Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ There go the brides ❯ Split up ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
When the titans made it back to the tower, they also had learned that several other brides had been kidnapped by Blackheart and his men as well. This frightened any and all couples due to be married soon, and some had cancelled out their weddings.
Cyborg mapped out the city and put an X beside each chapel the blackheart-soldiers had hit. It made almost complete circle around the whole city. Some of the chapels had even been hit twice and were marked with extra X's
Robin came back from the computer lab, but he could find no files on Captain Blackheart. He was a new one… a new enemy the Titans knew nothing about, except that he was after brides, and he and his men had mysterious powers. How they got it was a mystery, but they all felt it had some connection with the kidnapped brides.
Starfire and Terra felt just awful for all those poor girls. “A wedding is supposed to be the grandest day of a young girl's life.” said Starfire. “Yeah…!” added Terra “And what about their grooms…? I'll bet they're worrying themselves sick.”
Beast boy place his hand over his wife's shoulder. “Don't worry, babe…” he said acting like one of those cocky, buff super heroes. “We'll find this messed up dude, save those ladies… and the story will have a happy ending!”
“Uh-huh…” Raven simply said “And just where do you propose to start looking?”
Beast Boy raised his finger, opened his mouth, took in a deep breath and said… “I'll get back to you.”
The others all sighed irritably.
So far, their best lead was Blackheart would only make his moves before or during an actual wedding. “And that's where we'll catch him.” Robin said.
“Agreed…” said Copy-Cat “But how are we to determine where he will strike? There are many dozens of wedding chapels in the city; we must figure how to narrow it down.”
“I'm on it…” Cyborg said. He had been going the incoming reports and found that many of the chapels had cancelled any upcoming weddings in regards of the threat, “All accept these two.”
The two chapels were separated by a large distance-- One to the North, the other to the Southwest. The team would have to split up to cover both areas. Beast Boy asked if Terra was up to it, concerned about the baby. She agreed to come, and if the fight would escalate, she'd do her best to keep out of harm's way.
It really wasn't easy to be a pregnant superhero.
Robin, Starfire, Cyborg and Copy-Cat took the northern chapel while Raven, Beast Boy, and Terra took the other chapel. All of them were hiding, so as not to arouse suspicion, not even to the wedding parties. If they knew what was about to happen, they'd cancel the wedding and blow the Titan's chance to catch Blackheart and his men.
It didn't help that both weddings were actually going on at the same time either. Starfire couldn't but shed a small tear of happiness. “They seem so happy…” she whispered.
“Yeah, but for how long…?” Cyborg wondered.
Suddenly, Copy-Cat's foresight was acting up. “Hmm…!”
“What is it…?” asked Robin.
“I feel it. They are coming.” said Copy-Cat.
Sure enough, the blackheart soldiers marching footsteps were felt and getting closer. The people in the chapel were already feeling the tremors.
“What's going on…?”
“What is it…?”
The stain glass windows shattered and holes in the roof were punctured as the soldiers leapt inside, frightening the people. The ushers tried to throw them out, but the soldiers proved to be tougher than they looked.
The groom tried to stand up for his bride and charge forth with his fists at the ready, but the soldier he charge at simple raised his arm and fired a beam of energy straight at the poor man, send him flying straight into the organ.
The bride screamed in horror, and then found herself inching away as the soldiers approached her. “What do want? What are you going to do to me?”
The soldiers just sniggered with sinister expressions on their faces, but before they could do anything more, a set of disc-bombs struck them.
The soldier's turned and saw several of the titans at the doors. “Step away from her!” snarled Robin.
The soldiers preferred to make a fight out of it. “Always gotta do it the hard way...” Cyborg growled a she charged a couple of the men, but he didn't dare use his sonic-canon for fear of harming the civilians still unable to escape.
Starfire didn't dare use her star-bolts either. Robin's weapons, and Copy-Cat's speed were their best weapons, but the soldiers were still as merciless as ever. “Yo'! We need help!” cried Cyborg.
Robin tried to call the others, “Dude! We can't!” cried Beast Boy, “Blackheart's here himself. He's trying to take the bride away.”
The titans had been badly outsmarted.
The Captain had divided his men to cover more ground so he could capture more brides faster, and now he had another bride locked in his transport cage and he gazed at the other three titans. “It was rather naive of you, attempting to catch me like this.”
Beast-Boy didn't like being mocked, and charged at the captain as a rhino. The captain merely used his powers to force Beast Boy back, and slam into a brick-wall. “Beast-Boy!” cried Terra.
Beast-Boy turned back to his normal self, and still upside-down against the wall, “Dude! How is he doing that?”
The captain chuckled wickedly, and the girls decided to team up and go after him. Terra unleashed a bombardment of stones, but the captain just blasted each and every one of them with such accuracy and power, blasting them to dust before they reached him. Then he blasted a shot straight for Terra, but Beast-boy shielded her as a T-Rex, trying to protect her and the baby.
Then Beast Boy charged at him again, only to have Blackheart grab him by the tail and actually slam him hard down like a hammer with such strength. “No!” Terra cried as she ran over to the near unconscious T-Rex.
Raven quickly slipped past Blackheart while he was distracted and used her powers to beam inside the cage, where the bride was being held. “Hold on! I'll try and get you out.” but before she could try and blast the door open, the cage jerked violently and was being lifted off the ground.
Raven tried to beam back out again, but Captain Blackheart called form his chopper that he sealed the cage tight with an energy force-field. “Three brides and a teen titan in one day?” he teased, but the rest of his sayings were drowned by his laughter as he and his men flew away.
Beast-Boy came to. “Are you alright?” he asked. His wife nodded, but then they both realized Raven. “The last thing I remember was she slipped into the cage.” said Terra.
Then they both looked up at the sky and realized where she was. They eyes bulging wide and their mouths open in shock. “Uh-oh…!” They both exclaimed.
“Uh-oh… what?” asked a voice.
The others had returned from their mission. They had managed to save the bride they were trying to protect as Blackheart's men soon retreated. Needless they didn't have to guess that the other bride had been captured. “Where is Raven?” asked Copy-Cat.
Terra and Beast Boy hesitated to tell. “Where is she…?” asked Starfire.
“Spill it, already!” snapped Cyborg.
Robin, however, had a pretty good idea where Raven was. He looked at Beast-Boy and Terra deeply. “Is she with Blackheart?”
Beast Boy and Terra wouldn't deny and answered. “Yes…”
“She is. She was taken away.”
Copy-Cat felt his insides churning with shock and anger. “What…? WHAT DID YOU SAY---?!?!”