Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Some things Never Change ❯ Haunt you everyday ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
 
The next day, the entire tow was still in deep shame that Manimal had quit, at least the news reporters were kind enough not to post up his identity as Garfield Logan, so as not to cause more calamity, but it didn't change much.
 
Garfield just went back to his being all alone, and feeling unappreciated. Even his earning straight-A's at school didn't perk him up.
 
If anything it should've… seeing as how he almost had enough good grades to graduate in just one year too.
 
Jackie and Jillian stopped picking on him, and so did everyone else, but even still he wasn't feeling to great. He was just lost in his own thoughts.
 
“Being myself didn't work…. Being a Superhero didn't work…” He sighed heavily as he walked down the streets to work after school. “I guess I just wasn't meant for happiness.”
 
Meanwhile, at Titan's tower
 
The Titans were just as ashamed of everyone else in town. Only they were even more upset to find out that it was Beast Boy that they were fighting all along, and now because of the way things went… he had abandoned the hero's life again!
 
“I feel ever so bad for our friend.” said Starfire. “He had not the deserving of such a cruel and unnecessary punishment.”
 
Raven actually agreed with her. “But it's not all our fault.” she said. “We were set up by those creeps.”
 
“Besides… he was the one who jumped in the way to protect that girl from the blast.”
 
Robin and Cyborg came into the lounge.
 
They had been running tests on the girl from Cyborg's scanning, and from the thread of the girl's hair they found from where she fell on the bridge.
 
“It's her all right.” he said. He showed them all his test results…
 
The Hair they had found was exactly the same as Terra's hair exactly.
 
Cyborg compared a picture of both girls he snapped with his Red-Eye Camera. The Results came out. “Same Human.”
 
And in addition to all that evidence, they all had caught a glimpse of her using Terra's old powers of moving rock, and Earth. So it was final… that girl really was Terra.
 
“But what would happen that would cause her to lose her memory?” Robin wondered.
 
None of them knew if it was certain, but it may have had something to do when Tirgon was destroyed.
 
Raven's pure magic, and mixed in with Trigon's dark power to restore the Earth to normal must've done it. It must've released her from her stony prison… but even still, that didn't explain how she lost her memory.
 
“Whatever it is… she seems to have regained her powers.” said Robin. “It might be able to help her, but for now, we better not try and interfere.”
 
Robin had a bit a point. Just like Beast Boy's Amnesia, they had to let them work it out themselves. Any strong enforcement on them could end up damaging their brains forever.
 
Even with all that, they had other things to worry about.
 
The also just received word that Jinx, Gizmo, and Mammoth got out of jail again. “Someone's let those three out, and I'll bet I know who.” said Cyborg.
 
The Titans nodded, as they had a good feeling of who was behind all this.
 
Meanwhile
 
Back in their hideout… the trio were brought before Slade himself.
 
“Slade, believe us, it wasn't our fault.” Jinx said softly, but to all their surprises, Slade was pleased with what had happened.
 
“You have all presented me with a singular opportunity.” he hissed.
 
The trio was confused, until Slade revealed his newest plan to crush the Titans for good. “Thos poor pitiful Titans… they are in for quite the surprise.”
 
Meanwhileat the mall
 
A light Thunderstorm had broken out, it was slightly dark in the mall, and the lighting made things no better for some of the shoppers who were down in the dumps.
 
…Like Terra.
 
She was hanging out at the mall, all by herself. She also was having a pretty bad day.
 
The kids at school were scared of her, and her powers. This made her feel isolated, and crushed again. She was also still upset that Garfield had quit being a hero, and after he worked so hard to try and earn the cities respect.
 
But something else really tore her up inside…
 
Earlier
 
She decided to come forth, and ask her Grandmother why she had this power, and why did she feel as though she knew this and was keeping it from her all along.
 
And to her surprise, and shock… her Grandmother decided to come clean.
 
“My child… I am very sorry, but…” she paused and summoned up all her courage. “I am not your Grandmother.”
 
Terra had almost forgotten how to breathe, and could feel her heart breaking inside her chest.
 
The old lady told her why she did what she did:
 
Her husband died shortly after they had gotten married, and the never had any children, she was never able to bring herself to love another, and had been alone for many, many years.
 
One year ago, when that awful Trigon monster was beaten, the old lady had been set free, but from where she had awakened from being turned to stone… she found Terra lying unconscious near the destruction of a cave.
 
(Only she didn't see the pedestal her statute stood on)
 
So she took the poor girl home, and nursed her back to health, but the girl who seemed to have no home, no family, and also no memory of her former life… the old lady did the next best thing.
 
She raised Terra as her own Grandchild, and cared for her ever since, even though it was all a lie.
 
(End of Flashback)
 
Terra now knew that much… but she still didn't remember the titans or anything. (One more big shock ought to do it)
 
She looked inside her bag, at Garfield's broken battle helmet, and that hurt her even more. “I wish there was something I could do for him.” she said to herself.
 
