Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Inside Beast Boy ❯ Sakutia; Renagade Virus ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
 
The Titans were marched along for what seemed like a long time. That's when they began to hear faint but clear thumping sounds. They had reached the heart… and it was in bad shape-indeed.
 
It was pulsing so slowly that most of the blood-streams had slowed down and been overcrowded by cells. Even the lungs were barely taking in a lot of air, and the muscle-fibers were hardly functioning properly.
 
“Aw, man! Look at this place…” said Cyborg
 
“I have never seen this much damage in all the history of my existence.” added Copy-Cat. “It is no wonder Beast-Boy is in so much pain.”
 
Suddenly… the germs stopped marching, and got down bowing down to something ahead in the shadow. The Titans narrowed their eyes as they heard the sounds of footsteps coming towards them followed by a wicked snigger, “Hmm, mm, mm…”
 
Then out from the shadows emerged a larger creature just like the other germs. “You… are the strangest creature I have ever seen.” Raven said.
 
The creature sniggered, “Heh, heh, heh… well be careful. I'm contagious too.” he said in a human language.
 
“You speak English?” Starfire asked, “But earth-germs do not have the power of human-speech.”
 
The creature nodded his head, “True… but then again… I am a rare disease. The name is Sakutia.
 
“We know…” Robin said, “You're also trying to kill Beast-Boy!”
 
“Right again…” replied Sakutia. “And I'll bet your wondering why… well allow me to illuminate…”
 
He explained that being a rare and deadly virus, every body he had ever entered was damaged, causing the victim to die, and that he had killed a lot of people, “But the sad fact is… I'm still just nothing… I'm a rare disease… I have no medical record.”
 
Then he went on explaining how he probably would've sealed the deal with Beast-Boy, if it hadn't been for that green-serum. It destroyed all his newly created viruses, and slowed him down badly. It nearly even destroyed him in the process… “Heh, heh, ah, ah, ah…! But now I'm back… and there's no holding me back this time. In just a few hours I'm going to take this guy down… and then I'll spread myself across the city.”
 
“Not if we can help it…! Robin said.
 
This only made Sakutia laugh harder. “Oh yes… that's right. You all are planning to stop me aren't you? Hmm, mm, mm…!”
 
His laughter and the laughter of all the other germs, Robin was getting that look on his face… that look that meant he was going to blow his top. “Sakutia… so me help me…!” he roared. “We see you out of action YET!”
 
Sakutia's guards suddenly had the Titan's surrounded from all sides with their spears poised straight at them. “Don't be a fool…!” Sakutia said, “Nothing can stop me now… least of all a batch of inferior-minds as yourselves.”
 
The Titans were in real trouble now. They couldn't use their sticky-guns, and their powers weren't safe to use in an area of the body that was most vulnerable, and brittle; using their powers there would probably kill Beast-Boy like a snap of the fingers.
 
Next thing they knew… they were all thrown into strange jail-cells Sakutia had created. “Cells within cells… Now I've seen a lot of things.” Raven said in disbelief.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm… you haven't seen anything yet.” Sakutia sniggered “Oh, I could just sit here and watch you all suffer all day… but I have a city to destroy and a record to set.”
 
He warned a couple of his guards to watch over the cells, “Make sure they don't escape… or else!” he warned them as he extended his poison-claws. The germs quivered in fear, but they agreed to their master's terms.
 
That's when Sakutia took his leave, slowly traveling along the way, scraping his claws along the walls causing more damage, but Cyborg wasn't about to let him get away, so he used his computer to quickly scan his bodily-form… this would allow him to track Sakutia's position anywhere in the body.
 
“I believe that it will do us no good… seeing as how we all are locked in prison.” Starfire said. “I regret to say… that I fear we shall die if we are to remain here for too long.”
 
She had a point there. Their oxygen supplies wouldn't last forever, and the compression fields around them would soon destabilize and they would grow back to their normal sizes, killing them and Beast-Boy in the process.
 
“No… we cannot think that way.” Copy-Cat snapped. “We have come this far… we will find a way out of this.”
 
“Copy-Cat's right…” Robin said, “We've been in tougher situations before. This is no different.
 
“Yo'… right on…!” added Cyborg, “But… uh... how're we gonna' get outta' here?”
 
Raven smiled wickedly, “Leave that… to me…” she said. She concentrated her teleporting powers, “Azarath… Metrione…” The guards thought she was trying to break through the cell and they tried to send the warning out…
 
“…ZINTHOS!!” but before they could get anywhere to sending the signal, Raven used her powers to switch her place the guards. Now she was outside and the germs were locked in her cell.
 
“All right Raven…” Robin cheered.
 
“BOO-YAH! That's what I'm talikn' about.” added Cyborg.
 
Starfire jumped for joy, and Copy-Cat winked at his lady-friend. Raven smiled at him, and then she quickly used her powers to set the others free. “All right… let's go!” Robin said, and they all began to head out of the prison area…
 
Raven however stopped for a moment when she heard ht guards still trying to send the warning message, but then she used her powers and wrapped them up in goop from the walls and floors so they couldn't move or make a sound.
 
“Creeps…”
 
Once they had escape, they carefully headed back towards the heart to avoid being seen by the other germs, because before they could track down Sakutia they still had their own mission to deal with.
 
Now that they were all together again, they could assemble the medicine-bomb that Von-Richter had supplied them with. They followed the calculations that Cyber had taken down before they entered the body.
 
“Okay, the bomb has to go right here…” he said pointing to a section of fibers in the walls that were the entrances to the blood-stream so incredibly close to the heart, that when the bomb-exploded… it would spread the vaccine all over all the blood-streams. IT would flood through Beast-Boy's body… killing all the nasty germs in its path, and repair the damages enough for him to recover.
 
The best part was… because it was so close to the heart… where most of the white-blood cells were patrolling to try and fix the damage… there was no way the germs would be bale to get to the bomb in time.
 
Once all the components were combined, and the arming-codes were set, Cyborg activated the automatic-detonator… set at thirty minutes. “There she goes…” he said as the clock began to counting down.
 
30:00… 29:59… 29:58…29:57…
 
Suddenly a warning voice from Cyborg's computer told the Titans, “Warning… compression-field destabilizing process imminent. Compression-field destabilizing-process imminent…!
 
“That is… not a good sign?” Starfire asked.
 
“Darn right it ain't…” Cyborg said, We're gonna start growing back to our normal sizes soon. We gotta' get out of here now!”
 
“But wait…” Copy-Cat interrupted, “What about Sakutia? We must find him first and finish him off.”
 
Cyborg already calculated where he was from the scans he took. “He's headin' straight for the nasal-pockets.” he said “He's trying make break through the nose.”
 
“Right… we have to stop him, and get out through the same way.” Robin said, “TITANS… MOVE!”
 
Raven hesitated for a moment… the very thought of her going up Beast-Boy's nose was just… “Eww... do I have to?” but suddenly Copy-Cat grabbed her arm and pulled her along with the group.
 
The timer was still going… and with Sakutia still out there, and their oxygen supplies and shrink-time running out… the odds were pretty well against the team.
 
25:13… 25:12… 25:11…