Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Some things Never Change ❯ Bye Bye Beast Boy ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
Von-Richter lead Beast Boy to a special control chamber in his room where a very large Machine and a load of control consoles were.
 
Von-Richter called this machine, the BIGRAT…which stood for Body, Intelligence, Genes Rearranging Auto Transformer.
 
(It's too difficult, and long to explain and understand. So we'll just say it's the machine from the Gerry Anderson Supermarionation series, JOE 90)
 
Von-Richter spent twenty years of his life working on it, and it was built with some of the part from old machines he had, included the ones that injected the Monkey-Serum into Beast Boy.
 
What it was programmed to do, was alter the DNA of whoever sat in the center of the large spinning cage. By ejecting some of their DNA and injecting different, required DNA in it's place their form and shape would change, and give them a whole new look.
 
For example… If Beast Boy sat in it, the machine would eject the green serum from his body. No, this would not kill him as he was cured from his Sakutia disease years back.
 
This would change Beast Boys body back to the way it once was, before he was green. He would be a regular boy again, and he wouldn't have to worry about ever being rejected or treated meanly again.
 
“Dude… what are we waiting for then.” Beast Boy said early, but Von-Richter had to discourage him.
 
“Not zo vast!” he said. “You do not understand… I `ave only tezted it a vew timez, on plants und animalz. I am really not zertian it iz ready to experiment on `uman creaturez yet.”
 
This didn't discourage Beast Boy in the slightest. This was his one ticket out of his unbearable life. He could be normal again, and no one would pick on him anymore. “Dude… I said I want to try it, and that's that.” he said. “The sooner I change, the better.”
 
Von-Richter agreed then, at least he'd know for sure what would happen if Beast Boy was tested on. However, the Experiment had to be delayed until late that night. There was much he had to do.
 
In addition to actually preparing the machine, he also planned to help give Beast Boy the life he always wanted, and that of what he needed.
 
So he told Beast Boy everything, and he could also go out and enjoy himself while he worked, he wanted to save him everything as a surprise.
 
All that day, Von-Richter sat in the castle making phone-calls and filling out papers and stuff to the city. He was planning to give Beast Boy what he had lost and what he hopped to gain.
 
Von-Righter had an old apartment in the city that he still paid rent for. He was thinking of calling off the services as he didn't use it much anymore, but instead...
 
He would continue to pay for it, refurnish it and give it to Beast Boy as his own place.
 
He also made sure that Beast boy was given a proper education, so he planned to enroll him in the High-School… Unaware it was the same one where Terra attended.
 
Beast Boy never really went to school in his life, mainly because no one excepted him due to his green complex, so he was merely tutored, and as laid-back and slacked as Beast Boy usually liked to be, he did always think about giving school a chance.
 
Von-Richter would do anything to help Beast Boy, after all, him being like a father to him, and all fathers cared for their sons.
 
(Music cue)
 
(Von-Richter)
(In a plain voice)
 
-If I could save Time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day
'Til Eternity passes away
Just to help out poor you
 
-If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them helping you
 
-But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I need to get
Through time with
 
-If I had a box just for wishes
And dreams that had never come true
The box would be empty
Except for the memory
Of how they were answered by you
 
-But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I need to get
Through time with
 
If I… could save time… in a bottle.
 
Meanwhile
 
The other Titans were sitting in the lounge really feeling rather grim.
 
“We have searched for our Friend, on and on… and now the day has completely gone.” cried Starfire.
 
Robin felt the lowest of them all. “I shouldn't have yelled at him.” he said. “I should've given him time to cool off first.”
 
“Yo man… it wasn't all your fault.” said Cyborg.
 
“He's right.” added Raven. “We all are to blame for this.”
 
As true as that was… nobody cheered up in the slightest. Beast Boy was gone, and it didn't look as though he wanted to come back. This wasn't just one of those things that healed over time.
 
Beast Boy had been trying to heal himself for years, and years, and not only did they open all his wounds, they threw salt in them.
 
If only they could just find him, and make it up to him.
 
Suddenly, the lights began flickering in the tower, and across the city. “Okay… and this is supposed to be normal?” asked Raven.
 
Robin checked the computers. “Strange… something's generating so much electrical energy that it's causing a few hiccups in the power lines.” he said.
 
“Hiccups?” asked Starfire. “I thought it not possible for power lines to get the gas.”
 
The others sweat dropped in sigh. “No, Star… it means whatever's out there using that much power is shorting out the smaller power lines in the city.”
 
