Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Normal Like You ❯ The Party ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I figured out why getting to this chapter took less time then I thought. Last chapter I combined two chapters. Ah, well. It was longer that way.
If anyone wants to hear me bitch a lot, I have a xanga site (xanga. com/ cindersella) If you wanna read stuff I haven't posted, you can go to my livejournal account. livejournal. Com /users /psychodeathwish
Normal Like You
Chapter 9- The Party
“Did I mention I hate parties?”
“Twice now. Have you ever actually been to a party?”
“No. What the hell is Gar doing?”
“Something strange.”
“Where'd Kori go?”
Richard, asked her to dance.”
“ `Richard?'”
“She learned that was Dick's real name and won't stop calling him that.”
“And where's Kitten?”
“She hasn't arrived yet.”
“Good for Kori.”
Raven watched Gar sidle up to a few blonds. He seemed to have no restrictions with flirting with women and made sure to flirt with every passing blond (they seemed his favorite.) Vic had sat beside her dutifully, trying to get her in `party mode.' She had responded with her latest catchphrase.
“Í hate parties.”
“Was that four or five? I'm losing track.”
She smirked at him. “Must be old age.”
“I'm barely a year older than you.”
Gar was chatting with some blond who was clearly amused by his antics. Raven shook her soda can, making sure there was no liquid left, and tossed it at his head. She was not disappointed.
Gar sat down next to her glumly. “What was that for?”
“I'm evil, remember.”
Vic laughed. Suddenly, something (or someone) caught his attention and he gave them a nervous smile. “Uh, I'll be back in a few.”
They watched him cross the room and casually walk up to a small African-American girl with tow buns sticking out of her head (thankfully not giving her a Princess Lei look.) He said something and she smiled.
“Who's that?” Raven asked, not necessarily to Gar.
“Karen Beecher. Vic has a huge crush on her. Better than the girl a few years back. He had this whole `bad boy' persona and really liked this one chick… I think she had pink hair or something.”
Raven cocked an eyebrow. `Pink hair? How many pink-haired girls can there be?' She swiveled in her seat (a barstool nailed next to a bar counter with the liquor cabinet unceremonially chained shut so no teenager would get to it. This did not account for the fact that many had brought their own alcohol from home) and let her hood fall. “Vic doesn't have a bad boy side. He's too cuddly.”
Gar laughed. “I'll have to tell him you said that.” He glanced at her hood then at her face before turning back to watching Vic. “What's with that stupid sweater?”
She ignored the stupid comment. “What do you mean?”
“You always wear it. I've never seen you without it. Why?”
She could've made a number of lies: it was her dead mother's; she always felt extremely cold without it' she wasn't wearing anything underneath (her favorite, just to see Gar's face); or she could tell the truth. She chose the in-between.
“Why do you care?” she said.
He shrugged.
“Perhaps I should make up some wild conspiracy theory. Hm… Ah! I have a secret boyfriend who's running from the law. He gave me this sweater (which was his, have I mentioned) to prove he would come back for me when he got his name cleared. For you see his family was framed by a rivaling pizza corporation (and Starbucks.) He's out for revenge. At least I have his sweater; he may never come back.”
Gar smirked. He swiveled to face her and held out a hand. “Do you think your secret boyfriend would mind if I danced with you?”
She felt her heart stop then quicken. What was this? He was just asking her to dance, and she would quickly refuse anyway…
“No,” she said. In her mind she heard a relieved sigh. Why was she freaking out over Gar?
“I could always leave you alone with Roy over there…” He jabbed a thumb behind him where she saw the only red hair that would make her seize up in agony and annoyance.
“You wouldn't dare,” she growled through clenched teeth.
“I think I wou-”
Before he could finish his sentence, Gar was shoved from the stool by- none other than- Roy. He fell back with a yelp as Roy grabbed her hand and jerked her up. She yanked herself away from his grip and leaned over to make sure Gar was okay.
“What's you're hurry, Roth?” Roy said in a cold voice.
`Gee, where did the love go?' she thought sarcastically. “To get away from you,” she growled. “Where else?”
“Don't worry about that loser. I'm here now.”
“Listen, Roy. If you wanted to get into my pants, all you had to do was ask. I would've told you right off that you'll have better luck getting some from Dick Grayson.” She held out a hand to help Gar up when Roy snatched her back.
“Come on, Roth. At least let me get you a soda.”
“Will you leave me alone?”
He grinned. “Sure.”
She made sure he was out of range before stepping towards Gar again.
“I hate that guy,” he muttered.
“Don't we all,” she said, her tone light for once. She turned to him with a sardonic grin. “You truly are the lesser of two evils.”
“Gee, thanks.”
“Well, this is turning out as painful as I thought it would be.”
He tilted his head. “I'm feeling vengeful.”
“Oh?”
“How many times have you thwarted my plans?”
She raised an eyebrow.
“Okay, okay. How many times have you thrown a can at my head?”
“Two, maybe ten times.”
He grinned. “Bye, Rae.”
“What?! No!”
Roy was beside her in a moment. “Soda?”
“Where's Gar? I need to kill him.”
He put a soda in front of her face. Damn her need for caffeine. She grabbed it and took a sip. It was a little fizzy… Then again, most soda was. Giving Roy a sideways look, she downed the rest of it, hoping Gar's hair would pop out so she could aim it at his head again.
She completely missed Roy's knowing smirk.
(paging breaking)
Giggles. An eruption of mad giggles. Raven couldn't quite remember what she was laughing at, but it was funny. Someone had his arm around her shoulder and was pressing dangerously close. Gar had disappeared, but her mind was too fuzzy to think much on it. Had it been hours or minutes since he'd gotten his `vengeance?' Whether it was Roy that still had his grip on hr or not she did not know.
Someone (Roy, probably) leaned close and whispered something in her ear. She found it extremely funny and broke into another giggling fit.
Suddenly she was being kissed. A deep kiss that nearly bruised her mouth. The mystery lips moved down her neck, nipping her skin as they moved past. Her vision blurred as the kisses came down harder. What was wrong with her? Who was kissing her? Was it Gar? Or Roy? It couldn't be Gar… She could see him, the only clear thing in the room. His jade yes flashing with hurt and jealousy and fury. Her body was numb, and she couldn't move her mouth. She wanted to call out to him. All she could feel were the biting kisses and their tingling aftereffects.
Then everything went black.
Author Notes:
It would've been longer if not for the fact that I cut out a chunk of it. I just didn't like it.
Vic's `bad boy days' was a bit of a reference to the fact that he hung out with a bad crowd before his `accident.'
“Just because you're evil on the inside doesn't mean you can't be pretty on the outside.”
Next chapter: Raven wakes up to a surprise…