Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Some things Never Change ❯ No more Changes ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
 
Garfield had no need to head back to the main control room, as he already had programmed the ship's motors to carry the rock high enough, but before he could actually set off the explosion he had just one more thing to do…
 
So using one of Slade's communicators he found, he adjusted the frequencies, and took off his helmet again. “Titans, do you copy? This is Garfield Logan.”
 
The Titans, preparing the T-ship for break-away received the signal through the mini-monitor screens on their control consoles.
 
“Beast Boy?”
 
“Friend?”
 
“Yo' man.”
 
“Huh?
 
“Garfield?”
 
Garfield smiled. “Hey, guys. What's up?” he said. “Look, uh…” he paused. “You probably know what's going to happen right now, right?”
 
Robin nodded. “Yeah, we know.” he said sadly.
 
With tears rolling down her cheek, Starfire asked. “Friend, sure you sure there is not any safer way to undo this fearful deed?”
 
Garfield shook his head. “Sorry, Star.” he said. “But listen, I may be able to get out of this, but… well… just in case I don't… I want to tell you guys something.”
 
“Robin… Terra has my communicator, and I want you to have it back if I don't make it. You're the best leader on any team I've ever had the privilege to be on.”
 
Robin smiled softly yet sadly.
 
“Starfire…”
 
“Yes?”
 
Garfield paused a moment. “Of all the alien lives we've ever encountered… I think you're the babe of the all.”
 
Starfire didn't understand, but Garfield quickly told her. “That means… I think you're the most beautiful.” Those words made Starfire want to cry.
 
Garfield looked up at Cyborg, and before he could say anything. “Yo' man… don't be getting all sappy on me.” he said trying to hold his tears back. “I think you're awesome too.”
 
Garfield smiled, and then turned to Raven. “It's all right Raven… you have to say it.” he said to her.
 
“Say what?” Raven asked trying to hide it well, but her tears showed them all everything.
 
“Listen guys… if I make this out alive, you can bet I'll back on the team.” Garfield replied. “But look… if I don't make it out… I… I want you guys to look after Terra for me. She's going to need a place to stay.”
 
Terra felt as though her heart was breaking up right in front of her face, exactly the way Garfield must've felt when she turned to stone, and restrained from him.
 
“Terra.” Garfield said looking straight to her over the screens. “Just remember… you'll never lose me. No matter what happens, I'll always be with you, forever.” a tear rolled down his cheek. “I love you, Terra.”
 
Terra sniffled. “I love you too.” she sobbed.
 
“I got to go now.” Garfield replied and he was out, leaving Terra to burry her face into her hands, and cry.
 
Even though they all were emotionally unstable, the Titans had to get their act together. The ship was all out of fuel, and already starting to lose it's lift, which was starting to send the rock downward.
 
They had to get the T-ship away, now!
 
“Titans… fire rockets!” cried Robin.
 
Cyborg clicked his controls, but the rockets only coughed, and choked. “Cyborg! I said fire the rockets.”
 
“Yo' man… they're not working!” cried Cyborg. “THEY'RE NOT WORKING!!”
 
Obviously, the stress from all the rocking, and rumbling, the T-Ship's systems were shaken up, blocking the systems to the launch controls.
 
Down below, Garfield could see that the T-Ship still hadn't gotten away yet. “What's going on up there… why haven't you guys split yet?” he called into his communicator.
 
“Something's wrong with the controls.” Robin answered
 
Cyborg was already working hard and fast to make all the necessary repairs, but he had to hurry fast. If Garfield didn't blow the rock up in another three minutes, the rock would be so close to the ground that the leftover rocks wouldn't vaporize enough in time.
 
In other words… if he didn't press the button in time, there would be huge boulders raining down from the sky everywhere.
 
Two minutes left, “You dudes got less than minute… don't think I'm not going to blow this thing!” Garfield called, and then it got worse.
 
The caves had been so badly upset, and damaged, that it was starting to cave in and gas pockets were blowing everywhere. “Whoa!! You guys get out of here… it's getting bad down here!”
 
Cyborg tried everything. The wires were all fixed, and there was no sign of any blockage, but still the motors wouldn't work and the T-ship stayed-put.
 
Down below, Garfield could see the ceiling cracking up badly as huge rocks began to fall from above, and more air was leaking through. “Dudes… I mean it! GET OFF THIS ROCK!!” he yelled.
 
“Man! They're not working!” Cyborg growled, and he began pounding on the panels. “Why… won't… THIS… CRAZY… THING--” and the controls started to come-to. “…Work?”
 
“Fine, so it's working, Can we please get out of here now?!” Raven complained.
 
Robin rolled his eyes. “Cyborg, take off… NOW!!”
 
“Here we go!”
 
He fired the motors, and the roared to life and blasted off from the rock. “Way to go guys.” Garfield called as he saw them soar towards the city below…
 
…and as the ship got further and further away from the rock, Robin turned to look over his shoulder back at the rock. “Thank you, Garfield.” he muttered under his breath.
 
Garfield smiled as if he actually heard Robin say his real name for once. He watched until the ship was at a safe distance, and with less than a minute to go, now was his chance.
 
He held the remote in his hands, and turned it on. The red button started beeping, but before he could press it, the room he was in began to go berserk. Rocks falling, and air blasting…
 
Suddenly, he could feel the floor below him quivering. “Uh… uh-oh!”
 
