Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Some things Never Change ❯ Date with Danger approaching ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
 
“So… what was it that you did with Terra?” Copy-Cat asked.
 
“Well… I helped her study that week.” Beast Boy answered. “Like I said, I did have my memory back, but I still had my 170 IQ. So I helped her work the nerve to take the exams and it meant that we got to spend a little more time together.”
 
Back to the Story
 
(Music Cue)
 
(Garfield and Terra in the library)
 
-I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day
It's gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day
 
(Garfield and Terra studying in Garfield Apartment)
 
-Oh yes I can make it now, the pain is gone
All of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is the rainbow I've been prayin' for
It's gonna be a bright
(bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day
 
(Taking a break at the duck pond)
 
Look all around, there's nothin' but blue skies
Look straight ahead, nothin' but blue skies
 
(Terra rests her head on Garfield's shoulder)
 
I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way
Here is the rainbow I've been prayin' for
It's gonna be a bright
(bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day
It's gonna be a bright
(bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day
bright
(bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day
It's gonna be a bright
(bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day
It's gonna be a bright
(bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day
 
 
Thursday afternoon… and the results were in. Garfield aced his exams perfectly, and Terra, she may not have gotten the perfect score on her exams, but she did pass wonderfully.
 
“You did it, Terra. Way to go.”
 
Terra suddenly hugged him. “You said I could do it… and you were right.”
 
Garfield hugged her back. “But Terra… I only helped you a bit… you were the one who did most of the work.” he said. “You really earned the grades.”
 
It didn't matter to Terra, she was happy that she passed her Exams, and more than that, she finally had all she needed to graduate, so did Garfield. Imagine that, only one year of school and he was ready to graduate.
 
“Hey, Garfield…” Terra asked. “Not that it's my business, but… what do you plan to do once you graduate?”
 
Garfield never really thought of it before. It wasn't like he had any plans, or anywhere to go. He still had his job doing Mysterious Theater, but that job was starting to get dull, and he needed something more.
 
“Maybe I'll just live it n the edge, and see what waits for me beyond the world.” He said. “other than that… I don't rightly know what I want to do.”
 
Well… he secretly kept it in that one thing he really wanted to do, above everything else in the world… he wanted to be with Terra, but he wasn't sure if he should tell her.
 
So he decided to change the subject. “What about you?”
 
“Me?” she asked.
 
Garfield nodded. “Yeah… don't you have any plans?”
 
Terra looked down at the pavement. “Don't know… I may have my powers back, but I'm really not up to using them.” she said. “All they ever did was cause nothing but trouble.”
 
She spoke on the memories of the past… when she was having trouble controlling her powers, and unintentionally caused Earthquakes and Landslides. Then Joining Slade and being used for his dirty work.
 
She placed her hand on her forehead, and softly shook her head. “All that was because of me, and my power. I can't imagine how other people must've thought of me.”
 
Garfield placed a warm hand on her shoulder. “Terra, you shouldn't let it get to you.” he said. “And besides… remember what I told you the other night? I would never, ever let anything happen to you.”
 
Terra looked up. “You meant that?” she asked.
 
Garfield nodded. “And know of a great way to prove it to you.” He pulled out two small prom tickets from his pocket and waved them in front of her face. “Want to give it a shot?”
 
Terra's mind was going at a-hundred miles an hour. She was really hoping he'd ask her out. She wasted no time in answering. “Only on one condition…” she said. “You have to wear a tux.”
 
Garfield smiled, and they shared a soft hug, sealing the deal. They both went home to start getting ready. The prom was tomorrow night.
 
Meanwhile
 
In their secret hideout… wherever and whatever it was. Slade and his gang were finally ready to launch their nasty plan into action.
 
“Uh… are you sure we're not going a tad bit overboard here?” Mammoth asked.
 
Jinx rolled her eyes and sighed. “Look… we have huffed, and puffed… and now we're going to tear that city down.” she said.
 
With the Titans still without Beast Boy, and the Minimal no where in sight… this was the perfect time to launch their plan. All they needed was Terra.
 
