Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans: Slade's Return ❯ The Mystery Apprentice is Revealed ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer- Sorry, I should have put this in the first 3 chapters...I do not own any of the characters in this story, so there’s no reason to sue. I hope you enjoy this as it is my first attempt at a Teen Titan fiction. It’s set 2 year after they defeated Slade and Terra was turned to stone.

Chapter 4- The Mystery Apprentice is revealed.

"OK guys, be on your guard! These guys are working for Slade, so they must have some new tricks up their sleeves." Said Robin over his communicator.

"Don’t worry, I can handle Red X and his toys. It’s Jinx that’ll be trouble." Said Cyborg.

"It’s Gizmo and Mammoth that I’m worried. Beast Boy is out for blood…" Said Raven.

"And tonight, their blood will spilt." Hissed Beast Boy.

"Beast Boy, you are frightening me. You have never wanted to shed blood before." Said Starfire.

"That was before Slade destroyed my life!"

"Beast Boy! Just stop whatever they’re doing and wait for the police. We want to detain them long enough to find out where Slade is hiding. Good Luck Titans, Move out."

~~~Slade’s hideout.~~~

"Excellent. They’re playing right into my hands." Said Slade.

"Well what do you expect master. They haven’t fought you in over 2 years, so naturally, they’ll be a little sloppy." Said the Mystery Apprentice.

"Yes, they won’t even see you coming. Now go, wait for Robin and Starfire to fight with Fang and Kitten. Once the battle is over…well…you know what to do."

"Yes master…I will capture the key to Robin’s demise. You don’t know how long I have waited for this."

~~~1st robbery scene.~~~~

Cyborg stepped out of his car and looked around. Nothing was out of the ordinary, except for the broken window of the jewellery store. And judging by the bangs and crashes coming from inside, he guessed that the thieves were still there.

"Time to crash the party."

Cyborg smiled as he cracked his knuckles and walked towards the broken window. He saw Red X and Jinx grabbing the jewels as fast as they could. He decided to listen for a while. "I don’t see why Slade needs all these Jewels. It’s not like he’s gonna use them for anything!" Hissed Jinx.

"Guess again babe. These are what he’s using to pay his top apprentice." Said Red X.

"WHAT! Then why won’t he pay us!"

"He has ‘other’ methods of making us help him. Remember?"

Red X held up his wrist, showing the large metal band with Slade’s trademark ‘S’ symbol. Jinx shrunk back, then looked at the similar band on her wrist. "So unless you want him to activate these, I suggest you shut up and grab the rocks!" Yelled Red X.

"And I suggest that you surrender peacefully, or I’ll have to take you both out!"

Cyborg had quickly climbed into the store as the two had argued. Jinx stepped back. "Cyborg!" She yelled.

"Yeah, it’s me Jinx. Now, both of you drop the gems and put your hands behind your heads!" Shouted Cyborg.

"If you insist." Said Red X, dropping his bag.

But then, he shot a laser X at Cyborg, which he only just managed to dodge. Cyborg’s face fell as he saw the X shaped cut in the wall. "DUDE! YOU ALMOST CUT ME INTO PIECES!" Yelled Cy.

"That was the general idea!" Shouted Red X, firing another blast that forced Cyborg to jump back out onto the street.

Red X jumped out as Jinx ran to the window. She could only watch helplessly as Red X and Cyborg fired blast upon blast at each other.

~~~2nd robbery site.~~~

Raven and Beast Boy arrived at the next jewellery store, which specialised in purple stones as well as other gems. "What would Gizmo and Mammoth be doing in a place like that?" Raven thought out loud.

"Who cares, let just go get them!" Hissed Beast Boy.

He was about to run in when Raven used her powers to hold him in place. "Wait, listen to what they’re saying. they may have a lead on Slade." She told him.

And with much reluctance, BB calmed down. They etched towards the wall that had blown up, hearing Gizmo’s and Mammoth’s shouts of glee. "WAAAHOO!!! Look at all these sparkly rocks!" Shouted Mammoth.

"Yeah, I’ll Slade will even let us keep some of them if we get all these jewels!" Shouted Gizmo.

"Good idea! I’ll deal with the rest of these cases, you go crack the vault."

"…That’s actually a good idea. Why didn’t I think of it?"

"Because you’re a short, ugly little egomaniac."

"WHAT!"

Raven and Beast Boy stood in the centre of the room, Raven used her powers so they could phase in. Before raven could say anything, Beast Boy turned into bear and went straight after Mammoth. Mammoth dropped the bag of jewels and brought his hands up to defend himself. Soon, the two were grappling with each other.
Raven tried to shout over to Beast Boy but Gizmo began firing his laser guns at her Raven brought up her shield in order to defend herself. "What are you doing here Gizmo? What are you after!" Shouted Raven.

"Wouldn’t you like to know, snot-crust." Laughed Gizmo.

But Raven powered up a little and blasted Gizmo away from her, causing Gizmo to drop his bag. Raven opened it to see thousands of purple diamonds. ‘What would Slade want with all these?’

Beast Boy’s cries brought Raven out of her thoughts.