Garfield wasn't like other people she'd met. Sure, he worried about her at times, and as Manimal, he saved her life over, and over again. He also never did anything bad to people who didn't deserve any harsh punishment.
 
Not even to Jackie and Jillian, who were responsible for his whole quitting thing.
 
Terra didn't want to admit it out loud, but she kept it to herself that she was starting to actually like Garfield… and maybe, even more than just a friend.
 
Suddenly, she looked up from where she was sitting and could see a lot of cameramen up ahead with all their equipment. Then she remembered that Garfield and the TV crew were performing an episode of Mysterious Theater live from the mall.
 
Garfield really looked like he was in the gloomy mood, and in his episode, he and his crew were filming around all the gloomy people in the mall who wrote in to be on the episode.
 
All through it, their short gloomy stories, and almost all of them were teens who's girlfriend, or boyfriend just dumped them. A couple of them even got dumped and were fired from heir jobs. All of it, one big unhappy mode of despair.
 
(Music cue)
 
(This song is also a BB and TERRA AMVI found)
 
-I don't feel the joy
I don't feel the pain
You were just a toy
I am just insane
 
Walking on my own
Leaving you behind
You were crying out
That you need to speak your mind

Ohhh
So alone in love
So alone in love
I'm going to haunt you everyday
Haunt you everyday
 
-I am gonna kill
When I need a thrill
Eating at t
he heart
until I've had my fill
 
When will stupid learn?
Fire
's gonna burn
Think of consequence
Then you move when it your tur
n
 
Ohhh
So alone in love
So alone in love
I'm going to haunt you everyday
Haunt you everyday
 
(Guitar Solo)
 
Walking on my own
Leaving you behind
You were crying out
Th
at you need to speak your mind
 
Ohhh
So alone in love
So alone in love
I'm going to haunt y
ou everyday
Haunt you everyday
H
aunt you everyday
HAUNT YOU EVERYDAY
 
(Another Guitar Solo, right to the end)
 
Terra thought that song was really painful, so painful she didn't realize a couple of tears rolling down her cheeks.
 
The ominous music was playing and Garfield was wrapping things up. “And so ends another episode of, Mysterious Theater.”
 
“This is your host, Garfield Logan saying; Until next time… until next time…” he paused. “If there ever is a next time.” The thunder and lighting from the storm crashed.
 
“And we're out.” Said Bob. “As always, great work kid.”
 
Garfield took off his bathrobe, revealing his regular clothes underneath. He collected his pay, and decided to just chill out at the mall until the storm ended.
 
So he just got himself a salad and a soda, and began doing his homework while sitting alone in the food court… where Terra was watching from.
 
She saw how upset he looked. In fact, the place he was sitting was so dark and gloomy, that his head seemed to be bathed in a shadow… indicating he was really lost in his bitterness.
 
She decided that right now, they could both really use a friend.
 
“Uh… Garfield?”
 
Garfield looked up. “Hey.” he said.
 
Terra sat down. “I thought you might want this back.” she said holding out his battle helmet, still damaged.
 
Garfield just shook his head. “Oh, that's okay… you can keep it, I don't really need anymore.” he said sadly. “All it does is bring back bad memories of my failed attempt to earn appreciation.”
 
Terra knew how he felt, in a way.
 
“By the way. Where did you learn to move rocks like that?” he asked her about her powers.
 
Terra really didn't know. She assumed it was something she was born with, and only recently discovered it. “But for some reason… I feel as though I've known these powers from somewhere before.” she said.
 
“That makes two of us.” Garfield said. He was referring to his Animal capabilities, and he thought the same thing. “Still… I don't know why I should bother to keep going.” he replied. “Everything I try to do to gain something nice just blows up in my face.”
 
“They may as well put me out of my misery.”
 
Terra thought Garfield was talking nonsense. “Just look at what you've become.” she said. “You get more Straight-A's in a month than three genius get in a year. You work on TV, and you were even a superhero who saved people… and me.”
 
“Garfield, you even have the greatest music talent I've ever seen.”
 
The storm ended and the moon was out. Garfield was starting to perk up. “You really think so?” he asked.
 
“I know so.” replied Terra. “Why, if you and I could, we could form a band of our own and make great music together.”
 
That gave Garfield a big thought.
 
He had earlier that day asked his boss, Bob if he could have a raise in his pay check since he worked hard and good.
 
Bob told Garfield he did indeed deserve a raise, but unfortunately the TV ratings still needed to go up by a little more to pay that kind of money, but he also told Garfield…
 
“If you can figure out something that may get us more ratings, and it works… then you'll get your raise and maybe even more.”
 
Garfield quickly gathered his stuff and almost zapped away, but he stopped for just a moment. “Thanks, Terra.” he pecked her on the cheek and was gone.
 
Terra blushed. “He kissed me.” she thought warmly to herself.
 
She also wondered what it was Garfield had in mind. Whatever it was it had to be big.”