Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Some things Never Change ❯ Finish what they started ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(That's right everyone. They're both going on the exact same date as the did on Episode BETRAYAL)
 
CHAPTER TWENTY
 
All the town couldn't seem to get the Rebel Girl song out of their minds. That song was an absolute killer-seller.
 
Bob even took the time to let radio stations play the song, and the music stores to play the video of it. Almost no one in town could go without hearing it once in a day.
 
Even a lot of the teens from school thought Garfield and Terra total rocked the world. Things were certainly going to look a little better for them on Monday, but it was still Saturday, and Garfield was just staying at home getting as his homework and chores done.
 
He had a date that night.
 
He never had actually been on a date before, or so he thought… and he was a little nervous too, but at least he and Terra spoke on the phone about what to do that night.
 
It wasn't going to be anything all that fancy. So at least they didn't have to dress up in formal clothes and all that stuff.
 
By Six that night, Garfield, dressed in his leather jacket outfit from the video, picked up Terra from her apartment.
 
Terra was wearing the outfit he bought for her.
 
“Hey, you ready to go?”
 
Terra smirked. “Just try and stop me.”
 
So they were off, on Garfield's new bike that he bought with all the extra money he saved up, but he still had loads, and loads of it left.
 
The city sure was a big place for two teenagers, even if they had powers, all kinds of trouble could be lurking around every corner of the street, but Garfield had a little trick up his sleeve.
 
See, in all his years, at least those he could remember, he learned how to make it in the outside world during his time in the streets… before he became a boy-genius.
 
“I know what it's like being alone. So you have to learn the ways of the world.” he told Terra. “I know you can read books… but can you read the street?”
 
As smart as Terra was. “How can you read a street? I don't get it.”
 
Garfield smirked. “I didn't think you would.” he said. “But never mind… we'll take some shortcuts, and I'll explain everything.”
 
(Music cue)
 
As the rode down dark alley ways, Garfield pointed out all the things the city had to offer, and what could be done to watch out for them and how to keep your cool.
 
It was also how Garfield got to be so tough, but was able to always be gentle, and never get violent.
 
(Garfield)
 
-If you wanna get along in the city
You gotta be pretty shrude.
It's the only way to learn ropes in the city.
It's all in your attitude.
See the way I strut as a swagger.
Show `em all you're sharp as a dagger
Let `em know I own this town,
Cuz you can't back down,
And run my-pet,
And let `em see you sweat…
 
-You gotta be STREET-SMART!
Quick and sly and STREET SMART!
You'll get by, your STREET-SMART!
Don't be shy and STREET-SMART!
You can change the code.
 
Terra was starting to get the message a bit. She even saw how a couple of school-kids were able to overcome two big bullies.
 
 
(Garfield)
 
-Let `em know you got your own way of walkin'
Your own way of talkin' tough
If you wanna make `em shake in the city,
You can't be a powder-puff.
Never flinch, and wince, or flutter,
Or you'll find yourself in the gutter.
When they try to crush your toes,
And steal your clothes, and eat your bread,
Just keep one step ahead…
 
-You gotta be STREET-SMART!
Quick and sly and STREET SMART!
You'll get by, your STREET-SMART!
Don't be shy and STREET-SMART!
You can change the code.
 
STREET-SMART!
 
Later on
 
The first stop on their date was just outside of town across the water. They were parked on a small rocky hill with a perfect view of the city. They watched sun as set below the horizon, it grew dark, and the stars and moon were out.
 
“Whoa, this looks even cooler than a night at the duck pond.” Garfield said.
 
Terra smiled. “This is my special place.” she said. “It's where I go when I need some time to myself…. but I never told anyone.”
 
Garfield wasn't sure why, but something about this place seemed familiar. He felt as though he had been here before, but he couldn't work out where, and when.
 
Still, he wasn't going to let those crazy images in his head bother him tonight.
 
