Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans: Slade's Return ❯ Red X revealed ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 6-Red X Revealed.

Starfire awoke to find herself chained to the wall, in dark stone room. The only light came from a single light bulb on the roof and tiny shafts of light coming through the bars on the door. "Finally awake I see, that stuff I hit you with must’ve been stronger than I thought."

Starfire turned towards the voice…and saw the smug face of Blackfire. She began to struggle but couldn’t break the chains. "I wouldn’t bother sister dear. I ‘borrowed’ those from the prison you sent me to. They’re unbreakable." Said Blackfire.

"You! What are you doing here?!" Star yelled.

"Oh, you mean working for Slade. Well let’s see. I wanted revenge against you for banishing me from Tameran, and for throwing me in prison the first time I came to Earth. And Slade offered me the chance to do it."

"I don’t understand. Kalfore made sure that the royal guards took you back to the Sentari Prison to pay for your crimes."

"I’ve already broken out of that prison once before Starfire. What made you think I couldn’t do it a second time?"

Starfire saw her sister grab a metal bar. "What are you going to do to me?" Star asked fearfully.

"First, I’m going to get a small measure of revenge." Started Blackfire, swinging the bar and driving into Starfire’s stomach.

She grunted in pain, trying to catch her breath. "Then, I’m going to Slade’s thrown room and watch him announce that I am the leader of the Slade army."

Another shot, this time was across Star’s ribs. "And after that, I’m going to bring Red X down here so your punishment can be continued."

This time, it was a shot across Star’s face, which knocked her unconscious, while Blackfire continued her assault with the bar and her fists.

~~~Slade’s thrown room: 1 hour later.~~~

Slade sat on his thrown, his apprentices standing in front of him. "We’ve done everything you asked Slade! Now tell us…who’s the new leader?" Asked Mammoth.

"Yeah, we didn’t just grab all those jewels and take a beating off the Titans for nothing!" Shouted Gizmo.

"QUIET!"

They all shut up in an instant. "That’s better. Now, today’s mission was in a way successful." Said Slade as he got up and began to pace.

"Red X, you were successful in your mission. You collected the most jewels and almost destroyed Cyborg. Where you failed was not seeing that Jinx was going to betray you. Had I not set off her bomb and distracted Cyborg, you would not have been able to escape. I expected better of you."

Red X hung his head but Slade moved on. "Gizmo and Mammoth, excellent work. Not only did you steal many jewels, you completely annihilated Raven. You’re mission was successful and I commend you."

Gizmo and Mammoth high-fived each other. "Fang and Kitten. You performed your part perfectly. You completely wore down Robin and Starfire, making it easy for Blackfire to capture her sister and humiliate Robin. Well done."

"You still haven’t answered our question. Who is the new leader?" Shrieked Kitten.

"Why, the only one of you who deserves to lead. The one all these jewels are for. Lady Blackfire."

"WHAT!" They all yelled.

Red X just shook his head. ‘I knew it was going to be her.’ He thought.

Blackfire came out of the shadows. Red X noted the bruises forming on Blackfire’s hands. "That’s right kids. I’m in charge from now on." She said smugly.

"So, all that trouble we went through to get the jewels…and we don’t even get a cut!" Yelled Gizmo.

"Like Slade said. I’m the only one worthy of them. I hate to tell you all this, but Slade never had any intention of making you guys leader. It was always gonna be me."

"Then you used us!" Yelled Fang.

"No. I offered you all the opportunity to get revenge on the Titans, and opportunity which you all took. I am pleased with your performance, but the only one of you with the skills needed to lead…was Blackfire." Said Slade.

"That’s just a sugar-coated way of saying you used us! I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m outta here!" Yelled Red X, speaking up for the first time.

Red X spun around and began stalking towards the exit. But a purple star bolt hit him in the back, knocking him into the wall. Red X shot to his feet, turning towards Blackfire. "You’ll regret that you…agrh!"

Red X fell to the floor as his wrist band began to shock him. "Red X…until you have redeemed yourself, you’re not going anywhere! As long as band is on you, you are mine to control." Slade hissed.

"You can’t keep me here against my will! I won’t be your puppet Slade!" Red X yelled.

"It’s not like you have a choice X. I gave you your power…and I can take it away just as easily. Is that what you want?"

"…No."

"Good. Now, go with Blackfire. She has a job for you."

Blackfire walked off towards the tunnels. "Well, c’mon X. You’ll like this little chore." She said.

Red X reluctantly got up to follow her. "And let that be a lesson to all of you. Question mine or Blackfire’s decisions and you will be severely disciplined. Any questions?"

They all just shook their heads.

~~~In the prison tunnels.~~~

Blackfire walked towards Starfire’s cell, Red X following behind her. "You should be thankful that Slade didn’t kill you X. That was stupid thinking he would just let you leave." Said Blackfire.

"I never wanted to join this team anyway. Slade forced me and Jinx to join, remember…you helped capture us!" Hissed Red X.

"I never wanted it to go down like that. You know the only reason I’m here to get revenge on Starfire."

"And what happens after that Blackfire? Slade won’t let you leave after this either. You saw what he did to me in there, and what he was prepared to do. He’d sooner kill all of us than let any of us go. Jinx was just lucky that Cyborg was there to help her."

Blackfire stopped and turned to Red X. "So what made you come back?" She asked.

"This thing on my wrist. And the little secret weapon that Slade has implanted inside me." Hissed X.

"What?"

"Never mind. We’re at your sister’s cell. What is it you want me to do?"

