Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Some things Never Change ❯ Garfield Logan ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
The young boy sat in bed, and slowly opened his eyes. “Are you alright?” Von-Richter asked.
 
The young boy held his forehead. “Ow, man… did someone hit me over the head with a dump-truck, or what?” he asked all groggily.
 
The Titans saw that he was up, and Von-Richter told them. “Vell, `e zeemz to be physically okay. I zink zat `e is going to be alright.”
 
“Well… that's good to hear.” said Robin.
 
Starfire flew over and hugged the young boy. “Oh, friend, I am relieved to hear that you are not injured.” she cried, but the young boy wretched out of her grip and began inching away from her, as if he was afraid.
 
“Who… Who are you?” he asked as he looked upon her strange form. “More importantly… what are you?”
 
Starfire and the Titans looked concerned. “Friend… do you not recognize me. It is I, Starfire.”
 
The young boy raised an eyebrow. “Star… fire?” he asked. “That's a strange name.” he gazed at her form again. “Especially… for a chick who has green eyes, and red dots on her head and can… levitate?”
 
The other titans approached him, and he looked them over too. “O-kay… something is really strange here.”
 
Robin stepped forward. “Beast Boy… it's us, the Teen Titans. Don't you remember us?” he asked.
 
The young boy scratched his head. “Teen Titans?” he asked. “What is that supposed to be… some sort of Football team?”
 
Raven removed her hood. “That isn't funny Beast Boy, now stop joking around.” she said.
 
“Beast Boy?” the boy asked. “Who's that?”
 
The Titans were really beginning to worry. “Friend… you have truly forgotten who you are?” asked Starfire.
 
The boy laughed at that. “Of course I haven't forgotten who I am.” he said. “I'm Garfield Logan.”
 
In the next room, Von-Richter and Cyborg inspected Garfield's brainwaves, and apparently when the machine overloaded it zapped at his memory. He now had no memory.
 
He didn't seem to remember anything about the Titans or anything about his former life as a Titan, and that's not all that had happened. “Juzt look at zis intelligence reading.” He said to himself.
 
Later on
 
The sun rose up and Von-Richter made Garfield and the Titans some breakfast. Garfield still was a vegetarian, though he couldn't remember why, and as he sniffed his hot food. “Ahh… the odor and high quality sensation of intellectual nourishment.” he said.
 
The other Titans looked as though they didn't understand a word he just said. “Uh… whatever.” Raven said.
 
They huddled close. “Did anyone just understand a word he said?” Raven asked quietly.
 
“Remember what Von-Richter said.” said Robin. “The machine didn't only blank out some of Beast Boy's memories, but it also gave his IQ a boost.”
 
“Yeah… an amazing 170 boost to be exact.” said Cyborg.
 
Later on, back at the tower
 
The Titans couldn't possibly think of anything so disastrous before… well expect for Trigon's curse. Beast Boy didn't remember anything anymore, and they couldn't just drag him back to the tower.
 
Besides… without his Green DNA, he couldn't morph anymore, and there fore wouldn't be too helpful to have on the team, and the only way he could change back was by the machine.
 
Sadly… the Machine was very badly damaged from the blow-out, and Von-Richter estimated it was going to take him many months to repair. That is, if he was able to work round the clock without breaking so much.
 
“What ever shall we do now?” asked Starfire. “Our friend requires aid that only we can provide. He must remember that we are his friends and he belongs with us.”
 
Robin shook his head. “It's no good Star.” he said. “We can't just go up to him and try to force him to remember all that.”
 
“Man's got a point.” said Cyborg. “We might even end up making things only worse for the little guy.”
 
“Besides… we still have to look out for the city.” said Raven. “We can't just ignore a crime happening just to help on person.”
 
Just then… the alarms sounded. Robin check the computers. “It's Gizmo, Mammoth, and Jinx.” he said. “Their snatching the pirate's treasure from the museum.”
 
“Yo , man… that Treasure's worth big bucks.” added Cyborg.”
 
“Exactly.” replied Robin. “Which is why we have to stop them. TITANS MOVE!”
 
“But what of, Beast Boy?” asked Starfire.
 
“We can't worry about him now.” replied Robin.
 
and so, they were off.
 
Meanwhile
 
Von-Richter had given Garfield the keys to his new apartment, and sent him off.
 
After meeting his new landlords who explained everything to him, that his apartment was ready, furnished, and he had new clothes to wear. Not to mention Von-Richter had the rent taken care of, and the provisions… it was time for him to settle in.
 
Garfield's apartment was on the 5th and top floor, in a building over looking a quiet neighborhood in the city, with a nice park and duck lake over looking the view in the back.
 
He opened the door, and looked around his new home. “Well, I guess this is it.” he said. “Home sweet home… or nearly home sweet home.”
 
All the furniture and things were still covered with white sheets. Garfield checked everywhere and began pulling off the sheets and opening the windows. “Let's see… what have we got.”
 
(Music cue)
 
(Garfield)
 
-In every simple home, there is no doubt.
There are some things they cannot do without.
Even if the plumbing's not interior,
And the roof, and walls are painfully inferior.
With rich, and poor, with comfort or with smug.
Here's the things that make this homestead snug.
 
