Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Little Cherub II by Beautifulpurpleflame ❯ Cyborg's Slip ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I do not own the Teen Titans people!
Chapter 6
The little baby girl slept in her bassinet next to Ravens bed. Raven had fallen asleep after such an exhausting day. After she had had the baby Alex and the other Titans came in to see her. Alex was a little odd around the baby. He had known that he was getting a little sister, but now that she was actually here he was a little… unsure. It hadn't actually occurred to him that she was coming home with them.
Beast Boy had gone to the cafeteria to get himself something to eat. He was so excited and proud and filled with so many other emotions that he couldn't help practically skipping down the hall back to Ravens room. He entered as quietly as he could and saw that Raven was passed out, and so was their little girl. He went over to her and leaned over her bassinet to get a good look at her. She had the same features that Alex had.
Raven stirred and slowly woke up. She saw Beast Boy standing near the baby with a smile on his face. “See? She's not green,” she said in a tired voice.
“Nope,” laughed Beast Boy. He went over to Raven and kissed her. “How do ya feel?”
“Drained and tired,” she said pushing her messy violet hair out of her face. “Thank goodness that's over with.”
A nurse walked in and gave them a smile. “Hi, are you feeling well?”
“As well as I can be,” said Raven.
“Would you like to try and nurse her now?” asked the nurse.
“Sure,” said Raven sitting up.
Beast Boy stood back as the nurse picked the child up and carefully handed her to Raven. She pulled off the left side of her gown and revealed her swollen breast. Beast Boy couldn't believe that she, Raven, was exposing her breast out in public. Well, it wasn't really public. They were in a hospital and she was about to breastfeed her child. But it was still weird nonetheless.
Raven helped the baby to her nipple and soon the child began to feed greedily. Raven sighed quite relieved. “Thank goodness,” she said. “It took Alex a while to accept me.”
The nurse smiled and left them be. Beast Boy walked back over and watched as Raven laid her head back and let the child drain her of her nutrients. The little girl made sweet little grunts and groans as she suckled down the sweet milk. Beast Boy couldn't help but smile at the sound.
“We have to decide on a name,” said Raven sighing.
“That's right!” said Beast Boy. “I forgot that we had to name her.”
Raven let out a small, tired laugh. “Do you have any ideas?”
“Not really,” said Beast Boy scratching his head. “I never really gave it much thought. What about you? Do you have any ideas?”
“Kind of,” she said looking down at her daughter. “What about… Arielle?”
“Like the mermaid?” asked Beast Boy.
Raven gave him a tired, sarcastic look. “Well I wasn't quite thinking about the mermaid. I just like the name and it's begins with an A, like Alex.”
Beast Boy thought about the name. “Arielle…” he said a few times, trying to get a feel for it in her mouth. “It really does roll of the tongue. Arielle Logan… sounds great!”
“Why don't you decide on a middle name,” said Raven smiling. She was happy that Beast Boy liked the name. In truth, she had decided upon it months before when she had found out she was having a girl.
“Well… could it be after my mother?” he asked shyly.
“What was her name?” asked Raven, already knowing that she wasn't going to say no.
“Marie,” he said.
“Arielle Marie Logan,” said Raven thinking. “It's beautiful.” Beast Boy smiled proudly. He had helped in naming his daughter.
Two days later they brought her home. Alex was very excited now that he knew that she was coming home to stay with them. He had already gotten to hold her in the hospital and had just about fallen in love with her. Wherever Arielle was, Alex was. He watched over her like a little bodyguard and had soon become an expert on how to hold her.
“Auntie Starfire, you have to hold her head like this,” said Alex as they sat on the couch.
“Oh,” she said moving her hands. “Is this correct?”
“Yes,” said Alex pleased.
“Smile,” said Beast Boy aiming a camera at them. Alex let out a huge grin and Starfire smiled her sweet smile. Beast Boy took a picture and said, “Great!”
Starfire looked to Robin who was standing nearby. “Robin, would you like to hold the baby Arielle?”
“That's okay, Star,” said Robin. “You look like you're doing a fine job.”
“But you must practice,” said Starfire standing up and going over to him. “Once we are married we are going to have our own baby.” She handed the baby over to a nervous Robin who was now having a slight panic attack.
“Do we have to have kids right away?” he asked once he got a good hold of Arielle, and Alex had told him what to do.
“You said that we could have a child once we were married,” said Starfire innocently. “Do you not remember?”
“Well, yeah, but I was kind of hoping that we wouldn't rush into it,” said Robin.
“But you promised!” said Starfire growing upset.
“Uh, guys, could you not argue while you're holding my daughter?” asked Beast Boy growing nervous. Robin passed Arielle off to Beast Boy and he and Starfire went out of the room to discuss their future. Arielle started to fuss and Beast Boy decided to take her to Raven, who was napping.
She was curled up in the bed passed out. She felt completely exhausted and drained in more ways than one. Beast Boy had thought that there was something wrong with her, but Raven told him that she was supposed to be this tired after giving birth. She was quickly awakened by the sound of her child's cries. She sat up just as Beast Boy slide the door open.
“Oh, you're awake,” he said a bit surprised.
“I heard her crying,” said Raven putting out her arms so that she could hold Arielle. “What's the matter sweetheart?” she asked soothingly to the child. The baby just continued to whine and moan.
“I think she's hungry,” said Beast Boy.
Raven agreed and soon Arielle's cries were replaced by the sound of suckling. Beast Boy smiled and sat down next to Raven. He softly stroked Arielle's silky strawberry blond head. He had noticed that her hair was blond but in the light he could see a touch of pink. He guessed that it was probably influenced from Ravens violet hair.
