Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Boy From The Beast ❯ The Beast's true intentions ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIX
 
The Titans all scrambled to their feet. “You alright…?” Robin asked as he helped Starfire up. His wife nodded, and shook herself awake.
 
Cyborg felt he had new dents in his armor. “Man…! He got away again.”
 
“No, he has not.” said Copy-Cat, “Does the radiation still not give away his location?”
 
Cyborg smacked his head, “Duh… of course.” he said feeling stupid, but when he activated his tracker. “Uh oh…!”
 
“Uh oh…?” Raven asked. “Please tell me you didn't just say that.”
 
Cyborg did just say it, and soon everyone saw why. Cyborg was still tracking The Beast, but there were also many other blinking dots being tracked as well. There were even five smaller ones all huddled in one area.
 
It made sense because the entire lab was loaded with chemicals and radioactive-areas. This meant that all the men who had just fled the place, as well as the Titans, themselves, had all been exposed to radiation.
 
There were no less than ten dots on Cyborg's tracker, and yet only one of them was The Beast. “Oh, no… what ever shall we do?” cried Starfire. “Things could not be any worse than of what they are now…”
 
Robin's communicator beeped. “Terra! What's wrong?”
 
“It's Beast-Boy…!” Terra cried. “He's started to lose strength faster than ever.” Then she showed the team the horrible images of Beast-Boy laying in bed struggling to breathe. He was humping madly with pain that was shooting through his body.
 
“Whatever you guys are doing, HURRY!” and she signed off in a fret of panic.
 
“I do believe things have worsened…” Copy-Cat stated.
 
The situation was not critical. The Beast was out there somewhere, and nearly impossible to determine where, even with the tracker. Even if they were able to catch up to The Beast they had no clue as how to fight it, or get it back to Beast-Boy, whom was growing so incredibly weak, it was only a matter of hours before he'd be finished.
 
Well, Robin wasn't willing to give up. “We're just going to have to search from the air.” He suggested. “It'll cover more ground, and we'll be able to report on what we see.”
 
The Titans all agreed and set their communicators to tracking-mode. They one by one, they exited the lab, and took off into the sky. Starfire, Raven, and Copy-Cat flew naturally, while Robin and Cyborg used jet-packs.
 
Each of them took a specific sector of the city to fly over, and would report back on everything they saw while keeping mind that they too were radioactive, and should not be confused.
 
However, every sector they scouted, while they each had a good view from up high, they only found the guards and/or the personal and staff from the labs who were also radioactive.
 
Suddenly, Copy-Cat looked at his tracker and saw a lone flashing dot located offshore, near the Tower's island, and remembering that it was assumed that The Beast was after something. “Of course…!” he shouted to himself. “Copy-Cat to Robin… please answer me. I believe I know where The Beast is going.”
 
 
Back at the Tower, Beast-Boy was growing even weaker. His green skin looked as if it were being pulled down from the inside. The monitors were less than ten marks away from seventy-five percent.
 
Terra was so scared and upset she didn't what to do. “Beast-Boy, No! You can't die, you have to hang on!”
 
Beast-Boy had no strength left to answer, or even open his eyes, he just lay there hardly moving at all, and his groaning was so soft you could hardly hear it. Never before had he felt this much psychical pain in his life!
 
Suddenly, the alarms went off, indicating and intruder had broken into the tower. Terra flicked on the monitors to try and see who or what it was, but in less than no time at all--
 
CRASH! The door to the examining-room was busted right down by The Beast. Terra could hardly believe that this was happening; The Beast being there, and it wasn't Beast-Boy at all.
 
Terra raised her fists ready to fight, but then her eyes caught sight of the bits of equipment the Beast was holding, as well as the fact that The Beast wasn't even growling at her, or looking for trouble.
 
“What do you want…?” Terra just had to ask it.
 
The Beast just stood there, hardly growling at all, and gazed over at Beast-Boy, who would be dead in only a few more minutes.
 
 
The Titans were forcing themselves to fly faster than they had ever flown before. When Copy-Cat had reported that The Beast was heading for the tower, and that Beast-Boy and Terra were all alone…
 
“Faster! Faster!” shouted Robin. Cyborg felt his jetpack starting to overheat the metal on his back, “Yo' man! I'm not gonna make it!”
 
“We will! We must!” cried Starfire.
 
Suddenly, the tower was just ahead. “Raven… take us in the with your powers.” Copy-Cat suggested. “It will get us through faster.”
 
Raven agreed, and used her magic to teleport everyone into the tower, and straight into the examination room. The first thing they saw was The Beast wiring Beast-Boy's weak body into a machine…
 
“Titans… get him!” shouted Robin.
 
But as they all charged in for attack, Terra leapt out in front of them, “No, guys! Don't!” she snapped. “Don't hurt him… he wants to help.”
 
“Help?” the others all said at once. Terra didn't bother to explain, for all they had to do was watch.
 
As bullheaded as The Beast was, supposedly, it seemed to be hooking himself into Beast-Boy to perform what was clearly a transfusion. Slowly the genetic-material from The Beast was transferred into Beast-Boy's body, and then… The Beast was gone! Vanished into thin air.
 
…and nothing happened at first!
 
Suddenly, the monitors began to bleep. “Hey!” cried Cyborg. “I don't believe it…”
 
“What? What is it?” asked Terra.
 
“His weight's climbin' back up. Fifty-five… fifty-seven… sixty pounds and rising. He's comin' back!”
 
Smiles began to appear on everyone's faces, and those smiles only grew as Beast-Boy began to stir in bed. Soon he was strong enough to open his eyes, and speak softly again. “Dude…!” he groaned, “What happened? I feel… strange.”
 
Robin gently patted him on the shoulder, “It's a long story, Beast-By, but it looks like your going to be just fine.”
 
Starfire would've given him a huge, crushing hug again, but for once she thought ahead and realized he needed rest. The others decided to leave and let Beast-Boy recover, but still, Terra stayed behind.
 
She gazed down at her husband and gently stroked his forehead, “I thought I was going to lose you again.” She said with tears in her eyes.
 
Beast-Boy just smiled at his wife, “Remember Terra-- Things Change, but Some Things Never Change.” He held her hand softy, “And you and I are one of those things.”
 
Terra sniffed once and then leant down softly and pressed her lips against his. She really did love him, just as he loved her. Even if he had a hulking creature dwelling within him. She loved him anyways.
 
 
Author's notes:
 
This isn't the last one…
 
I got one left.