Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Little Cherub V by Beautifulpurpleflame ❯ Meant to Be ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I don't own Teen Titans, or anything else in this story… other than a few of the characters… and the ideas.
Chapter 4
“Are you kidding?” asked Raven.
“No, your blood result confirms it,” said her doctor, looking over the results.
Raven had been made to go see the doctor after she had had the flu for a week and it didn't seem to be lightening up at all. She hated going to her doctor, but she was so weak and miserable at this point she had agreed to go as soon as her husband had suggested it.
“What am I going to do?” Raven asked herself, placing her face in her hands.
“You should probably go home and let your family know,” said the doctor kindly.
“This is just… this can't be!” she said, her mind racing. She felt like she was going to fall off of the paper covered, pleather bed she was sitting on. The doctor softly put a hand on Ravens shoulder. Raven sighed and looked up. “I'm not sure what my family is going to say.”
“I'm sure they'll be there for you,” said the doctor with a smile. “Are you feeling okay?”
“No, I still feel sick,” said Raven unhappily. “But, I'm guessing I'm going to have to get used that, right?”
“Afraid so,” said the doctor. “But it won't last forever.”
“I know,” sighed Raven. She slowly slid off of the bed and stood up. “Well, I don't want to kill the messenger, so thank you. I better be getting home.”
“Okay, but if you feel sick you can lie down until you feel better,” said the doctor.
“No, I'm feeling okay at the moment,” said Raven. “I think I can make it home.”
“Alright, I'll see you in a few weeks, right?” said the doctor.
“Of course,” said Raven with a weak smile and she made her way out of the room.
Raven arrived back to the tower and wearily made her way to the common room from the garage. It was Saturday so everyone was home. The doors opened and she saw all three girls, Starfire, and Robin at the table. All but Robin, who was working on the bills, were coloring. The twins were chasing each other around the room, each claiming that they were the fastest, with Beast Boy right behind them trying to slow them down. Alex was meditating in front of one of the large windows. Nicholas, Justin, and Cyborg were watching a baseball game and asking everyone to keep it down. Bumble Bee was making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch. Yes, it was a very calm day.
“You're back!” said Austin excitedly and he stopped running, causing Aaron to run right into him, and Beast Boy almost tripped over them.
“What did I tell you guys about running?” scolded Raven, even though she wasn't in the mood for scolding.
“Only outside,” said Austin, standing up and then helping his brother up.
“Hey, how'd it go?” asked Beast Boy.
Raven waited until the two boys ran off to play and then grabbed Beast Boy's hand and led him out of the room. He found this odd, but he knew she never pulled him aside, away from everyone else, unless it was important. The door to the common room closed and the two were standing in the hallway.
“So what's up?” asked Beast Boy.
“I'm pregnant,” said Raven.
Beast Boy just stared at her for a second then cracked a smile and began to laugh. “Yeah, good one, you almost got me,” he laughed.
“I'm serious,” said Raven, looking straight into his eyes, her face as serious as could be.
Beast Boy slowly stopped chuckling and his smile faded. “Raven, don't kid around with me like this,” he said, growing serious as well.
“I'm not,” she said, crossing her arms and shaking her head.
Again, Beast Boy just stared at her, finally realizing that this was no joke. “But… but that's not possible,” he said, his mind beginning to race, just as his wife's had when she found out. “We've been using protection for the past like seven years! How can you be pregnant?”
“I don't know,” she said, on the edge of crying. “But somehow, despite the condoms and me being on birth control, I'm pregnant.”
They just stood there for a minute or two in silence. Raven wanted to cry and she was leaning against the wall. Beast Boy was lost in his thoughts and still hoped that this was some giant joke. He looked at his wife and saw that she was on the verge of tears. She was still feeling sick and all of this was just too overwhelming for her. He finally sighed and took her into his arms, which she quickly accepted.
“What are we going to do?” she cried into his chest.
“Well… we're gonna have another baby,” said Beast Boy.
“We can't,” said Raven. “We said that we were done after the twins. I didn't want to get pregnant again. I wasn't supposed to get pregnant again.”
“Well, obviously you were,” said Beast Boy comfortingly. “I mean, if you got pregnant even though we used everything not to, then I guess we were meant to have this baby.”
“This is more shocking than when I found out I was pregnant with Aaron and Austin,” said Raven. “And the last thing we need in the tower is another baby, especially another one of ours. Why did we have to have the most kids out of everyone? Why does this always happen to us?”
“Raven, calm down,” said Beast Boy, rubbing her back. “Look, you're just in shock; so am I. But there's nothing we can do now, right? So let's just relax and… we'll figure out what we're gonna do.”
“I think I'm going to be sick again,” she said and quickly headed for their bathroom, leaving Beast Boy alone in the hallway with his thoughts.
After Raven had gotten sick, and finally had that good cry she had been holding back, she lay on her bed feeling horrible. Beast Boy was lying next to her, trying to make her feel better. It was true that they weren't expecting another baby. No one in the tower was. They were sure that Justin was the last, though Bumble Bee was never actually pregnant with him so Starfire had been the last to be pregnant in the tower when she was having Nicholas. That was seven years ago.
