Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Incredible Beast ❯ Wanted for Murder ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
(Beast-Boy's Voice)
 
“Here are some scenes from the last exciting episode of “The Incredible Beast”
 
...
 
Garfield Logan, and his Foster mother, Dr. Rita Dayton, both studied into the hidden strengths that all humans have.
 
In an astonishing theory, Garfield and Rita discover that it its actually high-levels of Gamma radiation caused by sunspots on DNA that summon forth this strength.
 
To Test his theory, Garfield bombarded his body with Gamma-radiation, unaware that he used a far higher does than intended.
 
Upon trying to fix a flat tire in the rain, Garfield injuries himself, thus triggering a startling metamorphosis within his body…
 
 
EPISODE TWO
 
Part Two
 
 
The night had past, and by the lake in Jump City, a young-girl was fishing while her father was busy cutting firewood. Suddenly… a large shadow fell over the child. She slowly turned round, and gasped…
 
There, standing behind her was a huge monster that greatly resembled a werewolf. I t gazed down at her and only grumbled softly, as if it were confused… but the girl SCREAMED in horror.
 
The creature winced back at her scream, and before he knew it the girl was calling for her Daddy, as she scrambled into her canoe and tried to get as far away from the monster as she could.
 
He father peeked form around their cabin. “Honey…!” he cried, and he dropped his axe and grabbed a shotgun. “Hang on I'm coming…!” but then he realized that the gun wasn't even loaded. “Oh no…!”
 
As he loaded the gun, the girl hastily made it far away from shore, but in her haste the boat tipped over and she plunged into the lake without a life-jacket. “Help me…!” she screamed, “Get me out…!”
 
The father was now panicking more than ever, but it was really the creature that seemed to be really concerned about the girl as she didn't seem to be swimming too well. He had to do something…
 
Then he gazed back behind him at the huge tree, and using his super-strength, he grabbed it, and pulled it right out of the Earth. Grunting and growling madly, he held the tree out like a long pole.
 
“No!” the angry father roared. “Leave my daughter alone, you!” but the creature didn't stop. The girl was still frightened however, but suddenly began to wonder if the monster was trying to help her…?
 
So she began to swim as hard as she could towards the tree, but her father was still clueless and assumed the monster to be nothing but trouble. “I'm warning you!” he shouted… and then POW…! He shot the Beast right in the arm.
 
The Beast roared in pain as his blood cursed forth, but all it actually seemed to do was set the Beast off in a fiery-temper as it dropped the tree, and leapt far over to the girl's father. “No…! No Wait…!” he begged, but the monster had grabbed his gun and snapped in half with his bare hands alone…
 
“Daddy…!” called the girl as she watched the monster pick her father up-over his head, and throw him about thirty yards out over the water. “DADDY…!”
 
The creature roared and growled mad, and began to dash off into the woods leaving the father to swim ashore and help his daughter. “Are you okay…? Did that thing hurt you?”
 
“That monster tried to save me Daddy.” The girl answered, “Hey! Where did he go?”
 
 
The creature, moaning in pain as he held the wound on his shoulder, walked deeper and deeper into the forest until he came across a small pool of water. That's where he finally could gaze at his reflection.
 
He just stood there gazing at what he looked like, all furry and bulky. As he felt his face with his hands, he began to feel really strange inside. His body then began to shrink down… the fur disappeared… and his face changed…
 
 
Garfield blinked twice, and swayed back and forth a bit. “Ooh… what… what happened?” he peeped softly. He just thought he had the weirdest dream, but then he noticed nearly-healed wound on his shoulder. “Ah…!” and the fact that partially most of his clothes were all shredded.
 
Then suddenly began to remember feeling angry, and something growling fiercely. “Dude… what's happening to me?” he asked softly. Then he suddenly realized what time it was. “I got to get to Rita!”
 
With that… he began to run back to town.
 
 
By the afternoon, Rita was at home worrying her head off. She was about ready to call the police about the disappearance of Garfield, when suddenly there was a pounding on the apartment door.
 
Rita answered it, “Garfield…!” she cried, and she would have scolded him if not for the sorry sate he looked. “Where have you been? What happened to you?”
 
