Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Musical: Some things Never Change ❯ Welcome Home, Beast Boy. ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
 
 
With his DNA back with Von-Richter, and the Machine fully prepared. Garfield would able to change back into Beast Boy really soon, but before he could… he and Terra had one last thing to do.
 
At the high-school, out in the field. All the senior students who were graduating that year were all gathered together, and accepted their diplomas, even Jackie and Jillian, who out of all the students there, graduated with the lowest marks of all.
 
Finally, before the festivities could begin, The Principal had one special awards to give out. A very special award, for a very special student. He asked that Terra stay on stage to present the award, and went through his short speech.
 
“This award is going to the finest student this school has ever seen in all it's many years.” He said proudly. “A student, with outstanding grades, superb intellect, and the kindest of manners to ever be seen.”
 
“It gives me pride, and joy to present this award, to the student of the century… Garfield Logan!”
 
The crowds went wild, and so did the Titans, who were invited as guests, as Garfield proudly accepted his “Student of the Century” plaque from Terra. He pecked her on the cheek, and shook the Principal's hand before taking the podium for a few words.
 
He cleared his throat. “This award really means a lot to me.” he said. “But even though I should feel proud that I earned this, and I should feel proud that I am the new Student of the century… I cannot fully accept all the credit for this.”
 
The crowd exchanged looks of confusion.
 
Garfield went on…
 
“I may have struggled through many hardships, including those in my otherwise, unbearable past and childhood, but I owe a lot to someone very special here…”
 
He turned around to gaze at Terra. “I knew Terra long before I came to this school… as Beast Boy!”
 
This made the crowd really gasp in shock, the fat that all this time they had inducted a superhero as a student. This was truly a great honor.
 
“When I first saw Terra, I could tell she was the lost Titan I had been searching for, but when she couldn't remember me, I decided to take my leave and forget about my hero's life.”
 
“As I came here, we began to pick up a little… it was shaky, but eventually, I found myself unable to stop being concerned, and I looked after her even when I was the Manimal, and I couldn't remember her.”
 
“But what I'm getting at is…” he paused. “I may have earn this award, but I give most of my credit to you Terra. My inspiration, my life-line. My… EVERYTHING!!”
 
Terra blushed, but smiled brightly.
 
The crowd leapt up from their seats cheering madly, and all the students took of their graduation caps and threw them up in the air along with Garfield and Terra's.
 
The Titan even cheered wildly too.
 
And then… Terra grabbed and pulled Garfield towards her. Their eyes met, and they kissed in front of the crowd making them cheer even louder.
 
That night
 
After a whole day of festivities and celebration. The Titans were all gathered up in Von-Richter's lab again, and the Machine was already powered up.
 
“Ready vhen you are, my boy.” he called to Garfield.
 
He was already stripped back into his old Doom Patrol outfit, but taking a minute to look at his body one last time. “So long, Garfield.” he said to his reflection. “You'll always be a-part of me.”
 
Then it was time, as he got into the chair, and had the needles hooked into his arms, and the chair lifted over into the cage-sphere. The opening sealed.
 
“All right… ztand back everyvone.” Von-Richter said, and he started up the machine, and the cage started spinning around the chair.
 
(JOE 90 intro theme)
 
The green DNA was being injected along the line, and into his arms, and his skin and hair began turning green. It didn't hurt him much, but it was a little scary… for the others to watch.
 
The machine kept going, and by the time the music had come to an end, the machine stopped, and Beast Boy was back to normal. Green, skin, hair. Pointy ears, and fangs.
 
He was unhooked from the machine, but he was still okay. He hadn't really changed so much, except that his IQ was no longer as high as it was before, but still higher than it used to be before the transformation.
 
“Beast Boy, you okay?” Robin asked.
 
Beast Boy looked in a small mirror at himself. “I'm green.” he said. “I'M GREEN!! YA-HOO!!”
 
Everyone smiled at him.
 
 
The Titans decided to head out for Pizza to celebrate having Terra and Beast Boy back with them, but on their way…
 
“HELP… PLEASE, HELP US!!”
 
Beast Boy recognized those voices, it was those kids who loved to dress up and pretend to be Titans. “Go for it, Beast Boy.” Robin said smiled.
 
