Teen Titans Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Love worth Dying For ❯ The Lone Hero ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 18: The Lone Hero

Disclaimer: I do not own Sonic the Hedgehog or Teen Titans. Sega and DC comics do

Previously: “I Love you Sonic. And I always will.”, said Terra. As she wrapped her arms around Sonic.

Sonic put his right hand on Terra’s cheek and his left around her back. Then they both kissed eachother tenderly.

While Katie and Knuckles watched.

Cream had coverd Tails’s and cheeze’s eyes.

After about 20 seconds They broke apart. “ I’ll always love you Too Terra.”, said Sonic.

Terra then enterd The car.

Then Terra and Sonic looked into eachother’s eyes. The car began to Drive off and Terra just looked back at Sonic and friends with Tears in her eyes.

They looked at eachother untill Sonic lost sight of the vehicle. “ I Love you Terra. Good bye”,Thought Sonic as he He felt a tear go down one of his large eyes.

* * *

Now Sonic and the group just looked at the direction the car went.

Sonic lowerd his head as his quills moved with the wind.

Katie put a hand on Sonic’s shoulder. “ hey It’ll be okay.”, said Katie.

“You can still call eachother.”, assured Cream.

“ I know, It just wont be the same and thanks to my job here as a hero, who knows when or even if I’ll get to see her face again. But at leat you guys can.” , replied Sonic.

A single tear came down from Sonic’s eyes.

“ Hey, at least she isn’t mad at you or anything like that.”, said Knuckles.

“ Or in a touture chamber being mocked beaten then dipped in acid melting away all of her skin and...”, said Tails.

" Tails, I think he gets it!", roared Knuckles.

Sonic didn’t move but he said, “ Well thanks guys, but I think I should be alone for while.”, said Sonic.

He then took off at Sonic speed. Every one just looked at the road he sped off to.

* * * * *

That Evning:


Sonic was on top of a tall building walking twards the edge.

He stood by the edge watching and hearing the cars and people below him carry on with their night.

His quills began to blow to the right slightly due to a light breeze.

The hedgehog took a seat on the building's edge, looking up to the stars, allowing his feet to hang beineith him.

"Why did this have to happen? we had spent so much time together. How cone she had to leave?" said a sad Sonic under his breath right before he released a sigh and lowered his head.

Sonic continued to talk to himself under his, "She is the most important person in my life. I love her more than any one."

Just then memories of Terra began to form in Sonic's mind.

First came the time when he beat up the mechanical ninjas and rescued Terra.

Next came their fist chat in Sonic's bed room as well as the kiss on the cheek.

Then came the first date including the thire food eating contest whic Sonic lost, the theater and the couple holding hands, as well as their first real kiss.

After that came the camping trip, when Sonic first learned how to swim and played with Terra and his friends in the lake, as well as the late night visit in the lake.

Finally came the dance formal slowdance as well as the last embrace the two shared.

" I'm sure I'll be able to call her soon but still, I don't know if I'll ever the chance to see her again. I'm going to miss her. Her personality, her eyes, her smile, everything.", Sobbed Sonic as tears began to run down his eyes.

Yes, the great hero, Sonic the hedgehog was crying. He hadn't done so in a long time.

Terra meant a great deal to him and now he was going to have to move on and live without her.

The only confort he had was the fact she isn't dead or angry at him.

As he sobbed his right ear began to flicker. He could hear police sirens near by.

‘ Wonder what thy are after, better follow them.’, thought Sonic as jumped off the building catching on to a helecopter flying above him.

He rode the helecopter and went to the scene.

It was a jewry store similar to the one Shadow attacked, (* see Chapter 8).

Sonic saw a man on top of the store wearing black tights covering his whole body.

He had a skull like mask with a red X across his chest and another across the mask.

He also had a cape that looked torn at the bottom.

The Helecopter decended and Sonic landed on the ground.

“ Who the heck are you? ”, asked Sonic.

“ Call me Red X and I’m Only here to take what is rightfully mine.”, replied the man.

He held out a bag of jewls and said, “ Catch me if you can.” Red X backflipped off the building.

Sonic ran to the other side of the building but saw that there was no one there.

He then heard Red X’s cape swish through the wind.

Sonic was now in an ally unfimilar to him.

He looked around but noticed Nothing.

The from Sonic’s left, a sharp spinning object was thrown at him.

Sonic Saw this coming and dodged the attack, barely.

The object hit against the wall and got stuck, which Sonic noticed looks like an X.

“ Over here kid.” called Rex X.

Sonic charged at Red X in attempt to punch him, but Red X frontflipped over Sonic and quickly turned around to do a sideways karatie chop.

Sonic blocked the move.

Red X punched at Sonic a few times but some were blocked, the rest were dodged.

