Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Little Cherub V by Beautifulpurpleflame ❯ It's Going to Be A ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I don't own Teen Titans, or anything else in this story… other than a few of the characters… and the ideas.
Chapter 5
Alex decided to ask his mother if she had made up her mind. It had been months since his father had asked her, and she had still not said anything. Of course, she had a lot on her mind, being pregnant and all, so he decided to ask her, just in case she had forgotten.
“Hey mom?” said Alex.
“Yes?” she answered. She was sitting at the table making a list of all the baby supplies she still had and what she was going to need. She was four months pregnant now and had finally gained control of her nausea.
Alex pulled a chair out across from her and sat down. “I was wondering something,” said Alex.
“What is it?” she asked, writing down another item.
“Well, do you remember a few months ago, like around my birthday, dad asked you if it was okay if I could go watch him in action and you said that you would think about it?” he asked.
“I think so,” said Raven.
“So, um, I was kinda wondering if, uh, you sorta…”
“You sound like you father when you stutter like that,” said Raven with a small smile. “Remember, think before you speak.”
“Well, have you made up your mind yet?” he asked.
“About what?” asked Raven.
“About if I can watch dad fight,” said Alex.
“Oh, that,” said Raven. She put her pen down and let out a long sigh. “I'm sorry, sweetheart, but I think you're still too young.”
“Oh,” said Alex. “Okay.”
“I know you want to go out and be in the middle of some battle, but I don't think you're ready,” said Raven. “But, don't worry, you'll get out there someday.”
“So it's not a hopeless dream?” asked Alex with a grin.
“There are no hopeless dreams,” said Raven with a small grin.
Alex smiled and then went off to his room. Well, at least now he knew that his mother wasn't totally against the idea of him watching his father. Of course, she still didn't know that he planned on making a career as a superhero as well. He would wait until she wasn't in such a delicate condition.
Beast Boy entered the common room with the twins. He had taken them to the park and they had gotten an ice cream on the way home. He saw his wife at the table and ran over to her.
“Hello,” he said, giving her a cold, sticky kiss.
She licked her lips and said, “Hi.”
“Whatcha up to?” he asked, sitting next to her.
“I'm making a list of all of the baby stuff we have and need,” sighed Raven.
“Kinda early, don't you think?” said Beast Boy.
“No,” said Raven. “I want to get it all done now so I don't have to go waddling through the mall when I'm all… fat.”
“Oh boy, the fat talk again,” sighed Beast Boy. “Look, you're supposed to get… big when you're pregnant. So don't freak out when you start to really show, okay?”
“I won't,” said Raven, pushing herself out from the table. She took his hand and began to walk out of the common room. “Wanna take a nap with me?”
“Don't we have a sonogram appointment today?” asked Beast Boy.
“Yes, but it's not until later,” said Raven, resting her head on his shoulder as they walked.
“Then a nap sounds good to me,” said Beast Boy, kissing her quickly as they walked.
The only good thing about Raven being pregnant was that they finally got to spend more alone time together, since she was usually tired and Beast Boy was the only one she allowed to take care of her. They also took more naps together, something they both enjoyed.
“You feeling better?” asked Beast Boy as they both lay down. “I mean, no more nausea?”
“I still feel a little wishy washy, but it's nothing I'm not used to,” she said as her body relaxed into the bed. Beast Boy got close to her and began to kiss her, making her smile immediately. “I love your kisses.”
“And I love kissing you,” he said, smiling, and kissing her even more. He slowly moved so that he was hovering above her. Raven sighed happily as her husband slowly covered her body with kisses. He moved down from her lips to her neck and then slowly pulled her shirt up, so that her stomach was showing. He kissed around her bellybutton, causing her to giggle.
“What are you doing?” she asked through her little laughs.
“I don't know,” he said smiling. He lay back down next to her and began to softly rub her stomach. “I just still can't believe you're pregnant. I thought I would never see you with a large stomach again.”
“It's not large yet,” said Raven.
“No, but it will be soon,” he said smiling. “And that's my favorite part.”
“Apart from the actual child, I hope,” said Raven.
“Oh yeah, of course,” he said and then kissed her again. He slowly moved off of her and took her into his arms, so that they could take their nap. He kissed her a few times on the back of the neck and then finally closed his eyes to sleep. He was so happy to have found his true love and know that she loved him just as much as he loved her.
Later that day Beast Boy and Raven went to their appointment, and this was a special appointment. They were going to find out if it was girl or a boy. That meant that the entire tower was a buzz. Everyone was taking his or her guess as to what it was. They decided not to take bets this time, since last time had resulted in chaos.
“I hope we get another brother,” said Aaron.
“Why?” asked Malissa. “There are already enough boys in the tower. You guys had better be getting sister.”
“I don't mind having so many boys in the tower,” said Arielle, who had been very quiet that day. More than usual, that is.
“How can you say that?” asked Caley in shock. “The last thing we need is another little boy bothering us.”
“They don't bother me,” said Arielle simply.
