Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Some things Never Change ❯ First Kiss ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
 
That night, the Titians had actually been up fro quite a while trying to work out exactly what Starfire saw. She claimed that she had actually seen Manimal with a girl that looked just like Terra, and even sounded like her too.
 
The Titans went back to where Terra's statue was supposed to be, and found that it was gone, just like Beast boy had said a long time ago. This did mean that it was possible for Terra to still be out there somewhere…
 
…but not enough evidence to prove if it was really her that Starfire saw.
 
All they were able to obtain was a tiny little thread of blonde-hair left over from the time before Terra turned herself to stone.
 
“Well… my scanners match the hair with Terra's DNA.” said Cyborg. “But I can't tell if it's the same hair as that girl you saw with Manimal.”
 
Starfire shook her head in despair. “Please… tell me… might there be some way to determine what we wish to know about the girl?” she asked.
 
There was one way, but it wasn't going to be easy. They would have to get a thread of the girl's hair and then compare it to the thread of hair they had, and match it with Terra's DNA… only then would they have their answers.
 
“In the meantime… we have to watch over the city in case of another attack.” said Raven. She was referring to Gizmo, Jinx, and Mammoth, and their animal stampede.
 
Robin had a sneaky suspicion of what happened, so he call Von-Richter that night, and their fears were answered.
 
Von-Richter had reported that has was nearing the final phases of repairing the machine, but it was still going to take about a month or so… however… even if he had gotten it fixed, he was robbed.
 
The terrible trio had infiltrated his lab, and forced him to hand over the green serum that was once Beast Boy's DNA; which contained all his animal forms.
 
As a result, now even when the machine would be ready, Beast Boy wouldn't be able to change back without his DNA.
 
Worse than that, the terrible had the DNA, and they were using it to threaten the people of the city, and they were only barley able to help everyone that day, even with Manimal's help.
 
“We still don't even know who the guy is.” said Cyborg.
 
“We will eventually.” said Robin, “For now we better concentrate on what's most important… and that's figuring out if that girl's really Terra.”
 
The Next Day
 
School was back in session, and now, it was getting close to April, which meant it would be time for the Springtime Dance soon, but still. No had any ideas of where to hold it.
 
Only, Terra seemed to be a little lost in her own mind, thinking about how incredible the Manimal was in saving her. She was thinking of it so much, that it distracted her from her open book Exam a bit and she got a tad-bit off her usual mark.
 
She still passed though.
 
When it came time for the music club, she and Garfield met up, but Jackie and Jillian called and said they'd be late coming.
 
Garfield noticed Terra was miles away in her own thoughts…
 
When he got her attention, she told him she was thinking not only about Manimal, but also those weird thoughts that kept flashing by through her head.
 
“I've been feeling kind of funny to.” he said, and he told her about him having were visions too, but he didn't know what they were about either.
 
Jackie and Jillian, who had bandages on their heads from where the stones hit them, and they were found coming up with new stories ideas for the paper.
 
“Manimal Makes Mania.” Jackie said.
 
“The Manimal's animal's attack.” said Jillian. “What do you guys think?”
 
Garfield and Terra couldn't believe this. “You guys… Manimal wasn't attacking the city.” Garfield said, being careful not to blow his cover. “He was just trying to help the Teen Titans out.”
 
Terra nodded. “That guy saved my life, and both of yours.” she said. “Besides, the animals were also attacking him… that must prove to you something.”
 
Jackie and Jillian nodded. “You're right, it does.” Said Jackie. “It proves we were right all along.”
 
“Yep.” added Jillian. “Manimal was just using those crooks, and those animals to get attention so the city could try and see him as a hero again.”
 
Garfield and Terra were really starting to get agitated. Worse than that, Jackie and Jillian refused to play Garfield's newest song.
 
“Rebel Girl?!” Jackie asked.
 
“Why, what's wrong with it?” Garfield asked. “It's got the kind of rock music you wanted.”
 
“But that's it.” said Jillian.
 
Garfield and Terra could tell that they were just looking for lame excuses when they knew that the only reason they didn't want to play it, was because Garfield wrote it, and what if he got all the attention.
 
