Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Force of Hatred ❯ Copy Cat and the Legends ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
The titans gazed all around them. “Where are we…?” asked Starfire.
“And how the heck did we get here?” added Cyborg.
The looked as if they were in someone's house, there were living quarters, sofas, even a large bed and a gala. Raven gazed out one of the windows. “Hey…! Look at this!” she hollered. The others dashed over and gazed out the window. They could see planet Earth far below them, and the stars and blackness of space all around them.
“Wow…!” Terra exclaimed long and softly. She had never once in her life dreamed of ever making it to space before. That's when they heard the sound of footsteps behind them. “Who's there…?” asked Cyborg.
They all turned and saw someone staring in the shadows. “You need not have any fear…” the stranger said as he stepped through the shadows, into the light “I am not your enemy.”
The others all gazed in awe, especially Starfire. This creature... a half man, half cat-like humanoid, and he looked exactly like… like… “Robin…?! Is it…?”
The stranger shook his head “Do not be fooled, Starfire. I am not Robin; it is merely a coincidence that my likeness is uncanny.”
The titans all looked confused “How did you know my name…?” asked Starfire.
“Who exactly are you?” asked Raven.
“Permit me…” the stranger said as he bowed “I am called Copy Cat. I am an intergalactic explorer from the planet Psyconia, ever inquest of new sights, sensations, and possibly a new world to settle in and start a new life.”
He went on explaining that his race, the Psyconian's lived as creatures of vast knowledge and curiosity. Living peacefully on their planet, they dedicated part of their lives to learning, teaching and exploring. Eventually, some would leave Psyconia and venture out into the universe to expand their horizons and learn more.
“That is why I have come here, but it appears the ancient legends I have read about have come to pass.” He said sounding serious “The Force of Hatred has been resurrected to finish what it started millennia ago.”
He explained that he had been observing the titans since he had arrived several days before, and transported them onto his starship which was orbiting high above the Earth. Here they would be safe… for some time. “But the rest of your planet, as you no doubt are aware, is now in grave peril.”
The titans were impressed by his knowledge. “So… like… is there anythin' we can do?” asked Cyborg. Starfire felt there was nothing they could do “My beloved Robin is dead, and there is nothing we can do. I fear we shall never see him again.”
“You have been misled, Starfire.” Copy Cat said to her “There is still hope…”
He showed his master computer which contained a massive library of universal information, including the chronicles of the Earth's history. “Wow…!” Raven exclaimed “You… you have an entire history bank of the entire universe?”
Copy Cat smiled “It is really nothing of that size. The universe is a fairly large place, and everywhere there is information waiting to be discovered and obtained by means of methods you never believed possible and would probably fail to understand.”
Nevertheless, he showed them simulated dramatized images of thousands of years ago and explained what the chronicles had told…!
It all started when one individual was shown nothing but fear, and anger… eventually leading to hate. Eventually when the hatred was fueled enough by experiences that would intensify it, that one person let the hate take over, and began to show hatred to all the people and things around him.
In doing so, it began to pass onto others, like a sickness, and they began to feel nothing but the hate and fell into the same destructive actions. More and more hate was conjured, and with it came more destruction, devastation, and bloodshed…
The hate was so intense, that the humans managed to open the gateway to an alternate warp dimension, and discovered methods to gain power and more strength by exorcising whatever good was in them to this alternate warp-zone, known as The Darkness.
It was much like being under a dark spell. With no goodness left, the hatred grew fiercer, and the chaos ever more devastating, some even transformed into vicious creatures whose only purpose was to hate and destroy everything that they saw.
For years, the hate seemed to rule all. Nothing could stop it… except one power…
…the power of love!
There was one brave priestess who had longed to see all the suffering and madness come to a close, and was not willing to let the hate overpower her. The priestess was also gifted with her own special gifts and magic, and discovered the only way to fight the hate… was to use the one force it could not stand up to…
…The power of love!
She had managed to find her way into the darkness and freed all the souls of goodness and helped them find their strength to stave the hatred off and reclaim control of their bodies and lives, thus breaking the spell.
However, since the hatred could not be destroyed, but the people, not wishing to suffer from the same horrid fate, turned to the priestess and had her exorcise the evil spirits of the excess hatred from their bodies and seal it away inside the darkness. To ensure a perfect seal, a mighty sword was forged and sealed within sacred stone to imprison the hatred.
For thousands of years, the threat was forgotten by many, and only passed down through the generations as superstitious legends.
“And now… it seems that History is repeating itself.” Copy-Cat said.
The titans never realized how powerful and dangerous hatred really was, “But what are we to do?” Starfire asked. “Is there not some way for us to counter this evil?”
