Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Some things Never Change ❯ You must help me. ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOUR
 
The next morning…
 
The Titans were all gathered at the table for breakfast, except Beast Boy, who hadn't come back last night at all. “I guess the kid's really left us this time.” said Cyborg.
 
“Tell me what I don't know.” said Raven.
 
All of them still couldn't understand it. Why was Beast Boy so angry last night. “Why would he think we don't appreciate him?” Robin said. “Or that he's not wanted around here?”
 
“You know…” replied Cyborg. “Yesterday, he did say to me something about not feeling important.” he paused for a moment. “When I… kicked him out of the hanger.”
 
Raven hung her head down a bit. “I guess… I was a little cranky too, when I forced him out of the lounge.”
 
The Titans suddenly began to fit it all together. “I told him I didn't want his help in the evidence room.” said Robin.
 
“And I had insisted that he leave during Silkie's cleansing in the room of the bath.” added Starfire.
 
Now the Titans all had lost their appetites. “Poor, Beast Boy.” Robin said. “No wonder he doesn't think we care about him anymore.”
 
Cyborg nodded. “Poor little man just wanted to help out, and we cut him deep. Real deep.”
 
What they all were wondering now was, Where Beast Boy was, and what was he up to.
 
 
Beast Boy had spent the night in a cold dark alley, and he helped himself to whatever discarded foods he could find lying around, or in the garbage.
 
He didn't bother to go look for a new job, because he had enough pain in his life already. Besides… nobody ever showed him any respect or gave a chance before because he was Green… why would they start now.
 
Nobody loved him.
 
Nobody appreciated him for his good deeds in the past.
 
He had no Family… he just lost all his friends whom didn't seem to care about him, and his home at the Tower. Now to make things worse… his restraining order on Terra had been increased to 50 yards.
 
Boy, for a Green-Guy, he sure was one Blue-Boy.
 
“What am I going to do now?” he asked himself. He couldn't just stay out there like this, but he didn't really have anywhere else to go either.
 
Then suddenly, he remembered what that guy at the café told him. “You must see Von-Richter, on the mountain… he can help you.”
 
Beast Boy thought it over, and what else did he have left to lose, other than his life. So he changed into a bird and flew off towards the mountains.
 
Meanwhile, at the Tower
 
The Titans really didn't know what to do. Beast Boy was really pissed at them, and it didn't look he was going to be able to cool off this time.
 
He had told everyone his story before, of how he became what he was that day. His life being filled with nothing but suffering and despair.
 
“Robin…. What are we to do about our friend?” asked Starfire.
 
For the first time, Robin felt absolutely stumped. Winning a battle was easy to him compared to this case. “I've never seen anyone this angry before.”
 
“Yo, even Raven never gets this mad.”
 
Raven's lips curled to a growl.
 
“Well, no offense.”
 
“Why don't we just go out and look for him instead.” she said. “We can work something out with him, and try to put this behind us.”
 
Everyone couldn't believe Raven just said that. Usually she was all “Whatever.” or “Big deal.” When it came to Beast Boy, but actually… Raven did appreciate him a little, he was always there for her even when she didn't want him to help.
 
H always helped her, and she usually growled at him or even slapped his face. She owed him more than he owed her.
 
“All right… Let's go.” said Robin, and they all headed off.
 
Meanwhile
 
Beast Boy had already made it to Gotham Mountain.
 
It sure was a dark and miserable looking place. Like most strange scientists, Dr. Von-Richter lived in one of those mysterious castle on mountain tops with thunder and lightning all around it.
 
The Lighting was much to dangerous for Beast Boy to continue his flight. So he changed into a mountain goat and began to leap his way up the mountain.
 
“Man… the alps sure have nothing on these mountains for climbing.” he thought to himself. “I just hope Von-Richter will still remember me and be willing to help me.”
 
Meanwhile
 
The Titans were all in the T-car not having much luck searching for Beast Boy.
 
Since he gave up his communicator the only way to try and find him was through Cyborg's electronic-scanner, and Raven's spiritual sensing. The problem was they couldn't pick up anything.
 
“Something's wrong.” said Cyborg. “Wherever he is, something's blocking his signal. I can't track him down.”
 
“How about you?” he asked Raven.
 
Raven shook her head. “I can't sense him anywhere.” she said.
 
Because Beast Boy was too far away on the mountain, and walking through a storm cloud. The distance and surge of the lightning made it hard for Raven to get through, and the lighting was interfering with Cyborg's scanners.
 
Starfire had an idea. “Friends… perhaps we could all split apart and go searching for Beast Boy by ourselves?”
 
“And just how long do you think that would take?” Raven asked annoyingly.
 
“Raven has a point, Star.” said Robin. “Beast Boy could be anywhere in the whole city. We can't just go off and waste time looking for him that much.”
 
Starfire knew he was right. “I just wish to know if our Friend is all right.”
 
Meanwhile
 
It took quite some time, even a mountain goat can get tired from hopping up the mountain so much… but he finally reached the top.
 
He hopped up to the top, and he changed back to his regular state. He sure looked pretty beat, and he was panting quite heavily. “Dude…” he panted, “What, a climb.”
 
He looked on ahead… and there was the castle. It looked pretty old and decrepit. It looked even scarier with all the lightning flashing around.. “Well… I'm here.” He said shakily.
 
He walked up nervously to the door, and found it was already open, so… he decided best to just walk into the dark foyer… which was almost to dark to see clearly.
 
“Hello?” Beast Boy called out. “Hello?” his voiced echoed along the walls.
 
Suddenly a huge swarm of bats came right at him. He shrieked in fear and fussed about trying to shoo the bats off, and they flew out the door.
 
