Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Little Cherub IV by Beautifulpurpleflame ❯ We'll Get Through This ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Contrary to popular belief, I do not own or work for Teen Titans.
Chapter 2
After the initial shock of the twin news set in the calls were made to all the other Titans. Now there was a large fight going on. Titan against Titan, friend against friend, ally against ally. About what? If the pool money was to be doubled since Raven was having two boys. Needless to say, Cyborg was on the phone all day trying to work things out. Oh, and of course everyone sent double blessings to Raven and Beast Boy.
Raven was lying on the bed, fast asleep. She was exhausted from all of the news she had received, plus she was carrying twins, and she knew she deserved a good nap. This left Beast Boy alone to answer all of the questions.
“Do you know if they're gonna be identical?” asked Bumble Bee.
“Nope,” said Beast Boy, relaxing on the couch.
“So… I'm getting two brothers?” asked Alex.
“Yup,” said Beast Boy.
“Any names in mind?” asked Robin.
“Nope,” said Beast Boy.
“Are you excited?” asked Starfire.
“Yup,” said Beast Boy. He was really getting fed up with all of these questions. The truth was that he really didn't know anything; he was still shell shocked. Neither of them were ready for this. Twins? They had a lot of work two do. Well, he had gotten what he wanted. He wanted to be there for the birth of a son, and now he was going to be there for two.
“Where the heck are you gonna put `em?” asked Cyborg.
“Excuse me?” asked Beast Boy, who hadn't been paying attention.
“The babies,” said Cyborg. “Are you gonna put them in Alex's room or do we need to set up another nursery?”
“Oh, uh, I don't know,” said Beast Boy. “I'll have to talk to Raven.”
“Sooner or later we have to set up some new rooms,” said Robin. “Cyborg was talking about using the storage floor.”
“Which neither Raven nor I even knew about,” said Beast Boy a little bitterly.
“It was nothing personal,” said Robin.
“Yeah, I know,” said Beast Boy rubbing his eyes.
“Beast Boy, are you okay?” asked Starfire.
“Yeah, I just… got a lot of things on my mind,” said Beast Boy.
“Oh no!” said Starfire.
“What?” asked Bumble Bee.
“The last time Beast Boy said that he had the things on his mind, he did not talk to us or Raven for five days,” said Starfire upset. “Please, do not retreat to you room again!”
“Well, if I do, Raven will be there,” said Beast Boy. “But I'm not going to do that again, I've learned my lesson. And I really do have a lot of things on my mind.”
“Maybe you should go lie down,” said Robin. “You're looking a little stressed out.”
“Yeah, that does sound like a good idea,” said Beast Boy standing up. The others watched as he slowly made his way out of the room.
Alex sighed and said, “I wish my daddy wasn't so upset.”
“He's not upset, Alex,” said Bumble Bee sweetly. “Don't worry, he'll be fine.”
“I hope so,” said Alex. “I don't like feeling like this.” Alex was starting to become more aware of the little power he had. He saw that when someone was near him he felt the way they were feeling. He also noticed that when he talked to people they seemed to calm down and relax. He wasn't sure why, but he knew it had something to do with him.
Beast Boy entered he and Ravens room and saw her lying on her side, asleep. He went over to the bed and lay down next to her. She woke up slightly and moved closer to him. “Could you hold me, please?” she asked tiredly.
“Of course,” he said wrapping his arms around her. He rubbed her back and kissed her head. “Are you okay?”
“I don't know,” said Raven. “I'm not sure whether my hormones are making me upset, or the news of us having twins. I wasn't ready for this.”
“I know,” said Beast Boy softly. “Neither was I.”
“I can't have twins, Beast Boy,” she said, starting to cry into his chest. “I just can't. One baby is hard enough, but two? And what about Alex and Arielle? They're going to get neglected and then everyone will think we're horrible parents and then they'll get taken away from us and that will embarrass the Titans…”
“Shh, calm down,” he said holding her closer. “Everything's gonna be fine, I promise.”
“I didn't sign up for this,” she wept.
“I know,” said Beast Boy. “I know, but there's nothing we can do now. We're gonna have two little boys and when they're here you'll be happy.”
“I know,” she cried. “I just… I just can't believe it.”
