Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Force of Hatred ❯ Love Triumphs ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TEN
Terra gazed at Beast Boy with wide eyes, and he gazed at her, followed by a small sound escaping from his through. “Uhn…!”
“Ugh…!”
He hadn't stabbed Terra, but himself, right through his left shoulder area. He was gasping and growling in pain as he let Terra go, and pulled the sword out of his aching body. “Damn… you…!” he growled at his inner goodness. It was the real Beast Boy who forced his way back to try and stop the evil one.
Beast Boy was hurt, but not extremely badly, and while he was weakened, the monsters grew weak as well and all collapsed releasing the titans and Copy-Cat from their grip. They ran over to join Terra and gaze grimly at Beast Boy.
“I… hate you all!” he growled as he held his left arm in pain “Every last one of you!”
“Beast Boy, stop this!” said Starfire “Let us help you.”
“I… don't need help… BUT YOU WILL!” and grabbing his sword, Beast Boy drove it hard into the ground, causing bright lights to flash, and everyone felt as if they were falling through a warp-zone.

When everyone awoke, they found that all around there was darkness and swirls of strange light that made Raven feel nauseous. “Where are we?” she wondered.
“And where's Beast Boy…?” asked Terra.
That's when Beast Boy's laughter was heard, and an image of his face appeared. “Welcome… to the darkness!” he said. “THE DARKNESS…?!” the others all shouted. This was the realm where those who had been cursed by the hatred had their good sides banished to.
“Look…!” cried Starfire. Everyone turned and could see many unconscious bodies all chained to the nothingness and among them was. “Robin…!”
The others all ran over to him. “Robin…! Oh, Robin…!” Starfire hugged him, but had quite forgotten that he was in a trance. He couldn't hear her, see her, or feel her touching him. None of the others seemed to be awake either.
“Why have you brought us here?” Copy-Cat demanded to know.
“Can't you read my mind…?” chuckled the evil one. That's when he appeared before the others, his left arm was still wounded, but he could still use his other arm, with or without the sword. Speaking of which, he explained how it acted as a portal key to the darkness. Whenever he killed someone, their good side was gobbled up by the enchanted power the blade possessed, and locked them in the state they were in, “But it also opens the portal to trap pests such as all of you… in this realm… forever!”
The others all gazed at one another, Beast Boy appeared. His left shoulder was still injured and he still looked rather exhausted, but it didn't seem to bother him much now. He also didn't have the sword on him anymore. “Let's get him…!” snapped Cyborg, and they all dashed straight for him, but actually passed right through him.
He laughed at them hysterically and louder after they got up and tried to attack him, and he began to fight them with his other arm, and kicking them with his legs, and he actually managed to hit them. The titans kept on trying, but didn't land a single hit, even their powers and weapons failed to even work.
To make matters worse, his wounds were starting to heal. “You're on my turf now, Fools!” he laughed at them “Try all you like, but there's no possible way can defeat me here. This realm was created from and feeds off of hate within you, and the more hatred you exhibit, does my power increase.”
“Man…! Can't we ever get a break?!” growled Cyborg. Then he and the others noticed all the victims were stirring in their bondages and moaning as if they were suffering. “It must be another side-effect.” Copy-Cat said “The stronger he gets the weak they become.”
“Very perceptive…” said Beast Boy, “Whatever remains of their goodness is being consumed. Soon they all vanish into the darkness for all eternity, especially… this one.” That's when the real Beast Boy appeared, and he looked in bad shape, far worse than of the others. “Beast Boy!” cried Terra, and then she foolishly charged at the evil one “You let him go right now…” but he just kicked her back hard.
“You okay…?” Raven asked as she helped her up. Terra wasn't too hurt, but the evil one laughed at her and the others. “It's no use, my dear. You'll never break through to my weaker half. His spirit is so weak; he shall be gone before any of the others.”
That's when the real Beast Boy was starting to fade, starting at the very tip of his shoes, and ever so deadly slowly spreading, making him fade more and more into the darkness. The titans were horrified. “No…!” cried Terra “Beast Boy…! Beast Boy, please! Don't go!”
The evil one just laughed, and really enjoyed seeing her having to suffer the torment. “Now you know what it's like… having the only one you ever loved taken away from you!”
He was hinting at, and conjured the images back at Terra's old school when she told Beast Boy, “Things Change…!” and this made Terra feel all the more ashamed and stricken with guilt, and the other titans were tormented by other images of them being complete, and total harsh morons to Beast Boy, not just for reading his diary wrongfully, but for every last time they were mean to him, gave him the look, or when Raven smacked him in the face or the head, even if he was right!
