Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Normal Like You ❯ Bad Day ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I lost the petition. So that sucks.
I started school. So that sucks.
I hate school. So that sucks.
This is kinda fun.
Normal Like You
Chapter 8: Bad Day
It was amazingly quiet lunch for our four main characters. Kori seemed lost in her mustard-and-mushroom sandwich, Gar was strangely silent, Vic had yet to make a crack about Gar's eating habits, and Raven had buried herself in a book.
Yes, it was quiet.
And it was bugging the hell out of Raven.
She glanced at each of her new friends through the top of her novel. Normally, she would've relished such silence (as anytime she was with Gar or Kori, they wouldn't leave her alone), but she'd never realized how creep it truly was. Just as she was about to say something, she noticed Kori's eyes grow wide.
Someone placed a hand on Kori's head, pushing it down. The three remaining glanced up at the newcomer, surprised. The stranger had black hair the same length as Kori's and strangely purple eyes. She wore a silver long-sleeve shirt with a purple spaghetti strap over t and a short purple skirt.
Kori's eyes were no longer wide but instead half-lidded in a glum look. “Hello, sister.”
“That's no way to greet me,” Kori's now-proclaimed sister laughed, “I see you've made friends.”
Kori glanced up at this comment. Her eyes flickered with worry. “Er, yes. This is my sister, Amanda.”
Vic gave a short, “yo.” Raven just stared.
“Listen,” Amanda said, “I need to borrow money for lunch.”
“Of course, sister,” Kori knelt down for a moment. When she came back up, se was holding a few bills. “What happened to your money?”
“I spent it.”
“But that was our money for the whole week!”
“And I saw cute shoes,” Amanda slapped her sister on the back, “Lighten up. It's only a bit of cash.”
The three watched the transition. It was intriguing to all of them, as all of them were only children. Were all siblings this cruel or was Kori just lucky?
Amanda gave a smile and a wave and left.
“My sister likes to have her way,” Kori mumbled.
The three took this as an opportunity not to say anything.
Raven felt a shiver run down her spine when an overly sweet voice spoke out.
“Kori, right?”
To Raven, it was attack of the things that bug Raven day.
To Kori, it was oh my God kill me day.
To the boys, it was entertainment.
Kitten placed a perfectly manicured hand on Kori's shoulder. “You're sister's told me about you.”
Kori took up the hand like one would pick up a dead animal and let it drop. “I would not believe everything my sister says.”
Kitten swept back a strand of blond hair. “So I shouldn't believe her when she says you have a crush on Dick Grayson?”
Kori remembered what Raven had said. “I never told her such a thing, so I am not sure where she got such an idea.”
Kitten frowned. “I just thought I should warn you, in case your sister was telling the truth, that Dick is mine. Just because he invited you to his party doesn't mean you can move in on my territory.” She cut a glare to Raven. “Is there something you want to say, Roth.”
Raven gave a fake smile. “Just that you sound more obnoxious than ever and your new nose is looking lovely.”
Kitten leaned over the table, one hand on her hip. “I better not see you at the party, Roth. I don't need you pestering my Dick.”
“Then you should stop acting like one.”
“Listen you little witch-”
Raven stood. “In case you're wondering, I have no intention of acknowledging your existence. I'm only going because I'm forced to. And, for the record, Dick doesn't even like you. Perhaps you need to tighten your hold on reality.”
She turned to leave when Kitten yanked on her arm, pushing her into the table. Anger flared up along with pain, and she pulled her arm free, using her other to thrust Kitten's behind her back.
Don't touch me,” she hissed and let go. Without a word, she walked out of the cafeteria.
Kitten flexed her wrist, meticulously checking each nail. Seeming satisfied, she turned to the remaining members of the table with a sick grin. “I hope you said goodbye to your friend.”
All four felt that sinking feeling that always meant: “this is not going to end well.”
(page break)
“Friend Raven, I feel like this is all my fault.”
“It wasn't, Kori. That's not the first time I've had a run in with Kitten. She's just a bitch. Most people learn to get past it.”
Jinx peeked over the counter. “What happened?”
Raven settled into one of the chairs, relishing the warm scent, like ancient paper. “Kitten gave me a hard time, so I bruised her a bit. I'm just glad I didn't break one of her nails. I'd have a lawsuit on my hands.”
Kori gave an anxious jump. “But she would not have bothered you if it were not for me.”
“Kitten bothers whoever she wants whenever she wants. It's just one of her many flaws.”
“But-”
Jinx held up a hand. “Don't sweat it. It's not the first time Raven's gotten into a fight with Kitten.”
Raven cocked an eyebrow. “How long have you known me?”
“You got three detentions this semester for fighting with her. It's in your school records.”
“What else does my school record say?”
“You're a good student with an attitude problem.”
“I can live with that.”
Kori did another little jump, drawing their attention to her. “Perhaps if you apologized to Kitten you would become friends…”
Raven and Jinx blinked. Without warning, they broke into uncontrollable laughter that caused Kori to step back. Jinx rolled onto her back, hugging herself as her body shook with laughter, and Raven tried (unsuccessfully) to quiet herself as she pulled her hood up, hands shaking.
“That…” Raven took a deep breath, “…That is the fun… funniest thing I have ever heard.”
Jinx rolled out from behind the counter, resting her back on the chair. “I swear that is the first time anyone has suggested to `make friends' with Kitten.”
Kori tugged her hair nervously. Raven shook her head, her usual stoic demeanor returning.
“Kori, o one can `make friends' with that girl. I think everyone in the school- teachers included- wants to throw her in front of a bus.”
She'd throw anyone in front of a bus, friend or not,” Jinx added.
“I did not realize this Kitten character was so despicable.”
“Few people do at first, but talk to her for five minutes and you want to choke her with piano wire.”
“I dunno,” Jinx had a dreamy look on her face, “I always imagined her in one of those hostage situations. Her dad's finally getting rid of her, so he doesn't pay up. One little bang and it's all over.”
Raven stretched against the chair. “You have issues don't you?”
“See, it started when I was like five-”
“I'm not paid to be your therapist.”
“You're not paid to be my anything.”
“Exactly.”
Jinx waved a hand in front of her face. “Anyway, what'd she threaten you with?”
“I'm not allowed to go to the party.”
“You're still going, right?”
“Only because and Gar and Kori would kidnap me if I didn't.”
Jinx raised an eyebrow. “Who's Gar?”
“An annoying friend.”
“You seem to have many of those.”
“Yes. Any normal person would know not to go near me.”
“Pity. If not for you, I would be severely bored.”
Raven sighed. “I need to stop making friends.”
Author Notes:
I'm gonna try and keep the updates weekly. I hate school. Though I do love the vending machines. Not to mention my Latin class.
Amanda is (obviously) Blackfire. I really didn't want to use the name “Koma” (Komand'r, isn't it?), so I used what a bunch of other people have used. Considering the plot of this story, I didn't think you would mind.
Next chapter's the actual party. I did say it wouldn't be long, didn't I?
Thanks to those who reviewed!
RavenFlyingSolo, jjangel9325232, Lily of the Shadow, meangirl101, The Mad shoe, Valda, pyrotechnic, RupertLover09, animeobsessed3191, Mad Mauser, Bunnysquirrel, MillicentRaven, BlackBloodyTears, Saint Raven, raven rocks