Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Some things Never Change ❯ The Very LONG Cave ( Chapter 25 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
 
 
The Titans had received the signal from Beast Boy's communicator, but none of them couldn't understand it. “The signal's coming through okay… but its coming from just the empty sky.”
 
“That's impossible.” said Raven. “He can't just be calling from the sky like that.”
 
“Girl's got a point.” said Cyborg. “Whatever he's transmitting from, it's totally undetectable.”
 
“Or it is perhaps a trap of great lethal cunning awaiting our arrival to assure our demise.” added Starfire.
 
Robin knew they had a point, but regardless, they had to take the chance that maybe Beast Boy had found Slade's ship. “We've got to check this out.” He said. “Get the T-Ship ready for launch.”
 
“I'm on it.” said Cyborg.
 
Starfire looked out the window, up at the sky. “Friend… I wish to know if you are alright.” she said softly.
 
Meanwhile
 
Garfield looked around. “There's got to be a way in, somewhere.” he said to himself. Then he got his answer as a big trap door opened up from under his feet.
 
He slid right down a long, tricky slide, and he landed with a thud at the bottom. “Dude… as awesome as that was, I don't think I want to do that again.” he muttered.
 
He looked around. He didn't seem to be at the Spider-Ship yet, but in fact a massive cave consisting of many corridors, and pathways, as if it were built by an ant colony.
 
Anyone who was anyone could get lost, but Garfield still had his tracer. It would still guide him to where Terra was. “Better make sure the Titans will know where to go.” he said.
 
Using some pebbles he found on the floor, he drew some arrows marking the way to g, unaware that he was being followed.
 
Mammoth, Jinx, and Gizmo were hiding in the shadows near the entrance point, and they decided to sabotage his little scheme. They either rubbed out the arrows, and then re-drew them pointing the wrong way, or drew several other arrows pointing in several different directions.
 
“Hee, hee, hee. I'd like to see the titans get out of this.” Gizmo sniggered softly.
 
Garfield continued to follow his scanner. It felt as though he had been walking for miles, and miles, and the signal didn't seem to be getting any stronger, but he wasn't giving up. Terra was depending on him.
 
“Got to keep going.” he groaned tiredly. “If anything happens to her I'll never forgive myself. I go to find her.”
 
(Music cue)
 
(Shots of when Terra, and Beast Boy first met)
 
(Terra's thoughts)
 
-Is there anyone…
Anyone to guide me?
Is there anyone…
Willing to stand beside me?
 
(Terra as Slade's assistant crushing the Titans)
 
(Garfield's thoughts)
 
-Is there…just one heart,
I can be a-part of?
Is there… anyone,
Who won't turn me away?
 
(Terra turning to stone)
 
(Both)
 
Who is waiting to say.
 
(Terra and Beast Boy at THINGS CHANGE!)
 
I want you. (I want you)
To stay here (To stay here)
Forever… and Ever!!
 
(Beast Boy painfully changes into Garfield)
 
Terra's thoughts)
 
-Is there anyone…
who will let me love them?
 
(Manimal getting beat up)
 
(Garfield's thoughts)
 
-Is my searching done?
Please care, anyone!
BE THERE!!
 
(Terra and Garfield dancing at the prom)
 
(Terra's thoughts)
 
-Is there Anyone?!
 
(Garfield's thoughts)
 
-Is there Anyone?!
 
(Terra's thoughts)
 
-Is there Anyone?!
 
(They share a kiss)
 
(Both)
 
-Is there… ANYONE?!
 
 
The signal began to get stronger, and Garfield knew he was getting closer.
 
Suddenly, his foot seemed to step down onto a floor switch. “Uh-Oh. Please tell me I didn't just do what I think I did?!”
 
He looked around him, and indeed… he just set off a big hoard of traps that seemed to stretch all down the long hallway.
 
He began to run like crazy with his leopard speed.
 
The First Obstacle: Was a wall of spikes zooming right towards him from behind. Which he was barley able to outrun.
 
Second: Lots of arrows and quills flying out from the walls, he just behaved like a monkey and evaded them all.
 
Third: A Large trap opened wide before him leading to a heavy drop 50,000 feet down below. Nothing too good for his amazing jumps, and his grappling lines.
 
Fourth: Huge rock-walls, acting as crushers lay ahead, but he used the horns on his helmet to blow his way right through them.
 
And finally… Slade's Robo-minions, but he was ready for them too. Out of my way, dudes!” he snarled as he tossed his Porcupine-quills clean through their chests and shorting them out.
 
“That'll teach them to mess with The Manimal.”
 
Suddenly, he heard the sounds of clapping. He turned around and saw Jinx, Gizmo, and Mammoth. “Smooth move, kid.” Manimal joked.
 
“If only we didn't have to get you, we'd ask you to join us.” added Jinx. “The Hive Academy would be grateful to have you.”
 
Garfield growled. “I'd never join you, dudes.” he snapped. “Now I came here for Terra, so hand her over, now!”
 
“Yeah? Well we don't feel like it… so there!” Gizmo snapped and he stuck out his tongue blew him a raspberry. This angered Garfield more.
 
“I'm warring you, dudes… don't make me any madder than I already am.”
 
“Yeah, yeah… whatever.” mocked Jinx. “Less yaking, and more attacking!”
 
Garfield wasn't hoping to do this, but he seemed to have no choice. “Bring it on!”
 