A chest of drawers…Some call it chevalier.
Is something every homeowner hold dear.
A carpet, sofa, plant all in their place.
Will put a smile upon a happy face.
And when he needs to throw out every care.
He's going to need a real strong comfy chair.
 
And then some more…and a cozy bed so fair.
A far delight this habit of content.
And he'll forget that he's still paying rent.
What pictures add to honor decency?
 
“Why of course here's one of a staggered baize.”
“And a stormy sea.”
 
It's just the place to make a young boy sneer.
But… Ultra-new… I'm going to like it here.
 
He had pretty much everything he would need.
 
A living room, complete with a sofa, armchair, TV… and naturally, all the usual refinements. Same with the kitchen, and bedroom too. He even had a small closet and a storage room.
 
Von-Richter sure made good on his word that he would help him. He even bought Garfield brand new outfits, and even got his new school uniform ready, and all the things he'd need for school tomorrow.
 
He had earlier gone for late entrance, but he did pass with more than flying colors. Once his IQ was determined to be rather impressive… he was promised to begin, in Grade-12.
 
He couldn't wait to get started, but for now, he had to spend time getting ready. Including studying anything that he could so he wouldn't be too far behind from his classmates.
 
Still, he couldn't get over this funny feeling about those… those strange people. “Teen Titans? Yeah, right?” he muttered. “Since when would a kid like me be involved in a bunch of multi-functioning activities involving bravery, and heroism.”
 
Meanwhile
 
Jinx, Gizmo, and Mammoth were still busy gathering up the treasure. “Would you look at all this loot.” Mammoth said as he tossed the gold dab looms around.
 
Gizmo was carefully loading up some of the priceless jewels. “This stuff has got to be worth millions. Maybe even billions.”
 
Jinx was trying on the necklaces and crowns “Glamorize, lovely… What am I going to buy first?” she giggled.
 
Just then, the wall smashed open, and the Titans stormed in. “How about a one-way ticket to prison.” snarled Robin. “Now put that treasure down!”
 
“In your dreams!” snarled Mammoth.
 
Jinx and Gizmo looked around, and only saw four Titans. “Hey, where's your animal chump?” asked Gizmo. “Is he too… chicken… to come? Heh, heh, heh!”
 
Cyborg looked as though he was going to blow a circuit. “Don't you talk about him like that!!!” and he fired his cannon at the troublesome trio, but they dodged, and the battle began.
 
Cyborg stared Gizmo down. “Don't you go insulting, BB like that again!” he growled as he aimed his cannon at the little brat.. only to have Mammoth come up from behind, pick him up, and toss him.
 
“Forget about him… and worry about yourself Metal-man!” and they engaged in a huge wrestle.
 
Jinx started Raven and Starfire down. “Two for the price of one… I'll have to find a sale like that.” she mocked. “After I deal with YOU-TWO!!” and she blasted at them with her magic.
 
“Azarath… Meterione… ZINTHOS!!” Raven quickly countered the magic wave with her own power, giving Starfire the chance to rush in for attack.
 
She began firing her Star-bolts, but Jinx just dodged them all and successfully gave her a good sock in the face. Robin saw her fall. “Starfire… I com-- OW!!” he got knocked out of the way by Gizmo's machine-legs.
 
“Wrong… your not coming. You're going… down that is!”
 
The Titans really tried their hardest, but without Beast Boy there to help, they proved to be no match for the trio now. If one of the trio was distracted, another member could be their to tip the match into their favor.
 
Suddenly, the police were closing in. “The cops.” Cried Mammoth. “Let's get out of here!”
 
The trio all ran, actually leaving all the bits of treasure behind. At least the treasure was still secure, but the Titans were absolutely steamed.
 
Cybrog was still pounding the table that night back at the tower. “I can't believe we let them get away!” he roared. “They played us like toys!”
 
“Enough!” growled Raven. “So we let them get away, it's not the first time it's happened.”
 
“Raven's got a point.” said Robin. “We just weren't prepared to fight without Beast Boy yet, and it'll take some time to get used to.”
 
“Please… I do not wish to complain, but I do not wish to get used to the fact that we no longer have Beast Boy's assistance.” said Starfire. “I wish to have him returned to us.”
 
But she knew of course she couldn't get what she was asking for. Beast Boy didn't remember anything about the Titans, or himself at that matter.
 
Even if he had he didn't his powers anymore. So he wouldn't really be much help on the team now, at least not until Von-Richter repaired the machine, but even though he was working on it that moment, it would take many months as he said.
 
Robin had suggested they just let go of Beast Boy, for the moment. They had to give him some alone, as well as train themselves to fight without him.
 
Still… they really were starting to wonder that if they hadn't been so mean to Beast Boy, would he have stayed, and still be with them?
 
Outside of the story
 
Beast Boy shook his head. “So they finally began realizing how much I meant to the team, but as usual… they found that out too late.” he said. “I was gone, and they had to deal with it.”
 
Copy-Cat didn't rightly know who to feel sorry for., but it didn't matter to him. “So… on the upcoming day… it was your very first, ever, day of school? Was ii not?”
 
Beast Boy nodded. “I never went to school before, but I heard much about what goes on… but one thing I didn't expect was what awaited me in there… or should I say…”
 
“…whom!”