Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Some things Never Change ❯ We fight together! ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
 
Still playing dead, Garfield could tell he was being brought into the Spider-ship, which was located in the very core of the rock.
 
Keeping his act, he pretended t o be all groggy, and weak as he felt his Helmet being pulled off. “Wake up, young boy.” Slade hissed. “No, you're not dead… just exhausted.”
 
Garfield opened his eyes. “Slade.” he growled weakly.
 
“Yes, Beast Boy.” Slade replied. “Or should I just call you Garfield, as you so wish to be known as?”
 
Garfield resisted the urge to lunge at him, if he wanted to keep up his act. “Where's Terra?” he said. “What have you done with her?”
 
“Ah, yes.” Slade said. He snapped his fingers and lights in the back clicked on revealing Terra still wired up and incased in the glass tube. She was barley awake herself. “Gar…field.” she cried.
 
“Terra.”
 
Slade nodded his head. “You both are such amazing creatures.” he said. “Her with the power to move rocks, and Earth and you with your animal abilities, and ingenious brain.”
 
“We're nothing like you.” Garfield said.
 
“Yeah… you're… nothing but a villain and a scoundrel.” added Terra
 
Slade remained silent for a moment. “Well… at least we are honest with ourselves.” he hissed. “Unfortunately my friends, you see, in the real world, we all have our problems. Our desires. Our… fondest wishes.”
 
“And mine is to control Gotham city.”
 
He went on explaining that he had already blackmailed the helpless city down below to either make him the new ruler of the city, and all its inhabitance would serve him.
 
As they denied him, he threatened to take the large rock he had made around the ship, and drop it onto the city like a meteor, and Garfield knew as the object was about the size of a huge mansion… it would obliterate the whole town and everything else in it's path.
 
“You've got to be bluffing.” cried Terra. “There's no way you can do that.”
 
 
 
Slade simply sniggered. “Oh, but I can… and to prove I'm not bluffing, observe this example of what will happen to your city.” he hissed, and he motioned for Gizmo to press on a switch.
 
“FIRE!!” he cried.
 
Then the video screen showed the image of a smaller rock zooming at an incredible speed, and striking down in the city of Paris, France.
 
POW!! The Meteor stuck the town and wiped it all out in a giant shockwave of ground eruptions. Terra screamed and shut her eyes tight. Slade then motioned for Gizmo to turn it off.
 
Terra opened her eyes to find the Trio laughing at her. “Well, actually…” Slade said. “That was merely footage from the movie (Armageddon) but the real impact would do exactly just that.”
 
Terra shook her head vigorously. “No… you can't! I won't let do this.”
 
Slade just moved toward the tube. “Ah, but child… you underestimate.” he hissed. “You're powers as well as this ship are moving the rock. There fore, it is you who shall be attacking the city, not I.”
 
Garfield felt his blood churn when he fiddled with the controls and shocked her some more, but he had to resist the urge to run and help her or everything would be ruined, luckily for him…
 
SMASH!! At that very moment, the Titans had smashed through the wall.
 
“What? How'd they get here?” snapped Mammoth.
 
“Never mind that… let's get them!” snapped Jinx.
 
They leapt up from their seats, and Slade called forth his entire hoard of Robo-minions.
 
The Titans were completely surrounded, but they weren't willing to back down. “TITANS, GO!!” cried Robin.
 
Garfield even dropped his act, and leapt up into action. “I'll help you!” he called. “LET'S GET BUSY!!” and the fight was on.
 
(Music Cue)
 
-There's a man who leads a life of danger.
To everyone he meets he stays a stranger.
With every move he makes,
Another chance he takes.
Odds are he won't live to see tomorrow.
 
Secret Agent Man.
Secret Agent Man.
They've given you a number.
And taken away your name.
 
Robin threw his Bomber-disks at the Robots stopping them in their tracks, and Starfire used her Star-bolts and knocked them out cold.
 
Cyborg and Raven dealt with more of the Robots.
 
“BO-YAH!!” cried Cyborg as he fired his sonic-cannon. “Have a nice trip… see you next fall!”
 
Raven even shorted out the rest of them with her magic waves. “Got to love it!”
 
-Beware the pretty faces that you find.
A pretty face can hide an evil mind.
Oh be careful what you say,
Or you'll give yourself away,
Odds are you won't live to see tomorrow.
 
Secret Agent Man.
Secret Agent Man.
They've given you a number.
And taken away your name.
 
Garfield, recaptured his helmet, and began to do battle with the trio. He had to save Terra, and that was what gave him the edge he needed to crush them all flat.
 
Swinging on the Riviera one day.
Lying in a the Bombay alley next day.
Oh no you let the wrong word slip,
While kissing persuasive lips
Odds are he wont live to see tomorrow
 
Secret Agent Man.
Secret Agent Man.
They've given you a number.
And taken away your name.
 
