Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Boy From The Beast ❯ Where it all began ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
When the Titans arrived home, Beast-boy really looked in a bad way. A few small bruises, and cut on his skin, and his body looked as if he had a lost a lot more weight much too fast.
 
The weight-monitors had already dropped way past thirty-percent. Beast-boy was having trouble seeing straight, and pretty soon he'd barely be able to speak either. As per the reason he had lost a lot more strength so quickly, the answer was obvious.
 
“Somehow… The Beast may be separated from BB… but their still considered being one in whole.” said Cyborg. “Sorta like a spiritual link-up.”
 
Raven raised an eyebrow, “In other words…?”
 
“I believe it means… whatever pain that will come to The Beast, Beast-Boy shall experience it as well, and vice-versa.”
 
This really posed a dilemma! It meant that the Titans couldn't risk attacking The Beast knowing the harm it would bring to Beast-Boy. “But this doesn't make sense…” Beast-Boy said. “How was he able to materialize? He was just a batch of goop.”
 
No one had the answer to that. The most likely scenario was that when the goop had fallen down the water-drain, the air-molecules must have trigged off the life force in the blood to bring the creature into a physical, solid forum.
 
“Now that it's free…” Robin said. “It can do as it likes at will.”
 
The situation once again was seemly hopeless. The Beast was at large; the Titans couldn't fight it, and even if they could, how would they possible be able to get The Beast back into Beast-Boy where it belongs, before it was too late?
 
The least they knew they could do was track The Beast with it's radiation, and the fact that it was rage-driven and would only hurt villains, and scoundrels who hurt other people.
 
Cyborg managed to track The Beast, “He' movin'… but I can figure-- WHOA!” The signal suddenly went berserk tens of times stronger than The Beast, itself. “What's happening now.” Raven asked.
 
Robin plotted the coordinates, “This doesn't make sense.” he said, “According to this… it's gone back to the chemical-labs. Where it all began…!”
 
 
Robin remembered it all too well, how he and the others chased Adonis into the labs, long before Terra returned, and Copy-Cat arrived.
 
The others tried all they could and were unsuccessful to get at Adonis. The power-suit he was wearing was too much. Then Beast-Boy managed to match the villain in strength, but…
 
“Beast-Boy! Watch out for the chemicals!” Robin warned, but it was too late. The Canisters had been broken, and Beast-Boy was covered in green-goop, which altered his body-chemistry, and The Beast was soon born.
 
 
Robin snapped out of his flashback, and some of the others wondered. “Why would The Beast want to go there?” Terra asked.
 
“If you wish to hide an apple-tree, you place it within an orchard.” Copy-Cat said. “From our last encounter, “The Beast must now know we are after it, and is fully aware that the radiation reveals its position to us.”
 
Terra caught on quick. “I get it. It knows he's radioactive, so it ran to the labs where there's enough free radiation to make him harder to detect.”
 
“No duh!” Raven muttered under her breath. “But now that we know where it is, how do we stop it? It isn't even safe for us to attack it.” She was hinting to the facts about Beast-Boy being harmed as well.
 
“I'm not even sure we should be attacking it.” Robin said. “I don't think The Beast is looking for a fight.”
 
Starfire was most confused, “Husband… whatever do you mean?” she asked.
 
Robin had been having this sneaky feeling that The Beast was looking for something, other than people to fight. “Whatever he wants is probably at the labs, and the only to find out is to head there.”
 
Terra agreed to look after Beast-Boy again, and she urged the others to hurry. “He's not doing so good.” She said with worry. Beast-Boy was still losing more strength. IF things didn't turn up soon, it was estimated he'd be dead by the next morning.
 
“Well, what are we waitin' for?” said Cyborg, “We got us a beast to catch.”
 
Starfire levitated in the air, and clenched her fists bravely. “We will not let it escape, and we will save our friend.”
 
Raven and Copy-Cat stood proudly, and nodded their heads in agreement. “Titans… move out!” shouted Robin, and they were gone leaving Terra to and check-up on her husband.
 
Beast-Boy looked so peaceful laying still like that. Terra pulled up her chair and sat down by the edge of his bed, but she knew the reason for his peaceful state was because he was weak and was, at this point, almost completely unable to lift his body up.
 
