Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Little Cherub V by Beautifulpurpleflame ❯ When Everything Went Wrong ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I don't own Teen Titans, or anything else in this story… other than a few of the characters… and the ideas.
Chapter 7
It was a pretty quiet day. Alex sat on the couch, watching a comedy special, which he enjoyed as much as his father did. On the floor in front of him Nicholas and Justin were coloring and Arielle, Caley, and Malissa were making bracelets out of beads and string. Bumble Bee and Starfire were out shopping; they were putting a nice basket of baby girl clothes and supplies together for Raven, who was six months pregnant now. Raven was doing some meditation on the roof, where she could be alone and get her mind together, which was hard since her mood swings always got worse as her pregnancy progressed.
Suddenly the alarm went off and every room in the tower filled with a blinking red light and a screaming siren. But no one even jumped. They were so used to it that it was like someone opening a window. After a minute it turned off and the three Titan men walked in, in their suits.
“See y'all later,” said Cyborg.
“Be good,” said Robin in more of a demand than a parting remark.
“Alex,” said Beast Boy running over to his son.
“Yeah?” asked Alex, looking over his shoulder; but jumped with surprise when he saw his father right behind him.
“Wanna come watch?” asked Beast Boy with a grin.
Alex just stared at his father for a moment. “Are you kidding?” he asked, seriously.
“No, come on,” said Beast Boy, grabbing his arm and pulling him up.
“But mom said I couldn't,” said Alex.
“She'll never know,” said Beast Boy. “It's a small robbery at the craft store. Now come on.”
“Are you sure mom isn't gonna get mad?” asked Alex.
“Not if she doesn't find out,” he said.
“Alex, mom said no!” said Arielle.
“Well I'm saying yes,” said Beast Boy to his daughter.
“Beast Boy, let's go!” said Robin.
“We're coming,” said Beast Boy, grabbing Alex again and pulling him towards the door. He turned back to all of the kids and said, “Now no one tell.” And with that Beast Boy joined the other men, with his son.
“Well I'm telling,” said Caley, standing up.
“No, don't,” said Arielle, pulling Caley back down.
“Why not?” asked Caley. “You know your mom said that he wasn't allowed to go.”
“Yeah, but I don't want him to get in trouble,” said Arielle.
“Alex?” asked Caley.
“No, my dad,” said Arielle with a sigh.
The three Titan men and Alex arrived at the scene just as the thief was exiting the craft store with a bag of money. Robin and Cyborg went right in, but Beast Boy stayed behind for a second to make sure Alex was safe. He brought him across the street and made sure he stood around the corner of a building.
“Okay, just stay here and enjoy the show,” said Beast Boy with a smile and ran off.
The thief saw the three Titans and paled. He quickly made a run for it, but was stopped by a green tiger standing in front of him. He screamed and turned around to see Robin and Cyborg armed and ready to take him down.
“I'd give up if I were you,” said Robin.
“Alright, I surrender!” cried the man, throwing the money down and lifting his arms into the air.
“Good move,” said Cyborg.
Robin clamped a pair of handcuffs on him and went to hand him over to the police. Beast Boy looked back to Alex and gave him a thumbs up. Alex smiled and waved excitedly.
Suddenly there came a loud sound of smashing and people screaming. The Titan men, and Alex, looked and saw Cinderblock smash onto the scene. He smashed his way through the city, knocking an entire side of a building out. Luckily it had been empty, so no one had been hurt.
The Titan men ran as fast as they could to catch up with him. They hated taking him down, just because of all the destruction he caused and how tedious it was. People ran for their lives and Alex watched in shock. Now he was starting to get scared and nervous.
“We need to stop him before he destroys half the city,” said Robin.
“I'm on it,” said Beast Boy. He turned into a T-rex and charged at him. He knocked Cinderblock into another building and then turned back to normal.
Cinderblock seemed completely unfazed. He got up and continued to walk downtown. Cyborg charged up his laser canon and shot at the moving cement man. Beast Boy turned into a T-rex again, since it was the largest and fiercest animal he could think of, and whipped his tail at him. Robin threw every exploding disc he had, not really being able to do anything else.
While the Titans fought Alex watched intently. He followed them as they and Cinderblock moved about the city, cheering them on and hoping they would be victorious.
Robin shot a rope and it wrapped around Cinderblocks massive legs. He pulled tightly and its legs came together, making him immobile. He teetered for a second and then began to fall. He let out a gravely, stone like scream and crashed to the ground. The stone giant let out an angered groan and lifted its cement head.
Alex let out a scream of excitement and clapped. “Yeah dad!” he yelled. Beast Boy looked over at his son and waved with a smile.
Cinderblock caught site of the blond teen and grew angry at his cheers for the men who had just taken him down. He let out a yell of fury and got himself back up. He separated his feet, causing the rope to snap, and turned to face his attackers again. But this time his rock mind had a plan. He quickly grabbed a lamppost and hit all three Titans, causing them to fly backwards into a building. Then he turned and set his eyes on Alex.