Beast Boy sighed heavily in relief, but then he could hear footsteps coming towards him. “Who darez to intrude on my zolitude!” shouted a man with a very unusual accent.
 
He began thrashing about as he scrambled his way towards Beast Boy. “Get out! GET OUT!!” he growled as he neared the cowering young boy, but then he stopped and smiled… “Garfield?” he asked. “Iz it you, my boy?”
 
Beast Boy opened his eyes, and then couldn't believe them. “Dr. Von-Richter?” he asked. “Is it really you?”
 
It was him all right… the very man who made Beast Boy what he was, and who saved his life as a boy. He hadn't seen Beast Boy for a very long time, yet in a way because they had such a close bond they felt like a father and son.
 
Von-Richter brought Beast Boy up to his main lab and living quarters. He fixed himself some tea, and he did have some said for Beast Boy.
 
“I am very zorry to `ave zcraed you like zat, my boy.” He said. “But I have been feeling qvite lonely up `ere.”
 
He told Beast Boy of how after he had saved him from his Sakutia disease, he had gone into complete seclusion. He too was a lonely man who never had much joy and happiness in his life.
 
Too buried in his research to have time to go out there and try at life, and by the time he grew ready, he was already old and seemingly unattractive.
 
Having given up all his hope of ever finding happiness with another. He traveled around the world, setting up lab somewhere else where he could be alone to work on his inventions.
 
But he really never expected to run into Beast Boy again… a lot of water had passed under the bridge since they last met. (that means “it's been a long time”)
 
“Tell me, my boy… vat bringz you `ere?”
 
Beast Boy sighed heavily and told him about the man he had met last night, and told him to seek him out for help.
 
“Vell… vat iz it zat you vant?” he asked as he sipped his tea.
 
Beast Boy twiddled his soda can for a bit, and then he let it out. “I want…” he said. “… I don't want to be like this anymore.”
 
Von-Richter swallowed his tea a little too quickly and choked a bit. “You… you… vat?” he asked.
 
Beat Boy nodded. He didn't want to be who he was anymore. Not a green boy with the power to change into animals, but to become a normal boy, with a fresh start at life… one that he never had.
 
“But vhy vould you vant zuch a zing, my little Garfield?” asked Von-Richter.
 
Beast Boy got up and walked over to the window looking down at the whole town below. “You don't know what it like to have been me.” he said.
 
(Music cue, Sung to the tune… “YOU MUST LOVE ME”)
 
(Beast Boy)
 
-Where did I go wrong to get here?
This isn't where I intended to be
I could've had it all, but now don't you see
None of that will ever be true (Well, not like this)
 
-Things I love continue to disappear
Without these things I'll never survive
All I want to do, to keep my hopes alive
Is to start over, fresh and new.

-Deep in my heart I'm concealing
Things that I'm longing to say
The only thing I'm feeling
Is that I want it all to go away

You must help me
Please, help me
 
(As the song plays, we see flashbacks of Beast Boy's former, tragic life. The Titans being mean to him. Him being with Terra and losing her, and many, many more)

-I feel as though I'm dead deep inside
I just don't feel alive now
I just want one last chance and I know how
Things will change

-Deep in my heart I'm concealing
Things that I'm longing to say
The only thing I'm feeling
Is that I want it all to go away
 
You must help me
Please, help me
 
You must help me
 
A tear rolled down Beast Boy's cheek.
 
Von-Richter felt so awful for him, he got up and out a comforting arm on the troubled boy's shoulder. “Pleaze don't cry my little von.” He said. “If you really feel zo lonely and mizerable… I vill `elp you.”
 
Back to the Present Day
 
Beast Boy was really struggling hard not to cry. That was one of the saddest moments of his entire story. Copy Cat even had a tear to shed himself… he too had once felt lonely and filled with despair before he met the Titans.
 
(Refer to my First Teen Titan story)
 
“Beast Boy…” Copy-Cat said. “If you wish to stop I can adjourn to my bedroom, and leave you to gather your thoughts.”
 
Beast Boy shook his head. “No… no, no… it's alright.” he said. “I can keep going. I just knew you'd understand at least.”
 
Copy-Cat nodded. “Indeed, I can…”
 
He got up to look up into the nighttime sky. “I continuously remember all of the events that have occurred in my lifetime.” he replied.
 
“Having to live without my mother in my life. Never knowing the joys of companionship. Having to remain locked up in my sacred tower to guard the magic water, and wait for almost no one who could make it to the top.”
 
 
Copy-Cat hung his head low. “Despite the fact that, I have found what I have been longing for. Being apart of the Titans… having found deep feelings for Raven… becoming a hero whom many now look upon…”
 
“I still can feel lonesome.”
 
Copy-Cat did have a point. Being on Earth was nice, but he did miss his home planet very much, and thought of his father, the King… and all the other people he had left behind.
 
Flashback
 
Copy-Cat
 
-The happiness of being me
is not what it's cracked up to be.
It's lonely, being ONE… of a kind.
 
-With all the known variety,
the gifts that life gave to me
It's lonely being ONE… of a kind.
 
(Fast forward Flash)
 
-I wish… to be… like everyone I see.
Not special; just an ordinary guy
Who falls in love and leads the simple life.
At least… I wish to have a chance to try.
 
-The happiness of being me
is not what it's cracked up to be.
It's lonely, being ONE… of a kind.
 
It's lonely… being--
ONE…
…Of a kind.
 
End of Flashback
 
Copy-Cat nodded. “It is very important that other people know how you feel. It may very well be the only way to find help.”
 
Beast Boy smiled.
 
“So… will you continue with your tale, or shall I adjourn back to bed in any case?” Copy-Cat joked.
 
Beast Boy chuckled. “Okay, okay.”