“So what's been going on?” asked Raven leaning back against her pillow. “I know I've only been gone for three days, but I feel like I've been out of the loop for a week.”
Beast Boy laughed. “Don't worry, you haven't missed much. Robin and Starfire are having a few arguments on when they're gonna start having kids.”
“Let me guess,” Raven laughed tiredly. “Robin doesn't want any yet and Starfire wants one right now.”
“Yup,” said Beast Boy with a smile. “See? You're always in the loop.” He kissed her on the forehead and got up. “Are you all set?”
“I would like a cup of tea, if it's not too much trouble,” said Raven.
“You got it,” said Beast Boy with a smile. She smiled a tired smile back and closed her eyes, with Arielle all the while feeding her little tummy.
Beast Boy put the kettle on the stove and waited for the water to boil. Alex was watching his insect movie once again and was even wearing his cute little bug catcher outfit that his father had bought him. Robin had since returned, but without Starfire. He was now sitting at the table looking through the newspaper. Cyborg was sitting across from him eating a seven-layer sandwich. Beast Boy went over and took a seat while he waited.
“You and Starfire okay?” he asked relaxing into the chair.
“Yeah,” said Robin not looking up from the newspaper. “We're just giving each other a few minutes to clear our minds so we don't fight.”
“Argument was gettin heated, huh?” asked Cyborg swallowing.
“Just a little,” said Robin with a sigh. “I just don't think I'm ready to have kids just yet.”
“Dude, you're probably not even goin to have kids for another two years at least,” said Beast Boy.
“How do you figure?” asked Robin.
“Well you're probably not going to get married for like a year, right?” said Beast Boy. “And then it takes nine months to have a baby. Don't worry; you've got plenty of time to get ready.”
“I still don't know,” said Robin. “I just hate feeling rushed. When I proposed I was kind of thinking that Starfire wouldn't want to get married right away. I thought that if we were engaged she might calm down about the whole getting married thing. But if anything it's made her more driven than ever.”
“This is Starfire we're talkin' about,” said Cyborg. “The girl's been dyin' to get married and have a baby ever since she saw that Raven had one.”
Robin sighed and buried his head deeper into the newspaper. He knew what they were saying was right. He really wasn't sure what he was thinking when he proposed. Ah well, you do stupid things when you're in love.
“Man, I'm lucky Raven isn't pushing me into getting married,” said Beast Boy leaning back into the chair and putting his hands behind his head in a relaxed fashion. “I don't even think she wants to.”
“Well…” started Cyborg, and then he quickly stopped.
“What?” asked Beast Boy.
“Nothin',” said Cyborg quickly and stuffed his sandwich into his mouth.
“No, you were going to say something,” said Beast Boy.
“No I wasn't,” said Cyborg spitting crumbs everywhere.
“Yes you were,” said Beast Boy growing interested. “Now tell me what you were going to say.”
Cyborg swallowed and let out a long sigh. “Okay, but you have to promise you won't let Raven know I told you.” Beast Boy nodded. “Raven told me that she does wanna get married.”
“She does?” asked Beast Boy shocked.
“Yeah, but she made me promise that I wouldn't tell you,” said Cyborg.
Beast Boy thought for a few moments. “Wait a minute. If she wants to get married then why hasn't she told me?”
“She said that she knows that you're not ready to get married yet,” said Cyborg. “She also said that she doesn't think you're mature enough yet.”
“What?” he asked almost yelling. “Not mature enough?”
“Beast Boy, calm down,” said Robin. “I'm sure she just doesn't want to force you into anything you don't want to do.”
“Exactly,” said Cyborg. “She said she doesn't want to feel like she's nagging you.”
The kettle began to whistle and it took Beast Boy a second to remember that he was making her tea. He jumped up and began to fix her a cup, but his mind was on other things. He couldn't believe what he had heard. Raven wanted to get married? She didn't think he was mature enough?
As he reentered the bedroom he saw that Raven was no longer in the bed. She was brushing her hair in the mirror. Arielle was asleep in the little crib next to the bed. She was fast asleep but was still suckling with her little lips as if there was still milk to be had. Raven turned and smiled when she saw Beast Boy with the tea.
“Thank you so much,” she said walking over to him and taking the cup. She kissed him, but he didn't kiss her back. This caused her to feel as if something wasn't right. Her powers were dulled due to Arielle, who had the same affect on her as Alex, but she could still tell that something was off with him. “Is everything okay?”
“Uh yeah,” he said with a fake smile. The truth was that he had still been thinking about all of this new information as she had kissed him.
“It doesn't seem okay,” she said wanting to know what was wrong with him. “Is something bothering you?”
“No,” he said calmly but still fake.
Raven knew that that was a lie, but she also knew that he obviously didn't want to talk about it, so she wasn't going to push him. She went over to the bed and sat down to drink her tea. She watched Arielle as she slept. “Oh I hope she's a good baby like Alex. I hope she just sleeps through the night and won't be too fussy.” She looked over to Beast Boy, but he seemed less than interested. She now knew that something was definitely wrong. “Beast Boy what's wrong with you?”
“What?” he asked snapping out of it again. “Nothing, I've just… got a lot of things on my mind,” he sighed. “Listen, I'm gonna sleep in my own bed tonight.”
Raven was very surprised at this. “Oh… okay,” she said a bit confused. She then asked, “Are you mad at me for some reason?”
Beast Boy paused and then said, “No, I just… I just need to think. Ya know? I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed right now.”
Raven nodded and gave him a small smile. “Yeah, having a baby can do that.” He gave her a small smile and then left. Raven's smile faded away and she sighed. She knew that there was something he wasn't telling her.