Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans: Slade's Return ❯ Jinx tells all ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer- I do not own any of the characters in this story, so there’s no reason to sue. I hope you enjoy this as it is my first attempt at a Teen Titan fiction. It’s set 2 year after they defeated Slade and Terra was turned to stone.

Chapter 5- Jinx tells all.

"…much longer he’ll be out. That was a powerful trank she hit him with…he could be out for a couple more hours."

Robin was awakened by the sound of voices all around him. He tried to get up but the wooziness forced him to groan and lie back down. "Robin!" Shouted Cyborg.

"OW!…Cyborg…not so loud." Hissed Robin.

"Ooops. Sorry Buddy. How you feeling?"

"Bad. And not just because of the trank…What’s ‘she’ doing here!!"

He point to Jinx. Robin tried to get up again, but this time, Cyborg held him back. "Robin, alot’s happened while you were out. Raven was almost crushed to death under the roof of that store, Slade tried to kill Jinx and Star…" Started Cyborg.

"I know, I was awake when that happened. Slade had an ace up his sleeve, he’s recruited Blackfire." Snarled Robin.

"I know, Jinx told me while she was working on the antidote to the trank. She was about to tell me how Slade recruited those guys when you woke up."

"Where’s Beast Boy?"

"With Raven. After I stabilised her, BB took her to her room. He’s not left it since and that was over 3 hours ago."

"That’s how long I was out! Slade could’ve done anything to Starfire by now!"

"He won’t have. Slade needs Starfire alive if he wants his final showdown with you." Said Jinx, walking over to the table and picking up a tray.

She handed it to Robin. "Eat, it will make you feel better." She said.

"What is it?" Asked Robin.

"Beef stew with a few herbs mixed in. The herbs will counteract the trank serum. The stuff in the cup is some of Raven’s herbal tea."

"When you’re done, we’ll be in the living room. We need to find a way to find Slade." Said Cyborg.

"And rescue Starfire."

Jinx and Cyborg left the med room to leave Robin in peace. "He doesn’t seem to like me very much." Jinx said.

"What do you expect…You and your friends aren’t exactly a fond memory around here." Said Cyborg, walking away from her.

"For your information, Gizmo and Mammoth were never friends. Just partners. Brother Blood didn’t allow friends in the Hive. Slade is no better than Blood." Hissed Jinx, running after him.

"You’re telling me."
Jinx caught up and stopped Cyborg by grabbing his arm. "Look, I’m done with that life now. I want to help you guys stop Slade." She promised.

"Look Jinx, I want to believe you…but I just can’t. Not yet." Said Cyborg.

"I understand. Look, there’s some stew left in the kitchen. Maybe we should take some in to Beast Boy."

"No, better leave him alone Jinx. No telling what he’ll do if he sees you. But I’ll have the rest of that stew."

~~~Raven’s room.~~~
Beast Boy sat by Raven’s bedside, eyes unmoving as he watched the steady rise and fall of Raven’s chest as she breathed. She had almost died, she was ready to give her life to save him. Beast Boy was astonished. raven was always the dark, secretive one of the group and always made out like she barely tolerated him. ‘I must mean more to her than she lets on.’

"Raven, I hope you can here me…because I’m only gonna say this once. You once told me that our powers are tied to our emotions and our will. Today, you saved me…I don’t know why, after the way I’ve treated everyone lately. But you did save me…and the only way you’ll ever know how much that means to me, is if you come back."

Beast Boy took her hand. "I know you want to Raven, I don’t know why you just haven’t come back. It’s like you’re waiting for something. But I have to say this while I’ve got the guts. Raven, I really cared about Terra, she was my best friend. But before you, she was the only one I told this secret to. I love you Raven. Please, don’t leave me."

A single tear fell on to the jewel on Raven’s forehead. It began to glow dimly, but Beast Boy didn’t see it. "Maybe it’s like that fairy tale. If I kiss you, maybe you’ll wake up."

Beast Boy knelt down towards Raven’s face and gently brushed her lips with his. He brought his hand up to her face and brought her closer to him. But then, Raven’s eyes slowly opened. She saw Beast Boy’s face above hers and smiled into the kiss. Much to Beast Boy’s shock, she wound her arms around his neck and began responding to the kiss. It was good minute before they had to let go so they could catch their breath. "Raven! You’re OK!" BB yelled through his tears as he pulled her up and into his arms.

"Of course I am. I had the will to return." Said Raven, weakly returning his hug.

"I-I’ll go get the others…they…"

"Can wait Beast Boy. Just lay here next to me for a while…I’m not ready to face the real world yet."

"O-OK. You sure you don’t need anything?"

"Just get over here."

Beast Boy gladly complied as he laid down beside Raven. She took his hand and held it tight as they both savoured the moment together.

