Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Some things Never Change ❯ I'll be a Hero. ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
 
 
Garfield was still on his knees unable to get a grip on himself. Slade got away, with Terra. “It's all my fault.” he muttered weakly. “I should've watched out for her.”
 
The Titans, who were all standing a little ways behind him, were trying to work out where that Spider-ship had gone.
 
“Poor Beast Boy.” said Starfire. “He looks more sorry than the Pink and Blue Worp-Worp, that has lost is' favorite Bongthor.”
 
(Don't you just hate it when you can't understand the language.)
 
“Robin… will he be alright?” she asked.
 
“Yes… he will be.” Robin answered. “We'll find Slade, and get her back.” He then asked Raven and Cyborg for a progress report, and the results were not good.
 
Gizmo and Slade had built that ship so perfectly that Cyborg's scanners couldn't trace it… and Raven couldn't make telekinetic contact with the ship because something was blocking her from seeing it clearly.
 
Garfield couldn't take anymore of this. He lost her once before, and he wasn't about to lose her again. He shot himself straight up “Then I'll go find her myself.” he said deeply.
 
“Uh-hu… and just how are you going to do that?” Raven asked. Garfield stared his angry eyes straight at her face. “The traditional way; Look!” and then he stomped off.
 
The titans all exchanged looks of concern, and then despite her dumb question, Raven floated up to him fast. “Beast Boy, don't be silly. You can't do this by yourself.”
 
Garfield stopped dead in his tracks with his head throbbing in anger. He turned to face her. “Look… first of all: I told you to stop calling me Beast Boy.” he said to her. “And who else do I have to turn to? You tell me that, Raven!”
 
Raven kept as calm as she could. “You can turn to us.” she said. “We can help you. We want to help you.”
 
“Help?” Garfield snapped. “Oh, you want to help me? Well why should I let you guys help me anyway? I've helped you guys plenty of times in the past, and what did I get from it?”
 
“I'll tell you what I got, I got nothing. Zip! Zilch! Maybe a pat on the back, or a “Hey great job kid.” No, I didn't get any respect from any of you. Not even from my jokes even if they weren't funny.”
 
Raven was speechless. He had never before spoken to her this seriously and angrily. “We just want to help you.”
 
Garfield sighed heavily to himself and rather than telling her to just Bug-off. “I… I'll think about it.” was all he said, and he left.
 
Later on
 
Garfield went home and quickly began to pull out his books and his tools, and his Manimal outfit. “I may not know where the are… or if I can beat them.” he said to himself. “But I've still got my ingenious-brains, and my animal abilities too.”
 
He cracked his knuckles, and opened up his books, and began tinkering with his suit to repair and alter it “I don't care what it takes. I'll find that ship somehow, and I'll get her out of there!”
 
(Music cue)
 
All week… he worked hard making all kinds of alternations and repairs to his suit, and he even began mixing up some formula's in school to help him on his upcoming quest, and all through it, he always had Terra on his mind.
 
-I'll give you love, keep you close to me.
No one in the world will ever hurt you.
I swear that nothing will tear us apart.
When trouble comes I won't desert you.
 
(Garfield working in school)
 
-I'll be a hero. I'll be your Robin Hood.
I'll be a Lancelot, the way I said I would.
I'll be a hero, I'll be your Ivanhoe.
With love as my sword so have no fear…
Oh I'll be…
Yes, I'll be a hero.
I'll be a hero.
 
(Terra being shocked)
 
-I'll give you hope, keep you safe and free.
When you need a song, I'll be there to play it.
Let someone rump you, and I'll take the blow.
When the dragon comes, I'll go and slay it.
 
-I'll be a hero. I'll be your Robin Hood.
I'll be a Lancelot, the way I said I would.
I'll be a hero, I'll be your Ivanhoe.
With love as my sword so have no fear…
Oh I'll be…
Yes, I'll be a hero.
I'll be a hero.
 
(Work completed)
 
With love as my sword so have no fear…
Oh I'll be…Yes, I'll be a hero.
 
 
Garfield had many things to deal with that weak. And the first of which was his Manimal suit now altered.
 
With some tinkering, he was able make his cape switch to a pair of glider wings. He also attached was able to buy some equipment and with a little more tinkering, and his secretly making Rocket Fuel in school he built himself a jet pack to wear on his back.
 
With his cape able to change into wings, and the pack, this would allow him to fly. OF course he still had his grappling-shots on his gauntlets only now they were built on thick chains instead of high tensioned lines, and could extend twice as far.
 