“Well they sure bother me,” said Caley, sitting down next to her best friend.
“I do hope it is a girl,” said Starfire. “We have not had a baby in so long and we have not had a baby girl in even longer.”
“Well, the odds are three to one that they'll have another boy,” said Robin.
“What do you want, Alex?” asked Cyborg.
“I don't know,” said Alex, thinking. “I guess I wouldn't mind another brother, but a little sister wouldn't be bad either.”
“All I know is that after this kid they better be ready to take some more drastic anti-pregnancy measures,” said Bumble Bee.
“Yeah, and I thought Robin needed the vasectomy,” chuckled Cyborg.
“A what?” asked Justin.
“Never mind,” said Cyborg, before he had to get into a very awkward conversation with the kids.
The door opened and in they walked, making everyone feel a rush of excitement. Beast Boy and Raven both had smiles on their faces, which meant that there hadn't been any unexpected surprises this time.
“Hey everyone!” said Beast Boy.
“You're back!” said the twins and ran over to their parents. “What is it? What is it?” They were jumping up and down in front of their parents they were so excited.
“Calm down,” said Raven, before her sons passed out.
“We just don't wanna wait any longer,” said Aaron.
“Yeah, tell us,” said Austin. “Please!”
“Okay, go sit down,” said Raven.
The twins sprinted over to the couch and sat down, where Arielle and Caley already were. Alex walked over and took a seat as well. Now was the big moment and everyone was quiet. The tower hadn't been that quiet in over a decade.
“You're going to have… a baby… sister,” said Raven. Everyone gave a small gasp, as was to be expected, and then there came a couple cheers.
“How wonderful!” said Starfire, clapping.
“Cool,” said Alex, smiling.
“Thank God!” said Caley, turning to her best friend. “You're gonna have a little sister! Isn't that awesome?”
Arielle was still shocked from the news and suddenly her eyes filled with tears and she ran out of the room, crying.
“Arielle?” called Raven.
“I'll go after her,” said Beast Boy, quickly running after his daughter.
Arielle lay on her bed, weeping. She knew she was supposed to be happy. She knew she should be telling her parents that this was wonderful. But she wasn't. She heard someone knock on her door and then come in.
“Arielle, are you alright?” asked her father.
“I don't wanna sister,” cried Arielle.
“Why not?” asked Beast Boy, sitting down on the bed.
“Because… because I won't be special anymore,” she wept.
“Why won't you be special?” asked Beast Boy.
“Because I won't be the only girl anymore,” said Arielle sitting up. “And I won't be your baby girl.”
“But you'll always be my baby girl,” said Beast Boy. He brought her close and sat her down on his lap. “And no matter what, you'll always be special.”
“I don't wanna sister,” she cried again, not being comforted by her father's words.
Her door opened again and Raven walked in, looking worried. “Hey,” she said softly. “What's going on?”
“Mumma, do you have to have a girl?” she asked, knowing the answer. She was just hoping for a miracle.
“Why don't you want a sister, sweetheart?” asked Raven, going over to the two and sitting down next to her husband.
“She's worried that she won't be special anymore, now that she's not gonna be the only girl,” said Beast Boy. Arielle shook her head and began to cry again.
“Arielle, just because you're getting a sister doesn't mean we'll care any less about you,” said Raven.
“But we won't be able to have our special girl time anymore,” wept Arielle.
“Yes we will,” said Raven.
“Yeah, but I'll have to share it with her,” said Arielle. “And I know I sound selfish, but it's the only thing I've ever had to myself.”
“Well, how about if we don't call it “girl time” anymore?” suggested Raven. “We'll call it… “BIG girl time”. That way it'll only be you and me. Does that sound better?”
Arielle thought and slowly nodded. “I guess,” she said, sniffing. “And it'll just be us? No little sister?”
“No, it'll still be our special time,” said Raven.
“And I won't call her baby girl,” said Beast Boy. “That's your special name.”
“But she is gonna be a baby girl,” said Arielle.
“Doesn't mean I can't still call you that,” said Beast Boy. “And I'll just think of a special name for her, so that no one gets confused.”
“You mean so you don't get confused,” said Raven. Arielle let out a little giggle and that made Raven smile, as well as Beast Boy, despite the shot his wife just took at him. “Do you feeling better now?”
“Yes,” said Arielle, wiping away the remaining tears that had stuck to her cheeks.
“Good,” said Raven, kissing her daughter's head.
There came a knock at the door, which surprised all three.
“Who is it?” asked Beast Boy.
“It's Caley. Is Arielle okay?”
“I'm okay,” said Arielle. “Come in.”
The door slowly opened and Caley popped her head in. “Why were you crying?”
“I was just upset, but I'm okay now,” said Arielle smiling. “Wanna play?”
“Sure!” said Caley.
“We'll leave you two,” said Raven standing up with Beast Boy right behind her. Once the two adults were gone the girls got right to work playing one of their favorite games… house! They both claimed their favorite doll and began the game.
“Just think, soon, we'll have a real baby,” said Arielle with a smile.