Sonic did a few punches, which Red X dodged .

Sonic then did a round house kick which connected to Red X's mask. The villan shook off the blow and countered by a kick in the the gut.

Sonic was sent back a few steps but quickly recovered and went for another punch.

Rex X dodged and Socked Sonic in the face a few times and then picked up the blue hedgehog and threw him against a wall, not too far infront of him.

Sonic yelped in pain as his back slammed against the wall and fell to the ground.

“ They call you Sonic the hedgehog? You seem pretty slow to me.”, taunted red X while tossing the jewlry bag up and down.

Sonic got up slowly with some effort and just glared at his enemy, puttin his hand on his bruised Cheek.

Sonic chared at Red X again but this time another X was thrown at his legs.

This time the X extended and wrapped around Sonic’s legs, causing him to trip.

“ You cheap little…”, roared Sonic as he struggled to break free.

“ I seriosly thought this would be more fun. Since it isn't I might as well leave.”, siged Red X.

Sonic then growled and tried to open his legs the best he could after a few seconds later.

Sonic was able to break the bonds.

He then got up and was about to charge at Red X.

But he Noticed X was now running away ontop of a small building in front to him.

Sonic stoood there building up as much energy as possible.

When he relised his energy, he jumped about 50 feet into the air.

He sucsessfully landed on the small building he was gooing fore.

“ Stop Creep!”, Yelled Sonic as he saw Red X run to the edge of the building they are both on. Red X stopped and Turned to see Sonic.

“ Not Bad Kid but still not good enough.”, said Red X as he ran twards Sonic.

Sonic did the same. as they charged, Red X did a jump, spin in a circle and kicked Sonic in the face, giving Sonic a black eye.

Sonic fell to the ground and saw Red X Throw some X's at him from mid air.

Sonic rolled out of the way and got up.

Sonic did a few kicks of his own against Red X . The attacks connected to the thief's body but Sonic’s left leg was grabbed and the hedgehog was thrown 15 feet away.

Sonic was able to land on his feet sliding a few feet backward.

“ You’ll have to do better than that”, said Sonic

. “ What happened to the hedgehog I’ve seen on TV who used to come up with amusing comments?”., asked Red X as a sharp X on each fist revield them selves then started spinning like electric saws.

Red X threw some punches at Sonic with his blade like fists. Sonic barely dodged the attacks.

Sonic jumped into the air and kicked Red X in the gut, causing the villan to fall to the ground and loose his saw blades.

The villan got on his feet and jumped and kneed Sonic hard in the stomach,launching the blue hero in the air.

Red X then threw some X's at Sonic, Causing Sonic to cry in pain as the blades cut him as he fell back down to the roof of the building a few yards away from Red X.

As Sonic tried to get off of his back, the villan walked twards the wounded hero and stood infront of him.

" That's it? Is that the best you can do, hero?", asked Red X.

Sonic was unable to rise to his feet, the pain was too overwhelming for him and he wasn't going to get the time to recover.

'I would be doing better if Terra wasn't gone. I would be in a better fighting condition.', thought Sonic.

Red X pulled out another electric saw blade on his wrist.

'I wish I can be with her but red X is right, I am a hero. I can't go visit her because random criminals would attack.', thought Sonic as he clenched his teeth in fury.

Red X was going in for the kill with his saw blade.

The villan's arm was caught by one of Sonic's hands.

" What the...?",said a shocked Red X but couldn't finish his sentance as he was kicked in the gut.

Sonic rose from his feet, ran twards the thief, and upper cutted Red X into the air with his right fist.

as red X landed on the ground Sonic lept twards him and pinned him down to the floor.

Sonic Socked Red X in the face with his right fist as he began yelling," I Hate YOu and all people like you."

Sonic delivers another blow this time with his left fist, " I can't marry. I can't have a family. I can't ever live a happy life because of people like you! ", Sonic delivered more blows Yelling. " Curse You, Curse you all!"

Sonic continued punching Red X with both fists simontaniosly, breaking the villans mask. Sonic knew Red X was beaten but Sonic himself hadn't unleashed all of his fury yet.

a spot light then hit Sonic as he noticed a helecopter flying above him. He also noticed his gloves were covered in blood stains and saw that Red X's face was so badly beaten up it was hard to identify. Sonic shook nervously and askjed him self, " Did I? Is he..?"

Sonic pressed two of his fingers against Red X's neck and felt a heart beat. Assured the villan was'nt quite dead, Sonic ran off of the building with superspeed and left Red X to the cops.

As Sonic was running on his way home he though to himself, ' I am Sonic the hedgehog, hereo of Station Square. I can't afford to leave the city. I must protectet it untill my death. I may be able to call you, but I can't come see you, I'm sorry Terra."

To be continued