Garfield was panting heavily having to walk the whole way without stopping. Rita then noticed the bullet wound on his shoulder, and though it seemed nearly healed she had to treat him.
 
Once he was all bandaged up, and donned on some proper clothes, “Rita…” he said, “Something really weird just happened to me.”
 
Rita listened to what Garfield had to tell her. She was most curious to wonder how he ended up in the fix he was in, and why he didn't come home on time last night.
 
Garfield explained… It was late; he was doing a few experiments at the lab. Then he lost track of the time and had to head for home. That's when the storm broke out, and he got a flat tire. He tried to fix it, but he ended up hurting himself…
 
“And then…” he paused.
 
“What…?” Rita asked. “What happened then…?”
 
Garfield wasn't sure. “I don't know. I-- I was angry. I was howling in pain, and then… I felt this… this strange force from within my body.”
 
Rita's eyes widened, “A force…? What force…?”
 
Garfield couldn't quite put his finger on it, it was all so blurry. “Wait…” he suddenly said. “I remember being angry… and then I felt this huge burst of energy coursing through my muscles… and then--”
 
He paused. “There was… there was, someone… something… blurry images of that monster flashed past him, but he couldn't quite understand it. “That's it… everything's a blank.”
 
“When I woke up… I was in the wood… with a gunshot wound on my shoulder, and my clothes were al ripped-up.”
 
Rita didn't know what to think, but this was starting to sound like the breakthrough they had finally been waiting for. “Garfield… what did you do last night at the lab?” she asked. “Did you examine yourself…?”
 
Garfield nodded. He explained how they were researching on how gamma rays in people's DNA was the source of the super-strength, and how he discovered that the reason he couldn't tap into it when his parents died, was because his was low.
 
Rita made sure to document this down, “So that's it…?” she asked. “Then you left and you had the accident…?”
 
Garfield suddenly looked worried about something, “Uh… no that wasn't all I did.” He said nervously. “You see… I wanted to test my theory and try to increase the levels of my own DNA… so I… went and gave myself a gamma-injection.”
 
Rita's head snapped up. “You what…?”
 
Garfield nodded, “I went into the lab, and used the gamma-ray injector and bombarded myself.”
 
“Oh Garfield…!” Rita said sounded really worried and concerned. “I told you not to do anything without calling me first.”
 
“I know… I know…” Garfield said, “But… I tired to call you at eight, but you never answered. I grew too anxious… and I just--”
 
Rita urged Garfield to calm down, “Never mind all that, what's done is done.” she said, “But just one thing… do you how many volts use used?”
 
Garfield nodded, “I turned the machine all the way up to three-hundred-thousand.”
 
Rita dropped her pencil, and a small moment of silence occurred. Finally she broke it by asking, “You turned the machine all… the way up?”
 
“Yes…” Garfield said. “I took an injection of three-hundred-thousand volts. That should be too bad.”
 
Rita slowly got up, “Garfield, don't you remember? I told you that most of the lab's equipment had been upgraded.”
 
Garfield's eyes bulged, and he slowly got up and looked his foster mother in the eyes, “What…? Even the Gamma unit?” he asked.
 
Rita nodded, “Didn't you see the white slip of tape on the dials?”
 
“Yes… but there was no writing on it.” Garfield was beginning to grow frightened. “Are you saying…? I may have given myself a far higher dose than intended?”
 
Rita wasn't sure, but one thing she knew, “Come! We're headed for the lab.”
 
 
They made sure to stop by Murakami High so Garfield could give his excuse-slips and gather up every last bit of research from his locker. Terra noticed her Fiancée seemed to be acting in a panic. “Garfield what's wrong?” she tried to ask.
 
“Sorry, Terra… can't talk now.” he quickly said before he rushed out the doors. Terra blinked twice, she had never seen him act in such a hurry before…
 
Jackie and Jillian however got the impression, “That geek-a-zoid is up to something.” Jackie said
 
“Oh yeah…” Jillian said, “Whatever it is… we're gonna bag some info.” So the girls actually decided to cut class, and began to follow Rita and Garfield in their own car.
 
They made sure to stay out of sight, especially when they came near the lab. They just waited outside until they could find the chance to bump into Rita and Garfield.
 
