Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Some things Never Change ❯ Rebel Girl! ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes:
 
Hey!
 
I just I should tell you all… the song BB and Terra do in this chapter is a Parody of Billy Idol's REBEL YELL… but the song is done to the Sesame street Parody of the song… REBEL L.
 
So now you know what to picture.
 
CHAPTER NINETEEN
 
Only a couple of weeks to go before the end of April, and still, none of the students had any idea where they could hold the springtime dance.
 
Many suggestions were made, but all were dismissed either due to the number of students, or the straining of the school's budget to organize the dance.
 
Garfield and Terra however were already busy making Garfield's plan for a raise come true. Not to mention, help Terra become popular again.
 
What happened was, the Studio where Garfield worked also dealt with music videos, and they had been searching for new songs and stuff for weeks.
 
Garfield decided to take the job, but only if Terra would work by his side. Terra immediately jumped into it. She always had wanted to make her own music videos before.
 
So Bob hired her, and entitled her the same amount as Garfield earned.
 
Then, for the rest of the week, Garfield and Terra met at the garage near the building where Garfield lived, and began putting together a song, and the decided to do Garfield's song… “Rebel Girl!”
 
Now what they were doing was…
 
Since there was only two of them in the whole band. Garfield decided to use his multiple keyboard-playing talent to pay many instruments and record it all one tape, because the video they had in mind to make was a nighttime rock video performed outside Garfield's apartment.
 
Many things had to be done before the night of the filming.
 
The song was all recorded over the next couple of days. Terra had combined her Base Guitar with Garfield's keyboards that played. Two Electric guitars, a rock-organ, and heavy-metal drums. Even a bit of Dark Moon sounds
 
Garfield also told his neighbours, and people who were close enough to hear the music, what was going to happen. Everyone in the building asked to be in the video, and those who didn't made sure they had their earplugs in.
 
Terra was so excited. She couldn't wait for the tapping on Friday night, the only problem was, she had nothing suitable to wear.
 
If she was going to be in the song as a Rebel Girl, then she would need something that made her look wicked.
 
She even asked her… well… she still called the old lady Grandmother. She never would know how to call her anything else after all she had done for her.
 
“I'm not sure I'll look to good.” she said. “I know Garfield's counting on me, and I--”
 
“Now, now, Dear.” The old lady said. “He is counting on you, but all he really is counting on is for you to be there. I'm sure that whatever you find will be just perfect to him.”
 
Terra knew she had a point. Garfield wasn't shallow like others. He respected everyone, no matter what they wore. Even if it was repulsive and disgusting. “Everyone needs to wear something, and there's nothing entirely wrong with that.”
 
Terra was finding herself becoming closer, and closer to Garfield. He was kind, gentle, and he even had great tastes, and was also the hero who saved her life several times.
 
She stared out of her bedroom window, stared off into space, and sighed warmly to herself. “If only I could show him.”
 
A few days later
 
It was Friday night, and after Garfield had finished Mysterious Theater, the TV crew had gone to the building where he lived, and set up everything.
 
This got the neighbours really excited.
 
Once it was dark enough, and everything was set up; all that was left was to wait for the stars, and Terra had phoned Garfield saying she was already on her way.
 
Sadly, she also said that she still had no luck finding anything good enough to wear. “Hey, don't worry about it.” Garfield said. “Just come over, I got something for you.”
 
Terra made it to Garfield's apartment. “Hey!” she called out. “Whoa! You look cool in that.” she complimented him on his clothes.
 
(Refer to Episode BETRYAL for their outfits)
 
Garfield was wearing a black leather jacket over a white T-shirt, a golden chain around his neck. Sunglasses over his eyes, blue jeans, and white sneakers
 
“I got to say, I look pretty like money in this get-up.” he said.
 
He also noticed Terra was still wearing her school uniform, but like he promised, and he handed her a yellow box tied with a blue bow on it.
 
Terra giggled. “What is this?”
 
“For you.” Garfield said. “I heard you said you couldn't find anything, and well… when I passed this I just kept thinking about you.”
 
Terra opened the present and inside was the coolest looking outfit she ever saw. (Her outfit from BETRAYL)
 
Brown hiking boots, and matching gloves and belt. Short yellow pants, blue lenses goggles, and the bets part was… the Black shirt with a “T' for Terra in the middle.
 
