Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Normal Like You ❯ New Girls and Lunches ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm going to Florida on Saturday, so I'm updating this for next week. I just thought you might like to know this.
On a quick sidenote, I am only going to say this one more time: I cannot write long chapters. I have tried and failed on many occasions. If I write a long chapter, then good things have finally come to me, but that might not happen for a bit. I am deeply sorry. Now, read my story or I hurt you.
Normal Like You
Chapter 4: New Girls and Lunches
Raven had been bothered by one fact all week.
She was making friends.
`Whatever happened to the creepy girl that everyone ignored?' she thought sullenly, `Now two people eat lunch with me and someone shares my interest in occult books.'
She sighed as she settled into the seat in the back of the class, noticing how gar had already sat in the seat next to hers. They shared the same fourth period, which gave her the creepy sensation that he had noticed her before.
“Thank God it's Friday,” he said as she sat down, “I can't stand school.”
“I think Friday mornings are the most torturous part of the week,” she answered without thinking; something she'd been doing a lot lately, “The weekend is there, but you have to wait seven more hours in this hellhole.”
He leaned back in his seat. “So what do you normally do during the weekends?”
`Hide,' she thought but shrugged. “Read.” Not a complete lie. She'd spent most of her time in the library. “I assume you do something idiotic and time-wasting.”
“Nope,” he grinned, “I head over to Vic's and play video games. He has the coolest systems.”
“I stand corrected,” she said sarcastically.
He narrowed his eyes at her. “As if reading's much better. We're both just playing in a fantasy world. `Sides video games take logic and intellect. Not to mention awesome ninja skills.”
“That was almost insightful.”
Gar opened his mouth to retort, but the bell rand, and the teacher began his lesson. After a few minutes, everyone had tuned out completely, and both Gar and Raven had taken to doodling on their notes.
The door opened a crack, and a nervous-looking girl poked her head through. A few students who weren't snoring on desktops looked up in interest. The girl steeped inside anxiously, interrupting the teacher.
“Ah, yes,” he said, “I was told to expect a new student today. Your name?”
“Um,” the girl's eyes flitted around uncertainly, “My name is Kori Anders.”
“Well, Miss Andes, why don't you take a seat next to Miss Roth back there.”
Almost all of the students had taken to staring at the new girl. She was stunning, really, with fire-red hair and bright green eyes that almost glowed with an unearthly light. She was wearing a purple tank top and a purple skirt that stopped just above her knees and purple boots that rose to where her skirt cut off. Her skin was a deep tan as if she'd been basking in the sun all day.
“Hello,” she whispered as the teacher continued his lesson, “I do not believe I heard your name.”
Raven suppressed a groan. More giving out her name to random strangers she was forced to sit with. Turning to face the girl, she whispered reluctantly, “Raven.” From the corner of her eye, she saw Gar giving her a pointed look. “That is Gar.”
“You are friends?” Kori asked in a bit of wonder. They looked so different: Raven wore her black sweatshirt, the hood shadowing her face, though her blue eyes shone as if aided by supernatural light. Wisps of purple hair poked stubbornly though the hood.
Gar had a mischievous look to him. He looked open and cheerful, the exact opposite of Raven. He wore a baggy white shirt with Bit3 /\/\3 written across the chest. His jeans were a khaki color and he wire tennis shoes while Raven seemed happy with combat boots.
“Yeah, I guess,” Raven muttered as she continued her sketch. For a moment, something like hurt flashed in Gar's eyes, but neither noticed.
Kori looked down at her legs, an apprehensive expression crossing her face. “Might I be your friend?”
Raven glanced up, startled. She seemed to take a moment too long to answer for Gar, and he jabbed her with his pencil.
“Ow,” she hissed, “Stop that.”
Gar leaned over he desk and grinned at Kori. “Don't mind her. She likes her mystery girl routine. Having friends ruins that image. Plus she doesn't like people.”
“Fortunately for Gar,” she swatted him with her notebook, “he doesn't qualify as human.”
He stuck his tongue out at her, and she rolled her eyes.
“Of course you can be our friend,” he reclined into his desk, “How `bout you eat lunch with us.”
“That would be joyous!” Kori said happily. Both Gar and Raven arched a brow but returned to staring at the desk they were sitting at. Kori gazed around the room, noticing how some students had fallen back asleep. She leaned towards Raven and whispered, “Is this class not important?”
Raven didn't look up. “No, not really. I amuse myself by drawing.”
The new girl bent over Raven's papers to get a better look. “Aww, how cute! It's a puppy!” Her expression turned to a confused one. “What is that?”
Raven grinned. “It's a fifty-pound weight dropping on the cute puppy.”
They both knew this would be a strange friendship.
(page break!!)
With Kori at the lunch table, the meals became a bit stranger. As Vic had his feast of dead animals and Gar attacked his garden, Kori seemed to slobber everything in mustard. Her ham and pickled sandwich was dipped in mustard, and Raven swore she saw mushrooms.
She glanced between the three lunches then down at her apple and bottle of water. Suddenly, she didn't feel so hungry.
Author Time:
Okay, so that was a longer chapter. Next chapter will be kinda Kori-oriented because I need to establish a relationship between her and Robin. It's important that they get invited to his party.
You reviews make my world go round:
dark-demon2156- I think I updated fairly quickly, don't you?
They-Call-Me-Orange- I'll see if I can answer your questions. Yeah, she only lives with her dad. I'll try and give more description. I mean, it's only the fourth chapter. I'm glad someone's so interested! ^__^
no name- Going to Finnish, eh? My friend's Finnish. I suppose I should give you a name too. Hm… You shall be… Susan Sally What's-Her-Name. ^__^
Mav Gauntlet- I update quick-like. Yay!
Jackalobe- I love Aqualad/Speedy pairing, but I don't think I could write it. Plus, Speedy's a womanizer at heart. We got Kori here, let's see what we can do with Dick.
titansfani- Poor Raven indeed. I think I'll get Gar to cuddle her so she can feel better.
RavenFlyingSolo- ^__^ I might add a tiny bit of Jinx/Cy to this. I like that pairing as much as I like Bee/Cy.
Wishful Thinker Of Worst Intentions- Wow. I updated fast. Cool!
WickedWitchoftheSE- We need to start a Help the Ravens fund where everyone flames Trigon. Whee! Flames. ^__^
Anonymous- You really really what?! Ack!! The suspense!! You need a name too. You can be Pink Pucket Paul.
Hanita-chan- I hate all my old stories. My newer ones are fun!
Mad Mauser- No, she's not Wiccan. Though I am considering to add a bit of Wiccan flair if I can get Malchior in here, but that probably won't happen.
animeobsessed3191- …Fine. You take the idea. (Well, you thought of it.) Rocking back and forth like a crazy person is fun!