 
Once inside… Garfield showed Rita what he did in the Gamma-Injection room, and Rita could see that the tape had no writing on it. “This unit was upgraded…” she said, “But how much I don't know.”
 
This really concerned Garfield, “So we won't know how many volts I hit myself with…?” he asked.
 
“Oh yes we will…” Rita said, “I'm going to give you the biggest and most thorough examination ever.”
 
 
Rita gave Garfield the many standard procedures, and even got him into doing some exercises to help his blood flow so she could examine its rate on the monitors.
 
An hour later, Garfield had just about had it, and Rita finally came up with the results. “Well…” he asked. “How much… did I hit myself with…?”
 
Rita was silent for moment, and then answered, “Somewhere between one, and two-millions volts.”
 
Garfield felt like fainting. “Two-million volts of Gamma Radiation?”
 
During the afternoon, Rita and Garfield went over everything, outside as they sat by the car...
 
Garfield still couldn't understand something. “Where did all this strength come from…? I still don't feel any stronger than I do now?”
 
Rita then suddenly had an idea, “Get in the car…” she told him. Garfield did as he was told, but he couldn't understand why. “Where are we going…?”
 
“Steve's old chemical-lab near the state-line.” Rita answered. “We're going to recreate what happened that night on the accident, and we're going to do it alone.”
 
As they drove along, they were unaware that Jackie and Jillian had heard their every word and were already on their trails. “You're not going anywhere, Brat-Boy…!” Jackie muttered.
 
“Ready or not… we're comin'” added Jillian.
 
 
Rita's husband, Steve, used to be a chemical-scientist, and he had a private laboratory in a lonely spot by the state line, far away from city-surroundings. When he had died, he left his wife the deed in his will, and allowed her to use it for her own uses.
 
It sure had been a while since she or Garfield had been to the lab, but it was just the place to carry out their experiments where no one could bother them.
 
The building was a simple little lab, two stories down. So on the surface it looked like an ordinary-house, but the lower-level had all the high-tech equipment, and closets filled with dangerous chemicals from Steve's old collections and discoveries.
 
There was also a large chamber, shaped like a pod. With an inner, and outer layer to protect things like that. Rita told Garfield to step inside. “We're going to recreate what happened to you last night.” she said, “It might give us the answer to what happened.”
 
Garfield decided to go along with it. “What have we got to lose?” So he hopped in, and the reinforced doors and locks were shut tight.
 
Rita turned on as much of the equipment as she could, and including the lights inside the chamber. “You okay in there Garfield…?” she asked.
 
“Everything's a-okay…” he said. “Now… just one thing. It was rainy that night. I doubt you can actually make it rain in here.”
 
His foster mother smirked, “Don't count me out yet.” She said, “Just opened the water pipes above your head, and let me do the rest.”
 
Before long it was as if it was actually raining inside the pod, and Garfield was getting wet. “Okay… but there was thunder and lightning too.”
 
Rita couldn't do much about that, so they both decided to carry on without it. “Now… think back.” Rita said. “Act out every little bit on the night before.”
 
Garfield did as he was told and pretended he was fixing the car tire. Only he wouldn't really injure his hand. But he was acting just as angry he was when he had, and that was the point where it would have begun to happen…
 
…but nothing happened. “Nothing…” he even tried pulling on the huge locked inner-hatch, hoping he could just pry it right off. “Still nothing… GARGH…!” he growled in frustration. “Rita shut the water off will you; it's getting cold in here.”
 
Rita shut the water off, and it turned out that their experiment didn't work. All that time she had monitor Garfield's brain-activity on the scanners. It hardly changed at all. “Garfield, I think we're going to need to try something a little more intense.” she suggested.
 
What she was about to suggest what was possibly something she'd never before ask him to do. “I want you to relax… and think of things that upset you.”
 
Garfield had never looked so confused in his life. “What…?”
 
His foster mother explained that maybe acting upset and angry wasn't enough. “I think you actually have to be upset for this to work.”
 
