Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Some things Never Change ❯ Beast Boy's Casablanca night ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
Copy-Cat shook his head in pity. “You really did felt utterly insignificant.” he said. “I could never have imagined anyone being treated so incredibly mean before.”
 
Beast Boy nodded. “But that was only the beginning… it was about to get even worse.”
 
Back to the story
 
Beast Boy had gone to the café where he and Terra used to go, and eat pie. Now usually he just sat around to enjoy himself carefree. The Café had even recently added some new additions.
 
More seats. Vegetarian dishes… even a new karaoke night, which was tonight, and among some of the band-men was a man named Sam, who was a great pianist.
 
Beast Boy just couldn't get enough of his song playing. His music was so wonderful, that it helped ease his pain of missing Terra, or perked him up when he was blue.
 
But tonight, however… and it had been this way for quite a while. Beast Boy had come into the café to drink his depression away on milkshakes and sodas. He didn't dare to order any apple pi for all the great pain it would bring him.
 
And he had made a request…
 
He told the Manager of the café that as long as he was there… Sam was not to play anything romantic in the slightest, and both the manager, and Sam being two men who understood where Beast Boy was coming from, were obliged to agree to his terms.
 
At least Sam was able to play other songs.
 
The crowd seemed to be enjoying the show on the other side of the Café, while Beast Boy, sipping his sixth milkshake, was sitting in the dark on the far side of the bar… all by himself.
 
Pam, who was still working there gave him another refill. “With all the shakes you drink kid… you might as well put my grand-kids through college.” she said.
 
Beast Boy sighed heavily at the mention of that word. “Please, Pam… whatever you do… don't mention college, school, or anything in that subject to me.” He said sadly, and softly.
 
Just the mention of anything in relation to school… brought on enough memories of Terra, to keep Beast Boy bummed out for at least a week
 
Pam never saw Beast Boy this depressed before, but she didn't bother to ask him because he obviously really didn't seem to want to talk about it. So she just left him alone, but kept on with his refills.
 
Beast Boy was really in misery, and despair…
 
Apart from all the pain from his former life really getting to him… Nobody in town thought highly of him anymore. The Titans didn't appreciate him as much anymore, nor did they even seem to care.
 
But most of all… Terra… having not remembering him… shoving him off, and restraining against him. That put a scar on the heart of every animal he ever changed into.
 
“Why was I even born?” He asked himself. “Or why was I even saved from my Sakutia disease?” He began to horribly think that If had known he would've ended up this miserable, he would've just asked for them to let me die.
 
Somehow… all this depression made him wish he wasn't himself anymore. Not Beast Boy anymore, but in fact… go back to the way he once was.
 
A regular kid, with no problems, no worries… and most importantly. A Second chance to start over… “Hmm… yeah right, no chance that's going to happen.”
 
He could hear Sam still playing part of a sad song on the other side of the café, and he just couldn't hold it in.
 
(Beast Boy)
 
I wish I had a coat of silk, the color of the sky.
I wish I had a lady fair, and then a butterfly
I wish I had a house of stone that looked down on the sea
But most of all I wish that I was someone else than me.
 
He would've sang the rest of the song… but then thought, why should he if none of it was true with him, but he wasn't the only one singing it.
 
(Sam)
 
Now I don't have a coat of silk, but still I have the sky.
Now I don't have a lady, but there goes a butterfly
Now I don't have a house of stone, but I can see the sea
And most of all I know that I am happy to be me.
 
I'm happy to be me.
 
Beast Boy did think the song was nice, but it was no wonder he didn't feel like singing the words themselves. He really wasn't to be himself, and besides, no one really heard him while he was singing anyway.
 
He sighed and sipped his now, 12th milkshake. “There's no way I'm ever going to make things better.” He said to himself.
 
“But, there is.” said a deep voice beside him.
 
Beast Boy turned around, and saw another depressed guy sitting right next to him. Dressed in rags, pale skin, and he looked like he was drinking a bit, but he still was pretty much sober.
 
“There is a way you can do everything you just said.” the man replied.
 
Beast Boy wasn't sure if this guy even knew what he was talking about. Until the man said. “You must go to the old castle laboratory on Gotham mountain where you will meet a Dr. Nobel Von-Richter (Rick-ter)”
 
“He can help you.”
 
Beast Boy knew exactly who this Dr. Von-Richter was. He was a very ingenious man always trying to make exciting new discoveries, and invent new wild things to revolutionize the world.
 
He was also… the very person who saved his life! The very man who cured him from his Sakutia disease… the single being in the world that made him what he was that day. We're it not for this scientist, Beast Boy would never have existed.
 
