Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Copy-Cat the Seventh Titan (OR) Raven finds love ❯ The Sacred Tower ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
 
The Titan's woke up the next morning on soft green grass in the very center of a forest.
 
“Oh…man!” moaned Cyborg, “Did someone hit me over the head with a dump-truck?”
 
“Never have I felt this bad since my Kinorfka before Galfore beat me for my breaking of rules!” said Star-Fire.
 
“I slept like a baby.” Said Beast-Boy, “A baby…trapped inside a rock crushing machine!”
 
“Where are we anyways?” asked Terra, “and how exactly did we get here?” added Raven.
 
“I brought you here!” said a familiar voice.
 
Everyone looked up and saw Copy-Cat sitting by a bonfire with a hot pot of stew waiting for them.
 
Beast-Boy ran over to one of he bowls as if hadn't eaten in years, and he forgot to blow on the hot soup.
 
Everyone laughed.
 
* * *
 
Copy-Cat saw them all being attacked by this Slade person, and seeing that they were all losing badly, he leapt into action.
 
He stayed hidden behind the crates during the fight, and when no one, not even she was looking, he transformed into Raven, and used her teleporting skills to warp them to the island they were one.
 
“Slade has not a clue of how you escaped, which makes it clear that he is not aware of my existence!”
 
“We all owe a great deal to you, Copy-Cat!” said Robin, “If it wasn't for you, we'd all be pancakes by now!”
 
I nodded in honor, “But I am not the only one…it is also Raven whom you should thank!”
 
“Me?” asked Raven with a confused look.
 
“Yes, without your powers aiding me, I wouldn't have been able to save you all!” answered Copy-Cat.
 
Raven smiled slightly.
 
 
A while later, the Titans were all staring at a gigantic white pillar that seemed to go all the way up to the sky.
 
“Hey…Copy-Cat?” asked Robin, “What's this giant Pillar here in ground for anyway?”
 
“The tower…” said Copy cat. “It just so happens to be My Hideout!”
 
“Dude…you mean to say you actually live in this thing?” asked Beast-Boy.
 
“At the top of it, yes!” said Copy-Cat. “You see…on my planet, there are many towers as this one, which represent a holy land mark!”
 
“It is so incredibly high!” cried Terra.
 
“Your telling me!” said Cyborg, “Even my Telescopic radar can't see the top!”
 
“Yes the tower is very high!” said Copy-Cat, “And not only is it a great landmark…but it also represents a Great Test!”
 
“A Test?” asked Raven, “Just what kind of test is it?”
 
“Wait…I believe I have heard of such a tale before.” Said Star-Fire, “My Kinorfka, Galfore told me the tale when I was very little in age!
“Well spill it Star, what is it?” asked Cyborg.
 
* * *
 
It wasa story that hadbeen passed down through the Universe for many eyonds, but so far, there has not really been anyoneto ever pass the test.
 
Once long ago, one of these Towers were seen on Tameran, Star's home planet.
 
The story went like this…
 
Ifanyone was able to climb to the top of the tower on their own, they would find the tower's noble guardian there to greet them.
 
The Guardian would then hand the climber a cup of cold water, and with just that one sip… the climber's strength will increase dramatically!
 
* * *
 
“Wow… you mean if we climb this tower and drink that Sacred-Water, we'd all get stronger?” asked Terra.
 
“Yes,” said Star-Fire, “But it is only believed to be a legend. My Kinorfka, Galfore tried one time, but he could not make it all the way to the top!”
 
That is true Star-fire!” said Copy-Cat. “You see, even many of my people have attempted to climb the towers of Psycon, but even they cannot make the climb!”
 
“You may all try for it if you wish…however…I must warn you!”
 
“Many other have attempted the climb, but so far, all have failed to reach the top!”
 
“It is a very difficult climb, much like a very big mountain Therefore it could take you several days to reach the top!”
“Many have perished from hunger, or resort to eating insects, but the rest are never heard from again.”
 
“For you see… all have failed because they usual run out of energy before making it to the top!”
 
“Dude… the top is really that far away?” asked Beast-Boy. Copy-cat nodded.
 
“And I am reading your mind as we speak Beast-Boy!” he said, “I'm afraid that you cannot fly up the tower.. Any of you!”
 
“Those who tried to cheat, or are not properly prepared, they do not get a second chance!”
 
“So I guess that means flying is a No-No!” said Beast-Boy in shame.
 
“Not exactly!” said Copy-Cat, “Those who do pass the test by drinking the water are permitted then to revisit the tower at any time.”
 
“But only if you pass the test may you be permitted to take short cuts, but unless that… it must be climbed by hand!”
 
 
“I want to go for it!” said Robin, “I just have to get that water, so my strength will increase so I can beat Slade!”
 
The Titans all stared at him as if he was trying to attempt the unthinkable… which he really was.
 
“Dear Husband!” said Star-Fire, “I shall accompany you on your journey!”
 
“If you're going, then I'm going too!” said Cyborg, “This is going to be an upgrade of a lifetime!”
 
Soon all the Titans agreed to take the test.
 
“If you are all certain about this, then I shall fly up ahead, and meet you all there!”
 
With that, he twirled on his tail, and flew straight up to the top of the tower.
 
“LET THE GUARDIAN KNOW, WE'RE COMING!!!” shouted Beast-Boy, But Copy-Cat was already too high up to hear him.
 
“These Titans, are strong!” he thought, “Perhaps this test will prove if they are the ones that I seek!”
 
* * *
 
The Titan's did a few stretches before deciding it was time to get started climbing.
 
Robin jumped on first, followed by Star-fire, Cyborg, Terra, Beast-Boy, and Raven.
 
Each of them stayed at least three feet away from each other during the climb so not to get in each other's way.
 
About two hours later, the Titans managed to get about 100 feet above the ground, but when Robin looked up ahead… he saw only more of the tower.
 
“Awe…does this thing even have a top?!” he moaned, but regardless of that, he just kept going.
 
* * *
 
It was almost sundown, and the Titans had climbed so high it was hard to see the ground below.
 
But the Titans were all becoming very Weary, and hungry too.
 
“I feel… as bad as a… Zongorf on an table of pins!” cried Star-Fire.
 
“Losing…Health units…must rest!” cried Cyborg.
 
Terra even missed a step and almost fell off the tower, but Beast-Boy caught her before she fell smack on top of Raven.
 
“Terra…remind me not to take you on anymore high place dates!” he moaned.
 
Terra nodded her head, as she was too tired to speak.
 
“Are we there yet?!” moaned Raven, but as everyone looked up, the still couldn't see the top.
 
Even if they had, they couldn't climb any higher, because Robin had fallen asleep while hanging on to the tower.
 
“My poor Husband!” cried Star-Fire, but after that, she fell asleep to, followed by Terra still on Beast-Boy's back.
 
Soon, all the Titan's drifted off to sleep while they still held on to the tower…too tired to let go!