Garfield never thought of it that way before, and no matter how crazy it seemed, and as much as he really didn't want to do it… he could think of no other way to get his answers to what happened to him. He decided to go with it…
 
He lay down on the bed inside, and began to concentrate hard. Rita remained by the equipment, and got out her handy-dandy pocket-recorder. “Patient is still calm…” she spoke into it, “No indication of change yet on the graph.”
 
In the midst of his thinking, Garfield fell into a deep sleep, which Rita supposed was an okay thing to happen, because maybe he would start to dream up things that bothered him...
 
About an hour had pasted and, “Patient still shows no sign of frustration.” Rita said to her recorder. Then suddenly, “Wait… this is it.”
 
The levels on the graph were starting to rise indicating tension. She looked at her foster son from outside. He was fast asleep, but with a deep dark expression on his face, and he was twitching a little.
 
He was dreaming very deeply… dreaming about the accident with the boat, and his parents twelve years ago.
 
The more he dreamt, the higher the level of tension grew on the graphs. “Most interesting.” Rita said to her recorder, “The tension is level is nearing the critical zones, but I'm going to continue testing Garfield for a just a while longer.”
 
 
Garfield's nightmare was growing worse…
 
There he warm the helpless five year-old, unable to move the boat to get his parents out before they died. The flames were all around him, and growing bigger by the minute, and he was still struggling to get in the boat to save his parents.
 
 
“Mmm! MMM…!” Garfield's moaning was growing worse by the minute. Rita was getting ready to wake him up…
 
 
Suddenly… IT HAPPENED!
 
The boat exploded, and claimed the lives of Garfield's parents.
 
 
“NO…!” Garfield snapped upright.
 
SNAP!
 
“Huh…?” Rita gazed at the graphs and realized they were going crazy. As she spoke into her pocket recorder, she heard the sound of something growling form inside the chamber, and what she saw almost made her drop it!
 
There in the chamber, right where Garfield was before was a large, furry werewolf like creature, and it looked awfully cross! It took just one look at her and roared loudly. Rita backed away, believing that the beast was locked up inside the chamber.
 
She could already tell what was gong on, and she reported into her recorded that her Forster Son had transformed into some strange animal. IT was at least seven feet tall, with huge muscles, and sharp teeth and claws.
 
It jumped off of the bed, and began to smash all the pipes and power-boxes inside the chamber. Roaring and growling louder than a banshee. Rita made sure to report that creature was seemingly rage-driven.
 
But suddenly she grew frightened as the creature began to pound, and smash at the inner-hatch, and that metal was supposedly unbreakable. According to the workmen who built-it, “Only a pile-driver or two could break through this baby.” And yet the creature was breaking through it with its bare hands alone.
 
BOOM! The inner-hatch was smashed right off. Rita reported that “The creature… IT'S BREAKING LOOSE!”
 
 
Outside…
 
Jackie and Jillian had been hiding outside for a long time, and they could hear the sounds of the growling, and Rita's cries from where they were. “Yo'… sounds like something big is going on in there.” Said Jackie.
 
“Totally…” Jillian answered. “Did she just say… creature?”
 
That's when the monster's ROAR was heard again. The girls whipped out their cameras. This was probably what they were looking for since last night's report… in regards to that car accident in the ravine.
 
They would have knocked on the door, but they didn't have to. Being pranksters, they were good at picking locks, and let themselves inside. “Whoa… would you check out all this cool stuff…” Jackie said as she and Jillian looked around on the upper-floor.
 
There were all kinds of old equipment, and canisters of chemicals. Suddenly, Jillian found the entrance to the basement, which obviously had to be where the action was, “Pst… Yo' Jack… this way.”
 
Jackie hastily walked out from the closet, and accidentally knocked over a chemical container, unnoticed of the warning…“Extremely dangerous! Handle with care” the canister began to fizz, and sizzle… and gas started to hiss out from it…
 
But the girls were too busy, doing their thing with the locks on the basement door to really notice.
 
 
Down in the labs.
 
BOOM…!
 
BOOM…!
 
The creature had now successfully, after a long term of bashing about, broken out of the chamber completely through he walls of the hull. Broken glass, and scraps were everywhere… and Poor Rita was backing away from the snarling beast that was staring at her without even blinking its huge angry eyes.
 