Beast Boy held her as close as he could without crushing her. She needed to feel protected and safe at that moment. He always knew when she needed that. And now was one of those times. He had to make her feel better, because that would then make him feel better. And he wanted to feel better, too. He moved her away just so he could look at her.
“Hey, just think about it,” he said with a smile. “You have two little babies inside of you. Not many people ever get to have this experience. Do you know how special this is? Not only that, but lots of twins that are born today aren't even natural. They're the result of in vetro fertilization.”
“How the hell did you know those words?” she asked half laughing.
“I've been in one two many waiting rooms,” he chuckled.
Raven smiled and sighed. He always knew how to change her mood and make her feel like the world wasn't ending. “I guess it's not all that bad,” said Raven. “You do realize what everyone's going to say about me?”
“What?” asked Beast Boy.
“That I'm having a litter,” said Raven.
Beast Boy laughed and brought her close again. “Well, that's what happens when you're married to “Beast Boy”,” he laughed.
“I guess so,” she said with a smile. “But I still think you jinxed us.”
“Yeah, I know,” sighed Beast Boy. “I'm sure you'll be using that against me for the rest of my life.”
“Only when I'm mad at you,” she said kissing him. She rolled onto her back and let her back relax. She let out a long sigh as her muscles softened. “Funny. Here we always thought that Robin would father all of the boys in our little Titan family. And here you are three ahead of him.”
Beast Boy laughed. He looked at her ever-growing stomach. She looked to be at least five months pregnant, not four. He always felt secretly proud of himself when he saw Ravens pregnant stomach. Now that he knew that she was having twins, he felt doubly proud.
“Cyborg wants to know if we're gonna need another nursery or if we're gonna put them with Alex or even Arielle,” said Beast Boy.
“Well I think we're going to definitely need another nursery,” said Raven. “We can't put two infants in with Alex.”
“Okay, I'll let him know,” said Beast Boy. “We've got a lot of work to do.”
“No kidding,” said Raven closing her eyes. “We've got to go shopping for all new clothes and stuff again. And we have to learn about twins, which means we have a few books to pick up. But right now,” she said sitting up, “I need to get something to eat because I'm starving.”
“You are eating for three, now,” said Beast Boy sitting up with her.
“Ugh, don't remind me,” said Raven standing up. Beast Boy hopped up as well and the two headed back to the common room.
They sat down on the couch, Raven with an apple in her hand. Alex and Arielle had been there already and scooted up close to their parents. Alex was sitting between them and Arielle was on Beast Boy's lap. Raven caught Alex gazing down at her stomach every so often.
“You looking at me stomach?” she asked, after catching him staring.
“Yeah,” said Alex with an embarrassed, caught smile. “I just can't believe you have two babies in your tummy.”
“I know,” said Raven feeling her stomach. “Are you excited about getting two brothers?”
“Yeah,” said Alex. “I only wanted one, but two will be just as good.”
“You happy the be getting two little brothers?” Beast Boy asked Arielle. She looked at him quizzically. In her arms was her favorite doll, which she carried everywhere.
“Aless my brother,” she said.
“Yeah, but you're getting two more,” said Beast Boy.
“More brothers?” she asked.
“That's right,” said Raven.
“And I'm a sister!” she said proudly. Beast Boy and Raven chuckled.
“You're gonna be a big sister soon,” said Beast Boy.
“Big sister?” said Arielle excited.
“That's right,” said Raven. Arielle seemed pleased with this. She smiled contently at the thought of being a big sister, squeezed her doll, and focused her attention onto the television.
“So, are you ready to start school?” asked Beast Boy to Alex.
“Yeah, I'm real excited!” said Alex with a smile. He was glad that the conversation had finally turned to him.
“Only three more weeks,” said Raven. “That right! We have to go school shopping, too.”
“We are going to be busy,” said Beast Boy. “We should go shopping tomorrow.”
“For what?” asked Raven. “The babies or Alex?”
“We'll do Alex,” said Beast Boy smiling at his son. “He's only got three weeks; we've got five months left with the babies.”
“That's true,” said Raven. She smiled at her son and said, “Tomorrow is going to be an Alex day.”
Alex was beaming from eat to ear. It was nice to hear that they were going to dedicate a whole day to him. He never felt ignored or anything, but he did miss having quality time with his parents, who always seemed to be busy with other things now. And he knew that when his little brothers came he would really have to help them and put his own wants aside. There really was never a little boy like Alex Logan.