“Can you figure out where it's coming from?” asked Cyborg.
 
Robin found it, it was coming from u on the mountain. “Whatever's using that much electricity can't be good.” He said. “TITANS MOVE!!”
 
… And off they went.
 
Meanwhile
 
The Electrical energy was actually coming from Von-Richter's castle. He needed this energy if the BIGRAT was to work effectively.
 
“Yes… YES!!” he chuckled with glee. “My beautiful creation iz coming to life.”
 
The machine was all powered up and ready to go, now all that was needed was the subject. “Are you ready, my boy?” Von-Richter asked. “Remember, you can change back venever you vant.”
 
Beast Boy, with no clothes except for underwear, took in a huge breath. “Okay… I'm ready.” he said as he climbed into the chair, and Von-Richter got him hooked up.
 
Strapping his arms down into the chair-arms, and then placed a band hook with wires around his head.
 
“All right now… zis may zting a little.”
 
He poked a couple of needles into his arms, connecting him from the machine to his body. Allowing the new DNA to be injected and the discarded DNA ejected.
 
Plus give Beast Boy some anesthetic to num the pain.
 
 
(It's one of those… hurry before it's too late swaps in scenery)
 
The Titans had followed the source of the signal which lead them up to the mountain. “Look! All the electricity is coming from this castle!” said Robin.
 
“Man… whoever's doing it must be up to something pretty big.” said Cyborg.
 
“We've got to stop whatever's going on in there… TITANS, MOVE!!”
 
 
Beast Boy was seated in his chair, and the chair was being lifted on an electronic-arm and placed in the center of the spherical cage.
 
 
“Hurry!! Hurry!!” cried Robin as they bounded up the stairs.
 
 
The cage close trapped Beast Boy, now asleep, inside, and Von-Richter pulled the switch. The lighting began to gather up and the machine started up.
 
“YES… YES!! IT'S VORKING!!” he chuckled hysterically.
 
Suddenly… “BOOM!” the door to the lab was blown down by Cyborg's Sonic-Cannon.
 
“Uh?!, vat are you all doing `ere.” He asked angrily.
 
Robin looked him fiercely in the eyes. “We should ask you the same--” he stopped when he heard the sounds of the machine powering-up up, and strange music was heard.
 
(The Joe 90 theme)
 
The spherical cage began to spin round, and around. Faster and Faster, and more humming and beeping sounds were heard as the music started.
 
“BEAST BOY!!!” cried Robin.
 
All the other Titans gasped in horror, but Beast Boy was knocked out from the anesthetic to hear them or see them.
 
While at the same time, the Machine began pumping green-fluids through his arm and into a flask, and the other side was injecting the DNA he required.
 
Then, like magic… Beast Boy's skin color was beginning to change. From Green, to Fleshly colored, and his hair was turning dark brown, his fangs were vanishing, his ears went round, and his face looked much different that it did before.
 
Cyborg grabbed Von-Richter by the collar. “Yo man… stop this crazy thing, NOW!!” he roared.
 
“B-b-but… I cant!” cried Von-Richter. “Once it's activated, it can't be shut down. Y-y-you could kill `im!” He looked over his shoulder, and saw Starfire handling some of the control panels. “VAIT… VHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!”
 
Starfire hit numerous buttons and switches. “Friend, I will get you out of this menacing machine.” she cried, but suddenly, as the music continued to play and Beast Boy continued to transform.
 
Starfire sent way to many signals, that the Machine began spinning faster and began SPARLKING, and the wires around Beast Boy's head began going crazy!!
 
“NO!!” cried Von-Richter. “LOOK VHAT YOU'VE DONE… ZEE MACHINE IS OVERLOADING!!”
 
“QUICK… SHUT IT OFF… SHUT IT DOWN!!” cried Robin.
 
Von-Richter fiddled with controls and also kept an eye on Beats Boy's medical condition. His Brainwaves were going crazy, and the machine was starting to throw him into a small seizure.
 
But finally, the music song was finished, and the machine gently whirled to a halt. It was smoking very badly, and Beast Boy, now completely transformed into a regular boy slipped off the chair and out of his wires, he didn't move or make a sound.
 
Von-Richter leapt down and scooped the young boy in his arms. “Qvickly…” he said. “Ve must get `im into the rezt area at vonce. `e may need medical care.”
 
No sooner had they got him and the flask with Beast Boy's Power-Serum, did the machine have a big blow-out. “Ohh… the `umanity.” cried Von-Richter.