Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Some things Never Change ❯ Show me the Light ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
 
 
Garfield and Terra know remembered who they were, and everything else, but ever since their date on Saturday, they didn't even move towards each other that week in school. They were still emotionally unstable with the situation.
 
When they saw each other in the hallway, they quickly just pretended not to see each other and walk the other way.
 
Terra especially felt bad because she also remembered all the things she had said to Garfield… when he was Beast Boy, and when she didn't remember him.
 
How she tried to tell him to move on, forget about her… and worst of all, how she got that restraining order on him. She felt like such a brat, and a monster.
 
Beast Boy was more than just her friend now, she was growing to have strong feelings for him, but now she didn't know what to do.
 
She was so mixed up that she couldn't think straight and it slowed her down in class. She even got a C-Minus on a Pre-Exam test.
 
The end of the school year was only a month away, and Final Exams were slowly approaching, and what was more was more than that… the school dance would be going on after all at the end of the week.
 
Garfield, despite his emotional, seemly depressing state, he had presented his idea to the school counseling about holding the dance Friday night at the Amusement park, and things were already being set up.
 
The park had agreed to let the school have a chance, and were more than happy to lend any help they could.
 
The whole school, unaware of his alias, were really giving Garfield their thanks and praise for saving the school dance. Bullies no longer picked on him, some of the girls started to see him more than just a school-nerd.
 
Still, Garfield didn't know what to feel. His mind was really getting mixed up. He still had his amazing IQ of 170, but he was finding hard to concentrate with all his memories coming back to him.
 
He still got good grades, but not a moment went by that he didn't stop to realize how he got to be where he was, and most importantly… he didn't know if could ever find it in himself to confront with Terra again.
 
This was a big problem with him because he knew now that Terra was in his heart, he loved her more than he used to love Video Games and Chocolate as Beast Boy. More than Studying and getting good grades as Garfield Logan.
 
He really wanted to see her again, go out with her again. Even ask her to the prom, but the both of them were too embarrassed to look at each other. What were they going to do?
 
They were both thinking about each other that night at home as they slept.
 
(Music cue)
 
(Garfield's thoughts)
 
I'm out here on my own
To face the day alone
I need you to get me through the night
I'm lost out in the cold
I want someone to hold
I feel you're near, though you're out of sight
 
(Terra's thoughts)
 
And even though we're far apart
I search the moonlit sky
I make a wish to be home with you
Can't you hear me cry?
 
(Both)
 
Show me the light
Someone to lead and guide me
 
(Garfield)
 
Show me the light
 
(Terra)
 
A love to stand beside me
 
(Both)
 
Show me the light
When I fear the dark
 
(Garfield)
 
A ray of sunshine,
 
(Terra)
 
a rainbow's arc
 
(Both)
 
Show me the light
 
(Garfield)
 
I'm reaching for a star
Wondering where you are
Where is the love searching for me too?
Oh, beyond the mountain top
The dream will never stop
Give me a sign
I'm running out of time
 
(Terra)
 
Oh, I know someone is on their knees
Praying for me now
Won't you come and hear my pleas?
Save me somehow
Show me the light
Someone to lead and guide me
 
(Both)
 
Show me the light
Someone to lead and guide me
 
(Garfield)
 
Show me the light
 
(Terra)
 
A love to stand beside me
 
(Both)
 
Show me the light
When I fear the dark
 
(Garfield)
 
A ray of sunshine,
 
(Terra)
 
a rainbow's arc
 
(Both)
 
Show me the light
 
Meanwhile, and Titan's tower
 
Von-Richter had phoned and said the Machine was finished. “But I tell you… you try and vork zevereal monthz flat, and you vill zink you vasted avay.”
 
The Titans were grateful that the Machine was fixed. “at least that's out of the way now.” said Cyborg. “But were no where near out of the woods yet.”
 
He was right too.
 
Even now that the machine was ready, there was still the little matter of getting Beast Boy's DNA back from Slade, which they still were not having much luck on.
 
Even if they could get it back, there was still the biggest and most difficult task of persuading Beast Boy to come back to the team. Only they had absolute no idea how to show him how much they wanted him back, or that they missed him.
 
“Well we have to do something.” Robin said. “If Slade's going to strike soon, then we're going to need all the help we can get.”
 
Raven decided to tell them something she should have awhile ago…
 
When she was finished, she felt all their eyes piercing into her, and she felt a little embarrassed. “Raven, why didn't you tell us this before?” Robin asked.
 
Raven blushed. “Uh… it slipped my mind?”
 
She had actually seen Beast Boy and Terra at the theme park on Saturday, and had been keeping a close eye on them with her emotional-sensing. She even realized that the two of them now remembered everything.
 
With their amnesia's lifted. It would probably have been much easier to confront them now. but they decided to wait until morning.
 
Sadly, when the next morning came, The Titans were able to find Terra's location. sadly, Terra wasn't really up to joining back with the Titans… not yet. So she just made her excuses.
 
The Titans left her. “I believe that did not go at all well.” said Starfire.
 
“Tell me something I don't know.” Raven said, but then she quickly took it back… you know they way Starfire would react.
 
“Something big is on that girl's mind.” said Cyborg.
 
Robin nodded. “She's probably still too emotionally fragile.” he said.
 