“You can do it kid!” the man cried out. “Just head to the mountain… see Von-Richter… CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!”
 
But Pam thought this guy had had way too much to drink, so she ordered some of the cooks to escort him out… by hard means.
 
“It's not too late my friend!!” the man called as he was dragged out. “You can find happiness… YOU CAN!!!”
 
Then he was tossed out the door.
 
While at the same time… in walked three school girls, and two strong boys. It was Terra, and her two friends from school, Jillian, and Jackie.
 
(Well, we don't really know their names, so we'll just play it at best)
 
The two strong boys were also high-school students, who were taking the girls out for a bite to eat… and even impress them.
 
They sat themselves down at a table, and the boys went off to get some drinks.
 
“You okay, Terra.” asked Jill, but Terra didn't respond.
 
“Yo! Earth to Terra.”
 
Terra finally snapped too. “Oh, sorry guys.” she said.
 
“Dang, what's the matter with you.” asked Jackie.
 
Terra couldn't shake off this feeling that this Café was bringing back something in her memory. Something… from long ago, but she couldn't quite make it out.
 
As a waiter passed Terra asked. “Excuse me… could ask the piano play over there to come over here please?”
 
“Yes, of course.”
 
Sam was also allowed to move towards customers who really wanted to hear his music, and he knew Terra and her friends pretty well. “Hello, Sam.”
 
“Hello Terra…. Hello Jackie… Hello Jillian.” Sam said. “I haven't seen you girls in here for a while now.”
 
“Sure has been a long time.” said Terra.
 
“Oh, yes… a lot of water under the bridge.” replied Sam. “So what'll it be tonight girls?”
 
The girls agreed that Terra got the first choice in song picking, and she really didn't know why she chose what she chose. “Play it Sam…” she said. “Play… As Time Goes By.”
 
Sam suddenly hit a couple of flat notes at the sound of that request. “Oh. Uh… well, I'm sorry, but… I can't play that.”
 
The girls we're most confused. “Why, can't you remember it?” asked Jill.
 
“Oh, I remember it well… it's just well… We've had this request, and we--”
 
“Hey come on man… just play it for us.” said Jackie. “Come on, just once.”
 
Sam sighed heavily, knowing fully well what could happen, “Why do I have a feeling I'm going to regret this.” He muttered, and he began to play the song, but there was one other thing.
 
“Come on, Sam.” Said Terra. “Please sing the words.”
 
Sam nodded and restarted.
 
(The REAL Casablanca song)
 
(Sam)
 
-You must remember this
A kiss is just a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh.
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by.
 
-And when two lovers woo
They still say, "I love you."
On that you can rely
No matter what the future brings
As time goes by.
 
Terra didn't know why, but when she heard that song, or anything that sounded like it. It brought back memories… memories of that Green boy who stalked her around claiming to know her from afar.
 
-Moonlight and love song
Never out of date.
Hearts full of passion
Jealousy and hate.
Woman needs man
And man must have his mate
That no one can deny.
 
-It's still the same old story
A fight for love and glory
A case of do or die.
The world will always welcome lovers
As time goes by.
 
Oh yes, the world will always welcome lovers
As time goes by.
 
That guy was in a way to her, kind of cute, and in a small sense she did sometimes think she probably did know him from somewhere
 
But it was all over… as long as she held onto that 10 yard restraining order, he wouldn't ever go near her again.
 
Or so she was about to find out.
 
 
-Moonlight and love song
Never out of date.
Hearts full of passion
Jealousy and hate.
Woman needs man
And man must have his mate
That no one can deny.
 
Beast Boy who had his face buried in his arms… ears began to twitch when he heard the sound of Sam playing a romantic song. His face curled into a huge scowl as he got up from his seat.
 
Sam was in for it now.
 
-It's still the same old story
A fight for love and glory
A case of do or die.
The world will always welcome lovers
As time goes by.
 
Oh yes, the world will always welcome lovers
As time goes by.
 
Beast Boy angrily walked towards Sam. The girls looked up. “What's that guy doing here?!” hey they muttered to each other.
 
Beast Boy reached them and Sam stopped. “Sam, I thought I told you never to play anything--” he stopped when he noticed… She was there.
 
Sam saw this as his cue to leave.
 
Jackie and Jillian got up. “What the heck are you doing here?” asked Jackie.
 
“I should be asking you all the same question.” Beast Boy said, but knowing he couldn't stay there because he was within ten 10 yards of Terra, he went back to the dark corners which was just far enough.
 