It growled and gnashed it teeth at her. Then it finally picked her up off the ground. “Oh! OH..!” and she dropped her recorder. The creature saw this and smashed it to bits with his huge foot.
 
“Garfield…!” cried Rita, “Garfield it's me. It's Rita. Your foster mother!”
 
The creature continued to growl as he held her tight in his huge hands.
 
“Garfield, please! I don't want to hurt you.” she cried. Those words suddenly began to soften the creature's growls, and then, he saw something sticking out of the pocket of her lab coat. He gently grabbed it as he gently placed her down on the sofa.
 
The Beast could see a picture of Garfield and Rita during his tenth birthday. “Garfield…” Rita said, “It's alright… I don't want to hurt you.” She raised her hand and gently touched the creature's face.
 
The creature looked confused as he gently places his hand over hers, and suddenly… he felt his strength dying down again just like at the lake. In almost no time Garfield was back to normal again, but feeling really woozy. “Ohh… my head!” he groaned. “Huh…? Uh, Rita… how did I get out here?”
 
Rita told Garfield to sit down. “Don't you remember what happened…?” she said motioning to the mess in the lab, but Garfield didn't remember anything, except that he was dreaming about the tragedy that killed his parents, “Then everything went black. I don't remember a thing that happened…”
 
Even though Rita's recorder was destroyed, she witnessed everything that happened. “Garfield… there's something you need to know…”
 
For ten minutes she explained what had happened, and Garfield was totally speechless. In fact, he was just sitting there with a face you'd have from listening to a Frankenstein story. Wide eyes, dropped jaw, and a complete loss for words.
 
He was in shock due to the fact that he had transformed into this hulking creature with the strength of about at least fifty men. “But that can't be…!” he suddenly said, “I honestly don't remember anything. I-- I remember being angry, and frustrated…”
 
Rita ushered him to take it easy. “Garfield…! This may be frustrating, but I'm going to ask you not to lose it again.”
 
She was referring to the fact that the creature didn't appear until he had lost his nerves early in the chamber. Garfield calmed down, but now… he really felt confused again, “What's happening to me? How did this happen…? What is that… that… monster?”
 
Rita didn't know for sure, but both she and Garfield were convinced that it had something to do with the over-dosage of radiation he had injected himself with the other night. “It must be a reaction to the nerves… that unleashes an all-mighty outburst of unbelievable strength.” Rita suggested.
 
That made sense to Garfield. It meant that somehow his anger, when exceeded, would cause his body to undergo a startling transformation into the beast. So at least he knew that the best thing to do was watch his temper.
 
They also noticed that the wounds Garfield had suffered as the creature had nearly healed. He had cut himself badly on the shards of broken glass everywhere, yet now they were nearly healed completely.
 
“Obviously… the creature is capable of healing his cells at a faster rate than normal people.” Rita suggested.
 
Garfield was only concerned about one thing now. “So, what do we do about it?” he asked. “Now that we know what it is, and how it happens. How do we control it…? How do we stop it?”
 
Rita knew he had a point. He did just wake up with absolutely no memory of ever being that creature, which obviously meant that he had no will of his own while as the beast, and realizing that it was driven by rage, and anger… not to mention what it had done to the lab, and nearly hurt Rita too. “It's too dangerous to test… even way out here.” Garfield said.
 
Rita knew that was right. Despite this being that big breakthrough she and her fellow scientists were waiting for, a way to summon up super-strength by will; this was far too dangerous.
 
Especially seeing as how it was just proven that Garfield could transform even while he slept at nights and had those nightmares again of his traumatized past.
 
“I'll try running some tests on the gamma rays. Maybe we can find out how to reverse it.” Rita said. “But I must tell you, I've never known how to reverse effects caused by gamma radiation before.”
 
As Rita got down to her work and Garfield began to help clear up the mess. “What's that noise…?” he asked. Rita heard it too. The sound of something scraping at the locks by the basement door.
 
Garfield marched over and opened it up, and was surprised, not to mentioned near outraged, “Jackie! Jillian!” he sneered, “What are you two doing here?” added Rita. “This is private property.”
 
The girls quickly tried to cover-up their true intentions, “We were passing by heard a big nose. Like a monster.” Jackie said.
 