Garfield did not tell her however, that when he saw it and thought of her… it brought on more images into his head. The picture was trying to become clear but he still couldn't make it out.
 
“Cool!” she said. “And it's exactly my size too. Thanks a lot Gar.” she pecked him on the cheek, Garfield blushed.
 
“Well, what are you waiting for?” he asked playfully. “I didn't buy you a cool outfit just so you could look at it.”
 
Terra went into the bedroom to change, and she did look amazing as she gazed at herself in the mirror, but suddenly… she gazed really hard at herself.
 
“Something about this outfit seems familiar.” she thought to herself. “Like I've worn it somewhere before.”
 
She shut her eyes, and began to see those images again…
 
Almost everything was clear to her know. The Titans, Beast Boy… everything except one image that was still to blurry to make out.
 
Terra snapped out of her trance when she heard Bob call her, “Come on, kid, it's Showtime.” he said.
 
Terra nodded and everyone took their places.
 
Meanwhile, at Titan's tower
 
The Titans were all tired with frustration.
 
It had been a whole week since the duel at the bridge, and Jinx, Gizmo, and Mammoth hadn't made a move since they escaped from jail.
 
Robin had been trying to figure out where they were hiding for a while, but so far he had no leads to that, but he knew that if they were working for Slade, there was going to be loads of trouble soon.
 
That was the main problem one.
 
Main problem two consisted of Beast Boy, and Terra.
 
They both still had amnesia, and they both weren't out to saving the city anymore. Worse than that. Von Richter called and said the Machine would be fully operational in just a few more weeks.
 
That was a good thing, but even if there was a way to get Beast boy to remember who he was, and get him to come back to the Titans. Slade and his minions still had his DNA. So there was no way he could change back without it.
 
Right now, the Titans were all just hanging in the lounge on a break from all the frustration.
 
Raven was buried in her book, Cyborg making a snack, Starfire slumped down on the sofa missing Beats Boy, and thinking back to all the good times, and Robin was channel surfing.
 
His mind was so wrapped up in his own thoughts, that he didn't realize he had made five complete surfs around all the channels.
 
Raven did notice however, from all the static sounds. “If you keep that up, you'll break the remote.” she said.
 
Robin pulled himself together, and just put the remote down. “I just wish I knew what to do.” he said. “So much is happening, and it's almost as if we're powerless to make anything happen.”
 
Starfire put a comforting hand on his shoulder. “Robin… do not think that way.” she said. “We have been faced with very gravest of challenges before, and we have never failed yet.”
 
“Girl's got a point.” Said Cyborg as he sat down with his sandwich and soda. “We'll figure this out somehow. We'll get the kids back, and make those slime-balls pay through the nose.”
 
Robin knew they were right. The best thing for them to do was not give up.
 
Suddenly, heavy-metal music came from the TV, and when the Titans looked up, the saw Garfield in his home lying in bed, dressed as a Rebel too.
 
“O-kay… really not what I needed to see.” said Raven.
 
(Music Cue)
 
(Garfield)
 
Last night as I was lyin'
Just loungin' in my bed,
Heard such a loony howling',
Stood my hair up on my head.
Lunged over to the window,
Flipped the floodlight right on.
Hey, there's a strange girl on the loose
Leapin' across my lawn!
 
(Garfield in the window, and Terra on the lawn)
 
I heard the rebel girl
Let out a…
 
(Terra)
 
"Yah-Yah-Yah."
 
(Garfield)
 
The little rebel girl,
She cried,
 
(Terra)
 
"Yah-Yah-Yah."
Yah-Yah-Yah."
 
(Garfield)
 
I heard the rebel girl
Let out a…
 
(Terra)
 
“Yah-Yah-Yah!”
 
(Garfield)
 
The little Rebel Girl,
She went…
 
(Terra)
 
"Yah-Yah-Yah."
YAH-YAH-YAH!!"
 
(Music goes REALLY wild!!)
 
(Screen flips round and around Horizontally)
 
REBEL GIRL!
 
(Screen flips round and around Vertically)

(Garfield)
 
She said…
 
(Terra)
 
"You gotta listen,
See, I'm a lean, mean lass.
And if I cannot have you then,
I'll kill you at the pass
Just wanna live for you and me
And don't say I'm too young
I was born to scream for love
At the top of my lu-lu-lungs!"
 