Once again, they were just trying to be popular and not giving a care about anything else.
 
“We're not doing this and that's that!” snapped Jackie and she threw the music sheets into the garbage.
 
“Hey!” cried Garfield. He dove after his sheets, but sadly, they had leftover paints drizzled all over them. “My music.”
 
Terra had a look of blue-Murder on her face as she stared at Jackie and Jillian unable to believe how cruel they had just been.
 
He grasped the remains of his ruined sheets, and ran angrily out of the room. “Garfield, wait!!” cried Terra, but he was already gone.
 
“Terra, don't bother.” Jackie said.
 
“Don't bother?!” cried Terra. “Don't you guys feel the least bit ashamed. He worked really hard on that song, and I even liked it.”
 
Jackie and Jillian couldn't understand why Terra was defending him. “Look, we're better off without him.” said Jackie. “As far as I care, he didn't even belong here in the first place.”
 
The more rude comments the girls made, the more Terra's anger boiled inside her.
 
“We don't need him coming in here, giving us music he wrote, or questioning us about Manimal.” Jillian said. “That geek.”
 
Finally, they had both gone two far, as Terra's anger was so intense, that she narrowed her eyes at the ground beneath their feet… and suddenly…
 
POW!!
 
The floor, and some rocks burst up everywhere like a geyser, knocking Jackie and Jillian off their feet and getting all filthy and dusty in the mess. Terra suddenly winced…. Was it only a coincidence, or did SHE really make that happen.
 
(It's her powers, they're coming back)
 
“Pah!! Aww, my shoes are ruined!” whined Jackie.
 
“You think you got it tough?” snapped Jillian. “It's going to take truckloads of hairspray to fix me up.”
 
Terra really didn't know how all this happened, but she saw it as her chance to run off to find Garfield.
 
Later on
 
She found Garfield… he was sitting by the pond with his ruined music sheets in front the building where he lived, and was feeding the ducks.
 
She walked up to him “Garfield? You okay?”
 
Garfield turned around. “Yeah… I'll be okay.” he said softly.
 
Terra sat down beside him and joined him in his feeding the ducks. She actually found it quite comforting. “This sure is relaxing.” she said.
 
Garfield nodded. “I come here and do this every night.”
 
“Alone?”
 
Garfield nodded. “I just don't know why it is… but people always seem to have some problem with me.” he said. He looked over at his reflection on the water. He sighed, and three a bread crumb at it causing the ducks to cover it up.
 
“It just seems that no matter how hard I try, I just can't get on anyone's good side.” he replied. “Why does the world have to hate me so much?”
 
Terra wasn't so sure how to answer that… after all… people had been pretty rough on her too. Like Jackie and Jillian… always trying to force her to do things they like, to believe in what they believe… in hopes that people would recognize her.
 
“Sometimes… people just don't care about others.” she said.
 
Garfield turned to face her.
 
“They just prefer to think what's best for them and not for others… and that those who are different, are too different to even deserve a chance.”
 
They both got up and walked a little ways back to the building. “Terra…” Garfield said. “I don't know too much of trying to changing things, but… one thing I do know is… you and I think alike.”
 
Terra knew he had a point there.
 
They both preferred to do things there own ways, they never jumped to silly conclusions without any real facts, or evidence… and they always tried to stay cool, even at times when they got mad enough to want to knock someone out cold.
 
Terra smiled. “It sure is nice to know there's someone I can trust.” she said.
 
Garfield smiled. “You an I… we're going to make it.” he said.
 
(Music cue)
 
(the way Stewie Griffin does it)
 
(Garfield)
 
We've packed our bags last night pre-flight
Zero hour nine a.m.
(Terra)
 
And we're gonna be high as a kite by then
we want to get there so much, and we will
 
(Garfield and Terra)
 
It's lonely out here
It's such an endless fight
 
(Garfield)
 
And we know it's gonna be a long, long time
Till the day brings us round again to find
(Terra)
 
We won't be the ones they think we are at home
Oh no
, no, no we're a rocket team
(Both)
 
Rocket Team burning out their fuse out here alone
 
(Visions of them studying hard, and earning what they long for)
 
 
(Garfield)
 
School ain't the only place to raise your kids
In fact it
can be cold as hell
(Terra)
 
And there's no one there to raise them if you did
And all this science we
don't understand
(both)
 
It's just my job five days a week
A rocket
team, a rocket team
 
The song ended… and suddenly it began to rain. “Awe no… I didn't see the change in weather.” Terra said. “I better get home before it really pours.”
 