“Or she really just doesn't want to rejoin the team.” added Raven.
 
They decided to go and try talk to Beast Boy, maybe by now he'd be ready to come back to the team.
 
Terra however had a bad feeling that the Titans weren't going to make things good. So she followed them silently all the way to Garfield's apartment.
 
They tried talking to him, but Garfield just sat at his table with his back turned to them all. “My mind's made up.” he said with a deep tone. “I'm not going back with you guys, and that's that!”
 
That was cold, but the Titans had expected he'd be that way. It turned out that he hadn't only remembered everything, but also why he left the team to begin with.
 
“Yo' man… look were sorry all right.” Cyborg said. “But look if we don't get your DNA back, Slade's going to crush the whole city.”
 
Garfield sipped his soy-milk. “Dude… that's your problem. Not mine.” he snapped. “I'm through with being a hero. All it does is get you nothing but trouble.”
 
Starfire approached him “Friend… Beast Boy--”
 
Garfield slammed down his fork, causing them to wince. “For crying out loud! Will you STOP CALLING ME THAT!!” he roared.
 
He calmed down a bit. “Look… sorry I yelled, but you guys got to get a grip already. Maybe I remember who I was, and everything with it, but that's all behind me now.”
 
Robin tried to talk to him, “But Beast Boy…”
 
“Dude! I just told you, I'm not Beast Boy and I don't want to be him anymore. My name's Garfield.” He got up pointing at things. “This is Garfield's Apartment… That's Garfield's Neighborhood… Garfield's Vegetarian breakfast--”
 
Raven held up her hand. “I think… we get the message.”
 
“Eh… Whatever.” replied Garfield. “This is Garfield's life; and it's not the good I hoped for, but at least now I'm accepting the awful truth.” He slumped back down into his seat and sighed. “I've lived my life as an outcast… and I'll die as an outcast.”
 
“Yo' man… quit beating yourself like this.” Cyborg says. “We don't think you're outcast.”
 
Starfire nodded. “Friend… you have done so many things for us all.”
 
Garfield turned. “Oh yeah? Name one thing I'm good at that doesn't involve being a hero, but just for being me!”
 
The Titans were all silent with empty answers. “There… you proved my point.” he replied. “As far as I'm care, you guys don't need me, and I don't need you either.” He turned back to his breakfast. “Now… Beat it, all of you… and don't come back!”
 
The Titans all feeling cut real deep decided to leave, but Starfire stayed for a few more moments. “Please, Friend… do not take this wrong…” she said as she placed a small wrapped gift on the table. “If ever you feel the need to… please use this gift.” then she was gone.
 
Garfield folding his hands onto his forehead and slammed face-down onto the table, surrendering to his despair. The morning sunlight was shining on everything but his heart.
 
In the hall way, Terra, who was hiding around the corner saw the bummed Titans leave. “Maybe it's time we just let him go.” Cyborg said. “Hire a new recruit.”
 
“Please…” cried Starfire, trying to hold back her tears. “I do not wish to find anyone to take Beast Boy's place.”
 
Robin and Raven agreed with them both. No one in the world would ever replace Beast Boy. No one could, and no one ever would.
 
Terra waited until the Titans were out of sight before she headed to Garfield's apartment. She needed to talk to him… now, and get to the bottom with what was going one with him and the Titans.
 
 
Garfield was just getting ready to head for school. When he heard a knock at the door. He gritted his teeth. “Some dudes just never learn.” he mumbled. HE swiftly opened the door. “I thought I told you--” he stopped. “Oh… Terra.”
 
He blushed of embarrassment, but Terra had a feeling he'd mistake her for the Titans. “Garfield… you mind if I walk to school with you?”
 
Garfield's insides began to go crazy, just the way they used to. “Uh… well… I uh? Sure.”
 
As they walked to school, Terra asked if Garfield could tell her what really happened with the him and the Titans, and figuring he should tell her, he began telling her everything.
 
About his true Past life with his Sakutia disease, and how becoming Beast Boy made a mess of everything for him. Having his legal guardian wanting to kill him, being mistreated by everyone, and getting booted off the Doom Patrol.
 
Terra thought it was no wonder he was always so gloomy and depressed all the time. “But wait… it gets better.” Garfield said with sarcasm.
 
He told her the Titans banished him… he just got up and quit.
 
He told her about all the horror and misery he went through after she, with her amnesia, told him to go away, and getting that restraining order on him. Nothing went right for him.
 
So he went to see Dr. Nobel Von-Richter, and was put into a machine that changed him from Beast Boy to a regular kid… it was Starfire's fiddling with the controls that caused the machine to overload, and give him his amnesia.
 
“There, you got it now.” he said. “I'll be you think I'm nothing but a big wimp.”
 
But Terra did think anything like that at all. “To be honest, you're way more braver than I am.” she said. “ever since I woke up from being stone… I just felt so alone.”
 
She went on saying how she felt so scared, not remembering who she was, where she came from, and being someone who was left out, felt so completely different from others.
 
“Now that Final exams are coming, I don't really know what I'm going to do.” She said. “I feel so nervous that I don't think I can make it.”
 
Garfield put a hand on her shoulder. “Maybe I can help you.” he said.
 
Terra looked at him. “Really?”
 
Garfield nodded. “Come on.” he said as he lead her into the school.