Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ There go the brides ❯ Lesson learned. ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

EPILOUGE
Blackheart and his men were taken to prison, and the brides were taken to hospitals. All they needed was to rest and recovered their strengths normally. Now, with Blackheart out of the way, weddings were free to resume. Some of them even invited the titans to attend as a thank you, but the titans were forced to decline.
Still, the city was very grateful for their efforts.
Now back home, Raven was back to wearing blue, still not bothering to cut her long hair. Copy-Cat was holding and ice bag to his aching head. All he needed was to rest and meditate to keep his foresight in check.
Cyborg's hand was feeling fetter too. “Man, that guy was tough.” He said “But he sure wasn't too smart.”
“A lust for power and revenge can often blind someone to what really matters.” Robin pointed out.
Raven looked up from her book. “That's why I said… intelligence and heart will win over power any day.” She put down her book and took Copy-Cat's hand leading him to the door. “Where are you going…” asked Starfire.
Terra and Beast-Boy had a good idea what they were up to and snickered at one another.
“Raven…” Copy-Cat said as he walked with her, “Careful of my head…!”
Raven lead him into her room, quickly shut the door and then turned to face him, practically pinning him up against the door. “Raven…?”
His lady-friend was staring at him cheekily. “I never got to thank you for getting me out of that cell.” and she kissed him tenderly. Headache or not, Copy-Cat returned her kiss and they both just slid to the floor, enjoying the moment.
Author notes:
My original idea was to have Copy-Cat and Raven pose as a bride and groom in a fake wedding of their own, but for several reasons it couldn't be done.
The most obvious of all is Blackheart would suspect such a trap like that, anyone who knew Raven could recognize her, even if she had a makeover.