Still, she knew he was trying to be strong for as long as he could, and not just merely because he was a hero, and that the Titans needed him, but because she needed him, just as much as he needed her.
 
Terra held her husband's ungloved hand and stroked it gently, and leant forwards and pressed her lips against his cheek. She then could feel him softly squeezing hers. “Beast-Boy…?”
 
His eyes were hardly opened at all, “Terra…” he pepped softly in a soft tone. His wife smiled down at him but urged him to try and not speak. “I just hope the others hurry.” she muttered under her breath.
 
 
The lab's red alert was whining to no end, warning the staff, and security there was an intruder within the labs. The staff had already fled the buildings, while the security forces ran for the danger-zone, only to find…
 
“What is it…?”
 
“I don't know, but let's get out of here!”
 
It was The Beast. It took just one look at those men, and realized they meant it harm which really angered it, and prompted it to chase the retreating guards.
 
“Quick! Engage lockdown!”
 
The panicking men quickly activated the emergency walls to drop down in attempt to block The Beast from getting any further into the labs, but it was no use. The angry monster just used his huge fists to break through the solid metal walls like matchwood.
 
Some of the guards were so petrified with fear and shock, some of them began to leave behind their badges. “Forget this! I QUIT!” and dashed for the exits as fast as they could. This left The Beast to smash, and thud, and break his way throughout the labs.
 
This made it easier for the Titans to follow it when they arrived. “And here I thought we'd be in for a challenge.” chuckled Cyborg. They continued to follow the debris, and Raven and Copy-Cat began to sense strange brainwaves…
 
“We've got something!” cried Raven.
 
“Yes… there can be no doubt. It is him, in the rooms ahead.” added Copy-Cat.
 
“Good! Let's get him…” Robin said, “And remember, try not to attack him. We can't risk hurting Beast-Boy.”
 
The team continued to dash forward, and emerged in what appeared to be the same room containing the chemicals Beast-Boy got covered in which created The Beast.
 
“There he is!” snapped Cyborg.
 
The Beast's ears gave a twitch at the sound of his voice, and saw the Titans standing at the doorway. The Beast growled angrily and tried to make another getaway. “Oh, no ya don't…!” Cyborg sneered as he fired a grappling-line from his left arm, and Robin joined him by firing his grappling-line.
 
They both lassoed The Beast by each of its leg. “YE-HA! Bagged me a cattle-rustler!” Cyborg cheered like a western-hero. “All right…!” cheered Robin, but suddenly, The Beast sprung to his feet anyway and began to drag Cyborg along for a rough ride as he leapt and bounced all over the lab. “WHOA THERE… WHOA…!”
 
“We should've seen this coming…!” cried Robin.
 
Starfire tried to wrestle The Beast, using her alien-strength, but that proved to be more sillier than Robin and Cyborg's idea. Starfire was strong, but The Beast was still stronger, and threw her like a bowling-ball into a shelf…
 
CRASH!! “Ooh… these stars round my head… they are… en-chant…ed…?” then she fainted.
 
Raven and Copy-Cat weren't sure if they would be able to hold The Beast at bay either, but they still tried. Copy-Cat copied Raven's forum, and the both of them ensnared The Beast with their dark-waves.
 
 
Back at the Tower, Beast-Boy jerked hard. “Ow!”
 
Terra snapped upright, “Beast-Boy…?” She gazed down at her poor husband and guessed that something was happening to The Beast. “Oh, no! What are they doing?” she cried.
 
Beast-Boy felt as if his whole body was stuck in a vice-grip
 
This time The Beast found it harder to struggle and try to break loose, but still it wouldn't give up. It thrashed and waved it's huge arms about, roaring ever so furiously. The two Ravens were finding it hard to keep their grip.
 
“I cannot hold out much longer…!” groaned Raven/Copy-Cat. “We have to keep trying!” cried Raven as she poured on more energy. “URGH…!”
 
The Beast was growing angrier, and the angrier it got, the more strength it seemed to gain. Finally, “Watch out!” Robin warned everyone, “He's going to break loose!”
 
KAPOW! The Beast shattered the dark-waves like a glass-window, and it roared so loudly that the shelves began to quiver. The Titans covered their ears trying to dim the horrid sound.
 
Rather than pounding the Titans into dirt, The Beast simply grabbed a few items, and smashed through the walls and headed back outside. The Titans had failed to capture it once again.