Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Incredible Beast ❯ Intermission ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

INTERMISIION CHAPTER
 
It was still raining hard, and it looked as if it was going to continue on even after nightfall.
 
Beast-Boy had just finished up the previous chapter of his story and gazed back at the pile of pages he had made. “Dude…” he said to himself, “I never knew I could do this much in my life.”
 
What really amazed him was he was still pumped up and ready to do the next chapter as well, but he was out of paper, and his typewriter was running low in the ink-strip. “Dude… no way!” he nearly panicked.
 
But then he remembered, there were more rolls in the case his typewriter had come in. “Thanks, mom…” he prayed up to the sky. Now all he needed was more paper, and there was plenty of it in the one of the storage closets in the evidence room.
 
 
Robin was still in the evidence-room still trying to crack more mysteries about Slade. Perhaps he would be able to discover all of the vile villain's weaknesses so that one day the Titans would finally capture him and be rid of him for good.
 
Just then Beast-Boy walked into the room and was heading for the storage closet. Robin however was so wrapped up in his own thoughts, he swore he was being snuck-up on, and turned round with his Robin-Blade-Fist… “HAAA…!”
 
Beast-Boy screamed, and Robin stopped in midair and fell SPLAT on the floor. “Dude… take it easy!” cried Beast-Boy.
 
Robin apologized, and he realized that he had left the door wide open. “I really have to get a “Do not disturb sign.” he said to himself. When he turned back to Beast-Boy he saw him grab a whole pack of blank paper, but he had already left without saying a word.
 
Robin wondered what he was doing…
 
 
As Beast-boy walked back to his room he accident tripped on his own feet, and nearly fell forwards to the floor, but Cyborg caught him. “Yo' man… take it easy.” he said.
 
Beast-Boy sighed in relief. “Thanks, dude… I owe you one.” He said before he picked up the pace and walked on. “Yo'… what's all that paper for…?” Cyborg called. “Nothing really…!” Beast-Boy called back.
 
Cyborg thought that was a pretty big nothing…
 
 
Beast-Boy ran into all the other Titans on his way back to his room. He passed Starfire, who was walking Silkie through the tower, since they couldn't really go for a walk in the rain.
 
Terra had finally woken up from her long nap, and tried to flirt with Beast-boy as he passed right by her, but her Husband simply said, “Sorry Terra… busy… I can't talk to you now.”
 
Terra found that confusing. Usually Beast-boy would want jump all over her the first chance he got. He never once passed-up a make-out invitation before.
 
It was the same thing when Beast-Boy walked into the lounge to grab a soda, and some vegan-snacks. Raven and Copy-Cat, both finished Raven's new book already, they didn't question him, but they did gaze at each other in confusion.
 
Beast-Boy had already left before either one of them could try and sense what he was up to with all that stuff. Yet, when they decided to go to his room and ask him, there was a “Do not disturb sign he had made stuck to the door.
 
All the Titans soon found themselves outside the door, all wondering the same thing. “What's he doing in there…?” Robin wondered.
 
Starfire felt a little worried. “I hope that our friend is contracting any forum of illness.”
 
“Please…” Raven said, “The way he was holding all those snacks…? He'll probably just get a stomach-ache.”
 
Cyborg suggested taking a more thorough look into Beast-Boy's room with the security-cameras. They saw him seated at his desk, with the large stack of papers he got from the closet, another stack to his other side with writing on the pages, and there he went… typing on that typewriter.
 
“If I didn't know any better… I'd say he's wrttin' a book.” said Cyborg.
 
Terra thought that was interesting. “He hasn't written so much as an oral-report since we went to High-School.” she said, “But… what's he writing about?”
 
The others all gazed at Copy-Cat, but he shook his head, “You are well aware my foresight does not work on images and pictures.”
 
Robin then noticed the top page… “Cyborg… zoom into onto that page. Let's see what it says.”
 
Cyborg complied, and zoomed-in until they could all read the re-caps of the story's intro-plot…
 
Garfield Logan
 
Boy Genius; Scientific assistant. Searching for a way to tap into the hidden strengths that all humans have
 
Then an accidental overdose of gamma radiation alters his body chemistry.
 
And now when Garfield Logan grows angry or outraged, a startling metamorphosis occurs.
 
The creature is driven by rage and pursued by the daughters of investigative reporters.
 
Garfield: "Girls… don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.
 
The creature is wanted for a murder he didn't commit…
 
Garfield Logan is believed to be dead, and he must let the world think that he IS dead, until he can find a way to control the raging spirit that dwells within him.
 
“THE INCREDIBLE BEAST”
 
 
The other Titans suddenly felt Beast-Boy was writing something pretty deep, and while they were tempted to find out how it all went… they knew it wasn't nice to just spy on him like that. So they decided to leave Beast-Boy alone and wait until he was finished.
 
 
Beast-Boy realized, “Okay… I've done… I've done, Starfire, Robin, Raven, and Copy-Cat.” He was trying to decide which Titan would be next. “Hey… what about Cyborg…?”
 
The ideas already began to flow through his mind, and he carried on typing away…