“When should we tell everyone?” asked Beast Boy as he massaged her hand in his.
“I don't think I can,” said Raven. “I mean, I can tell the kids, but I just don't want to tell everyone else.”
“Why?” asked Beast Boy.
“Because they'll stare at me and have that same shocked expression that you had and I can only take something like that once a day,” said Raven. “Can you do it?”
“You want me to tell everyone?” asked Beast Boy.
“Could you?” asked Raven.
“If you really want me to,” said Beast Boy.
“I do,” said Raven. “And then we can tell the kids later.”
“Alright, I'll go do it now,” he said, kissing her and then crawling off of the bed. He knew that Raven hated any unnecessary attention and she really didn't like announcing that she was pregnant. So he wasn't all that surprised that she wanted him to tell everyone.
The common room was just as busy as it had been when he had left nearly a half an hour before. The kids had somewhat changed positions, but they were all still playing and all of the adults were doing odd jobs.
“Daddy, is mumma okay?” asked Arielle. “What did the doctor's say?”
“She's okay, she's just still feeling sick,” said Beast Boy.
“What were you guys doing?” asked Austin. “You've been missing for like ever.”
“I was just helping her get comfortable,” said Beast Boy.
“Oh,” said Austin, going back to doing whatever he was doing.
Beast Boy went over to all the parents, who were mainly in the kitchen area. They were talking casually and quieted down when he approached.
“So what's up, man?” asked Cyborg.
“Yeah, how'd Raven's appointment turn out?” asked Bumble Bee.
Beast Boy made sure all of the kids were occupied and then leaned in closer to them. “She's pregnant,” he said softly so that only the adults could hear. And, just as Raven predicted, they all had that same look that Beast Boy had had.
“Are you serious?” asked Robin.
“Yup,” sighed Beast Boy.
“She is with chi-“ started Starfire quite loudly, but Beast Boy quickly hushed her.
“Don't let the kids hear yet,” said Beast Boy. “Raven and I are gonna tell our kids when she feels a little better.”
“When can we tell our children?” asked Starfire.
“You should probably wait until tonight, just so they don't let my kids know before we get a chance to tell them,” said Beast Boy.
“So… you're really serious?” asked Cyborg. “This isn't a joke?”
“Trust me, I asked Raven the same thing,” said Beast Boy. “But she is. She's not happy about it, but she is.”
“I thought you guys said you were done having kids,” said Robin.
“We thought so, too,” said Beast Boy. “But I guess not. And we really tried.”
“Well I guess this baby is meant to be, then,” said Bumble Bee.
“That's what I said, but Raven's still in shock,” said Beast Boy.
“Well this explains why she's been so sick,” said Cyborg.
That evening after dinner, which Raven didn't make, it was time to let the kids know the “wonderful” news. Beast Boy gathered his four up and moved them to his room, where Raven was waiting.
“Mumma, are you feeling better?” asked Austin.
“Not really, but it's okay,” said Raven smiling.
“You're still sick, huh?” asked Alex.
“Well, kind of,” said Raven.
“Why are we all in here?” asked Arielle.
“Your mom and I have some exciting news,” said Beast Boy, smiling.
“What is it?” asked Aaron, sitting down on his parents' bed and bouncing up and down.
“Well,” said Raven, sitting down between all of her children. “I'm going to have another baby.”
The four kids' faces went blank and their little jaws dropped.
“You're pregnant?” asked Alex, shocked.
“That's right,” said Raven, smiling.
“Isn't that exciting?” said Beast Boy, sitting at the end of the row of people on the bed. The four were still very shocked and kept looking from their mother to their father, then back to their mother.
“You're really gonna have another baby?” asked Austin.
“Yes I am,” said Raven.
“Are you sure?” asked Arielle.
Raven gave a small chuckle and said, “Positive.”
It grew quiet again between all of them. Then, finally, Aaron began bouncing up and down on the bed again.
“Cool!” he said, giggling. “Finally, I'll be a big brother!”
“I can't believe it!” said Alex, hugging his mother.
“Now we'll outnumber the other kids!” laughed Austin.
“Yes!” the twins said together and high-fived each other.
“Is it gonna be a girl or a boy?” asked Arielle.
“We don't know yet,” said Beast Boy.
“Oh,” said Arielle simply.
“Aren't you happy, sweetheart?” asked Raven.
“Huh? Oh yeah, of course I am,” said Arielle smiling.
“Can we tell the others?” asked Aaron.
“If you want to,” said Beast Boy.
“Yes! Come on!” said Aaron and he and his brother bolted out of the room to tell the other kids.
“Well, congrats,” said Alex hugging his mother again and then his father. He stood up and headed out to find his younger brothers, who were no doubt causing a riot. Quietly Arielle stood up and exited as well. She went straight to Caley's room to tell her the news, if her brothers hadn't gotten to her already.