Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Some things Never Change ❯ A Change of Heart ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry if the plot seems to go a little towards Spider-Man, but it's necessary to make plots and things work out.
 
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
 
The day of the festival… School was closed, and most workers had the day off.
 
The town square was just bustling with events, and fun for everyone.
 
Food stands with low prices. Stores having sales and street displays. Floats and big balloons hanging in the air, and lots of things going on in the streets.
 
A lot of the people were hanging around the huge podium where some rock stars were doing some of their best performances, and a lot of little kids were on the other side of the streets in the fun zone.
 
Balloons, Bouncers, Cakes, Juice… all the things a little kid could enjoy.
 
All this was to honor the Teen Titans who had two years since that very day, had defeated the evil Trigon and saved the world from total chaos and nightmares.
 
Some of the great merchandise featured the Titans faces on them, and some of the foods were even shaped like the titans.
 
Cyborg dishes… Raven-Popsicles… Robin Dolls, and even Starfire Balloons… and yes, there was pretty nest Beast Boy stuff, but nobody quite understood where he was.
 
The other four Titans had arrived. Still… they almost seemed to have taken no notice and overlook it. This made the titans really feel guilty as it reminded them of one of the reasons Beast Boy left…
 
…Because he didn't feel appreciated, or loved!
 
Starfire kept gazing at a picture of all five of the Titans as they used to be and that brought back memories… memories of all the times Beast Boy tried to be funny… how he entrusted Starfire with Silkie… all that stuff.
 
Robin put a comforting hand on her shoulder. “Don't worry Star… we'll figure out something… somehow.” he said to her.
 
He spoke with Von-Richter the other night and he said that the machine repairs were already more than halfway complete, but it was still going to take another couple of months.
 
Most of the parts for the machine were very rare and hard to track down, so he had to repair the ones he had himself… and that was anything but easy.
 
All the others needed to be ordered and shipped off from foreign countries which would also take up more time. It was a very difficult job, but not impossible…
 
The only thing that had Robin puzzled was… “When I spoke to him, Von-Richter sounded all worried and concerned about something bad.”
 
Whatever this worry was… the Titans stayed on their strongest alert. For now… they were too busy enjoying the festivities… even Raven who just sat in the dark alleys reading.
 
…Typical Raven.
 
 
Jackie and Jillian were taking Terra out on a shopping spree. Terra wasn't really much of a shopper, or a party-girl, but a little fun here and now never hurt her.
 
The girls were in a clothing store buying all the coolest T-shirts of the Teen Titans. Jackie ad Jillian didn't mind the Teen Titans, but that still didn't stop them from badmouthing the Manimal.
 
Jackie and Jillian each bought some new Starfire and Raven halters, with Robin, and Cyborg T-Shirts, but they didn't even touch the Beats Boy stuff at all.
 
“Hey, Terra, look at this, it's that weirdo who used to stalk you.” said Jackie.
 
Terra took one look at a Beast Boy shirt and then at each other Titian's merchandise and her head went crazy again…
 
Her flashbacks of the Titans, herself, and Beast Boy, were becoming more and more clearer… but still not enough.
 
“Yo… Earth to Terra.” Jillian called.
 
Terra snapped out of her trance, but her eyes never left the Beast Boy T-Shirt. She never wanted to admit it, but she was actually becoming quite concerned of the little green guy.
 
He hadn't been seen with the other Titans for months, and no one knew where he had gone. Well of course, Garfield looked an awful lot like Beast Boy, but it was proven that he couldn't have been him.
 
Still… Terra felt most confused. “Every time I see Beast Boy, I keep seeing these weird images.” she thought to herself. “But why is this happening?”
 
She didn't know why she was going to do what she did next, but she took the Beast Boy T-Shirt, much to Jackie and Jillian's confusion, and she went into the fitting rooms to try it on.
 
“Terra?”
 
“Girl, you can't be serious.”
 
Terra was serious, she wanted to actually try on the shirt and maybe even take it. She stared at herself in the mirror, and the shirt actually looked good on her.
 
The whiteness of the shirt with Beast Boy's picture on it. She sighed softly, “What's wrong with me?” she asked herself. “Why am I acting so strangely these days?”
 
And while she thought about it, a weird song played in her head as if it was trying to tell her something about Beast Boy.
 
