Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Little Cherub V by Beautifulpurpleflame ❯ Unforgivable ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: I don't own Teen Titans, or anything else in this story… other than a few of the characters… and the ideas.
Chapter 8
Raven was sitting at the table eating a sandwich, watching over the kids who were doing this and that. She had noticed that Alex was missing, but when she asked where he was all the kids just shrugged and kept their mouths shut. Arielle had literally had to put her hands over Caley's mouth to make sure she didn't say anything.
Suddenly the elevator to the common room opened and Beast Boy ran out, looking a bit grungy from the battle. He ran over to Raven and then leaned on the table to catch his breath.
“So who'd you get beaten up by this time?” asked Raven casually.
“Raven, you gotta come down to the med bay,” said Beast Boy.
“Why?” asked Raven, suddenly growing nervous.
“Come on, I'll tell you on the way,” he said, grabbing her hand and leading her back over to the elevator.
“Beast Boy, who's hurt?” she asked.
He waited until the elevator doors closed to talk to her. “Okay, I took Alex out to watch me and the guys take down a thief,” said Beast Boy.
“You did what!” asked Raven in shock.
“And everything was going great, but then Cinderblock showed up,” continued Beast Boy.
“Oh my God, is Alex hurt?” she asked, realizing what the urgency might have been about.
“And we took him down no problem, but then he somehow got a second wind and he…”
“Beast Boy, is Alex hurt!” cried Raven.
The elevator doors opened and Raven ran out into the med bay. She saw Robin and Cyborg, and they were fine. And that meant one thing. She looked over to the bed and saw her son lying in it. She gasped and covered her mouth instinctively.
“Mom?” said Alex, almost crying.
Raven quickly went to him and said, “Sweetheart, are you okay?”
“Everything hurts,” he said. “I can't remember how to heal myself.”
“I'll help you,” she said calmly, even though everything inside of her was going insane. “I need you to relax, okay? Good, now close your eyes and find your center.”
“Mom, what if I fall asleep?” asked Alex.
“You need to fall asleep,” said Raven. “That's when your body will instinctively heal itself. Now hush and find your center, like you're meditating.”
Alex did his best to push all of the pain he was feeling out of his mind so that he could find his center. He had wanted to pass out ever since he had been woken up by his father when he was on the road. Now he knew why; his body was trying to heal. After a minute or two Alex finally felt all of the pain fade away and he fell asleep. His body slowly levitated into the air and his healing began.
Raven got a good look at her son and tears fell from her eyes. He had cuts all over his body and the gash on his forehead scared her. She knew he would be out for a while, so she decided to leave. She couldn't see him like that, all battered and bruised.
Beast Boy had watched as Raven talked to their son and helped him go into a healing trance. He was never so thankful for her and her powers. He watched as she turned away, once she knew Alex was all set, and then made eye contact with him. The tears were still falling from her eyes and she walked right passed him. He knew he had to follow her. Cyborg and Robin were really glad they weren't Beast Boy.
He missed her taking the elevator and waited for it to come back. Then he headed straight for their room, where he knew her to be. He walked in and saw her pacing around the room. “Raven I…”
“I don't want to talk to you,” she said coldly.
“Look, I know what I did was…” he started.
“Don't talk to me!” she screamed, half crying. Beast Boy quickly shut up and stood there silently. Raven had a million things running through her mind, none of them positive. “How could you do this to me?” she said at last.
“I know,” he said, feeling about an inch tall.
“No, you don't know,” she said with venom dripping off of the words. “I told you he was too young. I told you! I told you that he was going to get hurt!” Angry tears fell from her eyes and she stopped to place a hand over her face.
Beast Boy went over to her and tried to comfort her. “I know, and you were right.”
“Of course I was fucking right!” she screamed. “I knew this was going to happen and you went ahead and took him out there anyway! You went directly against what I said, like it didn't matter. Did you think I was just trying to be the mean parent and keep my child from having fun? Did you think I just said it without really thinking about it?”
“Raven, please calm down,” he said to his hysterical wife.
“How can I calm down?” she shouted. “My son is lying in the med bay healing himself because of you!”
“I know!” he said. “I know, and it's all my fault. I was stupid, I made the mistake. I should never have taken him out there and I'm sorry.”
“You're sorry because Alex got hurt,” spat Raven. “But you know that if he had been fine and everything had gone the way you had planned you would have come home and told me I was worried about nothing!”
“You're right,” he said quickly, not wanting her to get anymore upset. She was six months pregnant, after all, and he didn't want something to happen. “I probably would've done that. And, yes, I'm sorry that Alex got hurt. Trust me, I would trade places with him if I could. But I'm also sorry that I didn't listen to you; I've never been so sorry in my whole life.”