Blackfire’s smile came back to her face. "Oh yes, my little sister’s punishment. What you have to do in there is simple. Take her." She sneered.

"WHAT!" Yelled Red X.

"Do I need to spell it out for you? Go in there and take her! Or do you need Slade to come down here and do some persuading!"

"I can’t do that Blackfire! I may be a villain but I still have some honour!"

"X, just go in there and do it. I already softened her up for you. Just go in and do it. She won’t even remember, she’s so out of it."

Red X couldn’t believe what he was hearing. "She might not remember, but I will. I won’t do it Blackfire, not even if Slade killed me." Said X.

"But what about the others?" Asked Blackfire.

"What about them?"

"If you don’t do this, Slade will find out. And the others will be punished for your mistake. Could you have that on your conscience?"

"…You’re a cold hearted bitch Blackfire. But then again, that’s what attracted me to you in the first place."

"Careful Red X…it’s that attraction that got you here in the first place. Now be a good boy and do as you’re told."

Blackfire shoved X into the room, throwing him the keys to Star’s chains. "I’ll be back in an hour. Have fun."

Red X heard her lock the door. Then he saw the bruised and battered form of Starfire. "My god." X gasped as he went over to Starfire.

He unlocked the chains and laid her down on the floor. ‘How could she do this to her own sister. I’ve known for a long time she was ruthless…but I can’t believe Blackfire went this far.’

As Red X looked over Starfire’s injuries, his mind went back to before he was captured. When he and Blackfire were together.

~~~This part is rated R for a slight sexual reference. You have been warned.~~~

In a sleezy hotel room in the back alleys of Jump City, their were grunts and groans of pleasure coming from inside room 666. Clothes and masks were strewn every where on the floor, the bed creaked with every move they made. Then, the sound of their climax was heard. Red X pulled out of her and moved to one side. Blackfire sat up. "That was great." Said Blackfire, running her finger up and down Red X’s 6-packed ribs.

"I’m glad you enjoyed it. But I have to ask Blackfire. I’ve been sending signals for over 3 months now, and each time you shot me down…sometimes you shot me literally. Why come to me now and give me your body? I thought your kind had to wait until you were married." Asked X.

"I’ve been banished from my world X, might as well see what I’ve been missing. I can see why Starfire likes you so much…Robin."

"For the last time, I’m not that goody-goody Robin! I’m just his clone…and my name is Red X.".

***1 week later***

Red X ran through the science labs of Wayne Enterprises. Blackfire had sent him a distress call and he’d answered. As he neared, he saw someone running in the same direction. "Blackfire?" Shouted Red X.

The person stopped. "No…I’m Jinx. What are you doing here?" Asked Jinx.

"I got a distress call from Blackfire…you?"

"Gizmo and Mammoth. Those 2 can’t do anything without me."

They ran together but as they neared the source of the distress calls, the penny dropped for Red X. "Wait a second. Distress calls from both our friends. This is too much of a coninsidence." Said Red X.

"You know something X, you’re absolutly right."

Then, both Red X and Jinx were hit with a purple starbolt. As they collapsed, Blackfire smiled cruelly.

***Slade’s new lair.***

Red X awoke in the huge throne room, Jinx by his side. He tried to get up but was being held down by chains wrapped around his wrists and the chains ran into the ground. "Awake at last I see." Said a voice.

Red X looked up and saw Slade standing over him. "You again? Look Slade, I’ve already told you. I don’t want to be apart of your team." Said X.

"Yes you did, and so did Jinx. That’s why I’ve resorted to drastic measures." Said Slade.

That’s when Red X noticed the orange and black band around his wrist. "I gave you the chance to come willingly. Now, you have no choice at all. That on your wrist is a bomb, and I can set it off at any given moment. Obey me, you live. Disobey me…and I’ll kill you." Slade said.

"What have you done with Blackfire?" Asked Red X.

"He’s done nothing with me. I’m right here."

Red X turned towards Blackfire, now dressed in an outfit that was almost the replica of Slade’s. The only difference was that it was black and dark purple. "Blackfire…why?" Asked Red X.

"Because I wanted to Red X. Slade’s promised to give me as many riches as I desire, as long as I serve him. Our little liaison in the hotel room was all part of my plan to get here while Slade did the rest." Said Blackfire.

"You Bitch! You knew I didn’t want to be here!"

"Well, now that you are…you’re going to serve me. That’s what I created you for, wasn’t it Red X?" Said Slade.

"You may have created me, but I’ll never be loyal to you! I swear Slade, the first chance I get…I’ll have my revenge!"

~~~End Flashback.~~~

Red X came out of his memory by a moan coming from Starfire. He took off his mask. ‘If she sees a face she trusts, it’ll be easier for me to explain everything to her.’

Starfire opened her eyes and looked into the black eyes of Red X. "Rob…in?"

"Rest now Starfire. I’ll clean you up and when you wake, I’ll explain everything to you."

With that, Starfire fell back into the realm of unconsciousness. Red X tore his cape and began cleaning Starfire’s wounds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So…Red X is really Robin’s clone created by Slade. And Blackfire was the one that helped capture him. Alright guys, next chapter is where Red X tells Starfire everything he knows. The reinforcements for the Titans arrive, and Raven’s ready to join them. It’s all coming to a head, next time. Oh, one more thing. If anyone out there feels like drawing some fanart for this story, please feel free to do so. I can’t draw for the life of me anyway. Remember now, Read & Review.