(Music cue)
 
All at once you feel like doin' cartwheels
There's someone you're always dreamin' of
Your heart is set aflame,
And you'll never be the same
Once you find first love, first love
 
First Love (First Love) makes you feel ten miles high
(First Love) First Love is a highway in the sky
It's nothing you could plan for,
Nothing you could have rehearsed
It happens all in an instant
Your first, first love (first love, first love)
 
What is it about him
You just can't live without him
First Love (First Love) makes you feel ten miles high
(First Love) First Love is a highway in the sky
It's nothing you could plan for,
Nothing you could have rehearsed
It happens all in an instant
Your first,
first love (First love)
Your first, first love (First love)
 
Terra heard a knock at the fitting-room door, causing her to snap out of her trance and realize that she had been hogging the room for a while now.
 
After she had gotten out, she decided to pay for her new Shirt, and she didn't even bother to take it off either, making Jackie and Jillian feel even more confused.
 
 
The girls decided to catch some lunch while the foods came fresh off the grills. Jackie and Jillian were already eating on the fifth, and top floor of a look out point, and Terra had just finished building up her tray of food.
 
When she suddenly turned around and bumped into someone and their trays went down hard. Terra looked up and realized she had bumped into Garfield. “Sorry Garfield. I didn't see you there.”
 
“Nah… it's my fault.” Garfield said. Then his eyes fell upon the Beast Boy shit she was wearing… and his mind went nuts too… flashing him memories that were coming into picture, but still not clear enough for him to make out.
 
(A few more shocks and maybe they'll both come too)
 
He helped Terra clean up as much of the mess as they could, and then he actually paid fore more lunch for them both.
 
“Terra, I thought you didn't like that, Beast Boy guy.” Garfield asked. “The way I saw it, you always saw him a big bother.”
 
Terra wasn't sure if she could answer that. She was just as confused as he was. “Maybe I'm just having a change of mind.” she said. “I mean… I haven't seen him in a long time, and he has been obeying his restraining order.”
 
Still… she didn't know what was coming over here. She just needed some time to think about it… alone. “I got to get back. Jackie and Jillian are waiting.” and then she left.
 
Garfield didn't know why she hung out with Jackie and Jillian. Those two seemed to be nothing but trouble. “Oh, Terra.” he mumbled to himself, almost not believing he was that worried about her.
 
“Could I be…” he thought. “Nah… she and I would never work out. Not in this or any other life time.”
 
…Or so he thought.
 
 
Terra got back to the fifth floor and joined her friends. “Hey, what took you so long?” asked Jackie.
 
“We were starting to think that maybe you were attacked by that, Manimal creep.” added Jillian.
 
Terra really wished they would stop doing that. “What is it going to take you two to realize Manimal's not a criminal?” she thought.
 
Down below, Garfield could see them from his table, and he knew whatever the girls were saying, it probably wasn't nice.
 
Suddenly… he began to feel his feet rumbling softly. Then it began to grow. “Whoa! What's happening?” he asked himself.
 
Soon the whole city began to feel the quake as it got louder and harder. The Titans all regrouped. “Cyborg, can you scan for what it is?” asked Robin.
 
“I'm on it.” answered Cyborg. He checked his scanners and read the motion waves of the rumbling, and it all added to just one thing. “Run!!” he cried to everyone. “It's a… STAMPEDE!!!”
 
Everyone began to run amuck in panic just as… IT BEGAN!!
 
A whole swarm of animals began running all over the streets, and crushing everything in their paths. Even the sides of the buildings got damaged a bit.
 
The Titans could see that these were no ordinary animals. They were Green Animals. The exact same Green Animals that Beast Boy always changed into.
 
They didn't know how this happened, but then they saw who was behind the stampede. “Gizmo! Jinx! Mammoth too!”
 
The terrible trio had escaped from jail, and now seemed to be in possession of all of Beast Boy's animals which they were able to summon from inside a tiny flask and then recall them at will.
 
“What say Teen Tykes!” mocked Jinx. “How do you like our new toys?”
 
The Titans growled, and then the trio released more animals and ordered them to attack the Titans so they could do some damage to the city festival.
 
“TITANS MOVE!!” cried Robin and they rushed into battle.
 
As the Titans dealt with the animals, the trio went around attacking other things. Mammoth picked up a police card and hurled over on a pile of tables and stands making a real big mess.
 
While Gizmo headed straight for the building where Terra and her friends were. “Hungry? Heh, heh, heh… here's a treat!!” and he threw a bomb straight into the building.
 
“No!!” Garfield cried.
 
BOOM!!
 
The building began rocking about, and rocks began to fall everywhere. Terra screamed as she fell off her feet and found herself stranded on a breaking fragment of the balcony over a huge drop down to the streets below.
 
“Oh, My… GUYS HELP ME!!” she screamed.
 
“TERRA!!” cried the girls.
 