They kept on looking on at the glistening lights. Then suddenly, their stomachs began to rumble. “You hungry?” they both asked each other at the same time. They shared a laugh and decided to head off.
 
They stopped off at Ben's Café… pretty much the only place in town you could drop in without reservations for a date.
 
“You sure you want to eat here?” Terra asked. “I don't think they have vegetarian meals for you.”
 
“Oh don't you worry kids.” said Pam, “We got something special for you today.”
 
Couldn't argue with that, so they just sat themselves down near the window. “I didn't know you knew Pam, here.” Terra said.
 
“Actually, I didn't know her at first.” Garfield said. “The first time I came in here, she also mistook me for that Beast Boy guy. I told her I wasn't, but she kept insisting That I look much like him.”
 
Terra knew where he was coming from. After all, she thought the exact same thing the first day Garfield came to school. Just like way Beast Boy kept insisting that she was his long lost friend.
 
“So… Garfield, what's the coolest place you've ever been to before?” Garfield asked trying to change the subject.
 
Terra thought hard. “Don't know.” she said as he looked at her faded reflection in the window, “I've never really been to that many places before… at least, none that I can remember.”
 
Garfield knew how she felt. He too hadn't been to that many places. This was partially due to the fact that no one gave him any chances, or accepted him, or anything.
 
“All I can say is… anything is as cool or as lame as you make it out to be.” replied Terra.
 
Just then Pam came over and place a special pizza on their table. Half vegetarian for Garfield, and half meaty for Terra… No Anchovies. “Here you go, kids.” said Pam. “Eat hearty.”
 
Terra and Garfield never knew Pam actually could did that, but they eat up anyways.
 
Once they were finished, Terra asked. “So like… how come you don't eat any meat?” she asked. “You know it's good for your bones.”
 
Now it was Garfield's turn to stare at his faded reflection. “I don't know.” he said. “I know I should be eating meat… but I just can't bring myself to do that. It's like I owe the animals my life or something.”
 
Saying that brought them both back a couple of visions. The picture was still faded, but they could someone say, “Dude… I've been most of those animals.”
 
The image faded as quickly as it came.
 
Garfield and Terra decided to head out while the night was still young.
 
Meanwhile
 
The Gorham amusement Park had been repaired and was now better than ever before. With new attractions, more rides, and naturally, all the usual refinements.
 
The Titans were there to take some time of from all their frustrations trying to find Slade.
 
Cyborg was pigging out on all the snacks he could fit into his stomach. Candied apples, lost of popcorn, cotton-candy, “Man… this is the stuff.” He chuckled
 
Robin and Starfire were enjoying the tunnel of love, one the newest attractions. It helped add on to their growing relationship since they came back from Tokyo.
 
“Robin…?”
 
“Starfire…?”
 
They gazed deeply into each others eyes, and then shared a soft kiss just like they did in Tokyo. It was so romantic in the tunnel. Too romantic to even put into words.
 
Raven was just sitting on one of the lonely benches near the game stands. She remembered that time when Beast Boy was playing and won her the giant stuffed chicken.
 
As lame as it was, he did win it for her and that was what he promised. “See… I told you I'd win you something.”
 
She sighed to herself, and never thought she would ever be saying or thinking, but she really did miss Beast Boy, and actually wanted him to come home. Sure his jokes weren't funny, and he wasn't always the smartest team member.
 
Still… none was ever more loyal, and he always had his heart in the right place when it was needed most. Which just went to show that even the comic-relief of the team can also be there when needed.
 
Speaking of him…
 
Garfield and Terra had taken their date to the theme park as well, and where taking the roller coaster for a real great run. They both felt like little kids.
 
They stopped to rest on the benches for a bit. “This place is awesome.” Garfield said. “I can't remember the last time I had this much fun.”
 
Then he noticed Terra was acting a little funny. “Yeah… me too.” She said as she stared off into space. “So you want to ride the bumper-cars or--”
 
“Terra?”
 