(Screen flips round and around Horizontally)
 
(Garfield)
 
I heard the rebel girl
Let out a…
 
(Terra)
 
"Yah-Yah-Yah."
 
(Garfield)
 
The little rebel girl,
She cried…
 
(Terra)
 
"Yah-Yah-Yah."
Yah-Yah-Yah."
 
(Garfield)
 
I heard the rebel girl
Let out a…
 
(Terra)
 
“Yah-Yah-Yah!”
 
(Garfield)
 
The little Rebel Girl,
She went…
 
(Terra)
 
"Yah-Yah-Yah."
YAH-YAH-YAH!!"
 
(Music goes REALLY wild!!)
 
(Screen flips round and around Vertically)
 
REBEL GIRL!
 
(Screen flips round and around Horizontally)
 
(Garfield)
 
Leaned out a little lower,
"Leapin' lizards!" I yelled,
"You gotta learn a lesson,
Hey, it's late, get lost, Rebel Girl
You're wakin' up the neighbors.
Please leave us in peace.
(Police Sirens and Lights)
 
Looks like you're outta luck, Rebel girl,
H
ere come the pol-luh-luh-lice!"
 
(Screen flips round and around Vertically)

(Policewoman)
 
Hey, little Rebel Girl,
You're too loud, loud, loud.
We know you're lost and lonely
Without a crowd, crowd,
CROWD CORWD!!
 
(Garfield runs out to join them)
 
But listen, Rebel Girl,
 
(All the neighbors open their windows and stick their heads through)
 
We got laws, laws, laws!
 
(Terra)
 
I'm just a rebel L
Without a cause, cause, cause!
 
(EVERYONE)
 
“REBEL GIRL!!”
 
(Music goes REALLY wild!!)
 
(Screen flips round and around Horizontally)
 
REBEL GIRL!!”
 
“I'M JUST A REBEL GIRL!!”
 
(Screen flips round and around Vertically)
 
“REBEL GIRL!!”
 
“You know I'm just a Rebel Girl!”
 
(Screen flips round and around Horizontally)
 
REBEL GIRL!!”
 
“You know I'm just a Rebel Girl!”
 
(Screen flips round and around Vertically)
 
“REBEL GIRL!!”
 
“I'M JUST A REBEL GIRL!!”
 
“REBEL GIRL!!”
 
 
The song faded out, and the Titans… they all had their jaws hanging wide open.
 
Finally Cyborg broke the salience. “I have seen some pretty mean things in my days… but MAN THAT WAS AWE-SOME!!”
 
Starfire giggled. “That was truly… What s your Earth phrase… Out of this world!”
 
Robin nodded. “That was amazing.”
 
Even Raven complimented with. “Not awful… not awful.”
 
Meanwhile
 
Bob reported that the Ratings were sky rocketing. “You were awesome kids. They loved you both.”
 
Terra and Garfield smiled.
 
Bob did indeed give Garfield his pay check, which was worth at least five times more than what he used to earn. Terra was amazed herself too, all she ever earned was no more than ten dollars a week for doing her chores.
 
“This is incredible.” Terra said. “Garfield, thanks a lot.”
 
Garfield milled but shook his head. “Terra, I wasn't the one who did this. You should be thanking yourself just as much.”
 
Now Terra was the one who shook her head. “No… you gave me the chance where no one else would.” she said. “Garfield, I really owe you this time. There's got to be something I can do to thank you.”
 
Now that Garfield thought about it. “Well, there is something, but… No, no, you wouldn't be interested.”
 
“No, no… I mean it, just tell me.” Terra said.
 
This was it!
 
Now or never!
 
“Uh… would you want to… hang out with me tomorrow night.”
 
Terra felt herself almost about to faint. This was the first, absolute first time in her life she had ever been asked out on a date. She never thought she would ever have any boy like her before, so she decided.
 
“Sure. I… I'd love to.”
 
They both shared a giggle, and then bid each other good night.
 
Outside the story
 
“I could barely believe it.” Beast Boy said. “I had a date with Terra, and it wasn't the first time either, but little did Terra or I realize that tomorrow night, something big was going to happen.”
 
Copy-Cat looked tensed. “What was that something?”
 
Beast Boy narrowed his eyes. “Something… from the past.”