Meanwhile
 
The T-ship was nearing it's target, after following the signal from Beast Boy's communicator.
 
“Whoa! Check out the size of that thing.” cried Cyborg. “It's being enough to use us for a lifeboat.”
 
After a bit more gazing and tracking the signal. “Lets set it down over there.” said Robin.
 
They set the ship down to a site on the rock just a little ways from where the communicator was still beeping, but they didn't dare leave the ship. From that high altitude the air was too thin to breath.
 
“Okay we're here now.” Raven grumbled, “Now what?” Raven said.
 
“Yes… I wish to know how we get in.” said Starfire.
 
 
Inside…
 
Slade had seen the Titans land, and was well prepared for their arrival. “You want a way in, do you? Well… as you are guests…”
 
He clicked on a switch.
 
 
Back outside, the Titans still hadn't departed the ship, and suddenly they felt a bit of rumbling coming from the very ground they stood on.
 
“What's happening?” cried Robin.
 
“I thought you'd know.” said Cyborg.
 
The ship suddenly began to sink down, down, down, as it was standing directly on a lift platform. They went, deeper, and deeper, until they ended up in a small hangar bay.
 
“Swell.” Raven said. “Looks like we got our way in.”
 
“Perhaps we shall disembark to find Beast Boy?” Starfire asked.
 
Cyborg check his scanners, and it was safe to breathe. Robin gave them the go ahead, but they had to be careful. Obviously Slade knew they were coming.
 
They exited the hanger and found themselves in the cave-maze. “Man, Slade's not taking anything too lightly.” said Cyborg. “These tunnels all together go on for at least a mile.”
 
“But how are we going to find out which way Beast Boy went?” asked Raven. “Even I can't tell which way goes where.”
 
Starfire gazed around, and suddenly, “Friends… I have something to show you.” she called. The Titans moved towards her to find she had found an arrow drawn onto the floor.
 
“It looks like Beast Boy was here.” said Robin. “He must've drawn this to help us find the way. Good work, Starfire.”
 
Starfire smiled, and then the titans began to move… unaware that they had just fallen for a big one.
 
They went up one way, and down another. They went sideways, and they went slantways, but they didn't feel like they were getting anywhere.
 
“It feels like were going in circles.” said Cyborg. Then they found another arrow, and three other ones drawn right by it. “Awe, man! We are going in circles!”
 
The Titans really felt stupid. All this time they had been mislead by what was obviously a set up. “What do we do now?” asked Raven. “How are we supposed to get out of this maze?”
 
A brief silence followed… when suddenly they heard a faint yelp echoing through the tunnels. It was Garfield.
 
“Beast Boy!” Robin snapped. “TITANS MOVE… FOLLOW THAT SOUND!!” and they were off like lightning.
 
Meanwhile
 
Garfield had been battling with the trio for quite a while now. It was hard enough to face them in a battle area he wasn't too familiar with.
 
What with all the different rock formations and closed-areas, making it hard for him to dodge or use his weapons.
 
But battle the green animals was even tougher. For each one he defeated, the trio unleashed another, and another. Finally, he had used up all his weapons, except for his little secret weapon… which he was still not able to use then.
 
Now he was barely able to stand and keep his balance. “Got to… keep… going!” he muttered. “Got to… find… Terra!”
 
Suddenly, he had an idea. It was a long shot, but if it worked, it just may lead him to Terra. So… he collapsed onto the floor.
 
The trio slapped high-fives, and exchanged compliments.
 
“You…”
 
“Oh, stop it, it was you.”
 
“Do we rock, or what?”
 
Mammoth then picked up Garfield and carried him over his shoulder. “Let's go, punk.”
 
His playing dead act was working. Now they would take him straight to Terra, and Slade, but he didn't like what he heard them say about the Titans, and they way they had sabotaged his guiding arrows.
 
“Those guys are as good as lost.” said Mammoth.
 
“Yeah… but what if they do get to us?” asked Jinx.
 
Gizmo whispered to them what their plan was. Sadly, Garfield couldn't hear them, but even though it was entirely against all odds, if they were planning what he hoped for then maybe he'd be able to make things work after all.
 
“It's all up to the Titans now.” he thought to himself. “Come on dudes. I know you can do this.”
 
Meanwhile
 
The scream didn't seem to help either. They had just been going in random directions. Now the Titans were even more lost than before.
 
“That's it man!” Cyborg snarled. “I can't take this anymore. This isn't getting us anywhere!”
 
Starfire really felt beat-up. “I feel as if I have been wandering these endless hallways for years, and years.” she cried.
 
“We can't stop now.” Robin said. “Beast Boy and Terra need us now. We have to help them.”
 
Cyborg glared angrily at him. “But how are we even supposed to get to him?” he asked. “We've been walking around in circles. We're never going to find him like this.”
 
Raven couldn't take much more of this. “Then we'll just make our way through.” she said. “Azarath… Metrione… ZINTHOS!!” and by using her power she blew a hole clean through the wall creating a new passageway.
 
The other Titans all looked at each with big smiles. “Good thinking Raven.” Robin said. “Titans… Blow these walls down!”
 
They kept on going straight forward in a straight line, blowing more and more walls down guaranteed not to end them up going in circles. They would defiantly be able to get to where they needed to go…
 
But would they get there in time to stand a fighting chance?