Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Copy-Cat the Seventh Titan (OR) Raven finds love ❯ The Guardian of the Tower! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
 
The Next morning, the Titans awoke to find themselves still holding onto the tower.
 
“Dudes, I'm starting to think like this is impossible!” said Beast-Boy.
 
“I agree.” Said Star-Fire, “I have never before hated the sport of climbing this much!”
 
Robin however saw it differently, “I can't believe you all!” he snapped, “We've come this far, we can make it the rest of the way!”
 
“Yo man, he's right!” said Cyborg, “Remember, if we make it to the top, we'll get strong enough to kick Slade's butt!”
 
Suddenly, the very thought of them beating Slade at his own game gave the Titans a burst of confidence to carry on.
 
“TITANS…GO!!” cried Robin, and they all continued their climb of the soaring tower.
 
* * *
 
About an hour later…
 
“Hey… I can see something!” said Robin.
 
“Please…tell me… it's the top!” cried Beast-Boy.
 
They climbed a little higher, and sure enough, there was no more of the tower left.
 
What they saw appeared to be a gigantic circular stone, sort of like a fancy castle turret, which the tower seemed to go right up into.
 
The top of the tower!
 
 
One by one the Titans climbed up thought one of four huge holes in the bottom of the towers top.
 
“We made it!” said Terra, “I don't think I'll ever climb like that again!”
 
None of the other Titans responded though, they were busy looking around this strange round room.
 
A bathtub in one corner, a four-poster bed in another, a set of shelves and cupboards in another.
 
“Hey look there.” Said Cyborg pointing at three stone pots near a window. “Maybe the Sacred-Water's in here!”
 
All the Titan's gathered around the pot in the center, and Cyborg pulled the lid off the top.
 
There was water Inside, but it seemed to be showing images of the titans themselves.
 
“Hey that's our tower!” said Robin, “And the obstacle course!”
 
“So… what's the deal with it?” asked Raven, but none of the others had a clue.
 
They capped the pot, and look inside the one on the left. Only this time, it showed things that happened before.
 
Cyborg and the Titans-East.
 
Beast-Boy and Terra at the Theme-park.
 
Robin and Star-Fire's wedding on Tameran.
 
And Raven busting Trigon's butt.
 
 
“This is officially starting to creep me out!” said Raven as she placed the lid back on the pot.
 
Now they turned to the pot on the far right, but what they saw in there, was hard to understand.
 
It was them…
 
Chasing some Stranger in a cloak.
 
Fighting with Slade.
 
Also, they saw Star's big Sister, Black-Fire.
 
A huge cat like creature in royal robes.
 
And even Raven… taking somebody's hand in marriage…but who!
 
 
“What the heck is this stuff?” asked Raven, “And why would I be taking someone's hand in marriage?”
 
“I'm not sure it's anything that good!” said Robin.
 
“Have no fear Young-ones.” Said a strange voice “They are merely images of your Past, Your Present, and Your Future!”
 
The Titans all looked around, but no one else seemed to be there. “Where are you?” asked Robin “Who said that?”
 
“I am talking to you!” said the voice, “Why not you all come up and greet me!”
 
Everyone turned and saw a row of stairs leading to the upper floor of the tower. “Maybe we'll find the water up there.” Said Cyborg.
 
Resisting the Urge to think it through, the Titan walked up the stairs and emerged in what seemed to be a miniature Forest.
 
Trees growing out of the stone ground, bushes and rocks laid all over the floor, and a fountain with Elephant statues shooting water from their trunks in the center.
 
The entire floor itself seemed to be surrounded by pillars and fences going all the way around.
 
“Hello…” cried Star-fire, “Is there anyone else up here besides us?”
 
“I am quite impressed by your coming this far, Titans!” said that voice again.
 
“Where are you?” snapped Beast-Boy, “Come out right now!”
 
“But I am here. You are not looking properly!”
 
The Titans turned towards the sides of the tower and saw him, Copy-Cat, wearing a small blue cloak.
 
“Copy-Cat?” asked Terra, “Is that really you?”
 
“If you see me here, then it must be me!” said Cop-Cat, “You all reached the tower quite quickly… well done!”
 
