Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans High School Musical Christmas special ❯ Planning a White Christmas ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
Everyone just sat where they were, gawking at the screen with wide eyes and wide open jaws “Man…!” cried Vic, “That is cold!”
 
Dick finally could understand, “It's no wonder Garfield hates Christmas. He doesn't know what it's like to be happy.”
 
Kori looked as if she was going to cry. Just the very thought of someone being all alone for so many years was enough to make her feel like killing herself out of guilt. It didn't seem fair…
 
This was even one of those situations where none of them could just go up to Garfield and say they understood how he felt, when the fact is they wouldn't. True some of them probably were orphans themselves, but the fact was they got to have second chances. They actually had new families, new friends… and Garfield was all on his own, without a friend in the world!
 
The Goths were most amazed and shocked at the same time. It was one thing for them to figure out that Garfield was their favorite author and narrator of the Mysterious Theater books, but to find out that Mysterious Theater was in fact a real place, and a nightmare to all? That was too much! Even they, themselves, had never come across places darker than that…
 
Terra, however, finally knew the truth. Garfield acted the way he was because he felt betrayed by humanity, and those who were offering him friendship, he had to decline for fear of his horror-filled life to bring them harm. “Garfield…!” she muttered under her breath, but she didn't know what else to think or say.
 
For that matter, neither did the others…
 
 
The next day, only another two days before the dance. Everything was all set up and ready, but, the gang had already lost more than half their spirits worrying about Garfield, who was, once again, sitting by himself and buried in his studies, and looking just as bored and exhausted as always.
 
Dick couldn't stand this anymore, “You know what were going to do…?” he told the others, “We're going to find a way to help him.”
 
Vic was up for that, “But how?” he asked, “How can we help him…?”
 
The fact was Garfield was a very independent individual; didn't like to accept help form anyone as he had no trust, and never really relied so heavily on others before.
 
Then the idea hit Kori like a light-bulb to make it a Christmas surprise for him. This way he wouldn't have to know about it, and it would probably put a smile on his bitter-looking face.
 
There still, however, was the matter of how to help him. No one knew what to do for him. A lot of the students in school were either afraid of Garfield, because he was so smart and powerful, the rest all thought he was a major geek and not worth the time of day.
 
Terra couldn't show anyone the movie with all the answers on it, because she gave it back to Garfield earlier that day, and even if she hadn't, he had told her not to show it to anyone else.
 
Somehow, there had to be a way for Garfield to see that not the whole world was against him, and people didn't really hate him for who he was. Suddenly, “I think I got an idea…” she whispered to the others.
 
They all huddled around and began to go over Terra's idea. Everyone liked it a lot, “Man, that dude is in for a surprise.” Vic snickered.
 
Dick agreed, “We're going to give him the first White-Christmas he's had in a long time.”
 
They all called break, and began to put their plan into action… while Garfield actually decided to go for a little walk to clear his mind that he was going to spending another Christmas all alone…
 
As he walked down the streets with his cape fluttering in the breeze, he saw so many friends and families getting together, making him smile warmly, yet sadly. He so desperately wished his family never died and he never ended up like how he was…
 
(Music cue)
 
(Voice of Bing Crosby)
 
I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten and children listen
to hear sleigh bells in the snow

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten and children listen
to hear sleigh bells in the snow

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
with every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright,
and may all your Christmases be white

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
just like the ones I used to know
May your days be merry and bright,
and may all your Christmases be white

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
with every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright,
and may all your Christmases be white

May your days be merry and bright,
and may all your Christmases be white

And may all your Christmases be white
(All your Christmases be white)
And may all your Christmases be white
(All your Christmases be white)
And may all your Christmases be
(All your Christmases be white)
(All your Christmases be white)
 
 
Garfield sighed softly as he walked back to school…
 
As he walked up the stairs, he got hit by two enormous paper-balls, followed by the sound of Jackie and Jillian laughing. “Direct hit!” cried Jackie.
 
“Take that, Brat-Boy.” added Jillian.
 
Some of the other students who saw the commotion began to laugh at him too, but Garfield didn't say a word and just stood there with his arms folded and a sinister grin on his face.
 
“What are you staring at?” asked Jackie.
 
Garfield continued to grin widely, “You know… you two must have awful headaches.” He said to the naughty girls. “What are you talking about…?” snapped Jillian. “We don't have headaches.
 
“Oh, but I think you will…” said a voice from behind them. The girl turned round and saw Principal Shepard who saw what they did, and he was strict for improper conduct among students. “You two will have enormous headaches while you mop up every hall in this building!”
 
The girls gasped, and couldn't believe it. “Wait… you said school was practically canceled.” snapped Jackie.
 
“School WORK, is canceled, but the rules are to respected and followed.” replied Shepard, then he passed each other mops and buckets, “So… START MOPPING!” then he turned on his heel and left…
 
Garfield walked right in between the girls and mocked, “Happy cleaning, ladies! Heh, heh, heh…!”
 
The girls had been made a fool of once again.
 
Still, as Garfield walked back to his locker, he noticed something odd about it. “My lock…!” he muttered to himself. He always left the combo-dial set at zero, and it wasn't. Garfield sniffed at the locker and the lock itself. “Somebody's been here…!” he thought.
 
He opened the locker hastily. His books were there. So was his biker-helmet, and goggles, but, “Dude! My tape!” he cried as he scrounged around, “Where's my tape?” The tape with his life on it was gone, and he had no clue who found it. “If anyone sees what's on that tape, I am so busted!”