Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Force of Hatred ❯ Breakthrough ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINE
The titans had been discussing and going over plans for some time. “Are we ready then?” Copy-Cat asked. The others nodded, and Copy-Cat landed his ship on Earth, somewhere in the desert lands, outside of Jump City. There was no way he could have transported everyone else and himself down at the same time.
The then all flew back to the city, which was starting to look as if Trigon had taken over again. The skies were red and stormy. Buildings were toppled over and in pieces. The streets were littered with bits of rubble, busted cars, and broken glass, but it wasn't difficult to find Beast Boy…
He and his army could be heard from miles away, and were all huddled together at the remains of the town square. Practically everyone in the city had been cursed by the hatred and was all monsters.
Keeping out of sight, the titans saw Beast Boy stood tall and proud as he was announcing the next step in the takeover of the Earth. Jump City had been conjured and practically demolished, “And now, go forth, my brethren. Go forth and spread the hate, and make this planet OURS!”
The monsters all began to growl in a cheering manner for their master as they headed out, in large numbers, out the city and into he desert lands to begin their quest, but a good many others stayed behind as did Beast Boy, which was very convenient for the titans. “Never before have I seen and army of so many.” said Starfire.
“We'd never stand a chance against all of them.” Cyborg said, and he had a point, five against thousands. “Stay focused.” Copy-Cat said “We must concentrate on Beast Boy.”
They went over the plan one last time, and with any luck, they would discover Beast Boy's one fatal weakness.
Beast Boy was dampening his face, and long hair from the gushing water of a broken water mane. He shook his head vigorously shaking the excess water away. “It really has been a long day.” he said to himself.
He gazed around the fallen city and commended on what a fine sight it was, and soon the whole world would be exactly the same. To him it resembled everything he had been put through to get where he was today…
All the abuse… all the mistreating… all the hate! He growled angrily and kicked a rock by his feet so hard that it sailed through the air and slammed into the side of a wrecked building, hitting it just hard enough to cause the whole thing to come tumbling down. He stood there growling under his breathe and clenching his quivering fist so hard, what him more angry was seeing some of the sights that reminded him of the times he spent with his friends, and Terra.
That's when he heard the sounds of footsteps behind him. He turned and saw Terra. She was gazing at him rather strangely as if she were both happy and not happy to see him. “Beast Boy…!” she said.
“So… you have come back, have you Terra?” he sneered “And I thought you would have been wise enough now to learn there is nothing you can do that can stop me or the hate.”
Terra hated hearing those words. “I have to tell you something.” she said trying to be brave. “Beast Boy… I… I…” she paused “… I Love You!”
“Huh…?” exclaimed Beast Boy. He felt as if he had just been attacked, and from deep inside him, he felt goodness starting to spike, and he gripped his chest armor growling in pain. “What's happening…?” he groaned “It can't be! I won't allow this!”
Terra had done it. There was still good inside of him, and what's more she began to see the image of the real Beast Boy, in his prison, trying to materialize. “Terra…!” he called out to her, “Terra… help me…!”
“Beast Boy…!” Terra cried.
“ENOUGH…!” the evil Beast Boy roared as he found his strength again, and banished the goodness away. “No!” cried Terra. Beast Boy laughed at her “I told you, Terra… nothing you say or do will stop me. I am the real Beast Boy. I have nothing but hate for all other creatures and things and that includes you! The Beast Boy you remember is merely a memory, and soon he will vanish into total nothingness.”
“No!” shouted Terra “That's not the Beast Boy I know. We will save him, and we will get rid of you and all the hate you've spread.”
That's when Cyborg, Starfire and Raven joined Terra by her side, much to Beast Boy's annoyance, and he summoned forth some of his remaining followers. One of them was Robin. “I'd say we're evened out now.” he said “ATTACK…!”
The fight was on, but this time the titans weren't going to be so easily overpowered. The monsters were strong, but not very fast or that smart. Terra lifted many of the monsters onto a floating rock and sent them all hurdling far, far away so they couldn't regroup for a long while. Raven did the same, reciting her magic words, and sending the monsters flying away on dark energy platforms.
Cyborg and Starfire battled some of the rest on their own. Keeping in mind not to try and seriously harm them, or kill them anymore than they already were undead. Starfire had a hard time facing Robin, she kept trying to get through to him but Robin just continued to fight her. Seeing no other option “Do forgive me, my love!” Starfire muttered and she punched him hard in the face knowing him backwards.
As much as Beast Boy a kick of seeing Starfire having to beat up the remains of her boyfriend, he was losing patience, and decided to join in the fight, but that's when he noticed one monster was still standing near him. “What are you doing?” he shouted “Fight them…!” but the monster walked right to Beast Boy and socked him hard, and before Beast Boy knew it, he was struggling hard to fight off against what was obviously not one of his creatures. It was really Copy-Cat in disguise.
During the struggle, he changed back to his normal form. Beast Boy was surprised to see the resemblance to Robin, but was still outraged none the less and pulled out his sword, and Copy-Cat extended his claws. “On Gaurd…!” he hissed and they both went at it like professional swordsmen. Beast Boy even tried to go invisible, but Copy-Cat's sixth sense showed him exactly where he was. Copy-Cat also threw chunks of wet mud at Beast Boy so he could no longer conceal himself.
Meanwhile, the other titans were still working hard to stave off the monsters, and could see Copy-Cat would need help. “Man! These freak shows won't stay down!” said Cyborg.
“I have an idea…!” Raven said “Try to being them all over here.”
Fighting and struggling hard, the others managed to lure all the monsters even Robin into one place. Raven concentrated hard “Azarath… Metrione… ZINTHOS!” she fired a powerful spell of magic that actually warped all the monsters clear across to the other side of town. “Wow! Nice…” Terra said.