“Shall I walk you home?” Garfield offered.
 
“No thanks… I can make it.” Terra said, and she began to jog off. “See you tomorrow.”
 
Garfield kept on watching her as she ran off, not caring at all the he was getting wet. “Terra's not like anyone else I've ever met.” he thought. “Then why am I always thinking about or… or worry about her?”
 
His thoughts were interrupted when he saw Terra being chased up the wet streets by a group of punks, and they looked like nothing but bad news.
 
He quickly leapt up to his apartment to… change outfits.
 
 
Terra ran as fast as she could go, but the punks caught up to her. “Go away!” she cried. “Leave me alone!”
 
“Heh, heh… we love' em fiery!” one of the boys snickered.
 
Terra really got scared… so scared that when she shut her eyes really tight, she caused the payment below the boy's feet to bash him, just like in the music room with Jackie and Jillian.
 
“I did it again… but how?” she thought to herself.
 
The boys got up and were really steamed. “Okay girlie… we tried to be nice. NOW YOU'RE GONNA GET IT!!” they roared as they clenched their fists, ad poised them at her face.
 
Terra screamed, and then suddenly…
 
BAM!! Manimal swung in on his line and bashed the boys away from her like bowling pins. “Now that's what I call a perfect strike.” he joked.
 
Terra smiled… and she watched him beat up the thugs.
 
During the struggle, his helmet was knocked off and his face was revealed, but sadly… it was too dark and Rainy for Terra to make out his face at all.
 
Finally… the boys were all knocked out cold. Manimal quickly dashed into a dark alley. “No… Wait!” Terra cried as she followed into the alley, but to find he was gone.
 
She looked around then Manimal, with his helmet recovered. He dropped his cape, the let him catalogue himself into the darkness like a Lizard, and caught her by surprise.
 
“My, my… you sure have a nag for getting in trouble.”
 
Terra giggled. “And you have a real nag for saving my life.” she said. “I think I have yet another Superhero stalking me.”
 
“Nah. I was just in the neighborhood.”
 
Terra found herself staring directly at his dark visor which hid his eyes. “You are…” she paused. “…Incredible.”
 
Manimal felt touched. “Some people don't think so.”
 
“But you are.” replied Terra. “… at least to me.”
 
“Sure is nice to know there's someone I can trust.”
 
Terra felt so touched by the way he used her own words with her, she just had to ask him. “Can I please “thank you” this time?”
 
Manimal paused for a brief, really brief moment. Should he do it, or not? That was what he asked himself, and then he decided. “Okay.” he said, “It'll be our little secret.”
 
Terra smiled and she raised her hand to pull of his helmet. “Wait.” Manimal said quickly. “I'll do it.”
 
He gently raised his hand up to his helmet and brought it up high enough so that only his lips and nose were visible… he still had to keep his identity secret.
 
Then he gently took Terra into his arms, and Terra softly placed her lips over his in a soft and warm embrace.
 
As they just stood there, embracing each other in the rain… For some reason, when their lips touch, more faded memories flashed by n both their heads.
 
They both could see two figures at an amusement park… on a ferries wheel, and about to make lip contact.
 
But it faded quickly… and then, Manimal replaced his helmet, and took off into the night on his grappling lines. “YEE-HAA!!”
 
Terra, all soaked from the rain just kept staring up at the dark sky with a smile of deep feelings on her face.
 
Outside the story
 
Copy-Cat smiled. “Your first kiss with Terra…” he said. “And yet she never knew it was you.”
 
Beast Boy blushed and shook his head. “Nope, that's just the way it was.” he said. “I knew then and there I was falling for her… but little did I realize, that my feelings were about to cause me…”
 
“…Even more trouble!”