~~~3rd Robbery Scene.~~~

Robin and Starfire arrived just as Fang and Kitten were leaving the store. They were shock to see what had happened to Kitten. She had grown fangs, blonde fur covered her body, her ears were now pointed and she had grown and tail. "Well well well. If isn’t my little robbie-poo, and that bitch who ruined my prom-night!" Shouted Kitten.

"I did no such thing. You’re evil and you had to be stopped." Shouted Starfire., charging up her star bolts.

"What happened to you?" Asked Robin.

"Oh this. This is just a little genetic experimentation. Now I really live up to my name."

"Give up you two, you can’t beat us." Said Robin, getting his bow staff ready for battle.

"We’ll see bird brain!" Shouted Fang.

He then began spitting acid at them, while Kitten began shooting razor sharp spikes at Starfire. Starfire screamed as one shot past her arm, cutting the flesh. Robin tried to come to her aid but Fang began using his arms and all of his legs to fight with him. Robin used his staff to bat Fangs legs away, and Starfire had taken control of her fight with Kitten, grabbing the blonde feline and throwing her into the wall. Kitten landed on the wall and jumped back at Star.

~~~1st crime scene.~~~

A laser X almost hit Cyborg, but he retaliated with a blast from his sonic cannon. But then, Cyborg was caught unawares as Red X got in behind him and sent Cyborg flying into the wall and keeping him there with the X-barrier shield, a new toy from Slade. Cyborg tried to free himself, but every time he moved, he was given a huge electric shock "Looks like I win." Gloated X as he prepared another X laser.

Cyborg tried to free himself, but it was no use. Cyborg closed his eyes, preparing himself for the blast. But it never came. Then, he felt himself falling and landing hard on the ground. After rubbing the sore spot on his butt, Cy opened his eye and saw Red X over by the store window. Hovering over him…was Jinx. Cyborg was utterly shocked. "Jinx…you saved me…why?" Asked Cyborg.

"I’m tired of being Slade’s little witch. I’ve decided to…AGRH!"

Jinx screamed in pain as the wrist band began to shock her. "JINX!"

Cyborg ran over but Jinx stopped him. "It’s set to explode! You can’t stop it!" She shouted.

"Oh yes I can!"

Cyborg grabbed her wrist and the band. In one swift motion, he pulled off the band. Then he threw it into the air, and shot it with a huge sonic blast. Before it hit, Cyborg grabbed Jinx and shielded her from the blast. The explosion was massive, but unfortunately, it stopped them from seeing Red X escape with the gems. After the blast dissipated, Cyborg looked down and saw that Jinx had her arms around his neck and was pressing herself closer to him. But when she realised how close they were, Jinx quickly let go. "Uh…thanks Cyborg…for getting the bomb off of me." She said, a slight blush creeping into her cheeks.

"…Your welcome, but now, I want answers. What were you doing in the jewellery store just now?"

"Red X and I were stealing some jewels for Slade. From what Red X told me, the jewels are payment for Slade’s top apprentice."

"And how did Slade talk you and Red X into joining?"

"It’s too long a story to tell you now. But I can tell you that Slade wants her to capture Starfire."

"WHAT?!"

"Slade knows that the way to get to Robin is through Starfire, so he hired her to capture your friend and use her against Robin."

"We gotta warn Robin."

Cyborg tried using his arm phone to try and contact Robin, but his communicator wasn’t responding. "Damn, I can’t reach him…Quick, get in the car. We’ll pick up Raven and Beast Boy on the way!" Said Cyborg.

"What do you have in mind Cyborg?" Asked Jinx as she climbed in the passenger side.

"Nothing yet, but we have to get to Robin before this special apprentice makes her move."

