Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans: Slade's Return ❯ Starfire's realization ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3-Starfire’s realization.
Robin and Starfire had just returned from their search, which had proved to be pointless. Slade wasn’t at either of his old hideouts and there was no evidence anywhere to lead them to his new one. They’d even interrogated Killer Moth and Mumbo Jumbo, but they hadn’t heard anything.
But they did find out that Killer Moth’s daughter, Kitten and her spider headed boyfriend, Fang, had both recently escaped from prison. After they had rested up a little and checked in with Cyborg and Raven, Robin and Starfire were going to look for them.
They entered Cyborg’s room, where Cy had taken apart the camera. "Did you find anything Cyborg?" Asked Robin.
"Nothing. It’s just your standard video camera that could’ve been bought anywhere in the world." Cyborg huffed.
"What about Slade’s tape, is there anyway to find him on that?" Asked Starfire.
"Nothing on there either. It was closed in on Slade, couldn’t see the background. But don’t worry, I’m working on it."
"Keep going Cyborg, there has to be a way to find him." Said Robin, turning and walking towards the door.
"Where are you going Robin?" Asked Star.
"To look through all my old files on Slade, maybe I can find something in them."
Robin left the room but Starfire was close behind him. "Robin, should we not go see how Beast Boy is?" Asked Starfire.
"…Yes, we should." Said Robin as they neared Beast Boy’s room.
"Don’t bother."
Raven had just come out of BB’s room. "He is too distraught, yes Raven?" Asked Starfire.
"More than you could know. I had to tie him down with those unbreakable robes Red X was kind enough to provide us with last time we met. After that, I mixed up a potion. It was meant to relax him enough so he could sleep, but knocked him out straight away. I’m going to make the counter acting potion now, but he’ll just be the same as he was when he saw Terra." Said Raven.
"Just keep an eye on him for a while Raven. Other than Terra, you’re the only other girl Beast Boy connects to." Said Robin.
Raven nodded as she made her way towards her room. Robin walked towards the basement, Starfire at his heels. "Is there anything I can do to help you Robin?" Asked Starfire.
"Yes, help me get all the stuff I have on Slade from the basement. I need to look through them, see if I can find anything." Said Robin.
They opened the door, and began walking down the stairs. Robin looked at Starfire and noticed the sad look she was sporting, something that you never usually saw on the happy alien’s face. "Star, you OK?" Asked Robin.
"I am…sad for Beast Boy. The only time he was happy was when we made some progress in our research into bringing back Terra. And now…thanks to Slade…we can never bring her back…like we promised Beast Boy we would." Star said solemnly.
"I know Star, it really hurts. We think we see the last of Slade, and then he returns and hits us in the biggest way possible."
"There is something you are not telling me."
Robin looked at Star, wondering what she was talking about. "What do you mean Star?" Asked Robin.
"Slade, he’s not after all of us…is he." Said Starfire.
Oh shit, she knows.
"You and Terra were his first apprentices, and you both betrayed him. You returned to m…the Titans, and Terra made the ultimate sacrifice in order to save the city. Slade doesn’t want all of us, he only wants you and Terra."
They reached the bottom of the stairs, where Robin took Starfire’s hand to stop her from walking off. "Starfire…I would never let happen to you and the others…you know that, don’t you?" Asked Robin.
"Of course I know that Robin. But I’m afraid. I’m afraid that Slade will come for you and this time, he may succeed in destroying you." Said Starfire, as Robin pulled her into a hug and held her tightly.
So she doesn’t know…She doesn’t know that the only way that Slade could destroy me, is if he destroyed her first. I love you Star, and Slade knows it.
Starfire pulled back a little as they looked into each others eyes. "Robin…I…"
Before Starfire could finish, the alarms went off all over Titan’s tower. They both ran back up stairs to see Cyborg, Raven and a newly awakened Beast Boy standing in front of the big screen computer. "What’ve we got Cyborg?" Asked Robin.
"3 break-in’s, all at Jewelry stores. Gizmo and Mammoth at one, Jinx and Red X at another, and last but not least, Kitten and Fang at the biggest one of all." Said Cyborg.
"Alright. Who wants what?"
"I’ll take Red X and Jinx, I’ve got some toys I want to try out."
"I’ll handle Gizmo and Mammoth." Said Raven.
"And I’m going with you!" Hissed Beast Boy.
The mood he was in, no one wanted to argue with him. "That leaves you and me with Fang and Kitten Starfire. Alright, Titans, move out!" Said Robin, and the Titan’s went after their enimies.

~~~Slade’s Hideout.~~~

Slade turned off the hidden camera, the one that the Titan’s never located after Terra betrayed them. Yes, good Robin. You’re playing right into my hands. I told you I’d get you where it would hurt you the most. And once Fang and Kitten are defeated, your demise can truly begin.