“Heh, heh, heh… locked onto the girl.” Gizmo chuckled. He was ready to slam the capture switch, “Ready or not, here we--” Slade suddenly stopped him.
 
“No Gizmo… not yet.” he hissed.
 
Gizmo was most confused. “But… I thought you said--”
 
“No.” Slade growled. “Now's not the time.”
 
He told them he planned to capture Terra the next night at the prom. This way all the kids would be far too busy occupying themselves, and there would be plenty of space to escape.
 
“Sleep tight while you can child… you're time is of the essence.”
 
The next night
 
Garfield couldn't seem to stop staring at himself. He never looked so slick and cool before in the white tuxedo he had on. Good thing he finished work early that night and had enough money to spare to get his tux.
 
He was feeling a bit nervous, this was going to be his very first prom date ever, and the only positive thing about it was the fact that he was going with Terra. Still, he really hoped nothing would go wrong tonight.
 
Tonight, he was planning to ask her to come away with him. Since he never planned to return to the Titans, and he didn't really have other plans, one thing he did know, that with Terra things could turn better from the worse.
 
He took one last look at himself in the mirror, and everything seemed ready. His tux was all clean, he even had a cane and top hat to go with it, and even got Terra a small flower to put on her.
 
With all that settled, he was ready to head off and meet here at the fair where the prom was. However, he stopped a moment and stared down at the little present Starfire had left… which he had been ignoring completely.
 
He had however been having the rough urges it open it and see what was in it, but then he just kept reminding himself of all the bad times the Titans had made for him, so he let it be.
 
Right now, he had no time to worry about that. “Well… ready or not… here I come.” He said as he grabbed his cane and fitted his hat on.
 
(Music Cue)
(Garfield)
 
-I am… putting on my top hat,
tying up my white tie,
and brushing off my tails.
 
(Tap dances)
I am… duding up my shirt front,
putting in
my shirt studs, polishing my nails.
 
(Dances out the door)
(The neighbours)
 
He's stepping out, my dear,
To breathe an atmosphere that simply reeks with class,
And he trusts that you'll excuse his dust when he step on the gas,
 
(He arrives at the prom, and his schoolmates cheer)
 
(Garfield)
 
-For I'll be there putting down my top hat,
Mussing up my white tie, dancing in my tails.
 
(Tap dances on the band stage)
 
(More of the boys tap dance behind him)
 
(EVERYONE)
 
-For I'll be there
putting down my top hat…
Mussing up my white tie…
dancing in my tails
dancing in my tails
dancing in my TAILS!!
 
(Crowd Applauds)
 
The whole Theme park looked wonderful. Lots of Balloon all clung together to form large arch ways. Tables spread out along half of the huge space for the couples to just sit at and relax.
 
There were even other long tables off to the sides, with foods and snacks, and like all proms… there was some punch, only, and would you believe there was some students behind the tables to guard the food and make sure no one tried to spike it.
 
Garfield waited near the front gates, softly talking to himself. “My, my, Terra… only thirty more seconds.” he said playfully. “Oh, how could you stand me up like this?”
 
He kept on counting down the remaining seconds in his head, and indeed when he reached zero… “I hope I'm not late.” Terra asked.
 
Garfield looked around, and what a site…
 
There she was dressed in a silky, shiny, Cerise-Pink gown. It had long sleeves, and a sparkly tulle pink scarf was wrapped around her shoulders and curling around one of her arms.
 
Half of her long yellow hair was piled up hair in a pretty design, and the rest hung lose, and curly in front. She even had a white lily in her hair too.
 
She wore a pair of white pearl earrings, and to complete the picture, she had applied a soft bit a shadow to her eyes, peach lipstick, and even sprayed herself with vanilla scented perfume.
 
He smiled at her and kissed her hand sweetly. “Nope. You're dead on time.”
 
Terra blushed and giggled as Garfield pinned the flower he got for her to her gown. Then they walked into the fair arm-in-arm… unaware that trouble was shortly around the corner.