Teen Titans Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Love worth Dying For ❯ Showdown ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 22: Showdown

Disclaimer: None of the Sonic or teen titans characters belong to me. They belong to Sega and DC comics.

Authors notes: Sorry again for taking so long, Being a senior in highschool can lead to lots of work sometimes. Also I was gone all christmas break so I couldn't finish the fic, anyways here you are. Hope you enjoy.

Sonic the hedgehog and the dark warrior Slade charged at each other.

Sonic was the first to attack as he began to throw a series punches at Slade.

The villan's lightning reflexes allowed him to perry every punch Sonic thew at him.

Soon Slade countered by swinging his bo-staff at Sonic. The blue hedgehog lept backwards just in time to dodge the blow.

Sonic immediatly sped right back and this time, he threw an uppercut at Slade.

The fist was caught by Slade's right hand before it could connect with his chin.

Slade twisted Sonic's arm, causing the hedgehog to shout in pain.

With his freehand, Slade swung his Bo-staff, which connected with Sonic's right cheek.

The attack was so powerful that it sent him to the ground.

Sonic managed to rise to his feet to see Slade as he placed the bo-staff in his utility belt. He then ran towards Sonic.

Sonic growled as he spun around performing a round house kick.

Slade ducked to dodge the attack and while crouching, kicked at Sonic's right shin, causing the hero to fall again.

Before Sonic could hit the ground Slade uppercutted Sonic, sending him 20feet away, once again landing on the ground.

'He sent me to the ground twice already. I havn't even touched him. Probaby one the strongest villan I've ever faced. Doesn't matter though. I will rescue Terra even if he has the powe of all seven chaos emeralds.', thought Sonic as he rose to his feet.

"Is that the best you can do. I was hoping fore more of a challenge for someone who truely cares about Terra.", taunted Slade as he walked towards Sonic.

This built up Sonic's anger immensely as he bagan to breath heavily as he clenched his teeth.

'Time to use the power I absorbed from the emerald.', thought Sonic. He clenched his right fist expecting a chaos spear to form in his hand. Nothing happened.

' Darn, looks like the emerald still needs time to regain power from that chaos spear, I geuss I'll have to fight him the old fasioned way.', thought Sonic.

" You want a fight you got one!" Shouted Sonic as he ran towards Slade and lept in the air.

Sonic then positioned his right foot infront of him, preparint to kick Slade in the stomach.

"Take This!" Shouted Sonic as he was about to connect with Slade.

The villan moved out of the way just at the right moment causing Sonic's attack to connect to the ground

Sonic immediately threw more punches at Slade. The mad man bloced some punches and dodged others.

****

In the other room, Terra was struggling to break free by pulling on her resraints with her.

' I Have to get out of her and help Sonic.', thought Terra to her self as she continued to sruggle.

a few moments later she gave up since she had been trying soon after the battle began.

Terra panted in total exaution, sweat and tears coursing through her face.

' It's no use, I can't do this and If I try useing my powers this neclace will shock me again. But I have to try something', thought Terra.

* * *
Back to the main battle room:

The hedgehog then jumped again and started to kick Slade many times.

Slade crossed both of his arms and chuckled sinistery as Sonic Kicked at his metal protected arms.

When Sonic was finished kicking, he attempted another punch but Slade landed his fist right in Sonic's stomach.

Slade then threw three powerfull punches at Sonic's face, causing him to step back as well as his mouth to bleed. Slade then kicked Sonic in the chest with the bottom of his left boot, leaving a massive bruise and sending him to a wall.

The villan then grabbed Sonic's neck with his left hand, choking the poor hedghog.

All Sonic could do was use his hands to break free.

" How dissapointing. Defeating you was easier than I thought it would be.", mocked Slade has his grip on Sonic tightened.

" What do you want with her?", asked Sonic as he fought for air.

" Revenge.", replied Slade right before punching Sonic's face with his free hand.

" She killed me two years ago."

* Punch*

"I was lucky and made a deal with the devil in order to restore my life."

* punch*

"Now with help from Amy, I was able to track Terra down."

*punch*

" I forced Terra's Father's company to move from station square inorder to get her away from you."

* punch*

" Now that I have her. I will beat you to near death, then make you watch your girlfriend be anahiliated."

Slade then laughed evily out loud as he threw one last punch at Sonic then threw him to the ground.

Sonic's mouth was now covered in blood, his right eye was now blacked out and visible bruises could be seen on his face.

The hedgehog struggled to rise to his feet but Slade stomped his right foot against Sonic, causing him to shout in pain.

* * * * *

In the other room Terra gasped as he heard Sonic shout in pain." Sonic, No!", shouted Terra out loud.

' Since I can't escape, maybe I can encourage Sonic.', thought Terra.

She began to shout, " Sonic! You are the hero of Station square nothing has stopped you before and neither will he. You can stop him. I know you can."

* * * * *

Both Sonic and Slade could hear Terra's voice encouraging Sonic, as Sonic struggled to push himself free from Slade's foot.

" Silence!", ordered Slade as he pulled out a device from his utility belt and pressed a red button.

Terra began to scream in pain from the other room. Sonic was now no longer in pain but in anger. His true love was helpless and suffering from an attack and crying in pain.

" Terraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!", Screamed Sonic as loud as he possibly could.

" It is useless, She is done for.", assured Slade as he pressed his foot down harder on Sonic.

" Rrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaa!", Sonic began to shout out as his entirebody began to glow green.

A green flame burst from Sonic's body, sending Slade flying against a wall on the otherside of the large room.

Sonic rose to his feet and noticed the device Slade had earlier now on the ground. He piched it up and crushed it with his hand( with the help of the emerald's power) causing Terra's pain to cease.

