Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Little Cherub V by Beautifulpurpleflame ❯ Blast From the Past ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I don't own Teen Titans, or anything else in this story… other than a few of the characters… and the ideas.
Chapter 6
It was time for the BIG shop again and this time Raven and Beast Boy were in charge of the food shopping. Raven was five months pregnant and was finally showing enough that people could tell that she was pregnant. Luckily, she wasn't so big that her body was aching because of it yet, so she could still go out shopping.
“Do you need soy milk?” asked Raven, who had a three page long list of the food they needed and was pushing a carriage.
“Not this month,” said Beast Boy, who was pushing a carriage as well. “We bought too much last time.”
They moved out of the health food aisle and into the savings aisle. If there was a sale on anything, it usually ended up in their carriages. Raven scanned over the list and slowly began to grab items and toss them in.
“Hey, can I look at the list for once?” asked Beast Boy.
“No, I'm in charge of the list,” said Raven plainly.
“But I don't know what we need,” whined Beast Boy.
“I'll tell you what to grab, just like I always do,” said Raven.
Beast Boy sighed and pressed on. Raven would point and say, “That,” and Beast Boy would grab it and put it into the carriage. Raven was getting a little more controlling, now that her pregnancy was a little more than half way over.
“Raven, do we really need anchovies?” asked Beast Boy. “I mean, even Cyborg doesn't like them.”
“I know, but I've got a craving for them for some reason,” said Raven. “God, I hate getting cravings. Oh! That reminds me, we need pickles, dill pickles.”
Beast Boy had forgotten about all of this, but it was slowly coming back to him. Raven could get some pretty odd cravings when she was pregnant. He was happy, however, that most of it wasn't usually for meat products. So he was thankful for that at least.
“We need cookies,” said Raven.
“I thought Robin said no more cookies after Nick ran into the table when he was on that sugar high?” said Beast Boy.
“No more cookies for his kids,” said Raven. “But I want cookies; and our kids don't overdue it on the sweets, anyway.”
“Alright, cookies it is,” said Beast Boy and began to grab a few brands.
“Oh my god!” they heard a woman say behind them. That usually meant a star struck fan.
The two sighed and turned around, but who they saw shocked them. “T… Terra?” said Beast Boy at last.
Terra hadn't crossed their minds in years. After Beast Boy had found her, after defeating the Brotherhood of Evil, she had claimed that she had had no memories of every being a Titan. Which was true. Two years later she had somehow gotten her powers and memory back and entered their lives once more. They offered her a position on the team again, to Ravens dismay, but she declined. She said that the whole superhero business just wasn't for her and she had been enjoying her life as a normal citizen. But they kept in contact for a little while, before she finally drifted away from them and got back to her normal life.
“I can't believe it!” said Terra. “I haven't seen you guys in like fourteen years!” She looked as beautiful as ever, making Raven feel like a troll with her pregnant stomach. Her blond hair was still long and down, but she had finally filled out and become a woman. “How are you?” she asked, wrapping her arms around Beast Boy.
“Great!” said Beast Boy, hugging her back. “Is that really you?”
“Of course it is!” she smiled. She turned and saw Raven. “Hi, Raven.”
“Hello,” said Raven, being as pleasant as she could. “You're looking… wonderful.”
“Thanks,” smiled Terra. “You're looking… um…” Terra wasn't sure what to say, since she didn't want to say that she looked pregnant if she wasn't.
“Pregnant, yes I know,” sighed Raven.
“How far along are you?” asked Terra.
“Five months,” said Raven.
“Oh, this is the best part of the pregnancy, trust me,” said Terra.
“You have kids?” asked Beast Boy.
“Yeah, one,” said Terra with a smile. “A little girl. You wanna see a picture of her?”
“Sure!” said Beast Boy.
Terra reached into her purse and looked for her wallet. She grabbed it, opened it, and showed Beast Boy a few pictures of her daughter. “This is my favorite picture, isn't she sweet?”
“Yeah,” said Beast Boy, smiling. “How old is she?”
“She's ten, almost eleven,” said Terra.
“You're kidding?” laughed Beast Boy. “You've got a ten year old?”
“Yeah, I know,” said Terra. “But I got married kinda young and then I had her like a year later.” She flipped through the different pictures and showed another one to Beast Boy. “See, this is her and my husband, Jacob.”
Raven heard the name, and yet she didn't hear it at the same time. “I'm sorry, what's your husband's name?” asked Raven, her heart racing.
“Jacob,” said Terra. “See?” She showed Raven the picture of her little family.
Raven felt like her heart had stopped as she saw the picture. It was Jacob; her Jacob! All those years ago when she had seen him with his wife and baby daughter, that had been Terra! “Oh my God,” said Raven, not knowing that she had said it aloud.
“What's wrong?” asked Terra.
“Huh? Oh, nothing,” said Raven with a fake smile. “You're right, she is cute. Beautiful, really.”
“Thanks,” said Terra, sweetly.
“What's her name?” asked Raven.
“Jodie,” said Terra proudly. “So, what're you gonna name yours?”
“We're not sure yet,” said Beast Boy.