Rita and Garfield realized that no one else could know about their discovery. “There was no monster in here.” Garfield lied.
 
“Yeah right… then what the heck happened down here?” Jillian asked observing the mess. “And what about that…?” she pointed a huge footprint in the broken glass on the floor.
 
A huge footprint that couldn't possibly had been made by any human-being. “Our dads discovered a foot-print just like that one, at the site of a car crash last night.”
 
She held up a copy of the paper, and it was indeed a picture of Garfield's shamed up car, and a foot-print identical to the one on the floor. Garfield quickly lied and said, “That wasn't my car…!”
 
“And that print ladies… was made by a spill. We had an accident down here.” added Rita. “Now the both of you… please leave here, or I'll call the police.”
 
The girls tried to protest, but Garfield suddenly grabbed them both by the neckties and dragged them out of the building all together… unaware that the closet was hissing with an explosive chemical from the canister Jackie had knocked over…!
 
 
It was dark outside, and Garfield had dragged the girls many yards from the building. “Yo' brat boy… hands off!” Jillian sneered as she and Jackie wretched out of his grip. “Hey! You're in big trouble kid! When we tell our dads about this--”
 
“SHUT UP…!” Garfield yelled at them both, and then he quickly realized he had to keep calm. “Girls… I beg of you.” He said calmly. “Don't make me angry. You really wouldn't like me when I'm angry.”
 
He gave them one last chance, “Leave here, and don't let me catch you bothering us again. We're NOT interested!”
 
 
While he was still outside talking to the girls, Rita was still tending to her research, when suddenly she smelled something funny. “What's that…?” She walked upstairs where the smell was stronger, and notice smoke coming from the closet.
 
She opened the door, and caught site of the canister, “WAAH…!”
 
KAPOW…!
 
KABOOM…!
 
KABLAM…!
 
The powerful chemicals exploded, causing a huge chain reaction of more chemical explosions that began to blow the house to shreds. Garfield and the girls saw it happen from out far. “RITA…!” Garfield shouted. “OH MAN…!” and he began to dash towards the flaming house, while the girls cowardly backed away.
 
“Rita…!” Garfield kept calling. “Rita! Answer me!”
 
He dashed around to the other side of the house where he could get a better look inside. There was poor Rita, lying injured and unconscious under a big pile of rubble. Surrounded by large flames.
 
“Rita…!” he shouted at her, “Rita… can you hear me?”
 
It was no good… he had to hurry up and get to her or she would die, just like his parents died… he wasn't going to let this happen. Not again! The door, however, was surrounded by flames, and he wouldn't be able to get through, and the other door was locked too.
 
“Come on…!” he grunted as he opened the door. The flames were already very serious, but if they had gotten to all those chemicals in the basement, the whole place would go sky-high!
 
“Rita…!” Garfield cried. “I'll… Save… You…! AAH…!”
 
SNAP!
 
His eyes had that glow again, and his body was quivering with anger, and outrage. His clothes and his shoes began to rip-up once more as he changed into the huge beast once more!
 
Realizing that he could trust the woman trapped inside, and that he just had to save her. He didn't bother to use the door. He growled fiercely and rammed himself right through the wall, just like a demolition-crane.
 
He quickly scrapped off the rubble that was trapping Rita, and scooped her up in his arms. She was in really bad shape, and had terrible burns all over her body.
 
 
Jackie and Jillian had still not left the scene, and were busy taking pictures of the fire, for their father's and their paper. They also used their cell-phones to call the fire-fighters. “Yo'… Jackie, look!” cried Jillian.
 
The front wall of the lab crumpled down as a huge werewolf-like creature smashed right through it. “Whoa…!” Jackie cried as she kept snapping photo after photo. “Hey! Look… that thing's got Dr. Dayton!”
 
The creature could see the two girls from that far, and roared at them! The girls flipped out and hid themselves behind the bushes, this let the creature escape with Rita in his arms, through the woods and out of sight… just as the fire-team and the authorities arrived.
 
 
In the woods…
 
The Creature set Rita down on the soft grass, but his efforts to save her were in vain. Her injuries were far too severe. She knew she would be gone any minute, but she looked up at the beast. “G-Gar…field…” she cried as a tear ran down her face.
 
