Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ There go the brides ❯ The Power! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
The titans all crept onto the roof where Blackheart wouldn't suspect they were. “Now listen…” said Robin. “We can ambush them, but we have to get the brides out of the way first without hurting them.”
“Leave them to us.” Beast Boy said.
“We'll deal with the brides.” added Terra.
“All right… get ready.” Robin said.
Copy-Cat was still unable to move, and Raven was still locked in. Blackheart decided, “It's time…” he hissed. “Hmm, mm, mm, mm…!”
He removed his cap and sat himself into a chair right next to the large energy jar, and strapped himself down hard. “Throw the switch.”
One of the soldiers saluted and threw the big switch. “Beginning transfusion…”
The machinery roared to life as the jar began to glow and the energy inside it bubble and broiled. Blackheart began jerking and growling in his seat as he felt the energy and power coursing through his veins. “Ah..! Ha…! Ha, ha, ha…! Yessss…! YESSSS…! SWEET GLORIUS POWER…!” he roared as his muscles began to expand, and he stretched through his outfit like a hulk…
…at least his pants stayed on.
“YES…!” he cried, but suddenly a disc-bomb struck the energy jar from above, puncturing it. “What…”
And one by one the titans came crashing through the roof. Beast-Boy fell on his bottom, “Ow…!” but quickly got up right. “It's light out, Blackheart!” Cyborg snapped as he shot the jar again with his sonic-cannon.
“Ah…! No…!” shouted Blackheart as the jar began to go berserk as the energy overloaded. Blackheart dashed out of his seat just in time as the energy erupted and flared all over the place in a tornado of light and flashes.
Then… it was gone, and all was quiet.
“No!” thundered Blackheart.
“We did…!” cried Starfire “He has lost all of his power.”
“Uh… Star, I don't think so…” cried Beast Boy. The titans saw Blackheart spring to his feet, topless, buff, sweaty, and angrier than ever, as well as glowing with power that he already absorbed. “You think it's over…” he shouted “But I've still gathered enough power to do away with all of you.”
“Man, don't you ever quit…?” snapped Cyborg. “Forget it…” said Terra “Let's party!”
The soldiers all dashed up the stairs charging. “Titans, go!” shouted Robin, and the fight was on. Raven was still trapped, for her cell was still energized, but Copy-Cat had no choice, and he elbowed the brides in their stomachs allowing him to escape. “My most sincere apologies.” He called to them.
The way to Raven's cell was blocked by more soldiers, but he did his best to fight them off with his speed and quick wits.
The other titans were having trouble maneuvering around the soldiers without hurting the brides, but Beast Boy and Terra decided to put their plan into action. “Hey… I'm over here.” Beast Boy teased.
Terra stuck out her tongue and blew raspberries teasing them more. “Get them!” roared Blackheart, and all the brides began to go after Beast Boy and Terra, almost like a school of fish following the leader.
This gave the other titans the edge to knock out the guards, and Copy-Cat managed to get to Raven's cell and use his claws to slash the control console near it, powering down the energy and opening the door. “Raven…!”
“Copy-Cat…! Oh!” Raven cried as she hugged her boyfriend warmly, they joined the others to face blackheart, while Beast Boy and Terra led the brides into the cell Raven was just in. Then they quickly leapt out and Terra sealed the entrance with am extremely heavy rock wall, using the bricks of the floor and walls so the brides wouldn't escape.
Now, all of the titans were staring Blackheart down-- seven against one. “You will fail…!” snarled Blackheart. “We'll see!” protested Robin. “Go…!”
Six of the titans charged, but Raven simply levitated up to the celling and began to meditate. “What are you doing…?” called Starfire.
“Trust me!” Raven called.
With his new strength and extra forces, Blackheart was stronger than ever. Starfire's star bolts didn't even faze him. Cyborg tried sneaking up from behind and aimed a powerful punch in the back, “The bigger they are…”
WHAMM! It was like hitting a reinforced steel wall.
“EEE…! The more bones they can break!” groaned Cyborg as he tried to sooth his aching hand. The others tried their best, but Blackheart's new strength was seemingly unmatchable.
Terra was barely able to keep a safe distance away and fight at the same time using only her powers. “If only I weren't pregnant!” she growled in frustration.
Raven was still meditating, and trying her hardest to stay focused. Whatever her plan was, she'd have to do it soon… her friends wouldn't last much longer at the rate things were going.
Beast Boy, as an elephant, was being held by the tusks and actually flipped over. Robin was almost hit by the impact. Copy-Cat couldn't even try to copy Blackheart, for the energy was too powerful. “Here, kitty, kitty, kitty!” sneered Blackheart a she stomped his way towards Copy-Cat who hissed at him with furry.
Blackheart then fired a blast, which Copy-Cat dodged. Blackheart fired again, but Copy-Cat's Foresight kept him one step ahead and able to dodge them, but soon Copy Cat began to sway and look weak. “He's used his foresight too much!” cried Terra.
Starfire swopped down and grabbed Copy-Cat, getting him out of the way before he was hit, but now it looked hopeless. The titans had tried with all they had, but none of it had done any good. He was way too strong. Now they were basked in his monstrous shadow, backed into a corner. His huge footsteps were shaking them enough…!
“And in the end…” Blackheart sneered. “Power… is what truly matters.”
“Ah, man… this is it!” cried Cyborg.
Terra touched her stomach and felt really upset for her unborn child.
Blackheart raised his arm ready for the final blow. “Any last words…?” he asked.
Raven's eyes burst open. “HAH…!” and she fired a powerful burst of energy at Blackheart's backside. The villain roared and howled in pain as he felt the force.
He then turned to see Raven, in white, and glowing mysteriously, and her long hair swaying with the flow. “I have a few things to say…” she said.
Blackheart growled fiercely at Raven, “Impudence…!” and he fired a blast at her which did no damage at all. “What…?!”
Raven just slowly floated towards him. “No…! This cannot be!” growled Blackheart. “I have it all… I have the power… I AM THE STRONGEST!” HE summoned up all that he had in him into one enormous, concentrate burst forward, but Raven… only using a fraction of her power countered it with her own blast.
“UGH…!”
“And I told you before…!” Raven sneered as her energy slowly began to force back. “Without intelligence and without heart… power is nothing but an empty threat.”
The force moved closer towards Blackheart. “ARGH…!”
“You've been kidnaping innocent brides, on what was supposed to be the happiest days of their lives.”
…and closer!
“You harnessed their energy while their happiness was at its highest!”
…and closer!
“And it was all for your own selfish and vengeful desires!”
It was almost touching him…
“In all these near twenty years I've been alive… you are the most disgraceful abuser of power that I've met, and you make me sick.”
“…Azarath… Metrione… ZINTHOS!”
Blackheart felt the magic consuming him, “UHHH…UHHH-AAAAHHHHHH…!”
Raven's blast was so intense that she practically wiped out the entire top section of the building, except the floor. The titans were safe, and so were the brides. They were no longer under Blackheart's control, but they were unconscious…
Blackheart was unconscious too and back to his normal size. Raven had merely used her magic to destroy all the excess energy and power that was within him.
The other titans all huddled around him. “You were just too greedy for power.” Raven said.