With the robots knocked out, and the trio down flat, Garfield leapt over to the tube and gave it a huge smash with his fist shattering the glass.
 
Slade growled and ran over to try and stop him, only to be ambushed by the rest of the Titans allowing Garfield to continue with his rescue.
 
He detached Terra from all the wires and manacles that bound her, and helped her out of the remains of the tube. “Come on, Terra.” he said to her. “You'll be safe now.”
 
Terra opened her eyes to see she was in Garfield's arms. “It's… it's you… you came back for me.”
 
Garfield winked at her. “And I' do it again, and many times more.”
 
The Titans walked over to stand with them. “Give it up, Slade.” Robin sneered.
 
“No where to run now.” added Cyborg.
 
But Slade actually had one last trick up his sleeve. “Whom has who, Titans.” And he quickly hit a switch which caused the ship to tilt and start crashing down towards the city below.
 
Apparently, Slade had absorbed enough of Terra's power to work the controls without her. “In five minutes this rock will crash and destroy the city below, and all of you with it.”
 
“And what about you?!” snapped Raven.
 
“Might a cowering creature such as yourself go down with your ship?” added Starfire.
 
Suddenly, Slade just fell over… and shut down. Robin lappet over and saw that it was only another one of Slade's Alias robots…. It wasn't really him at all. “No!” Robin snapped. “I was so sure we had him this time!”
 
The ship began to tip really hard now as it gained speed. “Cyborg! Quick… try and get the ship moving! We can't let it hit the ground.”
 
Cyborg tried everything he could, but the controls were strange to him. “Man I can't figure it out.” he cried. “These wires must do hundreds of things.”
 
He tried all he could, but only ended up making things worse, now the rock was heading towards the city even faster.
 
 
Down in the city, the Air Raid Sirens were whirring, warning the city that danger was coming. Everyone looked up at the sky and saw the rock coming straight for them, and there was no time or place to run.
 
 
Back on the ship…
 
Terra wasn't able to pull the Rock off it's course, because she still too weak from all the pain she had endured, and Raven's power wasn't strong enough either.
 
Starfire suggested they try and divert the rocks descent so it would splash down into the water, but Garfield warned her that the Rock was so big, the splash would cause a huge tidal wave that would still wipe out the city.
 
“Cyborg… it's up to you now!” cried Robin.
 
“I'm trying! I'M TRYING!!”
 
One minute until the crash. “Oh, get out of the way already!” Garfield growled as he threw off his helmet and pushed Cyborg aside. “Now lets see…”
 
He began fiddling with the wires and computers, and speaking in quick computer words.
 
“Okay… disconnect the powers in the main computer base…”
 
45 seconds…
 
“Reprogram the configuration… reset the PW…”
 
30 seconds…
 
“Unlock the wave-links, and deform the circuit breaker…”
 
15 seconds!! At this point, the Titans, and the people in the city below were bracing themselves hard for the end.
 
10… 9… 8… 7…
 
Garfield panicked as he continued his work. “Input the pass codes!! Jettison some cargo!!”
 
6…5…4…
 
“And JUMP START THE SYSTEMS!!”
 
3…2… 1--
 
He quickly leapt up and pounded on the controls, and the ship, along with Terra's stored powers made a hard curve, barley missing the buildings below, and soared back up into the sky, and missing the city entirely.
 
 
Everyone in town looked up to see the Rock headed further away from them all, ad they all began to cheer.
 
 
The Titans were also cheering madly as well. Thanks to Garfield's smarts, the town was safe, however the victory cheer was cut short.
 
Jinx, Gizmo and Mammoth had awakened from their knock-out. “You creeps have asked for it.” growled Jinx.
 
“We're going to come at you with everything we got!!” added Gizmo.
 
“Say your prayers!” Mammoth added.
 
They grabbed all the capsules they had and released every single animal they could fit into the room, and sent the rest of them throughout the ship.
 
“Anyone have any ideas of what to do?” Cyborg asked.
 
“I believe we are far outnumbered.” cried Starfire. “Therefore, I wish to leave!”
 
“Nobody's going anywhere!” growled Jinx.
 
“Slade couldn't get rid of you, but we will.” snapped Gizmo.
 
“So who wants to go first?” growled Mammoth.
 
The Titans stood their ground, not knowing what to do. There was no way they could fight off all those animals.
 
“Speak up, runts!” growled Mammoth. “Who's going first?”
 
Outside the story
 
Copy-Cat knew they couldn't fight off all the animals. “So… tell me… I wish to know…” he asked nervously. “Who was it that went first?”
 
Beast Boy smiled mischievously. “I went first.”