Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Normal Like You ❯ Libraries and Through the Window ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry the update took forever. I'm working on a little plot twisty-thingy, and so far have come up with nothing. Except adding Malchior in here somewhere. But I owe my fans (yep, both of `em) an update, so here we go.
Normal Like You
Chapter 3: Libraries and Through the Window
Raven fingered the books on the shelf idly. She'd read them before wand was merely taking up time. Her fingers traced a line from one book to another.
“Need help with something?” a voice spoke behind her.
Raven turned to see a girl with hot pink hair tied into giant pigtails. She had cat-like eyes and wore a deep purple dress that resembled a long shirt. It ended at her knees where purple-and-black striped stockings covered her legs. To complete the ensemble, she wore chunky black boots.
Basically, Raven was staring at a gothic Pippy Longstocking.
“Not really,” Raven answered.
The girl gave her an unreadable look. “You're Raven Roth.”
It was more a statement than a question, and it startle Raven a bit.
“You're in here everyday. Did a background check.”
Raven raised a brow, trying to keep down her alarm. “You… what?”
“I learned how to do background checks so I could do research on my teachers,” she shrugged as if it were nothing, “You know, find a weakness. Anyway, didn't want someone coming in here and screwing up my favorite section, so I made sure you didn't have a history or something.”
“O…kay… Is it all right if I'm a bit creeped out?”
The girl laughed. “You might as well know my name. They call me Jinx.”
Raven narrowed her eyes. “Who's they?”
A look of wonderment passed over Jinx's face. “You know, I have no idea.”
Raven felt like they were going to be friends.
`Crap.'
(page breaks are our friends)
Nine o' clock rolled around, and Raven was climbing the tree outside her window. She gripped the windowsill carefully and transferred her leg from the tree branch to the window. She kicked lightly and watched as the window swung open. Going in feet first, she slipped inside.
Something thumped downstairs and she froze. Someoen was coming up the stairs. Her backpack was instantly slung to the floor, her shoes were kicked off, and the window slammed shut (a bit too loud for her comfort.) She curled up in her bed, wrapping her covers around her clothes.
The door swung open, revealing a heavily built man. He smelt strongly of alcohol and lumbered in clumsily.
`Please go away,' she thought, `Just leave me alone, please.' She would never say this out loud, though, for two main reasons.
The man proved not to be a mind-reader as he swayed there, a scowl painted across his face. He was obviously displease to see her seemingly asleep. He leaned over her body, his breath hot and rank; she pushed down the gag-reflex and sat still, trying to keep her breathing even (though she doubted he would notice if it wasn't.) He grunted and left.
Raven let out a sigh of relief and reached beneath her bed, pulling out a browning apple. She sighed as she bit into it.
Dinner, third night in a row.
 
Author(ess) Time!!
I try to write long chapters, but it is not within my ability. For that, I am deeply sorry.
I'm considering making Robin a bad guy (for a short time at least.) My friend Soularia Reed (ff penname) gave me that idea since I haven't fitted him into the story yet.
Next time we get to meet the new kid, and lunch gets stranger.\
Responding to reponses:
Mad Mauser- I am playing with the idea of Robin being a bad guy, but I'm not sure yet. You never know. I mean, I made Jinx a (kinda) good guy.
kmutt- …A sad ending, eh? That would be fun. I bet I could manage to kill Raven off… Or not.
lol61188- I'll try and update sooner next time. My mind has a mind of its own.
BoredandEvil- There are probably hundreds of stories like this, but I'm sure I can spice things up a bit. Knowing me, I'll probably add something to torture the characters a bit.
NumbuhZero- No, Roy's Speedy. Robin will be Dick Grayson (in case you're wondering.) Though I might make him a tiny bit better than Speedy.
zerowolfgirl- Still think I update quick? I don't. I hope there aren't that many errors. I'm kinda a grammar freak. You're like psychic. The next chapter is when Star gets in, and their friendship's gonna be a strange one (isn't it already.)
nightwingluver- ^__^ Thanks!
dark girl- ^__^ Did I mention I was a grammar freak (and that I keep hitting the caps-lock key?) Well, at least you complimented my story (I can't help but have the feel you were being sarcastic about your grammar.)
animeobsessed3191- ^__^ We all have things we're a bit possessive of. My friend has imaginary friends, I have notebooks that if anyone touches, they get thrown into a boiling pit of lava, and you have your stories. We're all different people.
Pyrotechnic- No one's rated me before! ^__^!!
Loviegurlie- I am full of awesomeness. It's what I do. ^__^ I'll try and update sooner. But the computer games… They call to me… (Not to mention the webcomics.)
RavenFlyingSolo- Who doesn't love Gar? Sorry `bout the shortness. It's something I need to work on.
Hanita-chan- I think I beat you on updating. Ah, well.
Angel Caida- Praise me, and my ego grows. Well, not really, `cause I stop caring a bit later, but I love it when people tell me they like my stories.
Thanks for reviewing, and to those who haven't clicked the button yet, do it NOW!!