His battle-helmet, fully repaired. which was now had new Rhino horn in the front for more power.
 
He also knew that he would end up in some pretty tight battle up there. So he repaired his gadgets, and he even made something a little extra special for the green animals. IT was kept inside a tiny capsule in his belt, but he had to be careful with it…
 
His plan was very risky and it had to meet certain conditions. Not to mention he would only have one shot. So he would have to use it EXACTLY at the right moment, because he wouldn't have a second try.
 
Finally, on Saturday late in the night he decided it was time to go for it. So he changed into The New Manimal and was about ready to leave, when he suddenly gazed at Stafire's gift again.
 
He thought that since this would be a real dangerous setting for him, and he might not make it out, he decided to open it. He gently untied the ribbon, and slowly opened up the box…
 
There… sitting on a soft piece of felt was a Teen Titans Communicator. The very one he gave up when he quit the team. He argued with himself and decided to take it along. “Who knows… maybe I'll need al the help I can get after all.”
 
With all that, he hopped up to the window. Then he launched his grappling lines over to the next building on an angle pointing upwards. Then he carefully positioned himself and grabbed a cord on his jet pack.
 
In a small “click” he line gave him one heck of a yank out the window, up into the air. Then he pulled the cord, his capes changed into wings and his rocket pack fired carrying him up higher into the night sky.
 
“All right… it works.” he cried for joy.
 
Watch out Slade, you've got company coming your way.
 
He knew he couldn't detect the ship, but that wasn't his plan…
 
Using a couple more pieces of Terra's hair, found on his tuxedo. He built a creature detection unit: A handheld device that could guide him to Terra's location by tracking her DNA and the waves of her powers… and so he was off.
 
Meanwhile
 
The Military forces had detected an unidentified in the skies high above Gotham. “Sir, you may want to look at this.” said a Cadet.
 
The Commander looked at the radar. “What is it, son?”
 
“I don't know sir… we just tracked it.” replied the Cadet. “It's measuring a great length and with sir. Roughly to the size of half of a hundred-room mansion.”
 
Suddenly, it began to change course. “Sir… it… its moving. Now it's changed direction again, Sir.”
 
The Commander didn't like the looks of this. All signs weren't able to determine if it was a U.F.O, but they were able to determine it was gigantic rock. Large enough to wipe out all of Gotham city.
 
The forces began to launch a full-scale assault against the object. Missiles were loaded onto ramps and fired, but as they radars tracked them down, each and every missile seemed to vanish off the screen before it reached the target.
 
“The missiles… they were remote detonated.”
 
“Remote detonated… that's impossible!”
 
 
Actually it wasn't impossible…
 
The giant rock was no ordinary rock. Underneath all of that stone and Earth was Slade's Spider-Ship.
 
He had used Terra's power to cover the ship with layers and layers of Earth, and with Gizmo's tinkering, the whole thing was now one colossal flying booby-trap.
 
Gizmo was having fun using his radio-waves to detonate the missiles before they hit the rock. “Heh-heh… suckers!” he taunted.
 
Slade couldn't agree more with him. “Those poor undermined fools.” he hissed.
 
He looked over into the tube, where Terra was hanging unconscious inside. “With your help child… the city will soon be mine.”
 
Suddenly, the alarm sounded. “Something's coming towards us from behind.” said Jinx. She clicked on the screen and they saw Manimal soaring through the air.
 
“Ahh yes…” Slade hissed. “I really expected him a little later… but I suppose we can still give him a proper welcoming.” he motioned to the trio. “You all know what to do?”
 
Jinx, Gizmo and Mammoth nodded. “Don't worry boss… we'll get him.” Mammoth said.
 
Outside
 
Garfield had been flying around for hours and hours, and his jet pack wouldn't hold up much longer, but finally he found exactly what he was looking for.
 
The signals from his tracker were coming from inside the huge floating rock ahead of him. “I've only got enough left to reach it.” he muttered to himself. “I think I'm going to need a little help.”
 
He landed safely on the top of the rock, and sure was a huge drop, 50,000 down below. Luckily his helmet made it easier to breath.
 
He changed his wings back into a cape, and took off his now empty Rocket-pack as it was weighing him down a bit, but before headed in… he got out his Titan-Communicator, drilled it into the rock, and activated it's alert signal.
 
“I just hope they can get here.” he said to himself.