~~~In the main room.~~~

Cyborg was typing on the main computer while Jinx was grabbing a soda. "What are you doing?" Asked Jinx.

"I’m analysing what was left of that bomb I blew off you, and the ear pieces Slade put into your ears. I’m trying to find where they came from. And I think I’ve found out." Cyborg said proudly.

He brought up the information on the bomb. "Wayne Enterprises: Science Labs. Anything look familiar?" Asked Cyborg.

"That’s where Slade sent Gizmo to make the wrist bands." Gasped Jinx.

Then, they heard someone enter the room. "Robin, how are you feeling?" Asked Cyborg.

"Better. Now Jinx, tell me everything you know, starting with how Slade hired you." Demanded Robin.

"Alright Robin, I’ll talk…It was around a year ago. With Blood defeated and the Hive destroyed, me, Gizmo and Mammoth were reduced to petty theft to survive. When we were ambushed by Fang and a newly reformed Kitten. They captured us and took us to Slade’s new lair. That’s when Slade told us of his plan to get revenge." Said Jinx.

"So why the bombs?"

"I’m getting to that. Anyway, Mammoth and Gizmo signed up straight away, the promise of a better life was just too tempting. Blackfire, Fang and Kitten had already sworn loyalty to Slade. There was only me and Red X. Red X is a free spirit, he doesn’t like to be tied down to something…and I wasn’t about to be someone else’s puppet all over again. So they captured me and Red X, and Slade had the bombs made. If we displeased Slade in anyway, he would shock us. And if we betrayed him…"

"He’d kill you." Finished Cyborg.

"So why did he favour Blackfire, where does she fit in to all this?" Asked Robin.

"Slade wanted Blackfire because of her family link to Starfire, and her thirst for revenge. Blackfire knew all her weaknesses and how to exploit them. So she gave those secrets to Kitten, and that’s how Starfire was weakened so quickly." Answered Jinx.

"Which made it so easy for her to catch me and Star off guard. Alright Jinx, what’s Slade’s plan?" Robin asked.

"Revenge. He wants revenge on his former apprentices, namely you and Terra. He’s already destroyed Terra, literally. All that’s left for him to do…is destroy you." Said Jinx.

"And best way for him to destroy you…" Started Cyborg.

"Is to destroy Starfire. Well he’s not going to succeed!" Said Robin, walking over to the telecom.

"What are you doing?"

"We’re 2 titans down. Star is kidnapped, Raven’s out of commission. Jinx, can you give any more information of Slade’s lair and it’s entrances?"

"Yeah. The base is at Blood’s first Hive School where I trained. And to that, there’s a roof entrance, an underwater entrance and a tunnel leading to it from the Science Labs at Wayne Enterprises." Said Jinx.

Robin growled. ‘He’s taking a stab at Bruce.’

"I don’t get it! What are you doing!" Shouted Cyborg.

"I’m calling reinforcements." Answered Robin.

"Who?!"

"Aqualad, Bumblebee and Speedy. Cyborg, go get Beast Boy. Jinx, I need you to draw up some maps and detailed layouts of Slade’s security system and any backup systems he might have."

"Slade might have changed it by now." Said Jinx.

"I don’t care, we need some kind of idea of where we need to go." Said Robin, who then began making the necessary calls.

Cyborg just continued to look confused but did as he was told and ran off to get Beast Boy. ‘Don’t worry Star. I’ll save you, even if I have to die trying.’

~~~~~~~~~~~
OK, that’s another chapter over. What do you think so far? Read and review please.