Terra never thought Beast Boy was there at all, and that look in his eyes when he saw her. That look of pure anger, and misery.
 
“Terra.” said Jill. “Let's do something about that kid once and for all.”
 
Terra didn't think so. He was obeying the order, and neither of them knew he was actually in there. “It's not all his fault I came in here.” She said. “I'm going to let him go this time.”
 
The other girls were most shocked. “What are you talking about?” asked Jackie. “This is our chance to get that guy to quit following you.”
 
Terra still refused to call to police.
 
“What's going on here.” asked the boys when they got back. Jackie and Jillian got an idea, and was really awful.
 
Terra somehow didn't like where this was going to go. “Hey, what are you guys going to do?”
 
 
Beast Boy sat in his dark corner with all his empty milkshake cups, which by now totaled more than twenty. “This night just keeps getting worse and worse.” he said. “Of all the places in all the towns in all the countries in all the world… she had to come here.”
 
“What next?”
 
Then suddenly he was grabbed by his shirt-collar by one of the two boys. “H'ya doing pal?” and then… WHAAM!! Beast Boy got punched across the face and he skidded across the floor.
 
The whole café looked over in shock, and Terra was horrified. “Hey!!” she cried. “What are you guys--” then she caught Jackie and Jillian laughing. She couldn't believe, her own friends?
 
Beast Boy shook his head. “Dudes! What's your problem?!” he roared.
 
The other boy put his foot hard on his chest. “Nothing personal.” He said. “But we were asked to do this, so we're going to beat the stuffing out of you!”
 
BOOT!! He went across the floor again.
 
“Guys… cut it out! Leave him alone!” cried Terra.
 
But the boys didn't stop.
 
Most of the customers had already fled from the café, while to staff called the police, but Beast Boy was just getting pummeled and thrashed about.
 
“This'll teach you to obey your restraining order.”
 
SOCK!!
 
“And here's for telling us what music we can't hear!”
 
BAM!!
 
Jackie and Jill (Hey that kind of rings) Were enjoying watch Beast Boy get beat up, but Terra knew he didn't deserve it. Sure she hated Beat Boy for Stalking her, but she knew he'd never hurt her.
 
After another hit… Beast Boy had taken enough. “Okay, dudes! That does it!!” he growled.
 
Later on
 
The police had arrived just in time to see the two boys being thrashed about by a Green Ape. “Get the tranquilizer!”
 
They fired a row of darts into Beast Boy, and the tranquilizers knocked him out cold, and when Beast Boy woke up… he was in jail.
 
“Awe… dude.” He moaned as he got up. “My head is killing me.”
 
Then he could see clearly again, and he saw the Titans all standing on the other side of his cell. All of them looking very annoyed with him. “Uh, oh!” I think I'm in for it now.” he muttered.
 
They bailed Beast Boy out, but were still giving him that look. “What?!” he growled.
 
“Beast Boy… We're very, very disappointed in you.” Robin said.
 
“Yo, man… what were you thinking of beating those boys up?” added Cyborg.
 
They did all know that Beast Boy didn't start the fight, and was merely the victim of the fight, but he was also arrested because Jackie and Jillian had told the police that Beast Boy had violated his restraining order.
 
As an additional punishment, the Restraining order was moved up to 50 yards. “Now I can't even occupy the same building as Terra.”
 
“Friend.” said Starfire. “You must stop this fantasizing that Terra is of this world.”
 
Raven nodded. “We haven't seen here, and it's probably not her anyways. But you have to get a grip.”
 
Beast Boy had taken about all this guff enough.
 
As they left the police station “Come on… let's go home.” said Robin.
 
Beast Boy began walking the other way.
 
“Beast Boy?” snapped Robin. “You're going the wrong way.”
 
He turned around and looked at all the titans Fiercely. “No!” he said. “Going the wrong way is back with you guys!”
 
For one single moment the Titan actual held their mouths open. “But, Friend…” Starfire tried to say, but he just brushed her off.
 
“Don't call me that!” he growled. “What kind of friends are you anyways? You don't care about me! You don't appreciate me… and just now, you proved my point that you don't want me around.”
 
“So you know what!” he grabbed his communicator and shoved it hard into Robin. “I'M THROUGH WITH YOU DUDES!! GOODBYE!!”
 
He turned and began running up the street. “Beast Boy?! WAIT?!” cried Robin. “Don't go.”
 
Starfire had tears in her eyes. Cyborg hung his head low, and Raven… well… she was confused. “O-kay… that didn't go well.”
 
No it didn't… the Teen Titans had just lost a recruit, and a friend… and worst of all, they didn't know why.