Alex saw the cement creature make eye contact with him, even though he wasn't sure how, and felt like his feet were frozen to the ground. Cinderblock began to walk towards Alex, but the poor young teen couldn't move. Cinderblock lifted one of his massive block hands and swung at the awe struck boy. Alex finally snapped out of it at the last moment and dove out of the way. Cinderblocks hand crashed into a building, sending debris flying everywhere.
The three Titan men finally got to their feet and looked around, slightly dazed from being thrown into a wall. They saw Cinderblock smashing everything, left and right. And then they saw Alex suddenly crawl out of the mess and run towards them.
“Help!” he screamed in terror.
Cinderblock turned and saw Alex running towards his father and the other two Titan men. He turned his massive body and began to charge at Alex. Before Robin could say, “Titans go!” Beast Boy was gone, sprinting over to his son.
But before they could reach each other, Cinderblock had hit Alex with the back of his hand, sending him flying a hundred yards, and then skidding to a stop on the road.
“Alex!” screamed Beast Boy and ran over to his son.
While Robin and Cyborg took down Cinderblock again and hopefully for good that day, Beast Boy made it to Alex, who was lying on the ground. His heart was racing and he felt like he was going to be sick he was so afraid that Alex was dead.
“Alex!” he said as he reached him. Alex was lying on his back, unconscious. “Oh God! Come on buddy, wake up!” said Beast Boy, taking his son's hand and lightly slapping his cheek. He had cuts and bruises all over him and blood trickled from a large gash on his forehead. “Alex, can you hear me?”
Alex could hear a faint voice that sounded familiar. He had never been in so much pain in his life. He painfully opened his eyes and saw a blurred, green image above him. He knew it immediately to be his father.
“Dad?” he peeped.
“Oh thank God,” cried Beast Boy, hugging him.
“Ow!” cried Alex, making Beast Boy let go of him.
“Sorry,” Beast Boy said quickly. He tried to wipe the tears from his eyes without Alex seeing, but there was no way that was possible. “You okay? Where's it hurt?”
“Everywhere,” moaned Alex.
“Can you move anything?” asked Beast Boy.
“I'll try,” said Alex. He attempted to move any of his limbs, but it all hurt too much and he cried out in pain. “No, I can't,” he cried.
“Okay, I'm gonna get you outta here,” said Beast Boy. He slowly slipped his arms under the injured youth and gingerly lifted him up, causing Alex to groan and whimper with pain.
Robin and Cyborg took Cinderblock down at last and the police, or more like swat team, took it from there. They quickly went over to Beast Boy, who was carrying his injured son.
“Is he okay?” asked Robin.
“No, he's hurt,” said Beast Boy. “We gotta get him to the med bay so he can heal himself.”
Alex faded in and out of consciousness. He couldn't believe what had just happened. He had seen his dad running towards him and then out of the corner of his eye he saw the large cement fist coming at him. Then that feeling of being hit with such a force it could knock you a hundred yards away. It had left him basically in shock. Such shock that he couldn't even feel his body being dragged and scraped along the road.
They quickly got in the T-car and Cyborg drove as fast as he could. Beast Boy cradled his son, never feeling so horrible in his entire life. Robin had grabbed the first-aid kit that was under the driver's seat and had begun to clean the dirt and blood off of Alex. All the while they kept talking to him so that he wouldn't pass out.
Finally they arrived to the tower after what seemed to be hours, even though it had been less than five minutes. They took the elevator right from the garage to the med bay, so luckily they wouldn't have to show the beaten up Alex off to everyone. Beast Boy got him to a bed and helped Robin to finish cleaning him up.
“Hey, buddy, you still there?” asked Beast Boy, honestly scared that Alex wouldn't answer.
“Yeah, I think so,” said Alex in a moan.
“Okay, you gotta heal yourself, alright?” said Beast Boy.
“I can't remember how,” cried Alex.
“It's okay, calm down,” said Beast Boy, taking his son's hand.
“Yo man, maybe you should get Raven,” said Cyborg.
“No, she'll flip out,” said Beast Boy.
“Beast Boy, Alex needs to heal himself now,” said Robin seriously. “And Raven's the only one who can help him.”
Beast Boy knew that he was right, but he also knew that Raven wasn't exactly in the right state to handle a situation like this. But Alex needed to be healed.
“Alright, I'll go get her,” sighed Beast Boy. “I'm gonna be back in a second, okay buddy?”
“Yeah,” said Alex, who was obviously in a lot of pain.
Beast Boy hated to see anyone in pain, and that fact that this was his son broke his heart. His son was lying there, severely injured, because he wanted to show off to him. He had to show him how cool he was. Beast Boy had never hated himself more in his entire life. But he knew that the loathing he was feeling for himself was going to be nothing compared to what Raven was going to do to him.