Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ /The Chronicles of Pain: Doon's Story/ ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author’s Note: Um, nothing really to say except sorry for the late update. School’s a bitch, that’s all. Enjoy! ~Chapter Seven~ “The Mission”  

Doon woke up to the sun shining into her eyes. She stirred and sat up. Mud was caked on the side of her face, and all over her clothes. She tried to scrub it off, but she didn‘t care enough to. She felt her stomach rumbling horribly. She could feel her reserve power at max now, but her regular power was only starting to refuel.

“Food will help.” she glanced back at the Tower. She had snuck in once, she could do it again. Besides, it would only be a few minutes, get in, make sure no ones there, and get right back out. She walked up to the front door, and was about to use up some reserve power to pry it open, but she stopped herself.

“They’ll hear me this way.” she said. She struggled to come up with a way to get inside, but her thoughts were halted as the door opened. She poured on all of the speed she had and shot upwards. She barely made it to the edge of the roof before her reserve powers gave out. She began to fall, and she desperately grabbed for a ledge. Her right hand found one, and she gripped onto it with her fingertips.

She hung on for dear life, and hoped that a miracle would come along. It was so hard to hold on... She bit her lip hard as her muscles strained to continue to hold her weight up with those four fingertips. She tried to swing her other hand up to help, but she could not reach it; her right hand almost slipped off in the process.

She knew how far it was to the ground, fatal. Help me, anyone, please. I don’t want to die like this…not like this. God, help me. She felt her fingers slowly slipping, only a moment more and she would fall to her death. She tried to summon any of her powers, anything at all; but none came, she was too panicked. The last of her grip failed and she started to scream as she plummeted to the ground below.

Suddenly, as her horrible life flashed before her eyes, a hand grabbed hers. She jerked upwards as they stopped their descent, and then she felt herself being lifted upwards. She looked up to see who it was, having a horrible feeling that it was one of the Titans. At first, the sun met with her eyes, making her squint to see. As she was pulled up onto the roof, she realized it was Slade.

“What were you doing here still? Did you complete the mission?” he asked, staring at her with a stony glare.

She nodded weakly. A loud buzzing was becoming increasingly louder. It was one of Slade’s choppers. They walked out of the way, letting it land. The wind from the blades blew back her short silver hair. They both climbed into it and Slade nodded to the drone pilot to take off.

“All of my powers are drained.” She looked up at him, still in a daze. “Where did you come from? How did you know I would still be here?”

He didn’t answer.

“Let’s go. You will train to strengthen your powers, I‘ve been too lenient on you.” he said after a few moments of silence.

Doon saw all of her brutal training sessions in an ugly blur. Yeah, too lenient… She sarcastically thought. He turned and looked over the side of the open door of the chopper.

“That would have been a gruesome fall.” He paused, and then changed the subject. He looked over into the sky. “Ah, there are the Titans, heading out for leisurely activities, no doubt. Tsk, tsk. They should be out looking for me…”

He turned back to her. She looked away from his eyes. He laughed shortly.

“You still won’t face me, will you?” His voice turned serious. “A wise decision, I’m sure.”

She just stared at the floor of the chopper, feeling hatred for her fear of him. It had always been there, ever since he had said those terrible things so many years ago.

“Slade…”

“How many times have I asked you to call me Dad?” he said with a cruel laugh. He loved to mock her. She knew if she ever called him that, the consequences would be dire. She winced, but continued.

“What exactly happen when the plan is fully carried out?”

“Simple. The Titans will be crushed, and Jump City will be mine.” he said in a cold voice. She nodded and looked up at his turned head. He’s a monster.

“What’s next?” she asked, staring strait at him this time. Her voice had regained its firmness, and she was glad of it.

He stared at her for a minute, and then looked back out to the city that was far below them.

“I think its time I tell you exactly what your part in this is.” Doon didn’t like the tone he said that in. They rode the rest of the way back to the old mansion where Slade lived in silence.

ooo

Robin woke with a start. He had just had a terrible dream. Slade and he had joined forces. They had taken down Jump City, side by side as master and apprentice. He rubbed his head in frustration and sighed.

“What was that all about…” he grumbled to himself. He looked over at the clock. Seven a.m., later then he was used to. He must’ve slept right through his alarm. A knock resounded on his door.

“Robin! Friend Robin!” Starfire’s cheery voice made his head ache even more than it already did this early in the morning, but he put a smile on his face and walked to the door.

As soon as it has slid open, she sprang in and threw her arms around him. He couldn’t fight the blush that was slowly creeping across his cheeks. She pulled away and beamed down at him.

“Happy Snorfkas Day!” she yelled with glee.

“Um, Snorfkas Day?” he asked as he shifted his weight to one hip.

“Yes! Oh, it is a most wonderful holiday on my home planet! It is a day of love and compassion towards all!” she gave him another bone-crushing hug and kissed him on the cheek. He tried to fight back the mad blush crawling up his entire face, but he could tell he failed. But she didn’t even seem to notice, and she turned and skipped down the hall to the kitchen.

He shrugged and touched the spot where she had kissed him on the cheek. He lightly blushed again and closed the door. I’ve got to stop blushing… He got dressed into his uniform and went out to the kitchen. Raven was sitting and reading her book at one of the stools in front of the island in the kitchen, Beast Boy was cooking up tofu pancakes, and Cyborg was squirming around on the couch, playing a racing video game, and moving the controller madly around in the air as if it would help the car. Starfire suddenly bound into the room. Her arms were full of flowers, pink paper hearts, and wrapped packages.