Copy Cat explained that if history was repeating itself “Then we, too, must repeat it.” He was hinting that the only possibility was to repeat the actions of the priestess. “Only when the hatred is defeated will the spell be broken, and those who have been cursed will return to normal. Unfortunately, I myself have no clue of how to make that possible.”
The titans sighed in dismay. “That's just swell…” groaned Cyborg, but Terra stood up “Well I'm not giving up.” she said. “Beast Boy and Robin need us, and so do everyone else. We can't just sit up here and do nothing.”
The others knew she was right, but what could they do? Who knew what Beast Boy and his army were doing.
In such a short time, Beast Boy and his army had already laid waste to most of the city. They destroyed buildings, forests, and killed many people, converting them over to their side.
Beast Boy himself had even just slaughtered a young teenage boy from Terra's school. His girlfriend was outraged and heartbroken, and when she tried to attack Beast Boy, he slaughtered her too. Soon the two awakened as monsters filled with hate and joined the entire army to causing more havoc.
As for Beast Boy, he walked along the wrecked streets, with his sword in hand “Now… who's next?” he wondered, and then he saw two familiar faces … Jackie and Jillian. “Ah, yes. Of course…! Heh, Heh, Heh…!”
Jackie and Jillian had been running around town trying to find a place to hide, what with all the monsters around. Then, they ran into Beast Boy. “So… we meet again.”
Usually the girls wasted no effort in finding every way possible to insult, tease, or mock Beast Boy, but today they were cowering away from. “Look, kid… we don't want any trouble.” Jackie.
“Yeah…! Just let us alone… Brat-- I mean Best Boy.” whimpered Jillian
Beast Boy only laughed “You don't want any trouble?” he mocked and he drew his sword, “Very well then… allow me to make it so there won't be any more trouble from either of you!”
The girls tried to run, but he caught them, and gave them a most slow and most painful of agonizing death one would ever suffer, for each and every time they were mean to him.
“A Brat Boy; am I…?” he slashed at their arms “A loser; am I…? He hacked at their feet from the ankles down. “Care to try and sick your boyfriends on me again…?” he stomped his feet hard into their wounds making them scream and howl in pain in even louder.
They also now realized that he was the one who killed Manny and Alex. “Those miserable wretches… got what they deserved, and now… you two… shall have the honor of joining them.” In a quick swift, he slashed Jackie through the stomach, then picked up Jillian and looked her dead in the eyes, “And for the last time… IT'S BEAST… BOY!!” and he slashed her through the heart and didn't stop until the hilt of the sword was touching her chest and the upper-half of the blade was sticking through her back.
He waited until Jillian had completely expired before pulling his sword out, and he left the two dead bodies to soon reform into monsters as he walked up the dead streets with his blood-covered sword in one hand and clenching his other fist tightly. “I can feel the power within me growing.” He said “With each and every life I take and curse, the hatred within me increases.” And he laughed loud and evilly as he went along his way to find more lives to kill and things to destroy.
The titans viewed it all on the monitors in Copy Cat's ship, and couldn't believe what was happening to their beloved town. Terra was growing more and more nervous, Copy Cat could sense this, “I see…” he said “You have strong affections for Beast Boy.”
The others were amazed that he realized that. “How… how did you know?” Terra asked “Can you read minds?”
Copy Cat nodded, for he was a cat-like creature, with a sixth sense which enabled him to read mortal minds, and see things that were supposedly invisible. “It is also no difficult task to tell… for it shows on your face.” He knew about Beast Boy's ability to turn invisible, and only she could see him when others could not. “It is your love for Beast Boy and the pureness you have within your heart that allows you to see him.”
Terra somehow felt she knew that all the time and openly admitted opening to everyone that she always loved Beast Boy, even if he was now some raging demon. “I'm half the reason he's like this…” Terra said “But I know that's not really him doing all this. I have to try and help him… somehow.”
The others admired her determination, and couldn't blame her for wanting to try, but Raven pointed out “Last time I checked, he wasn't even slightly interested in making up.”
“Got that right… he almost cut us to bits.” added Cyborg.
“He had cursed Robin as well.” said Starfire. “He is a very powerful fighter.”
Copy Cat understood how they felt, but he pointed out “As powerful as any creature may seem, none are without weakness. If you wish to do battle with the force of hatred, I will help you in any way I can.”
The others immediately accepted his offer, especially when they learned of his other abilities…
Battle claws for combat… The ability of flight… and most importantly, his ability to shape shift and copy the forms of the others-- hence why he was called Copy Cat.
With all that settled. They all sat down close and began to conjure a plan.