“Copy-Cat, so you're the guardian of this tower, aren't you!” said Robin. Copy-Cat nodded.
 
“This sacred tower in which we stand in was the tallest one built by my people, the Psycons!”
 
“Depending on how great the reward is for making it to the top, would the tower be made even higher!”
 
“This tower however had been constructed a little over 800 of your Earth-years ago, and there have been many guardians before me!”
 
“You see, the guardians may be strong, but they cannot go on forever, and there really is no sense in them to try!”
 
“So the previous guardian of this tower searched for an apprentice, one to carry on his work after he departs to the next life!”
 
“But such an opportunity is only available if by far that one is the strongest of all of those he trained!”
 
“Trained?” asked Robin, “So… this is like some sort of martial-arts training session!”
 
“I guess you could call it that, Robin!” said Copy-Cat, “I did up take this test when I was younger, and I did drink the sacred water!”
 
“IT was one of the many things that made me as strong as I am today, and open my body to amazing things I never thought possible!”
 
“Speaking of the water!” said Raven, “Can you just please tell us where it is so we can get out of here!”
 
“Raven!!” snapped Terra.
 
“Now, Now!” said Copy-Cat, “Raven has a point! Now that you have all reached the top of the tower, that indeed entitles you to my magic water!”
 
“It is right there, in that bottle on the top of the fountain!”
 
Sure enough, there was a small blue, jewel-encrusted bottle on top of the stone Elephants!
 
“Right, I'm going for it!” said Robin.
 
He leaped up onto the fountain, and was about to grab the bottle when he stopped, “Exactly, what will the water taste like?” he asked.
 
“You tell me!” said Copy-Cat.
 
“Fine then, I will!” said Robin.
 
His fingers had nearly touched the bottle, when Copy-Cat leaped right up, and kicked him off the fountain.
 
“Robin!!” cried Star-Fire.
 
“Hey, what did you do that for?” he snapped, “I thought you said we could have the water!”
 
“Yes, I did!” said Copy-Cat, “You can all have some!”
 
This time, Terra went for the bottle, but as she leaped up it grab it, Copy-Cat did to her what he did to Robin.
 
“Yo man… what is this!” snapped Cyborg, “You said we can all have a drink of the water!”
 
“Yes,” said Copy-Cat, “But only on one condition… You will all have to avoid Me!”
 
“I knew there was going to be a catch to this!” cried Raven.
 
Suddenly, Beast-Boy had an Idea, “HEY LOOK THERE!!” he cried.
 
Everyone including Copy-Cat turned, and Beast-Boy leaped for the water only to have his face run into Copy-Cat's foot.
 
“You will have to a little better than that, Beast-Boy!” he said, “I can read minds, remember!”
 
The Titan's realized he had a point. He'd be able to see their moves before they were made.
 
Copy-Cat reached up and grabbed the bottle with his tail. “Here it is, right in front of you!” he chortled.
 
All the Titans charged at him with everything they had…
 
Round the fountain…
 
Through the trees…
 
Over, the rocks…
 
Even Through the bushes…
 
But regardless of how much they tried to grab the bottle, the nimble feline was always one step ahead of them.
 
Even Raven using her powers didn't help at all.
 
 
Soon afterwards, the Titans all seemed pooped. “We give up!” panted Star-Fire, “You are simply too fast for us!”
 
“Now, Star!” panted Robin. “That's not the right attitude!”
 
“Indeed it is not!” said Copy-Cat, “Nether of you will ever get this bottle from unless you think positive, and stop reacting to everything that I do!”
 
At that moment, a heavy rain began to fall outdoors, and thunder shook up the skies!
 
“Giving up already?” asked Copy-Cat, “What a shame, and we had only just begun!”
 
“Hey, Copy-Cat!” puffed Cyborg, “Tell us just one thing, when you were here in this tower, how long did it take you to get the bottle?”
 
Copy-Cat held up three of his fingers.
 
“Dude… it only took you three minutes?” he cried, “No way!”
 
“No way indeed, Beast-Boy!” said Copy-Cat, “It actually took me… Three Years!”
 
“WHAAAAAAT!!!!!!” cried The Titans.
 
If it took him three years to get the water, how long would it take them to get it?