Beast Boy nodded, and then changed into a pterodactyl and flew away towards the danger zone…
 
There, he could see the kids down below, still in their costumes. They were playing near a vacant-lot, but some wreckage fell over trapping them in, and a leaking drum of Gasoline was leaking towards a burning cable-wire.
 
“HELP… SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US!” one of the boys screamed.
 
The two girls screaming and crying, all a fright, but then the other boy looked up. “Hey look… what's that?” he asked as he pointed up to the green pterodactyl, and their faces lit up…
 
“All right! It's Beast Boy!”
 
He touched down, and changed into his regular shape. “Don't worry, I'm here to help you. Hop on, Titans.” and he changed back again. The kids all got on his back and hung on tight as Beast Boy flew them to safety, only moments before the lot went up in flames.
 
He flew them over to the park where he knew they could make it home safely.
 
“Gee… thanks a lot Beast Boy.”
 
Beast Boy winked at them. “You take care of yourselves.” and he flew off.
 
That night
 
Back at the Tower…
 
Beast Boy was standing up on the roof.
 
He was still adjusting to the fact that he was home where he belonged again, and he didn't really feel very sleepy either, but soon someone came out to join him.
 
“Hey… you okay?” Terra asked as she walked up to him.
 
Beast Boy smiled at his girlfriend. “I'm just taking the time to convince myself if this is all really happening.” he said. “Like… first I met you… things were looking cool… then I lost you… you came back… and it happened all over again.”
 
Terra knew how he felt, during her life as a Titan, she did feel many loads of regret having had to turn against Beast Boy, and turning into stone.
 
“But hey… I owe you a lot.” she said. “I mean, sure I was little mean to you when I lost my memory, but… now look at where we are. If it wasn't for you, I don't know where I'd rightly be right now.”
 
Beast Boy smiled at her, and they both looked up as a shooting star sped by.
 
“I don't know where I would be either if it weren't for you helping me out, either.” he said. “But all I know is… of all the places, in all the world I want to be, and of all the things I can and may do in my life…”
 
“All I want… is to spend them with you.”
 
Terra blushed, and her heart was beating like crazy. “I feel the same towards you.” she said. “I can't think of anything else that can top what we have.”
 
The embraced each other softly, and shared a passionate kiss under the stars, and a few minutes later… well…
 
Let's just say they were in Terra's room, and enjoying their first ever game of “Make-out Madness.”
 
 
Outside the story
 
“Terra and I were together, and that was the way we planned to stay.” Beast Boy said.
 
“she and I were as close as Robin and Starfire were, not a week went by when there wasn't at least one day or night we had fun, just the two of us.”
 
“A year later… we met you, and you joined the team and trained us to be stronger. Then when took us to your home planet, that's where I popped the question to her, and the rest… is pretty much history.”
 
Copy-Cat smiled as he slightly nodded his head. “Of all of the stories I have ever heard of in all the years of my existence and knowledge… this was the most amusing tale I have ever heard of.”
 
Beast Boy smiled, and then he let out a huge yawn. Copy-Cat checked the clock-radio, and it was half-past One in the morning.
 
(Can you believe it… that whole story was supposedly told in only a single night.)
 
“This is it…” Beast boy said. “This is my big day.”
 
Copy-Cat nodded. “Yes… this is the day where you and Terra shall be joined.” he said. “But I suggest we adjourn to bed and rest while the darkness is still among us. There will be much to do in the morning that will require our strength.”
 
Beast Boy nodded as he got into his bed, and Copy-Cat got up to head back to his room.
 
“Night, Copy-Cat.”
 
“Sleep well, my friend.”
 
After Copy-Cat had shut the door, Beast Boy looked out the window and saw another shooting star in the sky.
 
As he lay down in bed, he could help but think about all that happened to him, and how nothing was ever so easy for him…
 
(Music cue)
 
(Beast Boy)
 
-It's not easy being green;
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves.
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold...
or something much more colorful like that.
 
-It's not easy being green.
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things.
And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're
not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water
or stars in the sky.
 
But green's the color of Spring.
And green can be cool and friendly-like.
And green can be big like a mountain or important like a river,
or tall like a tree.
 
When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why, but why wonder why?
Wonder, I am green and it'll do fine, it's beautiful!
And I think it's what I want to be.
 
He lay down gently, and fell asleep as the song ended.