“I'm so… sorry. This is… happening to you… again!”
 
The creature held her hand, and had a queer look on his face as if he were going to cry too…
 
“But… I--I want you to know… even though… you're not my son… always… re-- re-mem-ber… your mother… she loves you. With all… her… heart! Ohh…!”
 
Her hand slipped out of his. Her eyes closed, and she stopped moving. The creature looked heartbroken. As it gazed up at the dark night sky and ROARED…!
 
Before long, the creature disappeared into the night, and left Rita's dead body for the authorities to find.
 
 
A few days later…
 
All the students and staff of Murakami High, all the scientists from the lab. They were all dressed in black, and gathered at the cemetery… for a double funeral.
 
Two stones stood side-by-side…
 
“Rita Farr Dayton”
 
“Garfield Mark Logan”
 
There was even a casket in front of Rita's grave with flowers placed all around it. Terra even offered a bouquet of Roses to Garfield's stone, which broke her heart for the millionth time since she had learned that he was supposedly killed!
 
It hurt so incredibly much, that she could barley even speak. “Garfield…” she sobbed ever so softly. “I-- I'll never love another guy. You would've wanted it.”
 
She gazed down at her engagement-ring, which she vowed from that day forth never to remove! “You and me… together!”
 
Terra dabbed her eyes with her black hankie, “Forever…”
 
As the funeral crowds began to break-up and leave, Terra remained where she was, kneeling over Garfield's stone. She just couldn't believe that he was dead… “He can't be gone. I love him!”
 
“Sorry, girl…” Jackie said. “At least we got a fix on who did this.”
 
Jillian showed her their father's latest paper. The headlines read, “Beast Kills Two”
 
“Our dads gave a description to all the law-enforcement agencies. They got a warrant for murder on that creep.”
 
Terra couldn't believe those two as she snapped upright. “How can you two go on about all this sudden burst of fame when two people lost their lives!” she sneered.
 
Jackie and Jillian were silent, “That's what I thought!” Terra snapped, and she ran away sobbing. “Man… she really needs to get another guy.” Jillian said. Jackie agreed, and then they were the last people to leave the site.
 
That's when Garfield, who was hiding behind a tree all this time, poked his head round. He had heard everything, of how the creature was wanted for murder, and he couldn't prove that he or the creature didn't commit it.
 
He crossed over towards his own grave and looked down upon it in shame. He wasn't dead, but he couldn't let anyone know that. He was wanted for murder, and he was still stuck with his major problem.
 
He then gazed down at Rita's grave, and a tear ran down his cheek. “I'm so sorry Rita.” he said. “I will find a cure. Even if I have to go all over the world!”
 
He then lay a small flower at the top of the casket. “I love you… Mom! It's just a shame you never said that to me.”
 
(Sad Walking away music)
 
Garfield then turned, and picked up his backpack, and began to walk down the road, and out of Jump-City…
 
He was now a lonely man, wandering the world, in desperate search to find a cure for himself, and while he would be at this, he would have to keep in mind to watch out for anyone who would have known him… and stay away from the authorities.
 
“RE-CAP”
 
Garfield Logan.
 
Boy Genius; Scientific assistant. Searching for a way to tap into the hidden strengths that all humans have. Then an accidental overdose of gamma radiation interacts with his unique body chemistry.
 
And now when Garfield Logan grows angry or outraged, a startling metamorphosis occurs.
 
(Garfield Changes, and breaks things)
 
The creature is driven by rage and pursued by the daughters of investigative reporters.
 
Garfield: "Girls… don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.
 
(The lab explodes)
 
An accidental explosion took the life of a fellow scientist and supposedly Garfield Logan as well. The reporters' daughters think the creature was responsible.
 
Jillian: "They gave a description to all the law enforcement agencies; They got a warrant for murder out on him."
 
(The BeastRoars)
 
(Garfield visits the gravestone)
 
A murder which Garfield Logan can never prove he or the creature didn't commit. So he must let the world go on thinking that he, too, is really dead, until he can find a way to control the raging spirit that dwells within him.
 
“THE INCREDIBLE BEAST”