about what else to ask,

"Well where are the other Renegades? Where did you evacuate them?"

"Home," he simply stated.

"Home?" I gave a confused expression.

"Yes, home. They went where ever they lived before joining the Renegades."

I gave him an odd look. After a few minutes of silence all I could ask was "Why?"

"Why what?" he glared at me, obviously annoyed.

"Why send them home? Don't you have another secret base in case of emergency or something?" I cocked my head to the side slightly, my auburn bangs shifting to cover my eyes a bit.

"Are you an idiot? What if one of my Renegades were disguised as the enemy? My 'hidden base' would no longer be hidden. And what's stopping the enemy from attacking again? We may be more alert but that doesn't mean we're completely ready for an attack. I won't lose anymore of my men for no good end."

I smiled. He was a good leader. A bit short-tempered but he was clever. He cares about his men.

"What are you smiling about?" he glared at me suspiously.

I noticed that I was still smiling at him. I quickly put no expression on my face again. "No reason." I decided to change the subject before he pressed it. "So what are you gonna do? If you didn't evacuate the Renegades somewhere then you don't want their help."

"Well I figured I'd find out who attacked my base on my own. Then go from there."

"Hmm..." My gaze settled on the floor as I thought for a moment.

Wait a minute...

I looked up at him suspiously. "Why did you come to my house...?" I dreaded the answer.

"Well..." he looked away, "I was hoping you'd let me stay at your place for a while..." He glanced up at me quickly before returning his gaze to the floor. "I can't really return to my base the way it is now," he quickly added.

I groaned softly. I was afraid of that. And I guess he didn't have any other 'friends' to stay with. I was about to ask him why couldn't he just stay with one of his Renegades or live on his own. But asking one of your followers that would be pretty awkward and shameful. And living on his own would cost Yuan gald he most likely didn't have.

But what if Yuan's attackers found him here? That would put me and the whole town of Luin in danger. This town could end up being destroyed again. I wouldn't have these people's blood on my hands.

"Kratos...?"

I looked up, apparently I must have been silent for to long. He looked impatient... and nervous? Why would he be nervous?

"Alright. You can stay here." Yuan's face lit up for a second till he noticed I saw and forced it away. Yuan's been acting kinda weird today,,,

"But you better keep a low profile Yuan. A really low profile! We don't need to put the people of Luin in danger." He nodded in agreement.

"Alright then," I stood up, "if that's it I'm going back to bed. I don't have a soare room so you'll have to sleep on the couch."

"Okay." He glanced at the couch he was sitting on.

I went to the closet and took out a blanket and threw it at him. "Here." I smirked slightly as it hit him in the face.

As I walked to my bedroom I could hear him curse under his breath, glaring daggers at me.

I closed my door and laid down. I sighed, what a night. I suppose I did want a more everntful life. But this isn't what I had in mind. I sighed again and tried to go to sleep.