Copy-Cat was the only one immune to it because he had no connection to ever hurting Beast Boy in such manners. “Don't listen to him…!” he said to the others. “Can you not see…? This is how he wants us to feel. Hatred and negativity make him stronger.”
The others knew he was right but it was so hard not to think about it. So many horrible things they had done and were still happening. However, Terra began to find what she was looking for. She couldn't change the past, but she could make the future better. “This time… for ALL OF US!” she said as she stood. Then she dashed to try and get tot eh real Beast Boy, but the evil one slammed her back from whence she came. Over, and over, and over…! Terra just wouldn't stay down. “She's either brave or just stupid…” Raven said.
“She is trying to save the real Beast Boy.” said Starfire.
“Girl's got guts!” added Cyborg, and he suddenly had an idea. It was a long shot, but maybe it would work. One by one, they each started going towards Beast Boy trying to distract the evil one believing he couldn't get to them all at once. “I must not let them ruin things!” the evil one thought to himself. He had to try and stave them off until his other half had completely vanished.
Right now the vanishing had only reached past the knees; he never realized it would take so long. Still, he had to keep going at it. The struggling and fighting waged on. The longer it took, the more the real Beast Boy faded and the evil one got stronger.
By this time, now all the victims were starting to slowly fade into the darkness. “It is… not… working!” cried Starfire.
“He's too fast and strong.” added Raven, but Terra was still not giving up and formed a plan with Copy-Cat and Cyborg. The boys made it look like they were charging straight for Beast Boy, deceiving the evil one into attacking them both, which gave Terra the perfect chance to sneak past him and reach Beast Boy.
“What?!” shouted the evil one.
By now the vanishing had already consumed a lot of Beast Boy. His legs were completely gone and were his arms, and the lower part of his body, and he was still slipping away. Terra had to act fast and there was only one thing she could do now. “Beast Boy…!” she said, and then she grabbed hold of his face and placed her lips over his.
“No…! Wait…!” shouted the evil one. That's when he began to glow and roar in pain, while the real Beast Boy began to glowing too, and his body was slowly returning. His eyes twitched softly and he began to awaken. “Beast Boy…” Terra said
“Ter…ra…?” Beast Boy peeped. It was working. Terra was so happy she kissed him again, and this time he kissed her back. The evil one could feel his strength fading fast. “It is working…!” cried Copy-Cat.
With the hate weakening, the other victims began to stir as well. When Terra broke away from Beast Boy, he never felt such a feeling before… a feeling so strong. “DUDE…!” he shouted and managed to break completely free! “Thanks, Terra! I needed that.”
Terra grinned and hugged him tight. The titans walked over to him, and the all welcomed him back, and Copy-Cat congratulated Beast Boy.
“No…!” shouted the evil one “I won't be defeated again! I've waited too long for this!”
Copy-Cat stared at the evil one. “Terra has proven she loves him.” he said “And he has found what he has been searching for. No matter strong the hate is… Love will always be there to counter it.”
The others all agreed and Copy-Cat gazed at Beast. “You have found the power and strength you need…! Now vanquish this evil incarnation of hatred, and set us all free of this nightmare.”
“With pleasure…” Beast Boy said as he and Terra made their way towards the evil weakened one who had no power left in him to even run. “You can't do this to me!” the evil one shouted “Remember how you wasted all those years suffering, while all these other people had it better than you? Remember all the hate, the rage ad jealously you felt? YOU NEED ME…!”
“Wrong, dude…! Way wrong!” Beast Boy said “You're right, I did feel the hate, but now… I have a real chance to make things better.” He gazed over at Terra and his friends “And this time… I'm going to do it the right way… without you!”
The evil knew he was ultimately beaten. “Fool…!” he sneered “You can never defeat me. I am the very force of hate. I will always exist. I'll see you all in HELL YET!”
“No…” Beast Boy said “I'll see you in the BELLY OF THE BEAST!” And he forced his way, magically, into the evil one merging into him. The evil one yelled and screamed in pain as he felt the love consuming him. While at the same time, the victims had vanished, and the realm began to collapse like a cavern.
“Beast Boy…!” called Terra “BEAST BOY…!” but suddenly, she and the other titans vanished and left the evil one to continue screaming in pain as the realm and his body began to bust with glows of light so blinding!
The very Earth began to rumble and quake as the hatred had begun to lift and all the souls were returned to their bodies, all alive and well, and all the damages went back to normal.