Sonic's wounds began healing as he continued to glow. His blacked out eye opened and his brused dissapeared. Sonic then wiped the blood off of his mouth.

Sonic then heard a sound similar to that of an electric saw.

Sonic immediately disappeared into nothing.

He then appeared right infront of Slade, completely healed.

" You, How did you...?", asked Slade right before Sonic landed a chaos powered punch on Slade's face.

" You messed with the wrong girl.", said Sonic almost shouting.

Sonic growled as he charged at slade, he was about to punch Slade but instead performed a backflip when he was near his enemy.

This took Slade by surprise and sent him a few feet away. Slade backflipped also so he landed on his feet.

Slade then pulled out his bo-staff again and darted towards Sonic.

The villan began a series of swinging his staff at Sonic.

The hedgehog dodged the blows as they came and once he saw an oppertunity to attack, he elboed Slade in the stomach.

Slade was forced to take a few steps back as Sonic darted towards Slade.

" How dare you harm her!", Shouted Sonic as he advanced towards Slade, his breath became heavy, his hands began to glow green with chaos energy.

Before Slade could react, Sonic slammed his left fist across Slades face. Half a second later his right fist slammed into the armored mask, causing it to forn a large crack. Slade was sent to the ground once again.

With Some effort he was able to rise to his feet only to be greeted by an uppercut from Sonic to his chin, sending Slade flying both high and far.

Before Slade could land Sonic ran twards the flying Slade. Just before Slade could land, Sonic lept foward, extending his right leg, kicking the villan right in the stomach and sent him twards the wall.

" You're going down.", yelled Sonic as a chaos spear formed in each of his hands.

He soon threw the one in his right hand, followed by the other one right at Slade.

The attack caused an exploion that clouded Sonic's vision.

Sonic panted and held on to his chest with one hand.

" Terra.",said Sonic quietly as he ran superspeed towards the door that lead to her.

He soon found Terra uncouncious, badly beaten and bound against the wall with cuffs on each arm bound by chains in the wall.

Sonic Karate chopped one of the chains, breaking it. He soon broke the other chain, ripped the collar from her neck and and held Terra in his arms.

While he held her he attemted to perform chaos healing but the power left him again, so he resorted to trying to wake her.

" Terra. Terra, can you hear me?", asked Sonic loudly.

She slowly opened her eyes and let out a smile.

" Sonic.", cried out an excited Terra right before she hugged him.

"You aren't mad at me for what was on the newspaper this morning? Wait you saw that paper right?", asked Sonic.

" I saw it, I was shocked at first but I know you wouldn't willingly do anything like that, right?", asked Terra in return.

" Yea, I was knocked out. Now lets get you home.", replied Sonic.

Terra heard footsteps and opened her eyes to see Slade right infront of her, with armor that had been cracked badly and some pieced fell off due to the chaos spears.

" Sonic, Behind you!" shouted Terra as Slade grabbed Sonic on the back of the neck with one hand, ignorring the quills on Sonic's head.

Slade then threw Sonic away from Terra, sending him on the ground.

Sonic was then pinned to the ground by the mad man.

" Time to Die!", Shouted a furious Slade who raised a Knife with his right hand.

Right as Slade went in for the kill Sonicused both hands to catch Slade's arm and hold it back.

Slade implied his second hand and began pushing the knife towards Sonic, strenth leaving Sonic by the second.

" NOOOOO!", Shouted Terra as her eyes began to glow yellow and picked up a large peice of cancrete and hurled it at Slade.

The attack sent him collideing against a wall. The rock shattered to smaller pieces and a few stones had Slade's leg trapped inside.

The villan tried to pull himself out but the effort was futile.

" You may have won but I am going o take you dowm with me.", growled Slade as he pressed a button that was on the wall next to him.

A computer voice then could be heard, " Initiating self destruct sequence. 10...9...8"

Sonic immediately picked up Terra bridal style and started to run out of the building full speed.

While almost out of the building, he used one hand to grab the still unconcious Amy by the leg and drag her out of the building while he held Terra close with his other arm.

* * * *

At the last Second, Sonic was a few yards away from the building and tripped and fell on his knees.

Sonic knew he would’t get up in time so he bent over a bit holding Terra as close as he could with both hands, dropping Amy and shielding the blonde from the explosion.

Pieces of rubble flew everywhere.

Sonic then felt a sudden pain in his back causing him to relise Terra.

Terra then noticed a small spike poking out of Sonic’s chest.

“ Omi Gosh you have a spike in your chest.”, shriked Terra as she got on her knees.

A flying peice of rubble had stabbed him in the back.

“ Terra…I just..wish we could have spent more time together.”, started Sonic.

“ Shhh..Don’t talk, I’ll get you help.”, said Terra as she held Sonic by the soldiers.

“ If I don’t make it, I want to Tell you that you are the love in my life which was worth dying for.” Said Sonic with very shallow breath.

“ Stay with me Sonic, Please, you are the best thing ever to happen to me and this earth..”, cried Terra.

Sonic put one hand on her right cheek and said, “ …T..T..erra………” Sonic fell leaning against Terra and stopped breathing.

“No…no..it can’t end like this. He’s the best person I’ve ever met.”

Terra sobbed and looked at Sonic, remembering the scene when they first met(chapter 4), their first date(chapters12) kissing Sonic for the first time (CH 13), camp( Chapter 14 and 15) formal(ch 17), and their good bye(end of chap 17)

“NOOOOOOOO!” Screamed Terra as loud as she could.

Terra then kissed the head of the fallen hero and squezzed him in a tight embrace, never wanting to let go, crying into his body.


To be CONCLUDED