“What…” he started, but Starfire cut him off when she threw a bundle of flowers at him. He caught them not-so-smoothly, and looked at them in confusion. Starfire was flying around and giving (or rather throwing) presents at everyone, and they caught them awkwardly and looked at the alien girl in confusion.

“Um…thanks?” Beast Boy said.

“Starfire, what in the world are these?” Robin asked.

“I believe you call them the gifts?” She said.

“For what?” Cyborg asked as he picked up his awkwardly wrapped present and shook it.

“For Snorfkas Day!” The team looked at Robin questioningly, but he gave them a look of “don’t ask” and they looked back at their presents. Beast Boy tore his wrapping off and stared at what was in front of him. The rest of the team followed suit as Starfire smiled at them.

“Oh…thanks Star…” Cyborg said slowly as he turned around a wrench in his hands.

“Hey, how did you get my underwear?!” Beast Boy shouted as he held up his heart-patterned undies.

Robin looked down at his own gift. It was a bird-a-rang. He plastered on a fake smile and put it into his belt with the others.

“Thanks Starfire, that’s really nice of you.”

Raven’s eyebrow was twitching as she held up the book in her hands.

“You were in my room?” she said in a dangerous voice. Starfire backed away a bit and smiled nervously.

“Um…I like your scary decorations…” she squeaked out. Raven stiffly drew in her eyes from the red haired girl and opened her book, setting down the other one and reading. She mumbled about how she could put some old curse on Starfire, but the rest became inaudible. Suddenly, thankfully, the alarm rang.

“Trouble!” Starfire yelled. Robin rushed over to the monitor.

“Cinderblock. Let’s move.” The team ran out the door and went off to catch another bad guy.

ooo (Quick A/N: Sorry that the last part was so incredibly boring, I just didn’t have anything exciting for them to do, but my apologies anyways. Back to the story…)

Doon and Slade were sitting across from each other in the dark briefing room. She had her hands folded on her lap; he was staring at files and reports that were lying in front of him on the table.

“So, what will I have to do?” she asked.

He looked up, seeming as if he had just acknowledged that he was there.

“You will be a mole set among the Titans. You will live with them, become part of the team, and earn their trust. Then, you will completely destroy them for me.”

She looked up at him in surprise.

“What? No, I can’t, I won‘t.”

“What other choice do you have? You are to do my bidding. You know better than to futilely rebel.” he said coldly. But she knew he was right, she didn’t have any other choice. She sighed and made her hands into fists. She glared at him and hoped he knew just how much she hated him. Slade smiled, knowing that he had won.

“Good. Now, let’s discuss how you will get inside Titans Tower.”

He had everything laid out, pre-planned, all set in stone. And she was going to be his tool, once again. Doon was going to kill the Titans.

ooo

It was late when the Titans got back from their fight with cinderblock. The giant stone monster had been returned to jail, and all was well in Jump City (but we all now that that can’t last for very long).

The team walked in stiffly and plopped down onto the couch.

“That was some fight.” Cyborg said.

“I didn’t think the dude would last that long.” Beast Boy said with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

“We’ll have to watch out for him in the future.” Raven quietly commented. Robin nodded his head. He looked over at Starfire, who was playing with her hands. She looked really sad about something.

“I’m gonna go hit the sack.” Cyborg said after a huge yawn. BB nodded.

“Me too. ‘Night.”

“Goodnight.” Raven said as she floated off to her room. She gave Robin and Starfire a final look and smiled to herself before turning and floating off to bed. Starfire got up and went to go, but Robin grabbed her hand.

“Starfire, what’s wrong?” he asked. She plastered on a fake smile.

“Nothing, why do you ask friend?” she said innocently, but Robin could tell she was lying.

“You can tell me Star, we’re friends.” he said reassuringly. She looked up at him and her smile faded.

“Snorfkas Day was not what I expected it to be. On Tameran, it was one of the most important holidays. My family and I…” she trailed off sadly at the mention of her family.

“Star, you know that we’re your friends, right? We’re your family; you can always lean on us. Ok?”

She looked up at him and smiled.

“Thank you, Robin. You are very kind.” she whispered. She leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He cursed mentally when he started to madly blush. She turned and went off to her room, looking a lot happier than before. Robin smiled and went to bed himself.

Starfire…

ooo

Doon was lying on her blanket-bed, trying to get to sleep. It was very hot in her room, but whenever she took off the covers, her whole body shook. She was sweating cold beads all over her body. She writhed, trying to find a good position to get some sleep in.

Suddenly, she began to feel a strange sensation in her stomach. It traveled quickly to her entire body, until it had flooded all the way to her feet and head. She felt it surging all over her like a tidal wave, and she became frightened.

She began to see images. Her seventh birthday. Her brother and sister. Her running into show her mother the butterfly. Her mother and father smiling and kissing. Her sleeping and tossing on the couch. Her mother trying to wake her…

Her eyes shot open. She felt her body hit the floor with a thump and then blackness overtook her vision.

“Mommy?”

ooo

Author’ ;s Note: Ok, sorry that took so long (as usual), but like I said above, school’s bad. But its here now; and I sincerely apologze for the shortness, but it sorta needed to end there. Ok, Read and pleeeease review!

 

 

 

 

 

 

&nbs p;