Terra looked at the two of them for a second, then cocked an eyebrow. “We're not sure yet?” she repeated back to him. “So… you two are? Oh my God, no way! You two are together! Wow, I never would've seen that coming.”
“Yeah, it was a surprise to everyone,” said Raven plainly.
“So, are you two married or what?” asked Terra with a smile, still surprised.
“Yes, almost a decade now,” said Raven, who really wanted Terra to leave now.
“A decade!” exclaimed Terra. “Are you kidding me? Hot damn! I never would've guessed. And this is your first kid?”
“Not exactly,” chuckled Beast Boy.
“What? Second?” asked Terra.
“Keep going,” said Beast Boy.
“You can't be having a third!” said Terra.
“Fifth, actually,” said Raven, growing impatient of this conversation.
“Fifth!” Terra practically shouted. “You already have four kids? Where the hell have I been?”
“Wanna see them?” asked Beast Boy, taking out his wallet.
“Sure,” said Terra, still in shock.
Beast Boy flipped his wallet open and a long strip of photos poured out. “That's Alex, he's thirteen, Arielle, she's ten, and our twins Austin and Aaron, who are seven.”
“Why aren't they green?” asked Terra.
“It's a gene thing,” chuckled Beast Boy. “I don't wanna get into it because I barely understand it. But they are mine.”
“And, Raven, you had twins!” said Terra, shocked once more.
“That's right,” said Raven with a forced smile.
“Jesus, I can't imagine having more than one at a time,” said Terra. “After Jodie I got my tubes tied. Birth is just way too painful.”
“Yeah, this is our last,” said Beast Boy. “She was kinda a surprise.”
“She? You're having a girl?” swoon Terra.
“Yup,” said Beast Boy proudly.
“Well, congrats!” said Terra.
“Thanks,” said Beast Boy smiling and wrapping arm around Raven, who really wanted to go home now.
“So what else have I missed since the last time I talked to you guys?” asked Terra.
Raven knew that they wouldn't be getting out of there any time soon. She sighed sadly and leaned against her carriage as Beast Boy began to fill her in on the part fourteen years of their lives. As they exchanged info, Raven watched as Beast Boy giggled and smiled with every word he said, and Terra did that same. Raven just gritted her teeth and did her best to stay calm.
When they finally got home Beast Boy excitedly told the others about their run in with Terra at the grocery store. Raven was not in the best of moods, something Beast Boy had obviously not noticed yet, and went straight to their room to cool off. Of course, she grabbed a snack first, since she was constantly hungry now.
“Who's Terra?” asked Alex.
“She used to be apart of our team,” said Beast Boy.
“So, why isn't she now?” asked Caley.
“She didn't really care for the superhero life,” said Robin.
“How did Raven take it?” asked Cyborg.
“Good,” said Beast Boy. Then he thought about it. “At least, I think so.” He looked around and saw that Raven wasn't in the room. “Where is she?”
“She said she was going to do the lying down,” said Starfire. “She told you before she left.”
“She did?” asked Beast Boy.
“Yeah, but you were too busy tellin' us bout Terra to notice, I guess,” said Bumble Bee.
Suddenly Beast Boy realized that she must have been upset. “I better check on her,” he said and ran off.
Raven sat on her bed with her snack, which happened to be a bag of cookies. She was eating both from her pregnancy and from feeling very depressed. The door opened and Beast Boy walked in.
“Hey, you okay?” he asked with a smile.
“Fine,” she said in a fake voice and popped a cookie into her mouth.
He sensed the falseness in her voice and knew that something was wrong. “Are you sure?” he asked, walking over to her. “Cuz you don't sound fine.”
“I'm just… in shock,” said Raven.
“From what?” he asked, sitting down next to her. “Seeing Terra?”
“That and the fact that she married Jacob,” said Raven. She looked at her husband and saw that he was a little confused. “Jacob! The man I tricked into thinking he was Alex's father! Terra married him!”
Beast Boy's face went pale and he gasped. “No way,” he said, shocked. “It's the same guy! Are you sure?”
“Of course I'm fucking sure!” she yelled.
`Uh oh,' thought Beast Boy. `Raven's mood swings are kicking in.' “Okay, calm down,” he said soothingly.
“I can't calm down!” she said and began to cry. “Terra married him! I was in love with him once and now she has him and they have a beautiful daughter and then you were flirting with her in the store, you bastard!” She went from crying to screaming. “How could you fucking flirt with her right in front of me, you're pregnant wife!”
“Raven, I wasn't flirting,” he said calmly, knowing that if he yelled back he would just upset her more. “I was just talking to her, and I'm sorry if you thought I was flirting.”
Raven had her fists clenched angrily, but released them and began to cry again. “I'm sorry,” she wept. “You're right; I'm getting upset over nothing. Why do I do that? I'm so stupid!”
“No, you're not,” he said, taking her into his arms. “You're just a little upset about Jacob and Terra, that's all.”
“Why are you so understanding?” she asked with a smile as she wiped her tears away.
“I'm just doing my best,” he said, hoping he wasn't going to say anything to set her off again. Of all times for them to run into Terra, this was probably the worst. He calmed Raven down and then left her to finish her snack and take a nap.