The floor exploded like a gas-pocket, causing Garfield to drop the remote and get thrown up through the ceiling. He quickly fired his grappling-hooks to latch back onto the rock before he flew away.
 
30 seconds to go… and the rock still hadn't exploded. “What's happening over there?” Robin asked, all concerned.
 
Garfield, flaying in the drat, retracted on his line and pulled himself back inside. “Dude… where's the remote?!”
 
20 seconds…
 
The Titans were starting to consider going back and blow the rock up themselves. “He'll do it… I know he will.” Terra said, and she looked back at the rock which was far away. “He never failed in school, and this should be nothing.”
 
15 seconds…
 
He found the remote, and it wasn't damaged. “Sweet!”
 
10… 9… 8… 7…
 
He quickly picked it up and then lunged over towards the escape pods, even the though the odds were against him, he planned to go for it.
 
5…4…3…
 
He could see the whole town down below, and he launched the pod, and held the remote tightly. “WE WIN, TERRA!!” he cried as he slowly laid his finger on the button.
 
2…1…
 
“CLICK!!”
 
The Spider-Ship in the center exploded in a fiery blast so large, that the flames began to spread all over the rock, and the escape pod barely got away far enough.
 
The Titans all looked back and shielded their eyes from the fiery explosions… KAPOW!! The rock exploded causing the T-Ship to rock about in its descent.
 
The town's people looked up to the bright explosion that filled up the dusky pre-dawn sky. Then they all leapt into the air cheering.
 
The radiation, and brightness from the explosion began to dim-out. “Cyborg… report. Was the detonation successful?”
 
Cyborg checked his Wrist-computer, and the radar. “Worked liked a charm.” he cried with joy. “Most of the pieces have been completely vaporized, and there's nothing left big enough to make you say “ouch.”
 
But suddenly he found something else on the radar. Something too big to be a rock and it seemed to be falling down towards the harbor. “Raven, can you see what it is?” Robin asked.
 
Raven looked out her window, and used her telekinetic-site to see what it was. “It looks like one of those escape pods.” she said.
 
Terra's heart rushed for joy.
 
“But I can't tell who's in it.” replied Raven.
 
“You don't have to.” Terra said in tears. “I know who it is.”
 
(Picture this exactly like on TROUBLE IN TOKYO)
 
They landed the T-Ship afloat on the water near the escape pod, and Raven used her power to drag the pod aboard. Terra rushed to it instantly, and opened it up. She pulled Garfield's helmet off, he locked a little bruised from barley escape the fires…
 
“Garfield? Garfield?” she whispered.
 
He opened his eyes, looked up at her face and smiled. “Told you you'd never lose me.” Terra wiped her eyes, and Garfield got up just in time to see the sun rising up from the horizon.
 
The other titans got up out of their pods, but didn't move towards them. Robin and Starfire watched them standing there almost like the way they did in Tokyo.
 
Garfield nervously, yet with a serious look on his face. “You know… I'm starting to think that maybe, I should become Beast Boy again.” he said. “I mean… I can't change who I am, ever… but maybe… maybe I can…”
 
“Garfield.”
 
He turned, and looked deeply into her eyes. “Terra?”
 
Terra smiled at him. “Promise me… things between us won't ever change again.”
 
Garfield smiled. “Well… except for the Beast Boy thing…” he paused. “I'll do anything for you… Terra.”
 
Their faces slowly moved towards each other's and their lips met.
 
Starfire held Robin's hand, and they smiled at each other.
 
Raven was smiling too. “Well… would you look at that.” she muttered.
 
Cyborg put his fists on his waists proudly. “I've said it before, and I'll say it again now…” he said. “Well… it's about time.”
 
Outside of the Story
 
Copy-Cat couldn't help but aww at the story-line. “How incredibly romantic.”
 
Beast Boy let out a sigh of love. “Terra meant the world to me… I almost lost her many times over, and I swore… I'd never lose her again.”
 
(Music cue)
 
(Beast Boy)
 
-I've got one wheel on my motorbike,
and four toes on each foot.
I have six days in my week,
enough of this I will not put.
I'm a bath that has no plug,
And I'm a handle with no jug.
I'm a floor without a rug unless she's near me.
I have three strings on my violin,
And I'm an only twin.
Something's missing…
Something's missing…
Something's… --ing.
 
(Looks at his photo, half covered.)
 
-As a cat I've only got eight lives
I chase just two-blind mice.
On my birthday when I get three cheers,
they only cheer me twice
I'm an oil well with no oil,
And I'm a plant that's got no soil.
I'm a kettle that won't boil unless she's near me.
Two and two make three when I ad.
and all that's good turns bad.
Something's missing…
Something's missing…
Something's… --ing.
 
(Uncovers the rest of the photo of him with Terra)
 
-But whenever she comes close to me,
my life is all complete.
For no longer do I have four toes,
No longer two left feet.
I'm a playground filled with swings,
And can be an Eagle with his wings.
Or a nightingale that sings because she's with me.
Now I beg to don't take her away,
Cuz only with her can I say.
Nothing's missing…
Nothing's missing…
Nothing's Miii-iiissing.
 
He held the picture close to his heart, and hugged it gently.