She turned to face him “Yeah, what is it?”
 
“Is everything okay?” Garfield asked. “I mean, I'm having fun… but I just want to know if you're having fun… you know… with me.”
 
Terra smiled. “Totally. Garfield, you've become my definition of fun.” She grabbed him by the arm. “Come on… let's go.”
 
(Picture that music)
 
So they continued their date, and they did quite a lot.
 
Bumper-cars, the Whirling rides, Snapshots, the Tunnel of horror, they even played some games. Terra didn't do so good however, until Garfield took over for her and used a little geometry to knock over all the pins with one ball.
 
He even one Terra a huge Teddy-bear. She hugged Garfield tighter than the bear.
 
The fireworks lit up the skies, and as they walked along, Terra slipped her arm around Garfield and rested her head on his shoulder.
 
Yet, both of them kept thinking the same thing. They had done this somewhere before, and not only that but now the images were still in their heads. They were ignoring them as best as they could, but the more the date progressed, the clearer the images got.
 
Still, they kept on going… Garfield and Terra even had a cool idea. The theme-park was big, it wouldn't cost too much, and it would be a great place.
 
They agreed to talk to the school counsel, and see if the school dance could be held at the park. There would be rides, snacks… lost of things to do. They could even bring in tables and chairs for refreshments.
 
Still… right now, they were in the big ferries-wheel, and enjoying the view. Garfield inched over towards Terra, and she rested her head on his shoulder again. “This sure was a great night, Garfield.” she said to him.
 
“Yeah, me too.”
 
They stared off into the night sky. “Terra, I got to know…” Garfield asked her. “What was that made you agree to wanting to go out with me?”
 
Terra looked down at her shoes, feeling a little embarrassed. “Well, I guess it's because… of all the things I could've done tonight I realized that all I wanted to do was spend time with you.”
 
Garfield's jaws dropped slightly.
 
“Garfield, you're not like other guys I've met.” Terra went on. “You actually appreciate me just for who I am, and you can actually understand things that I know of.”
 
She sighed. “When I'm with you, and I think of what you said about the Power of Music… I don't feel so… so…”
 
“Yes… go on.”
 
“Alone.” Terra said.
 
Garfield knew how she felt, he felt the same way when he was near her. “I used to think that sometimes it was better to be alone.” he said to her.
 
“Yeah, I know what you mean.” replied Terra. “While it may hurt you emotionally, at least when you're alone… nobody can hurt you.”
 
Garfield stood beside her and turned her to face him, their eyes met. “Terra… all I'm saying is; You're not like other girls I've met, and I would never, ever do anything to hurt you.”
 
“And I don't ever want hurt you.” Terra said softly. “So, maybe we should promise each other. Their faces moved slowly towards the other. “Before… we…”
 
(Don't worry… Slade's not here this time)
 
Their lips met, and as they just stood there… something very, very mysterious happened.
 
Their thoughts were all coming back to them, FULL BLAST!! They saw and remembered everything.
 
Garfield, having his Sakutia disease cleared. Him becoming Beast Boy and ending up with the Titans, and even all the bad stuff that happened came back to haunt him as well.
 
Terra being out on the road with her powers, meeting the Titans, being Slade's apprentice, turning herself to stone, and then becoming a school girl and telling Beats Boy, her one true love to leave her.
 
“You'll always be my friend, won't you Beats Boy?”
 
“Yes, I promised Terra… no matter what.”
 
 
The broke away from each other, and their eyes snapped open. “I… Remember!!” they both cried at the same time. “You remember?” they both asked each other in confusion.
 
“Terra.”
 
“Beast Boy.”
 
Outside the Story
 
“You both had gotten your memories back.” Copy-Cat said.
 
Beast Boy nodded. “Both of us were so shocked, that we both needed some time by ourselves, so Terra took off, and I headed home.”
 
“We didn't know if this was good thing, or a bad thing. Remember, we still forgot our lives for a reason.”