Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Some things Never Change ❯ Captivated, and Captured ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
 
Slow songs played and soft twinkling lights floated gently about, as the couples began to dance, as well as Terra and Garfield.
 
“You know… in all my memories of seeing you, I never thought could see you like this.” Garfield said.
 
“Like what?” Terra asked. “Cool… amazing… or maybe--”
 
Garfield shook his head. “Beautiful.” he whispered into her ear. Terra's cheeks blushed madly, and turned to look away from him.
 
“I always wondered what it would be like to be beautiful.” she said. “But I was always on my own, and I really couldn't make that happen.”
 
She went on saying that she never went to any fancy school events. She always had this fear that she could never make herself look nice enough, and she just stayed at home and caught up on her reading.
 
“I've never gone to any dance or prom in all my school girl days. I didn't know what people would think of me. Would they think I look beautiful, or just plan okay?”
 
She suddenly felt silly. “Listen to me, rating on like this.”
 
But Garfield shook his head. As another Slow song began to play, he turned her to face him. “But Terra… any smart kid you and I would be well aware that true beauty is not what you see with your eyes alone.”
 
He was giving another one of those “Beauty is on the inside” lectures, and it seemed to catch her attention. “You… you mean that?”
 
Garfield nodded, and held her close to him. “Why do you think I fell for you in the first place.”
 
She smiled and rested her head on his cheats as they began to dance to the romantic song.
 
(Music cue)
 
(Garfield)
 
-You are not your clothes
You are not your hair
You are not the dress
That tonight you chose to wear
Rich or even poor
I could
n't really care
You're still simply beautiful you
 
(Spot light focuses on them as they dance)
 
(Terra)
 
-You could be a prince
With the finest clothes
But it wouldn't make you any nicer
I suppose
If you looked down on us
While turning up your nose
You would not be beautiful you
 
(Both)
 
-It's not how much you sparkle
That makes you like a star
It's what's inside your heart
That tells you
Who you are
 
(Terra))
 
Clothes don't make the kid
It's the other way around
(Stares at her reflection)
This is what
I've finally found
 
(Garfield)
 
That it's not about the way you look
It's about the things you do
 
(Both)
 
That make you beautiful you
 
(Garfield)
 
I am not my clothes
nor have I a crown
 
(Terra)
 
And I mostly wear street clothes
`
but in my heart
I wear a gown
 
(Both)
 
So let's go out today
Like we've never had a care
About the things we think
We're supposed to wear
 
(Garfield)
 
`Cause it's not the way you look
 
(Terra)
 
It's the things you say and do
 
(Both
 
That make you beautiful
That make you beautiful
That make you beautiful you
 
They ended their dance with Terra curtseying, and Garfield tenderly kissing her hand, and the crowd applauded.
 
Later on that night
 
Terra and Garfield were taking a rest break and decided to get a swig of punch. As Garifeld tenderly poured the cups, he began to playfully flirt with here again.
 
“Who are you really, and what were you before? What did you do, and what did you think?”
 
Terra giggled. “We said no questions.”
 
They clinked their cups. “Here's looking at you kid.” Garifeld said, and as they sipped he couldn't help notice that everything was going perfectly that night, and he even asked Terra earlier again if she liked spending time with him.
 
And she answered with the same line again. “You're my definition of fun.”
 
Garifeld couldn't help it any longer. “Uh… Terra?” he asked sounding a little shy. “There's something I want to ask you something.”
 
Terra blushed softly. “Yes… what is it?”
 
Garifeld rubbed the back of his head nervously. “Well remember when you asked me… what I wanted to do when I finished school?” he paused and then stared deeply into her eyes “I think I figured out what it is.”
 
Terra's eyes began to sparkle like the stars. “Yeah… go on.”
 
They held hands, and still gazed into each other's eyes. “Well… what I want to--” Garfield paused. “What I'm trying to say is…”
 
“Yes… yes…” Terra peeped.
 
But before he could finish, the ground softly began to rumble. Everyone paused and looked around in confusion as the rumbling got stronger… the lights were flickering in the stress, and the punch was wobbling.
 
“What's happening?” cried Terra.
 
“Whatever it was, could it have waited maybe ten more seconds?” Garifeld asked angrily.
 
The rumbling got even worse, and suddenly up there in the sky was huge Spider, slowly coming down towards them all. Just the sight of it was enough to make all the girls scream blue murder.
 
“That's the biggest bug I've ever seen in my life.”
 
“Yeah… that's thing's big enough to crunch us all up.”
 
Garfield looked closely at the use arachnid. “Wait a minute. Look!” he said. “The eyes… their glowing red, and the legs are all moving in patterns.” Which could only mean that that Spider was mechanical.
 
Suddenly, a big tube of light shot out from the Spider's belly, and there coming down through the beam were Jinx, Gizmo, and Mammoth.
 
As soon as they had touched down, they released more Green Animals from their capsules. “Okay nobody move!” growled Gizmo. “I got a T-Rex here, and I'm not afraid to use it.”
 