“It's all in the training…” Raven smirked.
Copy-Cat was kicked hard in the chest and sent skidding backwards. The others joined him, “Are you alright?” asked Starfire as she helped him up. “I am…” Copy Cat answered.
Beast Boy glared at all the titans fiercely. “I need more hate!” he growled as he held his sword up high, “COME TO ME…!” the sound of his shouting made the very Earth tremble as he seemed to be absorbing the very energy of the Earth itself into his sword, intensifying his hate, anger, and strength. “This can't be good…” cried Cyborg.
The titans had never seen such fury in their lives. Beast Boy was now glowing in angry flames, and his eyes were practically blazing. “I have been too soft!” he muttered to himself “All these years I should have acted when I had my chance… and I shall not make that mistake again!”
He glared furiously at the titans and the very Earth trembled as he shouted “IT'S OVER… TITANS!!”
He leapt forth with his sword at the ready. “Look out…!” cried Terra, and they all scattered just in time and charged at him. Cyborg knocked the sword out of his hand, but Beast Boy punched him hard enough in his metal gut to send him down. “OOOH… that hurt!” Cyborg groaned.
Raven fired a burst of magic at Beast Boy, sending him crashing into a pile of rubble. For a moment nothing happened, and then Beast Boy burst from the rubble, straight for her, and began to pound and beat her hard. He was knocked off by Copy-Cat, and lost his chest armor.
The two of them went at it again, but Copy-Cat was still beat form his first attempt and he got beat up to.
Starfire launched her star-bolts, hitting him endlessly and leaving a few bruises on him. Beast Boy just roared angrily and leapt up, up, up like being launched form a catapult and actually managed to kick her down to the ground.
He laughed hard and walked over ready for the big, and real kill, when Terra stepped in front of him, “Beast Boy, stop this!” she cried. Beast Boy gazed at her, and then punched her across the face, knocking her over. “You just never learn do you?” he scoffed.
Terra got up, but Beast Boy walked over and kicked her down, but she made no attempt to fight him or even raise her defenses. The other titans got up and tried to come to her aid, but Beast Boy snapped his fingers and more hate monsters came dashing to hold the titans down, and they were too weak to fight back. “Terra…!” cried Starfire.
“Come on, girl… you have to fight him!” added Cyborg, but Terra refused. “I won't…!” no matter how many times Beast Boy hit her, and the pain shot through her, she wouldn't hit him back.. “My… are you still trying to appeal to me? You must have an overly developed sense of affection… for someone who is about to end your worthless existence!”
He stuck out his hand and his sword rose up from resting on the ground and soared into his grip. He laughed sinisterly as he poised it at Terra's chest. “Oh… how I've waited long for this. It is time to ultimately put an end to my past for good!” He was really going to kill her, and not turn her into a monster.
Tears were forming in her eyes, but they were not of pain, but of apology sincerity, and tears of fear. “You win…” she said trying to her emotions back “If you want to kill me I won't try to stop you.”
“Huh…?” from deep inside the evil Beast Boy, the real Beast Boy was beginning to awaken again. “Ter…ra…?”
Terra, although scared out of her imagination stood tall, held her head up high, shut her eyes and held out her arms. The other titans were mortified “Terra…!” cried Starfire.
“Don't do it!” added Raven.
Copy-Cat and Cyborg wouldn't seem to break free, “It is no use…!” cried Copy-Cat.
“Man… I can't look!” cried Cyborg as he shut his eyes tight.
Beast Boy laughed as he readied himself for the kill. “I'll always love you Beast Boy…” Terra said “And I'm sorry… for everything.”
“Be gone…!” roared Beast Boy, but before he could bring his arm down and slash her with his sword. “Y'AARGH…!” he felt something holding him back. Everyone looked at him, even Terra. “This can't be…! It's… impossible!”
“Terra…!” a familiar voice called “TERRA…!” The image of the real Beast Boy's face appeared in front of the symbol of hatred on the evil one's head. “Beast Boy?!” cried Terra.
“No…!” roared the evil one. “I am the real Beast Boy! You are nothing!”
Beast Boy was barley managing to hold the evil one back. He had waited so long to hear Terra say those words. “Terra…! Now's your chance…!” the real Beast Boy said “Finish him off!”
Terra couldn't believe what he had just asked her to do. “No…! Beast Boy… I can't!”
“You have to…!” Beast Boy called to her “I can't hold him back. He'll kill you!”
“But Beast Boy…!”
The longer she stalled, the more the evil one was starting to gain control again, but Terra just couldn't kill Beast Boy, there had to be a way to put things right. “Terra, listen to me… for once!” Beast Boy said to her. “Finish him off! I don't care if I die… I'd gladly die for you, and for the others! It's better than being possessed by an evil psycho-freak.”
“Beast Boy!” cried Terra.
“GRR… SILENCE…!” the evil one roared “You can't hold me back. I own your body now… I am in control!” That's when the image of the real Beast Boy faded, “TERRA…!”
“No…! Beast Boy…!”
The evil laughed manically. “You should have finished me when you had the chance, my dear. For now you're about to pay the ultimate price!” he grabbed hold of her by the shirt collar in one hand and raised his sword in the other.
“TERRA…!” the others cried.
Terra struggled to break free, but it was no use, and she was unable to focus her power sunder all that stress and emotional trauma she had just experienced. “And now… GOODBYE… FOREVER…!” and with the mighty swing of his hand...GASH…!
The blade went through…!
Terra screamed…!
The Titans gasped in shock… and all went quiet!