~~~2nd crime scene.~~~

Raven looked over and saw Beast Boy with everything from the waist down, buried underneath a tonne of rubble. "Beast Boy!" Shouted Raven, almost dropping the bag.

"NO! STOP THEM RAVEN!" Beast Boy yelled.

Gizmo had his hand over his ear. "Mammoth, we gotta move. Jinx blew it, she’s on her way here with that cyber booger, Cyborg." He said.

"Oh great! Well, let’s finish off these two before we make off with the gems!" Said Mammoth.

"You’re not going anywhere!" Hissed Raven.

"Oh yeah, well it looks like you gotta choice to make." Said Gizmo, aiming his laser gun and firing above Beast Boy.

The roof began to crumble. "Either capture us, or save the runt. You’re choice babe! HA HA!"

Mammoth and Gizmo grabbed the jewels and made a run for it. Raven saw the roof begin to fall and flew over to cover Beast Boy. "AZORATH METRION ZIN…ARGHHHH!"

"RAVEN!!!!!!"

All the rocks fell on to Raven, and she didn’t have time to put up a shield around herself, because she had used all her power to protect Beast Boy. When the rocks finally stopped falling, Beast Boy turned into a Rhino and lifted himself up out of the rubble. Then, he turned into a mole and began tunnelling through the rocks to find Raven. After a few moments, Beast Boy the Gorilla lifted himself out, with an unconscious Raven cradled in his arms. He jumped down to the flat ground and laid Raven down. He changed back as to normal and held Raven in his arms. "No…Raven, wake up Raven."

He brushed the hair out of her face, and then grabbed his communicator. "Cyborg! It’s Beast Boy, come in…please!!" He shouted.

"‘BB, thank god! I thought you were hurt!’ " Cy answered.

"Raven’s hurt Cyborg! I need you to get over here now!"

"‘We’re almost there BB, just try to wake her up a little!’ "

Beast Boy shut the communicator. He brushed his hand over Raven’s face. "Please, don’t leave me Raven. I’ve lost Terra, I can’t lose you too."

~~~3rd Crime scene.~~~

Robin and Starfire threw the now tied up Fang and Kitten by the broken wall. "We are victorious Robin!" Starfire cried out happily.

"I don’t know. I think they gave up to easily Starfire. What would they have to gain by giving up?" Said Robin.

"How about this Bird boy."

They turned towards the voice but then they were both shot in the arm with something. Then they saw her, Slade’s new apprentice. "BLACKFIRE!" Yelled Starfire.

"That’s right little sister, I’m Slade’s new no.1 apprentice." Blackfie said mockingly.

Robin and Starfire fell to their knees. "What did you hit us with?" Robin asked.

"Oh…this? This is just a little tranquilliser Slade provided me with."

Starfire fell to the ground and lost consciousness. Robin was about to join her. Blackfire walked over to Fang and Kitten and released them. They grabbed the jewels and made their escape, while Blackfire continued mocking Robin and Starfire. "And in answer to your earlier question Robin, Fang and Kitten weren’t fighting to win. They were wearing you down, making it so much easier to use this and capture…you’re one true love."

Blackfire ran her hand through Starfire’s bangs, noting Robin’s growl and his attempt to bat her hand away. Blackfire backed off, and she saw Robin fall to his chest, and grab Star’s hand in the process. "Slade was right about you Robin. You’re greatest weakness…is you’re heart."

With that, Blackfire kicked Robin away and grabbed Starfire. "See you later Robin. We’ll send you a message soon." She said, as she threw Starfire over her shoulder and flew away.

Robin reached out to where she was flying. There was only thing that went through his mind as he lost consciousness. "Star…fire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well that took a while to write, OK. Before I write another chapter, I’d really like some reviews. Just to let me know what you guys think and if you have any ideas. Believe me, any kind of input would be appreciated