The teens all got down on their knees quivering in fear. “Look them all. It's like taking candy from a baby.” Mammoth joked.
 
Suddenly, a large TV screen on the Spider-Ship's back clicked on. Garfield and Terra narrowed their eyes “Slade.”
 
“So sorry to ruin your festivities.” Slade said. “But I can assure you, if you cooperate and give me what I want, no one will get hurt.”
 
The beams of light began focused on Terra.
 
The trio began moving towards her, but Garfield stood in front of her.
 
“Come on kid… there's no way out of this.” Jinx hissed. Terra and Garfield began backing away, but there wasn't of a place to run. Jinx hopped down from the Elephant she was riding on and began stepping towards them.
 
“You don't want any of this kid, now get out of the way.” she hissed. He hands began glowing madly.
 
Garfield could feel his anger boiling, and just because he didn't want to be a hero anymore didn't mean he could still fight. So he let out a cry of battle and gave her a swift kick in the face.
 
Jinx fell flat on her back.
 
“EVERYONE RUN!!” cried Garfield.
 
The teens all began running in panic, and out the front gates like a wild stampede. No sooner did the teens all clear out when the Teen Titans entered.
 
“Yo' man, what's going on here.” asked Cyborg.
 
“TITANS… LOOK OUT!!” cried Garfield, but not only had the trio begun to fight with their animals, Slade unleashed some of his Robo-minions to keep the Titans occupied.
 
“TITANS… SPREAD OUT!!” cried Robin, and the battle was on.
 
Robin whipped out his metal rod. “Welcome to my nightmare.” He growled and her began to make short work of the robots.
 
While Cyborg was dealing with Gizmo. “Why can't you just be a good little boy, and give up already?” he mocked.
 
“Ha! You first, Tin-man.” Gizmo snarled.
 
They began to do battle along one of the Roller coaster tracks.
 
Raven was busy dealing with Jinx, and some of the animals. She used her powers to send the tables flying towards them. Some of the animals tripped over their feet, but more were still coming.
 
“Ha, ha… is that the best you can do?” Jinx mocked.
 
“No… this is!” Raven snapped. “Azarath… Metrione… ZINTHOS!!” Her power blast knocked the other animals off their feet, but not Jinx who blasted Raven with her own attack.
 
Starfire was busy attacking more of the Robots, which weren't very difficult for her to crush on her own. “You evil creatures stand not a chance against my star-bolts.” she growled.
 
“Maybe not… but I sure can.” called Mammoth. “Have some rock candy… heavy on the rocks!!” and he threw large boulder that she was barley able to dodge or negate.
 
Garfield just stayed near Terra and protected her from the remaining robots. Terra thought that was really brave of him, and she wished she could help, but she hadn't had time to refocus her powers and it was best she didn't.
 
So far the battle seemed to tipping in the Titans favor, as the animals had all gone back into their capsules, and the trio was starting to look tired, and now stood all together with each of the Titans and Garfield circling around them.
 
But strangely, they were all smiling wickedly.
 
“Man you Titans are as dumb as you look.” Gizmo chuckled.
 
The Titans didn't understand, but suddenly they heard Terra scream. They all turned round and saw Slade with his arm wrapped round her neck.
 
“Terra!” cried Garfield.
 
“Stay where you are, Boy.” Slade hissed. “The girl is mine now, and very soon the city shall be mine as well.”
 
“Let her go!” Robin growled. “What could you possible want with her anyways?”
 
Slade sneered at Robin. “You'll know soon enough, until then…” The beams of light shone on the villains and beamed them up to the Spider-Ship, and then they took off into the sky.
 
Garfield kept watching to his horror until they were out of sight. He walked over to where Terra and Slade were standing, and all that was left was the flower he had given to her.
 
He clenched it tight in his fists, and collapsed to his knees “TERRA!!”
 
Meanwhile, on the Spider-ship< /div>
 
Terra, dressed in another one of Slade's evil suits, was placed in a strange glass tube, with wires attached to her outfit. “What are you doing? Let me out of here!” she demanded.
 
Slade just stood there with his arms folded. “You're in no place to make threats, child.” he hissed. “Now that I have you in my grasp, I can use you to bring my plan into action.”
 
Terra's eyes blazed with anger. “No! I won't let you use me again!” but suddenly she was being shocked by some of the wires.
 
“Silly girl… it's not as if you were given a choice.” replied Slade. “Those wires will not only render you weak, but they will focus your powers and grant me access to do as I wish with them.”
 
Terra, already weak, but not out of it yet, struggled to gaze at Slade's evil mask. “You won't get away with this.” she said wearily. “Garfield will come to save me.”
 
“Ah, yes… Garfield Logan, alias; Beast Boy.” Slade hissed. Obviously he knew of everything that had been going on the past months since Beast Boy transformed. “I thought you had given him up… you know… Things change.”
 
Terra hated being reminded of that, how she hurt Beast Boy and forced him to become a regular boy. “Well some things never change.” she said. “He'll find me, I know he will.”
 
“And when he does…” Slade cut in. “We'll be waiting.”