“I just… I can't even look at you,” she said, walking away from him and crossing her arms. “I have never been so angry in my entire life. If I wasn't pregnant right now the city would be in ruins from my powers. You have done some horrible things before, but this… this is just too much. This is the worst thing you've ever done to me or Alex.”
Beast Boy went over to her, but she quickly turned away. “Raven, you know that I would never intentionally hurt you or Alex. I love you with all of my heart and would give anything to make sure you never get upset.”
“What you did is unforgivable,” said Raven.
“I know,” said Beast Boy, truly knowing that it was.
The two stood there for a minute, silently. Finally Raven turned and looked at him. “Get out,” she said plainly.
“What?” he asked.
“Get out,” she said again.
“But Raven…”
“Just get out Beast Boy!” she shouted, feeling like she was going to breakdown again. “I'm tired, I feel sick from all of this, and I don't want you here.”
“Alright,” he said, defeated. He slowly turned and headed out of the room. Raven sat down on their bed and placed her face in her hands. Beast Boy watched as she began to cry and he felt like he could do the same. He closed the door and then leaned against it. He slid down and sat on the floor, feeling like his world was crashing all around him.
The hours passed and finally Alex lowered down onto his bed and opened his eyes. He looked around and saw his mother sitting by his side. She had a small smile and she softly ran her fingers through his blond hair.
“Hi sweetheart,” she said softly.
“Hi mom,” he said with a weak smile.
“How do you feel?” she asked.
Alex took a second to check himself. “Good,” he said, slightly surprised.
“Well, you look good,” she said, relieved. All of the cuts and bruises were gone as well as the gash on his forehead. “I'm so glad you're okay.”
“Mom?” said Alex.
“Yes?” she answered, holding his hand.
“I'm sorry,” he said.
“For what, sweetheart?” asked Raven.
“For going out to watch dad after you told me not to,” he said shamefully. “I knew I shouldn't have done it, but I just really wanted to see dad at work.”
“It's okay,” said Raven. “I know how much you admire your… father.”
“You haven't killed him yet, have you?” he asked, knowing what his mother was capable of.
“No, not yet,” sighed Raven.
“Please don't be too hard on him,” said Alex. “I mean, I was the one begging him to take me out for like the past year.”
“Yes, but he knew that I didn't want you going out there,” said Raven. “But, don't worry about him. You still need to rest. You're going to be weak for the next day or so from using your healing powers.”
“Can I at least stay in my room?” asked Alex.
Raven smiled and said, “Of course.” She helped him sit up and then after a minute or two helped him to his feet. Alex felt horrible that his poor mother was helping him to his room. She was pregnant and showing and he didn't want her to use up all of her strength on him.
She got him to his room and helped him into bed. On the way all of the children had seen him and asked what had happened. They knew something major had occurred, especially the three empath children, they just weren't sure what. Raven told them to visit Alex in a few minutes and he could tell them all of the exciting happenings of the day.
“Hey mom?” asked Alex. “Do you think it'd be okay if I used my powers on you and dad?”
“What do you mean?” asked Raven.
“Well, I just don't want you to fight,” said Alex. “And if I use my special power on you guys, you won't be fighting anymore.”
“No, we need this fight,” said Raven. “You're father needs to learn a lesson here. But all you need to know is that this is between he and I and it has nothing to do with you. So don't feel guilty.”
“I know, but I hate it when you fight,” said Alex. “Me and Arielle and the twins feel what you feel and it really, well, sucks.”
“Trust me, I know how you feel,” she said, no pun intended. “But you'll just have to put up with it for a little while. Or at least until I can figure out what to do.”
“You're not gonna… separate, are you?” asked Alex, fearfully.
Raven sighed and said, “I sure hope not. But, like I said, no matter what, this is between he and I. Now why don't you get some rest, okay?”
“Okay,” said Alex and he lay down.
Beast Boy had been in the gym, trying to work off all of the terrible feelings he had within him. He knew he had to stay away from Raven and he knew that the gym was the one place she wouldn't go to. But he was done now and decided to check in on Alex. He saw that his son was gone and for a second he freaked out, but then he figured that he had probably gone to his room, so he made his way there.
Just as he came upon Alex's room he saw Raven just exiting. The two saw each other and froze. Raven felt the anger within her return and she quickly turned away from him.
“Is… is Alex okay?” asked Beast Boy.
“He's fine,” she said plainly.
“How's the cut on his head?” he asked.
“Gone,” she said. “He's resting now if you want to see him and apologize for what you did.” And with that she went to their room and slid the door shut.
Beast Boy had never seen Raven like this before. He knew that he had really done it this time and he only hoped Raven wouldn't divorce him for it. This was the first time the thought even crossed his mind. Divorce. Would she really consider it or was he just getting too upset? His heart raced and he suddenly felt panicked. He couldn't let this happen to his family. He had to make this right.