The Titan's, far too distracted to notice, and no one could get close enough to help her, Garfield ran into a dark alley and changed outfits.
 
“Terra… hang on!” cried Jackie, but she was knocked out cold by a falling rock.. “Jackie!!” cried Jillian and then she was knocked out too.
 
The Titans were also not faring very well either. Robin got kicked by a Bull… Cyborg got hugged by a Bear, an don't a friendly one at that. While Starfire and Raven got tail bashed by a Brontosauruses tail.
 
“They are too strong!” cried Starfire.
 
“We need help!” added Cyborg.
 
Terra looked over her shoulder and there was Jinx. “Hi, there!” she hissed. Terra screamed when Jinx powered up her dark-waves.
 
“Look!” cried a young boy. “It's Manimal!”
 
Manimal came swinging in on his swinging-lines, and his feet collided right into Jinx sending her crashing down below. Too bad she survived the fall.
 
Then he leapt down into the streets below to help the Titans. “Get everyone out of here! he said. “I can handle this by myself.”
 
The Titans decided to trust him, and then began helping everyone escape.
 
Suddenly, the animals disappeared, and Gizmo dropped down. “You may have beaten us once… but that won't happen again.” he snapped.
 
Manimal was suddenly surrounded by all three members of the trio. “Give it up punk! We got you beat this time.” growled Mammoth, but Manimal wasn't finished yet. What they had strength, he had in wit.
 
So he leapt up high onto the floats, but suddenly he heard Terra scream from way behind him. “TERRA!!” he cried.
 
“HELP!! GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!”
 
He decided it best to forget about the trio and save her first, before she fell over. So he leapt from float to float and nearly made it to her when he was attacked by a Green Pterodactyl and slammed hard into the window.
 
“No!!” Terra cried.
 
The trio laughed, and they leapt over to finish the job.
 
“Azarath, Metrione… ZINTHOS!!” Raven snatched them with her Dark Magic and caused them to fall.
 
“You're not going anywhere!” growled Robin. “TITANS… GO!!”
 
Jinx and Mammoth stayed below and released more animals to help them in the fight, while Gizmo retreated back to the building to make sure Manimal was finished off.
 
He stopped at the cracking Balcony and began to shake it vigorously. “No! Stop! Stop it!!” cried Terra, but her screams and cries only made Gizmo go harder.
 
Suddenly… KAPOW!!
 
The pterodactyl was punched clean through the window and slammed right into Gizmo. “Ow! Get off me you overgrown Turkey!!” he growled.
 
Manimal looked down at Terra. “Hold on!” he called.
 
Gizmo called the Pterodactyl back into the jar he released it from, and he was really looking steamed now. “Okay, Buddy… Get ready for the big guns!!” he growled as he shifted his Spider-legs to full power.
 
He was about to press FIRE… when Manimal used his ink-gun to spray Gizmo's Goggles with black ink, blinding him long enough for Manimal to use his bull hors and… BOOT!!
 
Gizmo's Machine was going Haywire. “Guys! Let's get out of here!” he cried. Jinx and Mammoth nodded in agreement as they recalled their animals and they all rode away on the back of the Pterodactyl.
“WE'LL MEET AGAIN, TITANS!!” Jinx screamed. “YOU TOO… MANIMAL!!”
 
Well, that took care of them, but no sooner had they left, did Terra slip off and began plunging down below. “TERRA!!”
 
He leapt down after her, and caught her just before she hit the hard ground, then he launched his swinging lines and began to swing off with the girl on his back.
 
The crowd began cheering. The day was saved again, and this time, it was thanks to the Titans and Manimal. However, Robin asked Starfire to follow Manimal.
 
“That girl he's carrying looks awful familiar.” he thought to himself.
 
Manimal swung through the city with Terra on his back, unbeknownst tot hem that Starfire was watching them from behind and she saw them land on the rooftop of the building where Terra lived.
 
Terra hopped down and smiled. “Wow… what a ride.” she giggled.
 
“Well… sure beats taking the subway.” Manimal joked.
 
Satrfire could see the girls face clearly now, and couldn't believe her eyes. “I must tell Robin.” she cried and she flew off.
 
Manimal began to run off.
 
“Wait.” Terra cried. He stopped and looked deeply into her eyes.
 
“Who are you?” she asked.
 
“You know who I am.”
 
“I-- I do?”
 
“I'm Manimal… and whenever you need me, I won't be far.” Then he leapt off the edge of the building and began swinging his way through town.
 
Terra couldn't stop looking at him until he was out of sight. “What a guy.” she muttered.